Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

boho posted:

Ok, followup, does +Area influence the passive size?

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Nice, thanks.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

So I went back to see how much hoarding I actually did that league and yeah I guess I'm a compulsive saver...

Is there a way at a glance to see how much that would all add up to?

Pretty sure I already have more assorted currency than that this league already. Except I have 0 silver coins. Spend that poo poo, it's easy money.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

theshim posted:

Proliferated effects don't proliferate.

something something contagion engine

Thank you for reminding me my bullshit infect contagion engine master artificer deck exists and brings misery to all who play against it.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Also my go-to method of fast currency generation is to chance a Shavs on day 2. Get good scrubs.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Good Tso videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyKYcpmXSv4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vuy3DXzC78w

Keep your both your stash and bedroom clean, goons.

boho fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Dec 8, 2016

psy.Che
Feb 23, 2011
Did they change something so CwdT doesnt work with Vaal Discipline anymore? I checked for the level requirement and it should be fine - still doesn*t work.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

psy.Che posted:

Did they change something so CwdT doesnt work with Vaal Discipline anymore? I checked for the level requirement and it should be fine - still doesn*t work.

It never worked. You cant trigger vaal skills.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I am very sad that Reckoning and Vengeance can't be supported by Fortify.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

AegisP posted:

I am very sad that Reckoning and Vengeance can't be supported by Fortify.

It would be sweet, but also rather broken. As it is you have to sacrifice a gemslot to have guaranteed fortify, or actively get it by leapslam/shield charge/whirling.

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror

..btt posted:

Pretty sure I already have more assorted currency than that this league already. Except I have 0 silver coins. Spend that poo poo, it's easy money.

I play enough to accumulate a few exalts over the course of a league, but I have no idea how prophecies are supposed to make money. Is it a matter of hitting the rare, expensive ones and selling them? All I ever get is garbage like "kill some frogs" or "turn a cheap lovely unique into another cheap lovely unique" or "your next transmute is an alch".

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
You keep spamming and completing them until you get something like the 5-link in one fusing, or 6link, or monstrous treasure, or some others. They can be worth more than the cost of the coins to seal them easily.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Jeweller's Touch pays for 120 silver coins when you get it and appears for me once every 4-5 full sets of prophecies. Same for stuff like the unique item upgrade prophecies that will actually sell and Monstrous Treasure.

Also it takes enough time to actually finish a prophecy that you'll probably get more than 1/3 of a chaos in currency drops per prophecy you actually finish, so it's not like you're gonna run out of currency buying coins.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Plus even some of the mediocre ones aren't bad, like the frogs and poo poo have pretty decent XP

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

StashAugustine posted:

Plus even some of the mediocre ones aren't bad, like the frogs and poo poo have pretty decent XP

I think they also have massively improved quantity.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Rats seem to always result in a ton of (lovely) currency drops, provided I can see the drat rats.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Made a really good Xoph's Nurture for 7c and bought a 32% The Signal Fire for 8c, so build is functional now. Currently using Split Arrow in a 5L and Blast Rain in a 4L until I get real gear. I need Voidwalkers for the free pierce and the dex, Xoph's Blood for a shitload of health + fire pen, Devoto's for the dex and attack speed, and Kaom's for health. Gloves and rings are going to be rares. Don't know about my belt yet, depends on what my resistances end up being.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Just lost my first character of the league to a pretty hilarious death.

I was chasing a tormented spirit and all of a sudden I hear Vol at the bottom of my screen. The spirit posesses him mid charge and it hits me and I die from full (3700 HP 460 shield). RIP.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I'll just throw my remaining 10 fusings at my chest to see if I can't get a 5-link...oh, it worked. :unsmith:

...gently caress, now I have to chrome 4 off colours onto it :smith:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

TheRat posted:

I want to like him but he's way too positive and I just can't handle it lmao

Dude's the reason I am playing PoE right now. I wondered how PoE was these last 2 years, pulled up twitch, clicked on his stream and here I am waiting on 11 mb to install over 20 minutes :allears:

"Did you show her your brightbeak" goddamnit.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Dec 9, 2016

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Can a max block life character (Blade Flurry) make much use out of Melee Damage on Full Life?

I'd have to drop Blood Rage, obviously, but I really don't want to rechrome this 5-link that hit 4 of 5 colours. Alternatively, I could just stick Fortify in there and have it permanently up which would also be nice.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I have a max block BF dude and don't use that gem because Blood Rage. I have Fatter Attacks, Culling Strike and Increased/Concentrated Effect in a Bringer of Rain. Blood Rage and Poacher's keep me well stocked on Frenzy charges.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

whypick1 posted:

I have a max block BF dude and don't use that gem because Blood Rage. I have Fatter Attacks, Culling Strike and Increased/Concentrated Effect in a Bringer of Rain. Blood Rage and Poacher's keep me well stocked on Frenzy charges.

This is what I'm calling Increased Area of Effect Support from now on.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

boho posted:

Good Tso videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyKYcpmXSv4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vuy3DXzC78w

Keep your both your stash and bedroom clean, goons.

lmao dude is so goony

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

So after getting uniques worth nothing over an alch up to this point in the league I just had a Soul Taker drop that is perfect attack speed and 1% off perfect phys damage.

Should I sell this fucker now? Or wait until currency proliferates a little bit more and hope the price goes up?

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
That depends, what can you do with currency now that will help you do higher maps / faster clears, and is it worth it?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

fennesz posted:

So after getting uniques worth nothing over an alch up to this point in the league I just had a Soul Taker drop that is perfect attack speed and 1% off perfect phys damage.

