Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

That is classy. I am unreasonably excited that I have purchased a gift for an internet stranger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.
I just sat down with a grilled cheese dinner and the door bell rang. We've had a bunch of folks come by around dinner time, ringing the bell, and asking for donations to various causes. I was not particularly pleased to be disturbed at dinner once again.

I however was pleasantly surprised:

Thanks Leperflesh. Masks for home improvement and coasters for my beer afterward! Its perfect.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

You're welcome, dawg. Those masks have a thingie on the front so you can breathe out, and your eye protection doesn't steam up. They're pro tier.

I'm sorry about your cold grilled cheese

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
How's the seal against say, a neckbeard?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My neckbeard filters out sawdust adequately, but your mileage may vary. If you need proper protection from something nasty, you should both shave properly and get an actual respirator that fits well, and use the filter units appropriate for the hazard.

But Bridgh said he needed to just do some work in a dusty attic, for that these should be good.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Motronic posted:

Cursedshitbox is overachieving already: he sent me his nuts. (and a coolant neck gasket)

While not my Santa he's purging the land rover parts out of his life onto me.

Thanks buddy! You know these will end up on one of my vehicles of shame and then on a tow truck soon.

Anytime! and I like putting nuts in your hand.

iForge posted:

I too got a big package from CSB today! Thanks buddy!

:kimchi: Few bus parts, I think the rubber bulb is a pump for the washer, circuit breakers, transmission range selector valve. 3 glow plugs from donkey, and the old oil seals from the oil cooler. rear end in a top hat parts in the form of a blown headgasket, broken spokes, and burnt clutch plates.. 1 50cc piston, a chinesium sparkplug, and some homework/left over midterms parts.

sharkytm posted:

As promised: BOOTY!

its I, your Santa. The lights came off the bus. Everything else is use(less)ful items that might come in handy for future projects. :D

helno
Jun 19, 2003

hmm now were did I leave that plane
I recommend this one.

https://www.acklandsgrainger.com/en/product/RESP-COMFO-ELITE-HALF-FACE-MED/_/R-MSA490491

It fits the same as the comfo classic we use at work (and every two years I have to undergo a fit test) but this one is made of a softer rubber than digs into my delicate face less.

Edit: The fit test is important if you are actually working with hazardous materials (I wear them to protect against tritium so a really good fit is important).
Stay safe out there.

helno fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Dec 7, 2016

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

cursedshitbox posted:

its I, your Santa. The lights came off the bus. Everything else is use(less)ful items that might come in handy for future projects. :D

I figured. The lights and the 7.3PSD gasket were the key points. Thanks for the bits and baubles. :v:

helno posted:

I recommend this one.

https://www.acklandsgrainger.com/en/product/RESP-COMFO-ELITE-HALF-FACE-MED/_/R-MSA490491

It fits the same as the comfo classic we use at work (and every two years I have to undergo a fit test) but this one is made of a softer rubber than digs into my delicate face less.

Edit: The fit test is important if you are actually working with hazardous materials (I wear them to protect against tritium so a really good fit is important).
Stay safe out there.

For just particulates/metal fumes, I wholeheartedly recommend the 3M half-face with the super flat P100 carts.
https://smile.amazon.com/3M-6391-P100-Reusable-Respirator/dp/B001NDN29O

I use them regularly while welding, and they fit under a hood and don't get in the way. If you need legit chemical cartridges, then get something bigger like that MSA. When I did hazmat work, I skipped the half-face and went straight to a North full-face. No fogging, no spatter on your face. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00142BRF0 Man, I'm glad I don't do that anymore. 8 hours a day in the summer heat in a rubber suit and one of those. FFFfffffff

sharkytm fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Dec 7, 2016

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Packages (amazon) delivered. Goon package incoming.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
My package is out for delivery tomorrow... 2 packages, 24.5#.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Your package is on the way santee, hope you enjoy it.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 205 days!)

C'mon, Santee, you jerk- if you don't post this month, I might not send you the second package, since it's going to cost me $20 to do so.

<:mad:>

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I'll give them until Christmas. Gives me buffer to scrounge up a second box.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Package on its way.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Received my package last week, I was debating whether to save it till Christmas but I decided against it. Imgur has gotten even worse with it's UI, JFC.

Cats were extremely interested.

I'm a weirdo, I know.

Assorted keychains and some Ford fobs! I guess I have to get an SS now to match my keychain.

