Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Most of those scenes were flashbacks to 4 years ago, season 1.

But also he occasionally kills people this season, because refusing to kill the bad guy (until the finale) last season got Laurel killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Prometheus actually being (ex)Detective Lance would be great. Oliver probably hasn't ruined anyone's life harder, and it would be a great double-twist.

Also, I suppose it would tie into the return(?) of Laurel(?).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That was another thing I liked about this season.

That didn't even last a whole act. As soon as they told the team, their first thought was "Well this is obviously a setup"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

OB_Juan posted:

Prometheus actually being (ex)Detective Lance would be great. Oliver probably hasn't ruined anyone's life harder, and it would be a great double-twist.

Also, I suppose it would tie into the return(?) of Laurel(?).

How does old burnt out alcoholic suddenly gain Ra's Al Ghul level combat skills though?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aquasnake posted:

Maybe I'm just weird, but whenever I just glance over at Reporter Lady (I'm sure she has a name, but none of us bother to remember it.) Her face reminds me of Laurel and I have to do a double take, it's been like this all season for me.

Her face keeps reminding me of Julie from Burning Love. Which kinda undercuts the drama of any scene she's in.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

So Diggle was out of jail for like 4 episodes. Wonder how long he'll stay in this time.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

nooneofconsequence posted:

Man season 1 Arrow was so good. :(

But season 5 is okay. :)

Really hoping Prometheus being some random schlub isn't true. And Laurel being a hallucination would be incredibly lame.

According to Stephen Amell "Obviously people don’t just come back from the dead, so there has to be some sort of vetting process to make sure that it is Laurel because the group has seen some peculiar things. We delve into that when we come back in the New Year." So I guess she's at least corporeal otherwise it would be a pretty short vetting process.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

greatn posted:

How does old burnt out alcoholic suddenly gain Ra's Al Ghul level combat skills though?

Laurel did it? Vengence is a hell of a drug? Flashpoint/explain/poo poo? I don't know. I'm sure it will get explained via flashbacks. Also, alcholism would be a great cover for the training and not being around when he's supposed to be.

Alternately, I'm wrong, and that's fine.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

greatn posted:

Clearly you become Ra's Al Titty-loving Ghul

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Not like the rest of the family hasn't been trained by an Al-Ghul at one point or another. Its Dad's turn!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
There's a computer chip on the back of his neck with Ra's Al Ghul's consciousness embedded within, which takes over when he blacks out. He can keep it from activating by drinking wine and tilting his eyes to the left just so, but the amount of time he retains full control grows shorter each time.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

greatn posted:

There's a computer chip on the back of his neck with Ra's Al Ghul's consciousness embedded within, which takes over when he blacks out. He can keep it from activating by drinking wine and tilting his eyes to the left just so, but the amount of time he retains full control grows shorter each time.

Ra's wont take over a laser kill sat to carve his face in th city though. Shame.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
If Thea Queen, washed up ex druggie party girl who weighs 70lbs soaking wet, can become arse kicker extraordinaire... Yeah Quentin is not even remotely out there.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Unbeknownst to Quentin, he recently picked up a strange coin and became possessed by the demon inside who is slowly taking over control of his mind.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Autism Sneaks posted:

So I haven't watched a full episode of this silly show besides the crossover since season 1, so I channel-surfed right into this gob-smacking murder and walked away confused. I thought Hood/Arrow/Green Arrow stopped killing people so he could really be the CW's dollar store Batman, but he's back to killing people with extreme prejudice and, shocker, it blows up in his face spectacularly? What?

In Seasojn 1 he killed people willy-nilly, and it's ramped down over the seasons until S4 when he was pathologically not killing people (aside from mooks, anyway) and the way he beat Dhark was realizing "some folks just need killin". So now in S5 he's stepped it back up a bit in brutality but is generally on the "better to drag them to the cops" side of things.

The flashbacks in this episode were to stuff that happened in Season 1. His murder-spree coming back to haunt him.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

That episode was really good but I'll be mad as heck if they have Laurel come back from the dead as the mid-season cliffhanger and it turns out to be a hallucination. If they're going to do that it should just be an act break.

Kinda wish they'd used someone who we did see in Season 1, but Shkreli was a good target to base a character on. The Prometheus plot has been seriously good so far.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Klungar posted:

Unbeknownst to Quentin, he recently picked up a strange coin and became possessed by the demon inside who is slowly taking over control of his mind.

So there's a wizard party coming his way soon?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm thinking Prometheus could still be some Russian guy who got his list, and is only pretending to be a victim.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

greatn posted:

I'm thinking Prometheus could still be some Russian guy who got his list, and is only pretending to be a victim.

Either that or is he is the guy's son, but also someone else Ollie encountered in Russia. The reporter is involved somehow beyond just looking into his past too, I think.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oliver said he'd recognized some of the moves from a woman who taught him in Russia. It's pretty obvious this person is Talia as news of her casting came a long time ago. Perhaps Talia is actually Prometheus as well, getting revenge for the death of her father.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

greatn posted:

Due to Flashpoint he now spent a police academy semester aboard at the League of Assassins.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's Roy. He's just perfected his flipping game.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Klungar posted:

Doctor Vodoo?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Does Dr Vodoo use a hockey stick?

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Klungar posted:

I appreciate this post.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Holy poo poo !! :tviv:

That was a crazy good episode. I was so loving worried when he shot him that I was like " Oh poo poo it's going to be Speedy" and then that last part with Laurel. Whhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
That got very real very fast! It's almost like they are trying to make a p. decent season of Arrow again?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhyno posted:

It's Roy. He's just perfected his flipping game.

I actually did think of Roy when Oliver talked about recognizing a move just as Prometheus did that sick flip.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Roy's pissed because everyone's talking like he's out of town when he's been lying bleeding in a corner of the bunker the last 6 months.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

Martout posted:

That got very real very fast! It's almost like they are trying to make a p. decent season of Arrow again?

Not only trying. Succeeding. Really, really well.

Such a great episode and a really great midseason finale. Here's hoping it doesn't fall into the same trap seasons 3 and 4 did. Cause I know we were all thinking the same exact things we are now the last two years, but there's something different this time around. I feel like we have another really good season of TV on our hands.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tommy brought back, and brain hosed by Talia.

Polite destruction.

https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/posts/1228839840534614

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Dec 9, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

quote:

Is this the same Oliver who literally scaled Felicity’s balcony to talk about why she kept Billy a secret from him? NOPE

That's his sister's balcony, actually.

My god it keeps going.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

:yikes:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

but really, I hope someone calls out Felicity for just uprooting Thea out of her apartment. that was just rude

the interaction between Thea and Rene was pretty funny I'll admit

Writh
Dec 31, 2008

Big D's chillin' over here, wasteland style

Reading what I did of that made ME embarrassed.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

to his credit, Amell gave a pretty gracious response to that bile

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
It was Laurel all along. She wanted revenge on Ollie for sleeping with her sister.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

What did that FB post say I missed it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scyantific posted:

What did that FB post say I missed it.

I couldn't make it through most of it, but someone was very upset that Oliver and Felicity aren't together anymore and they brought back Laurel.

Like, very upset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was a few absurd things about how Oliver's behavior shows he's not over Felicity and stuff too.

• Locked thread