Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

haveblue posted:

Look at it on web, that should tell you if this is a reduced price.

Well, I know that. Just somebody posted it for Amazon in the Video Game Deal thread, but it seems like it's $20 everywhere including PSN. So figured I was missing something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

89 posted:

Well, I know that. Just somebody posted it for Amazon in the Video Game Deal thread, but it seems like it's $20 everywhere including PSN. So figured I was missing something.

It's only just had a price cut, until a week or two ago it could not be found for under $30, most places had it at $40. I've been waiting for this for a while.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I would have been happy to pay 60 bucks for OW even if they didn't sell loot boxes to people who are hosed in the head.

OW was like $38 over the holiday and you get loot boxes for free as you rank up. It's not that bad.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Mayor McCheese posted:

OW was like $38 over the holiday and you get loot boxes for free as you rank up. It's not that bad.

We're in agreement, I was replying to someone saying it should be a f2p game like SFV should be. OW could be a f2p because everyone and their mother would be playing it and buying chars if they made you, but doesn't have to be because it's good enough to be worth 30-60 bucks. SFV should be f2p because it's missing poo poo, kinda sucks, drips fight money at you like molasses and then has poo poo you can't even buy with fight money. I play it pretty regularly online, killed off about half the single player stuff you can do for fight money and I've only had enough saved for one character, 2 costumes, and another half character.

It's better now that they have daily goals but it's still pretty painful for a game I payed 30 bucks for.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Dec 8, 2016

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Soul Mates: 'The Last Guardian' Director Ueda and 'Dark Souls' Creator Miyazaki

😍😍😍

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Their collaboration will just have no framerate.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Zero is a rate

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Aphrodite posted:

Their collaboration will just have no framerate.

No that's not how it works. You have to add their framerates together!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The game will render another frame when it feels like it. It'll be so lifelike, just like interacting with a real artist.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I mean I obviously love Overwatch which is why I said it's the best f2p games that's not actually f2p. I don't mind that element and agree that you never need to pay extra both because the unlockables are purely cosmetic and can be got just by playing, which is also how a really good f2p game works (though it is extremely rare for an actually free game to do that).

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

TaurusOxford posted:

The PS4 already has mouse and keyboard support - it's just that only FFXIV and War Thunder AFAIK support it since they have cross-play with PC users. You might as well just get a XIM4.

Paragon does too, for the same reason :v:

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Stardew Vally is out on the 13th for PS4

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

fit em all up in there posted:

Stardew Vally is out on the 13th for PS4

That game would be perfect for the Vita

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

marktheando posted:

It's a game where you fly a spaceship, of course it's a spaceship game.

It's a spaceship game in the same way that Final Fantasy 15 is a car game I guess.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/heyraguio/status/806596334618898432

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

marktheando posted:

I was so hyped for Elite until I actually tried it on my friends ludicrously expensive PC with a ludicrously expensive VR headset.

It's actually pretty boring, better off sticking to No Mans Sky if you want a spaceship game.

That Dreadnought game looks cool as far as space games go. I know Yager isn't known for much outside of Spec Ops: The Line, but they've made a few flight sims before that.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

El Hefe posted:

That game would be perfect for the Vita

its gonna be on switch

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wouldn't mind a spaceship game that was less ambitious. Like, arcadey with cool missions and badass looking explosions and just a normal game. I am not the type of person spaceship games cater to in 2016.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

veni veni veni posted:

I wouldn't mind a spaceship game that was less ambitious. Like, arcadey with cool missions and badass looking explosions and just a normal game. I am not the type of person spaceship games cater to in 2016.

Sounds like you want Galak-Z

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Clearly space trucking is where all the money is

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I just want a real Star Control 3.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

That's House of the Dying Sun, which is unfortunately not coming to PS4.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

numerrik posted:

Sounds like you want Galak-Z

Galak Z was cool but I never really got into it. I was referring more to games where you play in the cockpit. Stuff like Colony wars was fun back in the day.

I'm digging the VR experience space shooters right now but they are all like 15 minutes long and not real games.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

veni veni veni posted:

I want Freespace 3 as well :(

homeless snail posted:

That's House of the Dying Sun, which is unfortunately not coming to PS4.

If that game had just a teensy bit more character to it, it would totally be my jam

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

I just want a real Star Control 3.
Doesn't everybody?

