Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rhyno posted:

No, lots of people think they sound like a Whedon character but they actually sound like idiots.
Did you realize as you were posting he thinks he's posting as a witty Whedon character?

This made the whole posting string worth it.

Although I didn't think the issue was that great, but maybe it was an IDW vent on how much they didn't enjoy doing Revolutions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TFRazorsaw posted:

Hrm. I'm gonna have to take that with a grain of salt. No offense, it's just a personal policy.

That being said, it doesn't influence my opinion of this issue very much.

You can believe what you like, I often post spoiler/rumors in other BSS threads that end up being 100% true and that forum is my source.

Spiderdrake posted:

Did you realize as you were posting he thinks he's posting as a witty Whedon character?

This made the whole posting string worth it.

I was trying to channel Xander in my post.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Dude, I'm not calling you a liar, I just don't know what to think when it involves sources that are secret and stuff. It's something my mind can't really get a handle on.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
uhhh is that safe Rhyno? I don't want you to like, get blacklisted or something in the industry.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

You can believe what you like, I often post spoiler/rumors in other BSS threads that end up being 100% true and that forum is my source.

I was trying to channel Xander in my post.

I know, buddy. I know. :)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

uhhh is that safe Rhyno? I don't want you to like, get blacklisted or something in the industry.

Nah, it's fine. There's chatter about it in the FB groups as well. Numerous people have commented that they are annoyed that Revolution only existed because Ryall has been trying to get ROM at IDW for 10+ years and this was the only way to make that happen.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Hey, Rainbowbeard, how you feeling the price on the dinoladies?

TFRazorsaw posted:

Dude, I'm not calling you a liar, I just don't know what to think when it involves sources that are secret and stuff. It's something my mind can't really get a handle on.
You can generally trust Rhyno on stuff like that.

You can not trust Rhyno on when to buy a KO. He will always say yes. Even when the KO is on fire. Even when it's an OSKOF.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
KO on fire?

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I wouldn't trust burning chinesium fumes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

I wouldn't trust burning chinesium fumes.

Look, I've been suckingon these things for years now, what could possibly go wrong?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Sins of the Wreckers didn't really make any sense to me, and the fact they killed off one of my favourite TFs, Roadbuster, made it even worse in my eyes.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
God are whedon fans still a thing? Save yourselves, next generation, kill gen x and start again.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Spiderdrake posted:

Hey, Rainbowbeard, how you feeling the price on the dinoladies?
You can generally trust Rhyno on stuff like that.

From what I saw at TFCon, they might be around 10 too much for the plastic involved, even factoring in BBTS' markup, but I like the looks of them.

Kind of like Masterpiece Bumblebee, there's a mass question there.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

God are whedon fans still a thing? Save yourselves, next generation, kill gen x and start again.

You can't kill everyone in theater, man. It's a bad look.

Leaves on the wind, watch them soar, aim to misbehave, big drat heros, etc. :v:

You can't stop the signal, is what I'm saying.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

If you accumulate urine, it means you're being funny? You... store it in jars, until you have all the pee? I'm not sure how this works.

So, just to be clear, you actually want the piss? And that's how people know you're... joking? I can think of better ways that don't involve tinkle-water.

Is it so the birds don't don't get the pee? Larks and starlings... like golden showers. Okay. I think this all makes sense.

(Did I do it? Did I get all the peepee?)

Someone hoarding all of his pee was how Phosphorus and matches were made.

Fun fact, yo.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Anora posted:

Someone hoarding all of his pee was how Phosphorus and matches were made.

Fun fact, yo.

:aaaaa:

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I took Twinferno (Doubledealer) out. He is.. Eh. Robot mode would be great outside of no wrist swivels and is thus palm up fist forever. And the guns don't much want to peg in so they are either a backpack or shoulder cannons. Which is ok since otherwise he would be holding his guns on the dragon back chin in the doofiest gangsta style ever. Beast mode is kinda lovely. Furry limbs. Long upper body. Tail does not want to peg the gently caress in at all. Pelvic skirt looks bad in either position.

It needed a second design pass honestly. The potential is there but the execution is flawed, especially given the scary rear end snapping into place everything but the effing tail section does. Nice colors and a groovy Titan Master head.