Should I sell this fucker now? Or wait until currency proliferates a little bit more and hope the price goes up?

prices of uniques that aren't top of the line usually go down not up

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost

fennesz posted:

Dont forget that if you get rich now you csn buy better stuff that allows you to clear faster. The return from that might be higher than a 30% price increase in a few weeks.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
The breachlord maps are really cool. At least in hardcore, trying to push the breach along far enough to get to Esh's portal at the end was really intense. Spent the entire time furiously chugging potions and jumping through leftovers to the next big pack. The Esh fight is cool too. Not quite Atziri level scary, but still fun.

That said, now that I finally got this choir of the storm amulet I'm sort of disappointed/confused with the lightning strike on crit effect. Seems like it has a major cooldown (maybe based on cast speed?) that makes it basically useless for packs and maybe slightly useful at best for single targets. The lightning resistance->crit effect is nice enough for an inquisitor I guess, but I don't know if it's worth an amulet slot.

edit: now that I feel mostly like I'm not going to die at any second I've been buying and running Esh breachstones. They're going for 3c and I swear at least 3-5 actual chaos orbs drop each run on top of everything else. Anyone else noticed that the currency drops seem really high in these?

YoungSexualNorton fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Dec 9, 2016

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
they go for 6c in standard, and no I haven't

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Breachmobs almost definitely have a increased quantity modifier.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Would nodes like Lust for Carnage (20% increased life leeched) boost the life i gain from my totems via Hinekora?

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

YoungSexualNorton posted:

The breachlord maps are really cool. At least in hardcore, trying to push the breach along far enough to get to Esh's portal at the end was really intense. Spent the entire time furiously chugging potions and jumping through leftovers to the next big pack. The Esh fight is cool too. Not quite Atziri level scary, but still fun.

That said, now that I finally got this choir of the storm amulet I'm sort of disappointed/confused with the lightning strike on crit effect. Seems like it has a major cooldown (maybe based on cast speed?) that makes it basically useless for packs and maybe slightly useful at best for single targets. The lightning resistance->crit effect is nice enough for an inquisitor I guess, but I don't know if it's worth an amulet slot.

edit: now that I feel mostly like I'm not going to die at any second I've been buying and running Esh breachstones. They're going for 3c and I swear at least 3-5 actual chaos orbs drop each run on top of everything else. Anyone else noticed that the currency drops seem really high in these?

IIRC the lightning bolt's cooldown is tied to it's cast speed. Choir is the sort of item that demands you run 40+ lit res on every piece of gear that can have it - I have 408% total lightning resist, it gives me more crit than 8 power charges.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Oh, it's not that good? Are you crit capped? I was originally thinking Inquisitor, then I've been tossing around the idea of building an assassin in my head. If it's not reliably spamming out a billion lightning strikes, then that's a shame, I might skip building one.

Or maybe I'll build a wither-firestormer instead.

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost

Not quite Atziri level scary, but still fun.

Regular or uber?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

P good I guess

peak debt posted:

Regular or uber?

Esh and xuph are the easiest and easier than regular atziri

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Trying to get the two spirits from the shore boss to enter him is the worst. Multiple times they just spawn out of him and die immediately. Guess I need a more reliable way to damage him just a bit each time

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Hamburger Test posted:

That depends, what can you do with currency now that will help you do higher maps / faster clears, and is it worth it?

Yeah. My gems suck. My gloves suck. I could probably just plunk the currency into a decent 6L too. I'll try to offload it when it get done with work this afternoon.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

prices of uniques that aren't top of the line usually go down not up

This was my initial thought as well. It is such a different unique because of it's properties though. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few people rolling some weird, slightly more expensive builds later in the league as a second character. I wasn't really asking because I thought the unique was tantamount to a Shav's +1 but because I've never played a league at league start before. Not sure how prices fluctuate over time.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

So I went back to see how much hoarding I actually did that league and yeah I guess I'm a compulsive saver...

Is there a way at a glance to see how much that would all add up to?

About an exalt and a half to two exalts, softcore conversion at 60c :1 exalt. Assuming you count your chaos. This would be selling your jewelers 11:1, fusings 2.5-3:1, chromes 11.5:1, vaal orbs 1:1, regrets 1.2:1 into chaos. Along with your silver coins 2.8:1. But if you used 53 coins I am sure you'd get at least one good prophecy worth something.

Another tip I can give is if you get an exalt before the first week is out DO NOT SELL IT. Hold onto it until exalts are around 70-80c per. Also if you have the chaos and don't need to spend it right away try to buy a few exalt when they are 60 or under. It's a guaranteed profit when they get to their normal level of 70-80 per. This is all softcore btw. And something I might do next league is look at chromes, jewelers and fusings super early in the league. Chromes day 3 were going for 23 for 1 chaos. They stabilize around 11-12:1 after a week and then sit there for most of the game. Good money maker there. Also divines are good buys early on as well.

Ultima66 posted:

Jeweller's Touch pays for 120 silver coins when you get it and appears for me once every 4-5 full sets of prophecies. Same for stuff like the unique item upgrade prophecies that will actually sell and Monstrous Treasure.

Also it takes enough time to actually finish a prophecy that you'll probably get more than 1/3 of a chaos in currency drops per prophecy you actually finish, so it's not like you're gonna run out of currency buying coins.

IS there a certain price point where you won't buy coins at? I think I might start buying coins to make sure I got a full set of prophecies going most times because what you're saying definitely makes sense.

Looks like a good CI BF crit item?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

fennesz posted:

here I am waiting on 11 mb to install over 20 minutes :allears:

Lol same. Anyone know if the official stance on this is still: "use the stand alone client"?

MMF Freeway fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Dec 9, 2016

• Locked thread