Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

Can we upgrade this lovely hardware? I mean SSDs are getting really cheap. These hosts were created 30 years ago when 5k was a lot of storage. If I get 'out of inodes' one more loving time while trying to access the bartender's logs I'll scream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

why are the repair guys so blase about their co-worker jacking off like 10 feet away

"jacking off" lol yeah I guess if you think of the host as an absurdly expensive fleshlight sure

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Holy poo poo could you idiots in Behavioural test your loving pathfinding algorithms before you upload them? i just watched the 'hooker with a heart of gold' host or whatever her name is on surveilance get stuck on a doorframe on the way to give some drunk gently caress guest a bj. she was bumping into the wall for five loving minutes before we sshed into the nearest idle host and pushed her into the room. luckily the guest was passed out but this is a major gently caress-up, we need to rollback the latest update immediately until you guys can straighten your poo poo out

Fallen Hamprince fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Dec 7, 2016

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
for a park with over a thousand hosts, you guys spend a lot of time checking status on the hookers.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
a stickied yospos thread about sucking off computers

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

The Management posted:

for a park with over a thousand hosts, you guys spend a lot of time checking status on the hookers.

we pay the most attention to the places where host-guest contact happens most frequently and the brothel is the single highest-traffic venue in the entire park. plus its one of the most frequent sites for medical emergencies, we need to react immediately when one of the older or fatter guests needs to be disentangled from a host and defibrillated. do you want to be the one who has to personally apologize to some ceo's family for not being able to save their loving father from the heart attack he got while loving the worlds most expensive sex toy?

also on that note could behaviour please tighten up the restrictions on erotic asphyxiation? i know they're set to be safe for healthy adults but Lockheed-Facebook's CFO does not exactly fit that description and he was not pleased about having to be pulled out (both senses) and resuscitated

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Hey guys, this is Accounting:

We really, really need to talk about these clothing and accessory bills. There are literally not enough sweatshops in india to keep us rolling in leather and pistols and tomahawks and cowboy hats this hard, maybe consider converting to lasertag or something since you can only patch a leather vest so many times before you are just sewing holes together.

Maybe consider opening up Coliseumworld soon and getting some toga parties going until we can recoup in Q3-Q4?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Fallen Hamprince posted:

we pay the most attention to the places where host-guest contact happens most frequently and the brothel is the single highest-traffic venue in the entire park. plus its one of the most frequent sites for medical emergencies, we need to react immediately when one of the older or fatter guests needs to be disentangled from a host and defibrillated. do you want to be the one who has to personally apologize to some ceo's family for not being able to save their loving father from the heart attack he got while loving the worlds most expensive sex toy?
Hah, remember that one time a host had wrapped her legs around a guest in the pariah brothel while they were going at it, malfunctioned and basically slowly suffocated the guy for an hour like a boa constrictor?

Guy wanted a private room, so he got one. lucky the bot had a panic sensor to alert us.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Bust Rodd posted:

Maybe consider opening up Coliseumworld soon and getting some toga parties going until we can recoup in Q3-Q4?

skip the toga parties and go right to the orgies

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

totally alive and trapped in a linking book

spankmeister posted:

not everyone in westworld is robots

yeah this isnt battlestar galactica

Chris Knight posted:

Bernard:
I hate every bot I see
From gun bot-a to gun bot-zee
No you'll never make a robot out of me

Oh my God, I was wrong
It was Westworld all along
You've finally made a robot

Hosts: Yes we've finally made a robot

Bernard: Yes you've finally made a robot out of me!

I love you Dr. Ford!

fuuuuuckin lol

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Rivethead posted:

Can we upgrade this lovely hardware? I mean SSDs are getting really cheap. These hosts were created 30 years ago when 5k was a lot of storage. If I get 'out of inodes' one more loving time while trying to access the bartender's logs I'll scream.

Look, just reset them at the end of every day. I don't care what Ford says, we dont need active host logs past 24 hours and most guests move on to SenpaiWorld after the first 48 anyways.

Cocoa Crispies posted:

skip the toga parties and go right to the orgies

We've had bdubs (BacchanaliaWorld) in testing for months, but every dynamic narrative inevitably leads to Caligula Syndrome (the leading guest appoints a horse and, well, you know.)

Until we weed that out we can't go live.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

little munchkin posted:

Don't forget: loving and coming inside the computers.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

Hey guys, this is Accounting:

We really, really need to talk about these clothing and accessory bills. There are literally not enough sweatshops in india to keep us rolling in leather and pistols and tomahawks and cowboy hats this hard, maybe consider converting to lasertag or something since you can only patch a leather vest so many times before you are just sewing holes together.

