Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

anthonypants posted:

apparently office 365 thinks an email from noreply@email.teams.microsoft.com with the subject line "You have been added to a team in Microsoft Teams" is spam. thanks for looking out, microsoft.

ever since we moved to office365, mail from important contacts in my contact list goes straight to spam lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
it is really loving annoying that they taunt you with those azure ad premium features instead of just adding it to a 365 license.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Shaggar posted:

it is really loving annoying that they taunt you with those azure ad premium features instead of just adding it to a 365 license.
:agreed:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Last Chance posted:

ever since we moved to office365, mail from important contacts in my contact list goes straight to spam lol

feature. The 365 tenant I inherited was blocking HR emails from hubspot which was cool until they made me fix it.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
email janitor lol

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Try Office 365 for one month!

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
My favorite thing about Office 365 is that there is no path to move Office 2013 to the 365 compatible version, all you can do is a uninstall/install.

And the Office 365 offline install is janky as gently caress.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

atomicthumbs posted:

Try Office 365 for one month!

pull a 365 and walk away in a slightly different direction

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

pram posted:

email janitor lol

it's the worst. I used to be one with an Exchange Server and later on some Linux mail server (can't remember what it was). so bad

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
by far the worst part of being an email janitor is getting people to use a secure mail portal. someone gets an email with a username and a password in it, and a second email with the link to the secure portal, and they lose their loving minds. we're on mimecast now but office 365's was worse because 1) it makes you sign up for a microsoft account at that email address, which, lol 2) the link to their secure portal was inside an html attachment instead of the body of the email for some goddamn reason

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
i need to do some integration tests with exchange web services
can i put exchange in a container yet or is there some sort of ad-hoc cloud office instance i can set up

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

put it in a trash container

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

anthonypants posted:

by far the worst part of being an email janitor is getting people to use a secure mail portal. someone gets an email with a username and a password in it, and a second email with the link to the secure portal, and they lose their loving minds. we're on mimecast now but office 365's was worse because 1) it makes you sign up for a microsoft account at that email address, which, lol 2) the link to their secure portal was inside an html attachment instead of the body of the email for some goddamn reason

work, school, or personal account?

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

don't put exchange in a corner

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Dolomite posted:

don't put exchange in a corner

put it in the trash can

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

chestnut santabag posted:

put it in the trash can

i don't think exchange runs on macs

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

AAB posted:

work, school, or personal account?

bonus: you can register the same account as both and break loving everything

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
crate a microsoft account using an address on a domain that's later migrated to office 365?

hahahahaha go gently caress yourself.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

infernal machines posted:

bonus: you can register the same account as both and break loving everything

this is fun with azure

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

crate a microsoft account using an address on a domain that's later migrated to office 365?

hahahahaha go gently caress yourself.
what

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

if you register an email address with microsoft as a "microsoft account", it's considered a "personal account", but can be used for things like xbox live, VLSC, personal office 365 suite subscriptions, etc.

normally, if an address is part of an office 365 hosted domain, it won't allow you to do this, as the address is considered a "work or school" account, and is used to sign into whatever office 365 plan you have.

if you had an address on a privately hosted domain that you registered as a microsoft account and used for services, then migrated that domain to office 365, you're hosed. they are two completely separate systems that cannot be combined and any service that can accept credentials from both personal and work accounts (onedrive, office, etc.) will poo poo itself inside out in random ways

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

because microsoft has been pushing the microsoft account as a single auth credential for all their services for over a decade, this happens a lot

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

.if you register an email address with microsoft as a "microsoft account", it's considered a "personal account", but can be used for things like xbox live, VLSC, personal office 365 suite subscriptions, etc.

normally, if an address is part of an office 365 hosted domain, it won't allow you to do this, as the address is considered a "work or school" account, and is used to sign into whatever office 365 plan you have.

if you had an address on a privately hosted domain that you registered as a microsoft account and used for services, then migrated that domain to office 365, you're hosed. they are two completely separate systems that cannot be combined and any service that can accept credentials from both personal and work accounts (onedrive, office, etc.) will poo poo itself inside out in random ways
onedrive or office prompts you whether you are entering in a work/school or a microsoft account, so, no. you can totally have a microsoft account and a work/school account with the same email address.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

if you register an email address with microsoft as a "microsoft account", it's considered a "personal account", but can be used for things like xbox live, VLSC, personal office 365 suite subscriptions, etc.

thats cool

my ms account is still my hotmail acct made in 1999 and has the word "dude" in it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

anthonypants posted:

onedrive or office prompts you whether you are entering in a work/school or a microsoft account, so, no. you can totally have a microsoft account and a work/school account with the same email address.

and no, it will still totally poo poo itself if you have relevant service for both, including putting the app or browser into a redirect loop that repeatedly loads the authentication page

or if you have a personal office 365 suit sub tied to an account on a business office 365 plan that doesn't include office software, you can never again activate office

i have seen this poo poo break in every way imaginable, and some which appear to be impossible. that prompt that asks you work or personal account was introduced to try and address how hosed up the system is and a significant amount of the time, it fails

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

bonus: sign into a device with a microsoft account, then use that same account from an azure ad domain to sign in

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

bonus: sign into a device with a microsoft account, then use that same account from an azure ad domain to sign in
ideally those would be two separate, distinct accounts but it sounds like you're trying to consolidate them

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i'm not trying to do anything, these are just scenarios i've seen due to people creating a microsoft account with their work email address at any time in the past decade, then moving the work domain to office 365 infrastructure

it fucks poo poo up bad. and it's hilarious.

keep in mind for a year or two after office 365 launched, there wasn't a work/school or personal account choice, poo poo just broke. now it just mostly breaks. they didn't plan for this at all

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

i used to be able to log in to outlook.com using my work account address and my previous password

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

josh04 posted:

i used to be able to log in to outlook.com using my work account address and my previous password

that happened to me for a while on the company owa portal. after a mandated password change owa took the previous password, but everything else (outlook proper, the network, lob apps) took the current password. it made me really nervous so i changed my password which put everything in sync again.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i had a place where we had to discontinue "user must change password on first login" because anyone logging in for the first time via owa would totally bugger their account.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
owa is really good now though

credit where credit is due

owa kicks the poo poo out of gmail

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

:agreed:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i use office 365 and it is extremely cool and good

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

most of our mac users use owa instead of mac outlook 2016 (because mac office is just that bad)

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

i closed my microsoft account that i had from msn messenger back in the 90s around 2011. i say around b/c at the time you had to find some secret link to delete a microsoft account and wait 500 days before it actually closed the account but it felt so good once it was done

the best part is now if anyone asks me to use something needing a microsoft account i think back about how awful it felt to have one and how much trouble it was to shed that theres no way id ever create one

having a ms account is a sign youve made terrible life decisions

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
I use my free OneDrive cloud storage to store pictures of dogs.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

LastInLine posted:

this but a something awful forums account

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

LastInLine posted:

i closed my microsoft account that i had from msn messenger back in the 90s around 2011. i say around b/c at the time you had to find some secret link to delete a microsoft account and wait 500 days before it actually closed the account but it felt so good once it was done

the best part is now if anyone asks me to use something needing a microsoft account i think back about how awful it felt to have one and how much trouble it was to shed that theres no way id ever create one

im no fan of ms or their online services, but at the same time i've never "felt awful" about having an account there.

now that i think about it, i don't know if i've ever "felt" any emotion tied to essentially a loyalty card account for a company. that seems like a red flag. you may need help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

LastInLine posted:

what if i dont know if i have an ms account

• Locked thread