Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The Browns are Jar Jar Binks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/806961337465274368

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Hurrying to get back for just one game seems to be a bit short sighted.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Thaddius the Large posted:

Hurrying to get back for just one game seems to be a bit short sighted.

who hurt you to make you like this?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

No Butt Stuff posted:

who hurt you to make you like this?

The Vikings. If it weren't for spite, I'd have no feelings at all.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Man Jamaal Charles' career is a particularly sad "what-if? " That dude was insanely talented. He's the only Running Back to ever rush 100+ times and average 6.4 ypc over a season (Barry Sanders' best year was 6.1) and it all came falling apart when he ran into the Detroit Lions mascot

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Thaddius the Large posted:

The Vikings. If it weren't for spite, I'd have no feelings at all.

You should get help for that

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

TheChirurgeon posted:

Man Jamaal Charles' career is a particularly sad "what-if? " That dude was insanely talented. He's the only Running Back to ever rush 100+ times and average 6.4 ypc over a season (Barry Sanders' best year was 6.1) and it all came falling apart when he ran into the Detroit Lions mascot

I have no idea what they do with him next year, either. He's due $7M, none of it guaranteed. Guess it depends on how his leg is. Gonna suck if he's wearing another uniform next year.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

swickles posted:

What Star Wars character would each franchise be? 49ers are totally CP30. Associated with gold, vague homosexuality, and way less popular now than before.

The Vikings are Admiral Ackbar. Cold, purplish, kind of goofy looking, and don't get too invested as a fan, because, you know...

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

goddammit

edit: The Chiefs are Chewbacca. They've been there all along, participated and succeeded, but never get the medal.

When a hairy dude falls from the rafters of Arrowhead or gorges himself on BBQ and then stands shirtless in 10 degree weather newspeople say "I'm terribly sorry about all this. After all, he's only a Chiefiee"

kiimo fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 8, 2016

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At least they're not the Bengals

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Found another little gem:

quote:

I was working at an Enterprise Rent-A-Car (shut up) during the Colts-Bears super bowl when Rex Ryan came in to pick up a rental. Our manager had thought all day that we were loving with him when a reservation came up for R. Ryan under the Jets corporate account and he’s a huge Jets fan...if only we’d thought of actually doing that...but I digress. He was on the phone while he was in line mid-game and the only snippet of his end of the conversation I heard was: “wait, what?....Manning threw another pick?....HA! Sucker.”

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
The Titans are the Star Wars Christmas special; a long forgotten event only rumored to exist.

swickles posted:

What Star Wars character would each franchise be? 49ers are totally CP30. Associated with gold, vague homosexuality, and way less popular now than before.

Friend, I believe you meant the Packers.

TheChirurgeon posted:

The Lions ruined both of their careers. :rip:

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Dec 8, 2016

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The Bucs are a background character in the Mos Eisley Cantina and/or Jabba's Palace.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Russell Wilson is yoda

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

You are the bengals.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
49ers fans still butt mad

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The Browns are Boba Fett. They look like a real bad rear end, have been at it forever, and even did some cool poo poo at one point but at the end of the day he straight-up falls into a giant monster to be painfully digested forever.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

49ers fans still butt mad

I thought the character's name was spelled Bute Mayd

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Wilford Cutlery posted:

I thought Rex didn't go to the Jets until 2009. :confused:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

TheChirurgeon posted:

I believe Jim Brown holds the single season ypc record by a few hundredths of a yard. If anyone remembers the sports reporter/blogger guy who killed himself but claimed that he left a fortune buried in a local arboretum to mess with people, he ran a geeky stats blog back then and was tracking that all season.

Charles still had it in the final game right up to the end but then got stuffed to lose it.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i87t3hioX00

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Patriots signed Griff Whalen

This guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrtzpdH_uPM

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Kalli posted:

This guy:

I'm pretty sure I fought him in Megaman X5.

edit: sorry to add something football related - I can't recall the last time I wanted to watch TNF. Go... Raiders? idk, I'm just gonna watch to see if something dies.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Dec 8, 2016

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Kalli posted:

Every child should be ejected from the house during the daytime so they form a group of misfit friends and explore until they find a dead body.

When the night has come
and the land is dark
and the moon is the only light we'll see

I'm still trying to figure out if this is an elaborate Florence and the Machine Joke.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

whypick1 posted:

Vince Young is about to make you his bitch.

Seahawks are the Call of Duty franchise: some people knew they existed well before they were ever good; now has a bigass bandwagon and is constantly in the media.

Steelers are League of Legends, in that both of their fanbases are basically cancer.

The Steelers are Dark Souls,

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Steelers = League of Legends

Ravens = dota 2

Bengals = heroes of the storm

Browns = aeon of strife

Eh?

I dunno who Heroes of Newerth is.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

LEGO Genetics posted:

Steelers = League of Legends

Ravens = dota 2

Bengals = heroes of the storm

Browns = aeon of strife

Eh?

I dunno who Heroes of Newerth is.

49ers - used to be good back in the day, a laughingstock anymore

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

I have no idea what they do with him next year, either. He's due $7M, none of it guaranteed. Guess it depends on how his leg is. Gonna suck if he's wearing another uniform next year.
He's certainly gone unless he agrees to cut his salary for 2017 to about a third of that amount.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

No Butt Stuff posted:

The Colts are ready to replace one over-30 yr old RB with another.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Kalli posted:

This guy:

Lmao why did they do that?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

49ers - used to be good back in the day, a laughingstock anymore

NBA Jams

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, I didn't watch any of last week's game but I read Derek Carr hasn't taken any snaps under center since he dislocated or broke or whatever his finger, is that correct?

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Kalli posted:

This guy:

My roommate and I used to joke that Griff was secretly the best WR in the nfl because he always made ridiculous plays when we played with the Colts on Madden. I'm talking kick return TDs with 6 broken tackles and catching Hail Marys over Seattle's entire secondary.

But now that the prophecy is coming true it's not very funny to me

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Grittybeard posted:

Huh, I didn't watch any of last week's game but I read Derek Carr hasn't taken any snaps under center since he dislocated or broke or whatever his finger, is that correct?

Dislocated. It was pretty gruesome, and that is also correct (keeping in mind that it was one half). That was also the half that they scored 29 unanswered points, so :v:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Strobe posted:

Dislocated. It was pretty gruesome, and that is also correct (keeping in mind that it was one half). That was also the half that they scored 29 unanswered points, so :v:

Was that just last week? I could have sworn it happened against the Panthers.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Grittybeard posted:

Was that just last week? I could have sworn it happened against the Panthers.

Huh. You're right, it was against the Panthers. I'd have sworn it was against the Bills.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

pubic works project posted:

Lmao why did they do that?

Amendola has a high ankle sprain and they need a mediocre white boy until the playoffs.

Genocide Tendency posted:

I'm still trying to figure out if this is an elaborate Florence and the Machine Joke.

:nyoron:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Uh, that Super Bowl was in 2007 and Rex was still with the Ravens til 2009.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Grittybeard posted:

yeah

he's a pussy

• Locked thread