Right now I am afraid he is the worst Titan Master Deluxe. :smith:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

From what I saw at TFCon, they might be around 10 too much for the plastic involved, even factoring in BBTS' markup, but I like the looks of them.

Kind of like Masterpiece Bumblebee, there's a mass question there.
I know the guy who was working the FP booth, he's the local dealer for Toronto, and he didn't mind me picking them up. I think anyone could, mind, but I was saying hello anyway. I didn't study them in detail but they have to be no more than 75%, maybe 60% the mass of Striker Manus. Who is the same price, and pretty clearly better engineered. Rumor has it the reps thought it should be $60.

And yeah I like how they look. The accessories look great, too. Talking about this for those who care.

I guess I'll have to comfort myself while I wait for them to go on sale with Rioter Despotron and the nice IF offerings coming out. Oh noooo.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I had fun with the Revolutions issue. I don't really care about all the things they want to jam into Transformers so I was like yea, allright. Now I can just kind of ignore them again. Also I hope Grimlock gets his brains back. Or at least to the brains of G1 cartoon Grimlock :(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

TRU currently has 'Buy One, get 40% off Another' on TFs right now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

TRU currently has 'Buy One, get 40% off Another' on TFs right now.

I wonder if they'll do a price adjustment on the guys I bought last Saturday.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I got fort max from entertainment earth.

He is quite big.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I can't figure out how to get Bisks car mode to tab correctly. His left front wheel part just won't tab in in car mode and I can't figure out how to get it to stay. Something keeps popping it back out and I don't know what.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Captain Invictus posted:

I got fort max from entertainment earth.

He is quite big.

He's great too. Mine is littered with titan masters now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SpazmasterX posted:

He's great too. Mine is littered with titan masters now.

Until I sort out a display I have all the Titan Master singles stored in his legs.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Aww yiss

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Someone got Leader Class Sky Shadow in hand (box and all) and shared some pictures. Looks pretty good! Bonus Topspin tease in the back of the packaging.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm most excited about Shuffler to be honest.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Topspin? TOPSPIN?

Goddamn, the deep cuts in this line.

E: My Generations Sky Shadow where the head always popped off was eerily prophetic in retrospect.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That Black Shadow is killer, I can't wait for that.

I got my KO MP Ironhide and it's incredible. The plastic quality, the tolerances, nice joints, no crap paint. This thing is incredible. Four stars.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

My god I can not wait for that Sixshot with his new and improved "sub mode". Going to be neat to compare the G1 version to the newest update.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rhyno posted:

That Black Shadow is killer, I can't wait for that.

I got my KO MP Ironhide and it's incredible. The plastic quality, the tolerances, nice joints, no crap paint. This thing is incredible. Four stars.
Let me know when they do a Ratchet

And that Black Shadow looks even better than it did at the show. Especially for a pretool.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I love Sky Shadow's MP-10 hips, but does he have ankle tilts?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

He totally does.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Nice.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Black Shadow looks so good, like way better than I expected it to. Which means Overlord will probably look every bit as good. Makes me feel a whole lot better for not having bought Carnifex.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Huge score at TRU today, shockingly. Found all of the wave 3 deluxes, and they were doing the BOGO 40% deal in the store. So I took home Triggerhappy, Hot Rod, Twinferno, and ignored Breakaway. :v:

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Got my secret Santa toys today and I love them! They will probably all end up on my desk at work.

Before:

After:

The Nemesis Q is perfect and I love the big vinyl one too. Thanks mystery goon!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

Black Shadow looks so good, like way better than I expected it to. Which means Overlord will probably look every bit as good. Makes me feel a whole lot better for not having bought Carnifex.

Having bought Carnifex, I can see a decent reason to get Black Shadow, who I otherwise don't really care about.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Having bought Carnifex, I can see a decent reason to get Black Shadow, who I otherwise don't really care about.

Carnifex is ucking awesome but I just couldn't justify the price point. I'll be able to get Hasbro Overlord for like $38.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Carnifex is ucking awesome but I just couldn't justify the price point. I'll be able to get Hasbro Overlord for like $38.
Speaking of which, how's your TransForEmissions combiner going? How many robots are they up to yet?