Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Can I do the trade and keep PT and all my data by transferring to a western digital passport and then to the Pro?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Housh posted:

Can I do the trade and keep PT and all my data by transferring to a western digital passport and then to the Pro?

Yep.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I'm still relatively new to Bloodborne, and today was at a point where I had to do some mundane re-treading to stock up on supplies/echoes. Remembered that Spotify was a thing on PS4 and loaded up a classic metal playlist. Oh my goodness, the sheer :black101: and :rock: of Bloodborne and Iron Maiden together cannot be understated. It was quite an experience.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Manatee Cannon posted:

the combat in let it die is, uh... unfortunate

what?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's a polite way of saying that game plays like poo poo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's a polite way of saying that game plays like poo poo

uh it kinda doesnt though. i mean its not bloodborne but it plays fine?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
New Hot Shots Golf looks so good. I can't wait to go fishing for golf balls that I knocked into the water traps.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

bloodychill posted:

New Hot Shots Golf looks so good. I can't wait to go fishing for golf balls that I knocked into the water traps.

Where? Is there new footage? Why am I reading that they're making it a mobile game?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Super No Vacancy posted:

mine has not been at all choppy since i upgraded to the pro. was p bad on the amateur

I guess you got a top secret PS4 Pro Turbo because it loses frames every time I rotate the camera. Changed it to 30fps locked.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Fix posted:

Where? Is there new footage? Why am I reading that they're making it a mobile game?

They had a preview at TGS back in September and I'm just getting around to watching it.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016/09/tgs_2016_new_hot_shots_golf_tees_off_next_summer_on_ps4

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

bloodychill posted:

They had a preview at TGS back in September and I'm just getting around to watching it.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016/09/tgs_2016_new_hot_shots_golf_tees_off_next_summer_on_ps4

:negative:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sony just pushed out Firmware 4.07 now, getting ready to install now.

edit: oh hey this update finally fixed What's New for me, hadn't gotten an update on that in a few weeks. Nice

Policenaut fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Dec 8, 2016

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Policenaut posted:

Sony just pushed out Firmware 4.07 now, getting ready to install now.

edit: oh hey this update finally fixed What's New for me, hadn't gotten an update on that in a few weeks. Nice

fix for party audio being completely hosed since ffxv came out?
being in a party never lowers the in game volume for me anymore

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Going back to Dark Souls chat, Dark Souls 3 is probably a better game than Dark Souls 2. It's also a much more boring and bland game than Dark Souls 2 was. I mean for all of Dark Souls 2's numerous faults, you can't say they didn't attempt new ideas with it. A lot of the ideas fell flat and didn't work, some of them did work really well and should have been carried over into 3 yet didn't for some reason. Dark Souls 3 kind of felt more like an expansion pack to Dark Souls 1 than a real sequel, since half of the locations in the game are from Dark Souls 1 but altered and it was homaging Dark Souls 1 so much it didn't really feel like the game had an identity of its own. Dark Souls 3's one released DLC so far is also the worst DLC content in the entire series. It's a far, far cry from the Dark Souls 1 DLC, any of the Dark Souls 2 DLC and Bloodborne's DLC and it's far too overpriced for what it actually is.

Add to this that people are feeling fatigued by Soulsborne with the near yearly releases and you end up with a decent game that could and should have been way better and part of you is playing it more out of obligation than anything. I've beat it once at release, then again once the DLC came out and I'll probably do one final playthrough once the last DLC comes out but I can't really see myself going back to the game regularly like I did Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1, 2 or Bloodborne. From Software are absolutely right to take a break from those style of games and focus more on their other IPs like Armored Core.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Elite: Dangerous finally making its way to PS4 in Q2 2017.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/12/08/elite-dangerous-lifts-off-on-ps4-next-year/

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
No mention of VR support :colbert:

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I was so hyped for Elite until I actually tried it on my friends ludicrously expensive PC with a ludicrously expensive VR headset.

It's actually pretty boring, better off sticking to No Mans Sky if you want a spaceship game.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

marktheando posted:

I was so hyped for Elite until I actually tried it on my friends ludicrously expensive PC with a ludicrously expensive VR headset.

It's actually pretty boring, better off sticking to No Mans Sky if you want a spaceship game.

1. NMS isn't a spaceship game. The ship basically runs on auto pilot the whole time.

2. How can something be more boring than NMS

I mean, E:D looks far too micro-managey for me, but at least it has some depth.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

1. NMS isn't a spaceship game. The ship basically runs on auto pilot the whole time.

2. How can something be more boring than NMS

I mean, E:D looks far too micro-managey for me, but at least it has some depth.