Oh man, what could it be?

Uhhhhhh hmmmmmmm. Something tells me I shouldn't plug this into my car.

HAVE YOU BEEN READING MY TUMBLR?

Amazing!

I have my suspicions about who my Santa could be...

The rest of the haul. I was thinking about getting a magnetic wristband so you totally read my mind. The ELM 327 is going to be super useful, along with the Kyocera Hydro (still trying to see if I can root it). I'm totally going to annoy my GF with the musical toothbrushes. I probably won't use that keyknife because I can see myself forgetting about it and having a talk with airport security.

Thanks so much Secret Santa!

West SAAB Story posted:

C'mon, Santee, you jerk- if you don't post this month, I might not send you the second package, since it's going to cost me $20 to do so.

<:mad:>

Oh god, is it me :ohdear:

Edit: I'll be sending my package out this week santee, just getting the last bits together!

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Oh man, I'm slacking. Sorry Santee, I'll try my best not to miss the ship by date!

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I'm away from home until Friday if a package arrives (my wife will probablybring it inside don't worry)

Will send out Monday, man some of y'all work fast!

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

Oh god, is it me :ohdear:

Ohai!

The phone is rootable. There's a 4G SD card under the flap, which you can put KingRoot 4.7 on, and reroot it. It works great for Torque. That battery in there was one of my 'never charged spares', so it's either going to last hours, or be completely flat. I didn't know if you were more of a Bieber, or a Gaga kinda guy..

:science: That OBDII reprogramming device is a hoot. It's literally just a timer and some LEDs. I did a review for Amazon where I hooked one up to +12/ground and it reprogrammed my batteries.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Santa dropped a sizable load off at my house early. Goaded on by the tiny human and her impatience, I decided to go ahead and open this early.

And what a fully equipped package it is!

First off is a hat, which doesn't fit over my fat head, but fits the wife remarkably well.

In the category of car parts, we have a universal rubber boot / grommet setup for a firewall. I can think of a few places I should use this instead of the ghetto solutions currently in place!

A collection of TireRack branded stressball cones, which I'm sure will be useful for toy cars of various sizes and styles.

Stickers for me, stickers for the tiny human (Frozen is forever a thing, for better or for worse). Also a can of what I am told is "snow".

A book with naughty words and a bag full of things to mask the ever-present stench of failure.

A stack of fappin reading material that should last for at least two or three post-Chipotle sessions on the throne. I suspect the frontmost one was hand-picked :v:

Thanks, Brigdh! Your note was also just ominous enough that now I want to go through each page of each magazine and inspect it for "inadvertent" Goatse.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Amazon are being dicks about delivering the main part of my order but as soon as that's in mine is going out the next day. Don't lose faith santee!

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

USPS says they delivered my santee's present last night to his porch but I haven't seen them post yet :smith:

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

What fun is a project if it doesn't at least slightly ruin your life?
You guys are so fast. I've got another SS with a shipping deadline of the 10th, so I'm handling that first. When I our shipping deadline is as far off as the 21st is, I've barely started to plan.

Maybe that's why I did poorly in college....

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

IOwnCalculus posted:

A stack of fappin reading material that should last for at least two or three post-Chipotle sessions on the throne. I suspect the frontmost one was hand-picked :v:

Thanks, Brigdh! Your note was also just ominous enough that now I want to go through each page of each magazine and inspect it for "inadvertent" Goatse.

I'm tempted to say you'll just have to eat Chipotle until you find out, but the everything except for the book should be tiny human safe. At the very least, I didn't "spike" anything. Thanks for confirming Frozen is still very much a thing. I'm not sure what value I will get out of that knowledge, but now I know.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

West SAAB Story posted:

Ohai!

The phone is rootable. There's a 4G SD card under the flap, which you can put KingRoot 4.7 on, and reroot it. It works great for Torque. That battery in there was one of my 'never charged spares', so it's either going to last hours, or be completely flat. I didn't know if you were more of a Bieber, or a Gaga kinda guy..

:science: That OBDII reprogramming device is a hoot. It's literally just a timer and some LEDs. I did a review for Amazon where I hooked one up to +12/ground and it reprogrammed my batteries.

SO IT IS YOU

Nice, battery was almost full. I washed the phone under the sink as well to test it out :science: The reprogrammer is loving hilarious, I took it apart immediately to see what the magic was all about.