Alternately, a remake, or maybe even a direct port of 2 to the PS4 would also be acceptable.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Elite Dangerous is a game you play for the long haul. The best way to enjoy it is to make a goal for yourself then work towards that goal, the game will do the rest. It's random enough that crazy stories will emerge from them.

For example, I wanted to buy a new ship so I went about hunting fools for their sweet bounties. I under-estimated my opponents (a wing of 3) and nearly got destroyed. My canopy glass was broken so my HUD was all but gone and I was short in oxygen. So I had to navigate through space and line up my vectors from a single shard of surviving canopy glass. I managed to get to the station with like 10 seconds of oxygen left and repaired my ship. Before all this I hadn't run into any major problems taking care of other ships, so it was unexpected and intense. Like Dark Souls I have 100k souls and I don't know where the gently caress the next bonfire is intense.

Likewise trading runs can see you get interjected by people looking to steal your stuff or the authorities if you're smuggling contraband. I had to tear rear end into a station and nearly smashing into the back of the docking bay more than a few times, but the payouts were incredible. It's not a game for everyone but it can be as intense or relaxing as you want it to be. It also has some of the best sound design in any game made.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

"Just remake TIE Fighter" seems like the biggest no-brainer in game development, but everyone has to add like an open world or an economy or make it adjunct to an FPS. Don't do that. Just remake TIE Fighter.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

"Just remake TIE Fighter" seems like the biggest no-brainer in game development, but everyone has to add like an open world or an economy or make it adjunct to an FPS. Don't do that. Just remake TIE Fighter.

Even if they did they'd make it super simple by removing all the sim aspects and lowering difficulty.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Just make like a dozen more X-wing missions comparable to the one already out and sell them as a bundle.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

It's amazing isn't it? You wouldn't think that or Freelancer would be that hard.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

El Hefe posted:

Even if they did they'd make it super simple by removing all the sim aspects and lowering difficulty.
I dunno about difficulty but they'd have to rethink many controls so it doesn't need a whole keyboard. But then, did the game ever really need five different ways to cycle through targets? Was there any way it could have been automated to the point where manual things could be handled by one or two buttons?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

galak-z as a metroidvania or more freeform exploration game would have been incredibly cool. the way they put that game together was pretty lame, which is a shame because the controls were really good and flying the ship was fun

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Samurai Sanders posted:

I dunno about difficulty but they'd have to rethink many controls so it doesn't need a whole keyboard. But then, did the game ever really need five different ways to cycle through targets? Was there any way it could have been automated to the point where manual things could be handled by one or two buttons?

I have a CH Products stick and I have everything mapped out to just the joystick, if you have a simple 2 button joystick I could see that being a problem though.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

El Hefe posted:

I have a CH Products stick and I have everything mapped out to just the joystick, if you have a simple 2 button joystick I could see that being a problem though.
This is the PS4 thread so I thought we were talking about a PS4 port. Obviously you can still play it on the PC if you want to.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Samurai Sanders posted:

This is the PS4 thread so I thought we were talking about a PS4 port. Obviously you can still play it on the PC if you want to.

I tried playing it with a x360 controller and it was really bad having to aim with the tiny stick, though I guess they could work on it to make it work with a pad.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Right -- how many throttle buttons did you frequently use besides full and match target?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Even with a controller there can be more commands than there are buttons. The joysticks can be pressed, selection wheels can be used, buttons can cycle through multiple options, analog functions can be used, the PS4 has a whole touchpad available, and buttons can be combined to multiply how many available commands there are and that's not even counting context-sensitive controls.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Tough to get back into The Witcher after a very long break.

Finally bought the DLC but haven't played in a year and a half. Did one mission action and went up 30 levels, but forgot the controls and mechanics, got my rear end handed to me multiple times, reduced difficulty to lowest level and just scraping by in fights now while I remember how to play it.

Geralt still owns though.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

galak-z as a metroidvania or more freeform exploration game would have been incredibly cool. the way they put that game together was pretty lame, which is a shame because the controls were really good and flying the ship was fun

but why make a metroidvania when you can make a crazy roguelike and get that twitch and youtube exposure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

zolthorg posted:

but why make a metroidvania when you can make a halfbaked and unfinished roguelike the most players rejected because the controls are hard at first

• Locked thread