Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
Compensation:

28 lapis
50 energy
5000 friend points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Now watch the game come back up and nobody's giving bonus gears anymore

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Palleon posted:

Compensation:

28 lapis
50 energy
5000 friend points

Anyone else care to venture a guess?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Hmm, leaving the final ExDeath battle for the final day may end up costing me :v:

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
4 gil snappers
3 esper shards
2 copper ores
and a poorly written apology

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Five VLC Fina's, by "popular demand".

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
all the daily quest rewards

except when you open the envelope all it gives you is the five lapis

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Whatever happened to that Singaporean goon who works for Gumi?

Is the building literally on fire right now?

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I could have had my 2 bracers done by now! This is a bit ridiculous.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
At this point, I'm interested in just how the hell they managed to gently caress up this badly for an update that added a single Trial, preparation for a new banner, and maybe advance Christmas preparation?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I can't wait to log in around 1800 PST and see what the brand new ETA will be!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

My guess:
- 100 energy
- 100 gears
- 3x Metal Snappers, Gigantaurs
- 3x Arena summon tickets

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Shark Tower posted:

Five VLC Bediles, by "popular demand".

Fixed

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
This maintenance started at 8AM locally. By the time it'll finish it'll be 4AM. Wow.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

AegisP posted:

At this point, I'm interested in just how the hell they managed to gently caress up this badly for an update that added a single Trial, preparation for a new banner, and maybe advance Christmas preparation?

that race to rank 15 event ends today, and they got 8.3k comments in thier facebook page for the event where you submit a profile picture. I feel utteraly sorry for the saps working at gumi if it turns out they have to manually check over 8000 accounts and then manually add prizes to all of them.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I am saying right now that if they give us a free Bedile with a road cone for a hat as compensation, I'm sticking all of my TMs on him and making him my permanent friend unit.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

AegisP posted:

I'm guessing that they're working from a hosed up codebase that keeps getting worse every time new stuff gets added out of sequence from when Japan got it.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
Everyone gets a nip slip Shadow.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Someone must have deleted some code or some user accounts or something. Goddamn.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Tagichatn posted:

We'll be lucky if we can ever play again.

They lost their windows 3.11 install disks. Services shutdown indefinitely.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

deathbagel posted:

I am saying right now that if they give us a free Bedile with a road cone for a hat as compensation, I'm sticking all of my TMs on him and making him my permanent friend unit.

With your quote being permanently undergoing maintenance

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Gotta give it to gumi, they have always find a way to defy expectations

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

KataraniSword posted:

Anyone who played Brave Frontier 2 years ago.

It's Black November all over again. :allears: Can't wait for the game to "come back online" into connection error hell for a week.

I managed to keep my login bonus streak going during that entire clusterfuck. :smuggo:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

hey girl you up posted:

I'm guessing that they're working from a hosed up codebase that keeps getting worse every time new stuff gets added out of sequence from when Japan got it.

The ex-employee AMA mentioned that, since turnover rate is so high, at this point no one actually knows how the engine functions and it's basically like someone slapping a bunch of wooden planks over a window.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

HGH posted:

The ex-employee AMA mentioned that, since turnover rate is so high, at this point no one actually knows how the engine functions and it's basically like someone slapping a bunch of wooden planks over a window.

Well, in that case the game is going to putter along for the next few years, slowly falling apart until a kickstarter can be made to remake it from scratch.
Sounds familiar.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
so once the games back up in order to make your orlandu permanent you gotta fuse five bediles into it so start pulling before orlandu poofs after an hour

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
What if the game... never comes back? :ohdear:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!
Then we should all remember the good times. Tell us where you were when you pulled your first Bedile?

I was taking a diarrhea dump.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

dangerous.hotdog posted:

What if the game... never comes back? :ohdear:

Then I am free. It took the bones of a halfway decent game to trap me in this free-to-play shithole, there's nothing else preventing me from playing the games I paid Actual Money for... I'm still early on in Fallout 4, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Earthlock, Dark Souls 3, and ReCore...

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Or that time Fenrir didn't pull a Cecil. Good times.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Cartoon Man posted:

Then we should all remember the good times. Tell us where you were when you pulled your first Bedile?

Funnily enough pulling bedile made me void my orifices too

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Then I am free. It took the bones of a halfway decent game to trap me in this free-to-play shithole, there's nothing else preventing me from playing the games I paid Actual Money for... I'm still early on in Fallout 4, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Earthlock, Dark Souls 3, and ReCore...

We're not letting you go that easy! FFBE really is a big time sink. It's been super difficult for me to split time between BE and XV.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

He was one of my initial pulls. Made my party because I didn't know better and he looked cool...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!
By the way, I'm sure the game will get fixed just in time for Cactaur weekend to be over.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Haha I hope someone deleted everyone's characters so we all have to start over and the only compensation we get is 30 energy. That'll teach you jerks to be luckier than I am!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cartoon Man posted:

By the way, I'm sure the game will get fixed just in time for Cactaur weekend to be over.

cactaur weekend is lined up to perpetually always be against these grinding events, but that wasnt enough punishment for gumi and they had to escalate the situation

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I feel like I've gotten unreasonably lucky for no 5-star bases. I've only spent like maybe $50 on this game and I've gotten pretty much ever good 3 and 4 star base except for Cecil and Chizuru. I've also gotten 4 Zidanes, 11 Arcs, 2 Ludmilles, and a ton of other top-tier trust mastery units.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
On the bright side, I'm seeing something about an overall gear rate boost when this goes back up.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Where?

EDIT: Oh. Reddit. Thank you though!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Dec 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5h9ybc/event_currency_drop_rate_fix/

• Locked thread