Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I was reading some article about Kenny Thomas' restaurant and came across this

quote:

Thomas is also a partner in INFINITY 02 bottled water, which his website says “is stabilized by super-oxygenated bottled water that is imbued with trillions of stable oxygen molecules.” It was previously being manufactured in Los Angeles, but Thomas says it will be made in Sacramento soon. Thomas has a partnership with the Kings that has made the water available in the arena.

Move over Recovery Water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
So it has well under a gram of oxygen in it? A mole is a much biiger number than a trillion

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Glumslinger posted:

So it has well under a gram of oxygen in it? A mole is a much biiger number than a trillion

Too much oxygen and you'll just complain they are just diluting down the water obviously. It's about balance.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

this kid is unreal

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Isn't all water imbued with oxygen? And, at a ration of 2:1, also hydrogen?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

Isn't all water imbued with oxygen? And, at a ration of 2:1, also hydrogen?

ions man, ions

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
NBA N/V: Come for the hoops, stay for the science

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

The best part is the fans on twitter that blame this season on Cuban spending too much time campaigning with Hillary.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Huh. Apparently the Pels would have gotten Curry and Thompson if CP3 would have opted into the last year of his contract with them. He didn't so they didn't and then we got basketball reasons.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Of course, if this had happened, Curry would have been out of he league years ago with amputated feet and Klay would be undergoing a Beasley-like weed redemption tour.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Kibner posted:

Huh. Apparently the Pels would have gotten Curry and Thompson if CP3 would have opted into the last year of his contract with them. He didn't so they didn't and then we got basketball reasons.

drat, it's crazy how many teams' futures were impacted by CP3's decision to leave New Orleans. The Lakers, the Clippers, the Pelicans themselves, the Rockets, the Raptors, and now apparently the Warriors too. Plus like a dozen other teams, but those are the ones who could be in very different places right now.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

straight up brolic posted:

It literally just depends if GS shoots >40% from three

Don't celebrate the victory too hard.

It's really amazing how much better the Warriors are than anyone else. They should only improve as the season goes on too.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Sheriff posted:

drat, it's crazy how many teams' futures were impacted by CP3's decision to leave New Orleans. The Lakers, the Clippers, the Pelicans themselves, the Rockets, the Raptors, and now apparently the Warriors too. Plus like a dozen other teams, but those are the ones who could be in very different places right now.

Didn't the draft pick involved turn into Marc Gasol, so the Grizzlies as well? Or am I thinking of something else?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Papercut posted:

Didn't the draft pick involved turn into Marc Gasol, so the Grizzlies as well? Or am I thinking of something else?

That was the trade the Lakers used to acquire Pau.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Kibner posted:

That was the trade the Lakers used to acquire Pau.

Which, at the time, looked loving awful. Marc Gasol really blew his expectations out of the water

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Time posted:

Which, at the time, looked loving awful. Marc Gasol really blew his expectations out of the water

In a little fairness the Grizzlies and others were starting to get higher on Marc Gasol despite him being a 2nd round pick who hadn't been in the NBA yet. A lot of teams valued him more than a typical 2nd round pick.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Lockback posted:

In a little fairness the Grizzlies and others were starting to get higher on Marc Gasol despite him being a 2nd round pick who hadn't been in the NBA yet. A lot of teams valued him more than a typical 2nd round pick.

Yeah, he was in the middle of an MVP season in Spain when the trade was made because he took falling to the second round as a wake up call to get serious and he lost 15 pounds of fat in the off-season.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Lockback posted:

Oh, for sure. But even the loftiest interpretation of him at that point didn't make up for making the Lakers title favorites with Pau. I'm really happy it didn't turn out to be the fleecing I thought it would be. The Grizz and Nick deserve better than that

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Zach Lowe's podcast with Boris Diaw is pretty cool. I needed more insight into Bobo's coffee habits.

I mean this without irony.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I remember the Grizz saying they got 2 first rounders from the Lakers, Marc Gasol was basically a 1st rounder, and they would have traded a first rounder for Kwame Brown (lol). 4 First Rounders for Pau doesn't sound too bad, but this isn't the NFL, so bottom 1st rounders like the Lakers were giving were crap and so was Kwame.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Sheriff posted:

Started Lamar Odom on his downward life spiral

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Sheriff posted:

Not to mention all the teams that didn't even attempt to make a trade because they though that David Stern would unilaterally kill it.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

I remember the Grizz saying they got 2 first rounders from the Lakers, Marc Gasol was basically a 1st rounder, and they would have traded a first rounder for Kwame Brown (lol). 4 First Rounders for Pau doesn't sound too bad, but this isn't the NFL, so bottom 1st rounders like the Lakers were giving were crap and so was Kwame.

Oh the days when Javaris Crittenton was a hot prospect

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

WhyteRyce posted:

Oh the days when Javaris Crittenton was a hot prospect

He could always shoot.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Quadrapellegiance posted:

Portland starters are #3, further proving that Evan Turner is loving terrible.

He is such a black hole. Watching him play off the ball is so painful. If you watch home broadcasts on League Pass it's so insane how much announcers talk about him compared to his actual production. I guess he has... The Look.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Redgrendel2001 posted:

He could always shoot.

Hahahahaha

Time posted:

Oh, for sure. But even the loftiest interpretation of him at that point didn't make up for making the Lakers title favorites with Pau. I'm really happy it didn't turn out to be the fleecing I thought it would be. The Grizz and Nick deserve better than that

People literally argued it was collusion or league interference to get a Lakers Celtics finals.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Redgrendel2001 posted:

He could always shoot.

I was surprised to learn that he joined the Crips after signing with the Lakers.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Redgrendel2001 posted:

He could always shoot.

Solid.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Your Buddy Hield shot selection update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GfsEm63ZY0

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

dokmo posted:

Wow, he really is the next Kobe

Unfortunately, its last year's Kobe

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

dokmo posted:

I am legit surprised anytime a jumper of his actually goes through the hoop.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Those were literally his last 17 dribble jumpers, I didn't cherry pick at all.

dokmo fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Dec 8, 2016

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

dokmo posted:

This is just sad, he looks like he completely does not understand basketball on any critical level.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Hahaha check out Buddy when Buddy get up. *laughs* He ain't even get up that far. Look at him. *more laughter*

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
"The Next Steph Curry"

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The ones that don't hit the rim because he's so bothered by a mild mild contest are the saddest

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

leftist heap posted:

Hahaha check out Buddy when Buddy get up. *laughs* He ain't even get up that far. Look at him. *more laughter*

can't quote without postin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKq4Mjf2GUM

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Don't draft upperclassmen

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

MourningView posted:

Don't draft upperclassmen