Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

This is starting to remind me of Gazillion. Maintencene switch flipper must be on vacation. :gaz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Facebook says they're extending everything a day, Big Bridge, hanging bridge, FFV summon, and FFXIII summon. It specifically says the Lightning XIII summon and doesn't mention the current XIII summon.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
More Free Tickets!

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
ETA is still 1800 PST so far

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Five free tickets. Yay. The good ones. No free energy though. And 500 lapis

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
500 lapis and 5 summon tickets (and endless connection errors)!

Edit: spent it all on my last try for Greg... Fran, Xiao, Bedile, Anzelm, Butz #2, Vivi.

jaclynhyde fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Dec 9, 2016

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Connection is shaky but I got my lapis and tickets. I did sneak in three pulls.

Daily pull - blue crystal, turned gold, 4* Sazh
Used Ticket on FFXIII banner and got 3* Leo
Ticket on FFV banner got a third Exdeath :aaa:

Are three Exdeaths overkill? I may not have the equipment for them yet but they are awesome units.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Armitage posted:

Connection is shaky but I got my lapis and tickets. I did sneak in three pulls.

Daily pull - blue crystal, turned gold, 4* Sazh
Used Ticket on FFXIII banner and got 3* Leo
Ticket on FFV banner got a third Exdeath :aaa:

Are three Exdeaths overkill? I may not have the equipment for them yet but they are awesome units.

Never not overkill

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Just ran ELT, got over 200 gears before bonuses, so it's giving around twice what it did before. I like this change.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
Still REALLY REALLY REALLY loving need a Sazh, so once I got in it was time to burn these shiny new compensation tickets
Daily: Xiao
Ticket 1: Kuja
Ticket 2: Galuf
Ticket 3: Galuf
Ticket 4: Terra
Ticket 5: Faris

UGHHHHH this is ludicrous but I'm forced to keep going

Ticket 6: Rydia
Ticket 7: Sazh FINALLY THANK GOD

gently caress this lovely event so so so much.
18 summons and a giant pile of garbage dupes to get this POS just for the event.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Shingouryu posted:

Just ran ELT, got over 200 gears before bonuses, so it's giving around twice what it did before. I like this change.

drat you for your swift and timely posts, I came here to post this.

Got a Galuf on my half-price.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Trilin posted:

Still REALLY REALLY REALLY loving need a Sazh, so once I got in it was time to burn these shiny new compensation tickets
Daily: Xiao
Ticket 1: Kuja
Ticket 2: Galuf
Ticket 3: Galuf
Ticket 4: Terra
Ticket 5: Faris

UGHHHHH this is ludicrous but I'm forced to keep going

Ticket 6: Rydia
Ticket 7: Sazh FINALLY THANK GOD

gently caress this lovely event so so so much.
18 summons and a giant pile of garbage dupes to get this POS just for the event.

I've drawn four of Sazh already!

C'mon new banner get here asap so I can draw someone else, like Lightning ha ha yeah right

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
I finally pulled a Zidane, lets do another 22 hour maintenance tomorrow!

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

daily: my 2nd chiz in a week or so? perfect.

burned 8 tickets: my 2nd gaffgarion, and the snow i was looking for.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I like the Winter Theme they've got going. Also 500 lapis and 5 summon tickets is much better than I had been expecting.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

1st of the 5 tickets:

2nd EXDEATH! FINALLY!

Only took 37 pulls *on the FF5 banner* to get 2 of him.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

On the question of "How many is too many"
How about 4 exdeaths?
Or should I just run 3, Cecil, and a healer?

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Daily pull is a rainbow!

Xiao!

gently caress you too game!

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Yeah they doubled the payout in the event. Looks like it averages around 200 gears a shot now

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my daily was bedile

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Also, I'm coming back after a ~5 month hiatus- who should I prioritize getting to 6* first- Exdeath(s), Bartz, or Cecil?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Also, I'm coming back after a ~5 month hiatus- who should I prioritize getting to 6* first- Exdeath(s), Bartz, or Cecil?

Yes.

Though seriously: Exdeath first probably, although Cecil first isn't bad since he's a great tank and has Curaja if you're lacking that on your healer. Bartz last. He's a good physical attacker with amusing synergy with Refia, but Exdeath might just do more for you.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

AegisP posted:

Yes.

Though seriously: Exdeath first probably, although Cecil first isn't bad since he's a great tank and has Curaja if you're lacking that on your healer. Bartz last. He's a good physical attacker with amusing synergy with Refia, but Exdeath might just do more for you.
Yea, I'm seriously considering just cutting Bartz and going full exdeath after I pulled #3 and #4 today. Cecil learns the magic buff at 6*, right?
I just pulled Sazh and WoL too, and they would bring Full Break to the table. Would Cecil+WoL just be overkill, or is that actually a good combination?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Yea, I'm seriously considering just cutting Bartz and going full exdeath after I pulled #3 and #4 today. Cecil learns the magic buff at 6*, right?
I just pulled Sazh and WoL too, and they would bring Full Break to the table. Would Cecil+WoL just be overkill, or is that actually a good combination?

It's generally recommended to have at least 1 source of Full Break. People tend to go with Agrias, since she supports and attacks better, but failing that, WoL's the next best choice. So WoL + Cecil is perfectly fine (and was a strategy for Maxwell for other reasons).