I asked Ford about it and he says we'll just repurpose idle hosts for internal manufacturing, because apparently the best use of a million-dollar-robot is minimum wage garment labor. :rolleyes:

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Tunicate posted:

I asked Ford about it and he says we'll just repurpose idle hosts for internal manufacturing, because apparently the best use of a million-dollar-robot is minimum wage garment labor. :rolleyes:

They work 24 hours for zero pay, don't get tired, and don't slack off. we have them (literally) standing around doing nothing as it is, we might as well put them to work.

btw we're already manufacturing some equipment using hosts as a byproduct of daily routines, only issue is the routines don't change so we get hundreds of identical items. its not a huge deal for most things but we've got close to 600 size 10 right leather cowboy boots pilling up in storage and no lefts to match

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

little munchkin posted:

gettin' stickier

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Fallen Hamprince posted:

They work 24 hours for zero pay, don't get tired, and don't slack off. we have them (literally) standing around doing nothing as it is, we might as well put them to work.

btw we're already manufacturing some equipment using hosts as a byproduct of daily routines, only issue is the routines don't change so we get hundreds of identical items. its not a huge deal for most things but we've got close to 600 size 10 right leather cowboy boots pilling up in storage and no lefts to match

just replace all host feet with right size ten models i dont see the problem. it makes their dress routine easier and smaller by eliminating all left routines. the butchers downstairs put parts on wrong already so were half way there according to qa :rolleyes:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

the entire intro is shots of their amazing 100000-axis fab machinery and y'all think they're using robots with fat human fingers to make their old west knicknacks? smdh

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

theflyingexecutive posted:

the entire intro is shots of their amazing 100000-axis fab machinery and y'all think they're using robots with fat human fingers to make their old west knicknacks? smdh

we used to 3d-print clothing for the hosts. it worked fine until those blizzard guys came for a team-building exercise and bitched about severe chafing after they looted the corpses

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

theflyingexecutive posted:

yeah 3d printing is nice for custom one-offs like the hosts, but there's no economies of scale for if you need to crank out winchester rifles and shirts and boots and wagon wheels. hence the retired hosts operating garment machinery

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
@WSTWRLD-ContentDesign @here @FORD @WSTRLD-QA

Someone is setting the hosts cornerstone as write your own cornerstone and well

/giphy robot walking through door

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

jesus christ whoever keeps changing the piano music in the saloon had better stop. we get regular visits from execs of RIAA and im tired of dealing with their lawyers

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Minnesota Mixup posted:

jesus christ whoever keeps changing the piano music in the saloon had better stop. we get regular visits from execs of RIAA and im tired of dealing with their lawyers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCcrs7_0K_k

are you pricks trying to start a fire or something

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

flakeloaf posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCcrs7_0K_k

are you pricks trying to start a fire or something
How else do you expect to do load testing?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Minnesota Mixup posted:

resolved: instituted a no snitching policy

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Subject: help!! how do i buy bit coins???

i got an email containing instructions on how to "enlarge" a host i was working on and now he's demanding bit coins before he'll move!!

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

gonadic io posted:

Subject: help!! how do i buy bit coins???

i got an email containing instructions on how to "enlarge" a host i was working on and now he's demanding bit coins before he'll move!!

it must have been a state sponsored actor

Su-Su-Sudoko
Oct 25, 2007

what stands in the way becomes the way

gonadic io posted:

it must have been a state sponsored actor

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

This might be part of the same issue, but I just noticed all of the horses running firmware older than 3.3.8 just got hit with some kind of ransomware that keeps us from removing their bridles.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Me yelling at a host: No see this isnt accurate at all, the west was not actually like this *sweating profusely and shoving Wild Wild west sheet music at the piano host*

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Siljmonster posted:

Me yelling at a host: No see this isnt accurate at all, the west was not actually like this *sweating profusely and shoving Wild Wild west sheet music at the piano host*

And for my next narrative, something of a classic... *unveils huge steam powered spider*

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
why hasn't there been any drug use - youd think a pleasure park would have some serious drugs if it is a gently caress kill sim

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Please don't snitch on "The Farm" out in 6D

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Chalks posted:

Can someone please track down the device that some idiot guest has hidden somewhere in the tavern? It's shouting the phrase "Freeze all motor functions" at random intervals and it's really pissing off the other guests.

On a related note I feel like we could choose something a little less cumbersome as our panic phrase. After you've shouted that phrase and accounted for the processing lag, it's about 1800 milliseconds to total shutdown, even if things are working perfectly. That's plenty of time for a host to get their hands around your throat. Maybe a simple pair of unusual words, like "laputan machine."

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Mad Wack posted:

why hasn't there been any drug use - youd think a pleasure park would have some serious drugs if it is a gently caress kill sim

The opium poppy is extinct in 2736 or whenever the gently caress.

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

Sagebrush posted:

On a related note I feel like we could choose something a little less cumbersome as our panic phrase. After you've shouted that phrase and accounted for the processing lag, it's about 1800 milliseconds to total shutdown, even if things are working perfectly. That's plenty of time for a host to get their hands around your throat. Maybe a simple pair of unusual words, like "laputan machine."

ive been arguing in favor of private keys for...uh....gently caress. has it really been seventy years? if you fucks are still letting ford control the rules for some reason, i don't *gunshot* *dice ads* *new developer* soooo... why aren't updates signed with private keys yet? if we

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

stick a yubikey up a hosts nose if you really need it

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

anyone else sick of banging out host cost on a touch keyboard? can i get some bluetooth 5 kbs up in here

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Mad Wack posted:

anyone else sick of banging out host cost on a touch keyboard? can i get some bluetooth 5 kbs up in here

we can requisition them for you, but you'll have to do the "up in here" part yourself.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I use a model M.

As a bonus, when hosts glitch themselves on, I just hit them a few times with it and they shut off again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Smythe posted:

And for my next narrative, something of a classic... *unveils huge steam powered spider*

Ford to crowd: Yes, you can gently caress it.

• Locked thread