It's a game where you fly a spaceship, of course it's a spaceship game.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

They have different focuses. NMS doesn't have what I want. Plus I'm already familiar with the game as I have it on PC but I'd be willing to double dip for PS4 version.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

every space ship ride in nms is a journey through a large variety (3-4) of mostly green jpeg backgrounds or 'systems', in all space game respects, there is nothing more we can ask for

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

They're purple sometimes. I've even seen red ones since 1.10 came out

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Never had so much fun failing a mission before like I am in Hitman. It feels like Groundhog Day or Edge of Tomorrow where I'm not necessarily progressing but I'm learning with each iteration and as I get used to how things unfold it would look as though to an observer that I'm showing up at just the perfect time for everything. There's just so much in each level. Although instead of letting the mission fail completely I suppose I could load from a save but it seems more fun to have things reset and start over.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Lobok posted:

Never had so much fun failing a mission before like I am in Hitman. It feels like Groundhog Day or Edge of Tomorrow where I'm not necessarily progressing but I'm learning with each iteration and as I get used to how things unfold it would look as though to an observer that I'm showing up at just the perfect time for everything. There's just so much in each level. Although instead of letting the mission fail completely I suppose I could load from a save but it seems more fun to have things reset and start over.

This exactly. Picking up on little details that are useful in later playthroughs can be really satisfying. For instance, in Sapienza I was messing around in the Observatory and found a control panel to open the roof and position the telescope. This triggers Caruso into coming up to the roof to have a peek through the telescope. I peeked through before he came up and saw that the telescope looks directly towards the church's bell tower. So I hid nearby, used the opportunity to garrote Caruso, and on my next playthrough snuck a sniper rifle up to the top of the church bell tower. I shot the panel off the power grid for the roof mechanism outside, shot it again to open the roof, and waited. Sure enough, I could see his magnified eye blinking through the telescope lens. I fired directly into the lens and am treated to a really satisfying *whizzclank* as the bullet domes him.

Hitman is easily my GOTY

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Obsurveyor posted:

If you go to Settings->Network->Network Type, what do each of you have for NAT Type. You want NAT Type 2 or lower for both.

Both are NAT 2

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

MeatwadIsGod posted:

This exactly. Picking up on little details that are useful in later playthroughs can be really satisfying. For instance, in Sapienza I was messing around in the Observatory and found a control panel to open the roof and position the telescope. This triggers Caruso into coming up to the roof to have a peek through the telescope. I peeked through before he came up and saw that the telescope looks directly towards the church's bell tower. So I hid nearby, used the opportunity to garrote Caruso, and on my next playthrough snuck a sniper rifle up to the top of the church bell tower. I shot the panel off the power grid for the roof mechanism outside, shot it again to open the roof, and waited. Sure enough, I could see his magnified eye blinking through the telescope lens. I fired directly into the lens and am treated to a really satisfying *whizzclank* as the bullet domes him.

Hitman is easily my GOTY

By far my most stylish kill yet, in Paris, was after I found the remote fireworks detonator. The target and I were outside among the party guests, so I set off the fireworks. He went inside to tear a strip off the technicians for setting the fireworks off early and was unaccompanied because his personal bodyguard and everyone else were staring up at the fireworks. Killed the target, stuffed him in a cabinet, then walked off the grounds and ended the mission with fireworks still going off in the sky behind me. Lots of games try for cinematic moments but so few ever deliver like my moment or yours.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Yeah Hitman has been a massive surprise to me how much I have enjoyed it.

Grabbed it almost on a whim when it was on Black Friday sale due to the Giantbomb series of videos which I've found hilarious but I've just never seen it as my thing. But as you guys are saying the more I play it the more I want to REplay it, and find different ways to do the kills etc. It's addictive in a way I never expected it to be, finding myself going back to it constantly, especially as currently my gaming time is so limited now with two young kids.