Cecil learns Focus at level 82, yes.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Uh, so I have hoarded 11 tickets, and while I am not planning on spending them on this poo poo banner I clicked the multi pull just to check it out....can you not use tickets for an 11 pull? If so what a loving crock of poo poo.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
My attempt to say "gently caress Dragon's Voice" and just still use attack abilities...is going not as hilariously terrible as I thought.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Gears per run with Sazh went from 150 to 300, so that's great. Will be even better once (friend) Lightning gets her bonus.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
And the Dragon's dead! 4 Elixirs, 1 X-Potion, 1 Phoenix Down, & 1 Mega-Ether used after it hit 50% hp and it looked like there was actually a fight there. Phoenix Down was only used when Refia (and Agrias, Bartz, & Cecil) died, since that's typically a lose condition.

Elza's Auto-Revive turned out to be super useful. Had her use it 2-3 times when the Dragon had Boosted so she'd die and then Auto-Revive one it ended, thereby keeping her alive and clearing Dragon's Voice off her. Refia was on Embolden duty (so people could do damage) and on 2x Full-Life duty (since a lot of people were dying). Occasionally she could actually heal, along with Cecil when he wasn't Silenced (he was silenced often). 3 Deaths were cast over the course of the fight, and they all hit Cecil because when he was silenced all he could do was refresh Provoke or Guard.

This was almost certainly not the way to do this fight. But man if it didn't feel good.

Edit: Hot drat, Grand Helm brought Cecil from 436 to 483 DEF.

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
Daily was a 3* Cecil! I already had two of him, but I pulled them both at 4*, so this one is next in line for burst pots once I'm done with the Exdeath I'm working on (level 14 LB so far).

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Back from my two or three week burnout break. The free tickets were very welcome. I finally drew an Exdeath, giving me one last member for a balanced all 6 star team. I just need to level up all of these people and get the mats for them.

Are there any good things for Lightning from this event I should get as soon as I can?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Daily Pull: Vanille! Huzzah, I was trying for her.

Dragon Trip report: Guys, I seriously encourage you take take my Lightning. I four-rounded the bastard, he got one attack off.

Party - Lightning, CoD, Refia, Cecil, Fenrir's Lightning
Round 1: Failed to Aura Ball (I guess he's immune), Embolden, Cheer, autoattacks of doom. Did enough damage to cause him to trigger Boost.
Round 2: Tried Deprotect (also failed), autoattacks. Tanked through Release (did about 3000 damage to everyone)
Round 3: Comeback, Dualcast Curajas, Sacred Guard, Autoattacks. Triggered his Boost again.
Round 4. Autoattacks, he dead yo, Grand Helm get.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
Didn't kill him nearly as quickly, grabbed some Luneth who had all his attacks resisted. Bartz KO'd himself once to refill a dual casting Regis, otherwise not too hard of a trial.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The metal Gigantaurs don't seem to give any more gears

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Used a compensation ticket on the FF5 banner: Got my first Exdeath! :toot: Got somebody to feed a million cactuars too now.

E: felt lucky and got a Bartz too! That's the whole FF5 crew besides Greg :toot:

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Dec 9, 2016

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Dana Crysalis posted:

Daily Pull: Vanille! Huzzah, I was trying for her.

Dragon Trip report: Guys, I seriously encourage you take take my Lightning. I four-rounded the bastard, he got one attack off.

Party - Lightning, CoD, Refia, Cecil, Fenrir's Lightning
Round 1: Failed to Aura Ball (I guess he's immune), Embolden, Cheer, autoattacks of doom. Did enough damage to cause him to trigger Boost.
Round 2: Tried Deprotect (also failed), autoattacks. Tanked through Release (did about 3000 damage to everyone)
Round 3: Comeback, Dualcast Curajas, Sacred Guard, Autoattacks. Triggered his Boost again.
Round 4. Autoattacks, he dead yo, Grand Helm get.

I used your Light and had the exact same fight.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I got the daily Lapis from missions after doing 5 missions. There are 6 available, not counting the one that normally unlocks after doing the other 5.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

KataraniSword posted:

I missed this before but isn't that technically what Trust Mastery was intended as? They only added the "10% chance of .1%" and trust moogles later, as some sort of bullied concession.

Pretty much, except TMs are generally optional. Most games I'm talking about make the duplicate fusion necessary for that game's equivalent of awakening. Otherwise you're stuck trying to beat the story with a bunch of friend-point pull tier units and usually those same games have even more ridiculous power creep than exvius ever will because they really, really try to force you to pay money. I played at least one where you couldn't access event dungeons without 5* or 6* characters awoken and in your party.

KDdidit posted:

The metal Gigantaurs don't seem to give any more gears

I still haven't actually seen any gigantaurs in this dungeon. I did get 200+200 gears just by beating it with my two sazh this time around though. So the buff was nice.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Considering who's on the banner tomorrow, why the hell is everyone wasting their tickets right now?:crossarms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

The man called M posted:

Considering who's on the banner tomorrow, why the hell is everyone wasting their tickets right now?:crossarms:

Gilgamesh.

• Locked thread