Also don't worry about sending out the second package, that sounds pricey. You should save it for next years secret santa.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
Who is the dipshit that emailed me a shipping confirmation from a different email address than they signed up with? I don't know who you are.

:argh:

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Santa you are loving amazing.
This book is awesome and I just read it to my kids for bedtime.

Those niji-zaurus are awesome and have so many uses. My dad stole a flashlight) there so amazing. Thanks whoever you were. And if my images broke a table I'm sorry I'm phone posting. My wife showed me how to open the locking adjustable. I'm such a dolt. But those adjustable are gonna get put to work like all the stuff you gave me.

Also Santa you left no markings of who you were. You definitely are great whoever you are.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

clam ache posted:

Santa you are loving amazing.
This book is awesome and I just read it to my kids for bedtime.

Those niji-zaurus are awesome and have so many uses. My dad stole a flashlight) there so amazing. Thanks whoever you were. And if my images broke a table I'm sorry I'm phone posting. My wife showed me how to open the locking adjustable. I'm such a dolt. But those adjustable are gonna get put to work like all the stuff you gave me.

Also Santa you left no markings of who you were. You definitely are great whoever you are.

I got u fam. It was me. Sorry about lack of name.

The package for the neji-saurus pliers tickles me, and I use them all the time.

You might have one more small one coming in, because amazon Macrossed the order from a billion warehouses.

Glad you like it!

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I got u fam. It was me. Sorry about lack of name.

The package for the neji-saurus pliers tickles me, and I use them all the time.

You might have one more small one coming in, because amazon Macrossed the order from a billion warehouses.

Glad you like it!

Dude your amazing. Those gifts were a nice boost to a rough week. And the niji packaging makes me feel good. I used the pliers for the pictures in the booklet and it works amazingly. Once again 10/10 would be your Santee again.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
One package delivered, other was "delayed due to carrier issue"... Whatever that means.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Well this is a setback...

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
That's what happens when you don't service your envelopes every 10,000km.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

Also don't worry about sending out the second package, that sounds pricey. You should save it for next years secret santa.

I was going to actually wrap everything nice, but grocery bags are free! The Hydro is a little slow these days, but it will do Torque/Stream like no tomorrow, and as you see, you can drop it in anything and it'll keep working. This book is the cruft of what I wanted to send you, though- it's a drat shame there is no "media mail" possibilities (Along with the missing card):

Maybe you'll still end up with it.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

iForge posted:

Who is the dipshit that emailed me a shipping confirmation from a different email address than they signed up with? I don't know who you are.

:argh:

I read this post and then did exactly the same thing. What a muppet

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Was it a pair of pictures? If so, that was me. :ohdear:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

I was planning on sending the same locking adjustable and mechanic pliers, they get used way more often than they should.

I've been lazy and haven't done much thinking or shopping yet Santee and I appologize. There will likely be a box going out sometime next week from me and one from Amazon.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Package has been sent but it might be Sunday before I can send proof iforge. It should arrive in 5 days anyway.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Still need to gather the things I've picked up and throw them in a box. Most years I felt like my santa has been pretty awesome compared to what I sent out, so I'm trying to do better this year. :unsmith:

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Heads up Santee: UPS may have hosed up, they're indicating the package is missing. With that said your Steam game delivered today at the pre-set time I thought you would also be seeing a physical package, so at least there's that. Going to continue to harass UPS to unfuck this, but if it's gone I'll make it up to you. :(

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

UPS auto-insures every package for at least $50 I think, so be sure to make a claim if they don't cough up the actual package.

That said having worked for UPS many years ago (mid 1990s), unless something has drastically changed, they get ten times their usual volume during December and a lot of packages that should get scanned during unload/sort/preload, can get missed. Most likely that package still exists and is just somewhere within a labyrinthine sort facility, still finding its way along.

Alternatively, there's a very low but nonzero chance that a conveyer belt shredded it and its contents were strewn along fifty feet of sort line. I have seen that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Tremek posted:

Heads up Santee: UPS may have hosed up, they're indicating the package is missing. With that said your Steam game delivered today at the pre-set time I thought you would also be seeing a physical package, so at least there's that. Going to continue to harass UPS to unfuck this, but if it's gone I'll make it up to you. :(
Aw thanks for the game thats lovely, sorry to hear about the package. Don't fret too much if its gets lost poo poo happens, I hope they can compensate you somehow for losing it though. :(

Ill let you know if it comes in though. Thanks :love:

• Locked thread