Pulled off my first try at an elusive target kill last night on the little old lady which I was really happy with, particularly since I hadn't even played that map yet. Had the advantage of seeing the attempts of the Giantbomb guys so I knew not what to do, but when I loaded it up I saw there was a sniper rifle available that I could stash in the drop point at the lamp alley so I went for that since it seemed a distance based approach was my best chance. Then I followed the little old lady around for a while, and saw she actually goes down those alleys. Next to the drop point with a view up that alley was another dark area that I could hide out in. There was a soldier patrolling down the alley who would get too close to my hiding location so I killed him to get a feel for the sniper rifle which caused me to be compromised. I managed to grab one of the soldiers who investigated and switched to his uniform, then waited for the little old lady to come by again. Eventually she did and I sniped her, hid in the large bin while they hunted, and even though I was compromised once things had calmed down a bit was able to make my way past a few suspicious people to the exit.. So much fun.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Played some Let It Die yesterday and it is probably the best free to play game I've played on a console? I don't know if I will hit a freemium wall at some point that will suck the fun out of it though. The combat is pretty fun and the punches have more than that minimum level of meatiness that I like to use them. The only problem I have is that the camera doesn't really get better when you lock on to and enemy. The character acts like it would when locked on but the camera doesn't stay behind them so you can roll out of the way and the enemy is completely out of sight. The inventory space is also somewhat limited, I dunno if that's something that can be fixed with the freemium currency or decals or something I just haven't come across yet.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Let It Die's combat is clunky and stiff; its environments and gameplay loop are basic and repetitive, but I can't stop playing

I'm getting close to what people are reporting is a difficulty spike/freemium wall (floors 15~30+) so maybe I'll get frustrated

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Dec 8, 2016

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
SFV is the best f2p game on ps4 it's just not actually f2p.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I was skeptical about the episodic format at first, but now I totally get it, and wish I had bought it earlier. Replaying the levels over and over again would have been the perfect thing to do while waiting for the next episode or playing it in between other big games.
I should have known, since I squeezed out so much gameplay from Ground Zeroes while waiting for The Phantom Pain. I made a small effort post before playing Hitman how MGSV should have taken Hitman's level design approach and have had a few GZ-like setpiece stages instead of open world, and now playing Hitman, I feel like I was right.

I'll definitely buy Season 2 whenever it starts up.

Violator
May 15, 2003

I'm sorry if this has been posted numerous times before, but what's up with keyboard and mouse support? I had a buddy suggest that it was coming to games in the near future, but that seems unlikely since it seems it would be a huge advantage for those that use it.

I basically bought my PS4 for single player MKX and Doom, and I find Doom a pain in the rear end to play because I keep missing shots by small slivers and I feel like I'm on a cart that's hard to steer. I was a monster on GoldenEye and unlocked Invincibility using the N64 controller, so I thought I could adapt but playing Doom with a controller just isn't a ton of fun for me. I'm really old I guess. :( I've messed with the settings a lot but haven't really found a configuration that really makes it a joy to play for me, so I end up playing like once every couple of months.

I've thought about getting a Xim4, but don't want to spend $100 on GameGenie-like hardware device if mouse support is coming to games in the near future.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Intel&Sebastian posted:

SFV is the best f2p game on ps4 it's just not actually f2p.

No Sorry, that's Overwatch

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Violator posted:

I'm sorry if this has been posted numerous times before, but what's up with keyboard and mouse support? I had a buddy suggest that it was coming to games in the near future, but that seems unlikely since it seems it would be a huge advantage for those that use it.

I basically bought my PS4 for single player MKX and Doom, and I find Doom a pain in the rear end to play because I keep missing shots by small slivers and I feel like I'm on a cart that's hard to steer. I was a monster on GoldenEye and unlocked Invincibility using the N64 controller, so I thought I could adapt but playing Doom with a controller just isn't a ton of fun for me. I'm really old I guess. :( I've messed with the settings a lot but haven't really found a configuration that really makes it a joy to play for me, so I end up playing like once every couple of months.

I've thought about getting a Xim4, but don't want to spend $100 on GameGenie-like hardware device if mouse support is coming to games in the near future.

There is no keyboard and mouse support.

There is a hori tac pro which is garbage apparently, or a Xim4.

There wont be plug and play KB/Mouse for games.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Violator posted:

The PS4 already has mouse and keyboard support - it's just that only FFXIV and War Thunder AFAIK support it since they have cross-play with PC users. You might as well just get a XIM4.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

glam rock hamhock posted:

No Sorry, that's Overwatch

I would have been happy to pay 60 bucks for OW even if they didn't sell loot boxes to people who are hosed in the head. But I will say that Hearthstone should be the model for everyones f2p games, especially if you're gonna inject a little pay to win. Just make a game so good that a zillion people will play and a couple thousand will throw money at.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Is the Uncharted Collection normally $20?

Violator
May 15, 2003

Athanatos posted:

There is no keyboard and mouse support.

There is a hori tac pro which is garbage apparently, or a Xim4.

There wont be plug and play KB/Mouse for games.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll pick up a Xim and get back to gaming.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

89 posted:

Look at it on web, that should tell you if this is a reduced price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

89 posted:

Not unless it's on sale no, make sure you're looking at the full collection, not one of the games on its own they released separately recently.

• Locked thread