Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Quick someone ask me what the best weather app is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Which is the best weather app?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Saddle brown.. no wait, gently caress. Wrong thread.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BeWeather

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
I don't know why you guys keep letting nincompoops write your OPs only to put old useless info in them that they'll ignore until the death of SA.

Depressing Box
Jun 27, 2010

Half-price sideshow.
Jokes aside, I don't know about the best overall weather app, but I wish they would all steal the temperature chart from Weather Line:

The app overall is pretty barebones, but its charts are hands-down the easiest to understand of all the weather apps I've tried.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Pissflaps posted:

Partly Sunny

Partly Sunny - Weather Forecasts by Joseph Hribar
https://appsto.re/us/ths1bb.i

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Feenix posted:

Partly Sunny

Partly Sunny - Weather Forecasts by Joseph Hribar
https://appsto.re/us/ths1bb.i

What makes a better weather app than Dark Sky, Carrot Weather or Dashlane?

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Depressing Box posted:

Jokes aside, I don't know about the best overall weather app, but I wish they would all steal the temperature chart from Weather Line:

The app overall is pretty barebones, but its charts are hands-down the easiest to understand of all the weather apps I've tried.

I like Wunderground's chart better.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Goodreader

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)
Weather charts.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Pissflaps posted:

What makes a better weather app than Dark Sky, Carrot Weather or Dashlane?

I don't know. It uses Dark Sy's hyperlocal, and puts a lot of info with less swiping. I like the design more. It's probably not better, just "another". :)

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
CBR reader that can read files in iCloud?

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Chunky

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Pissflaps posted:

That 1GB app that uses all stolen assets from Persona4.

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014
I like WeatherNerd, Weather Underground, and Weather Lines. Also stock is p satisfactory.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

I got this, set it to sync with an iCloud folder, but I can't see the folder on my desktop. Is this something I'm doing?

Additionally, I can't seem to figure out the "comic from images" functionality and there doesn't seem to by much support for it.

I picked up the pro version.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I'm looking for a household budgeting software that has cloud sync and clients for iPhone and iPad. macOS and Android clients would be nice as well but not vital. Not Mint or YNAB. Thanks!

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
Is there anything that can read from a Calibre library? I have my library on dropbox, and can always download from there into iBooks - but it'd be nice if there was a frontend browser to pick and read books.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Anyone know of a clever method to send a link/url from a non-macos computer to an iphone? For long urls I paste it into a note on icloud.com and wait for it to sync over, for short urls I type them out manually. But it seems like there should be a better way and maybe I'm just ignorant.

Use case is "ha ha look at this hilarious thing I found, I gotta message this to my wife" type situation.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

xzzy posted:

Anyone know of a clever method to send a link/url from a non-macos computer to an iphone? For long urls I paste it into a note on icloud.com and wait for it to sync over, for short urls I type them out manually. But it seems like there should be a better way and maybe I'm just ignorant.

Use case is "ha ha look at this hilarious thing I found, I gotta message this to my wife" type situation.
Pushbullet

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah. It's good. Used to be a lot better, I think the devs have given up on it. When they introduced an instant messenger part of the app I knew something was up.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Ratings since September are garbage though.. did iOS 10 gently caress things up?

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Weedle posted:

I'm looking for a household budgeting software that has cloud sync and clients for iPhone and iPad. macOS and Android clients would be nice as well but not vital. Not Mint or YNAB. Thanks!

honestly its ynab but if you absolutely hate it maybe ibank?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It works fine for that one thing, though notifications seem to be broken. I dunno, I can still send myself a link from my browser and it's there as soon as I open the app, with which you can send via the share button.

You could also do it with Pocket, though I find that a lot slower for that one function.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I was just recommended PushBullet in the iPhone thread and I'll repeat here what I said there:

Thwomp posted:

This would be cool but it looks like push notifications are broken and have been since the last update in February or so. And it just seems buggy/full of little QoL issues.

I may keep it around because it legitimately does make the process somewhat easier but I may still drop it.

xzzy - I was looking for something in the exact same use case. Pushbullet works but just know that notifications are broken.

Thwomp fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Dec 8, 2016

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

xzzy posted:

Ratings since September are garbage though.. did iOS 10 gently caress things up?

No, they got bought out and changed to a subscription model.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
Pushbullet still works like a charm for me :shrug:

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

porktree posted:

Is there anything that can read from a Calibre library? I have my library on dropbox, and can always download from there into iBooks - but it'd be nice if there was a frontend browser to pick and read books.

Marvin will do that.

Rip stanza

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Is IAP shared on family accounts? I'm wondering if my partner and I will have to buy Mario Run twice.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is IAP shared on family accounts? I'm wondering if my partner and I will have to buy Mario Run twice.

AFAIK, IAP no. Purchases, yes.

Mario Run is an app, not an IAP, so you should only have to buy it once.

Kailtor
Jun 7, 2005

fucking kailtor

Ask me about my lifetime subscription

:ughh: :ughh:

decypher posted:

AFAIK, IAP no. Purchases, yes.

Mario Run is an app, not an IAP, so you should only have to buy it once.

Apparently it will be free (trial) with an IAP to enable all content. I don't think there will be a full priced version.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

Kailtor posted:

Apparently it will be free (trial) with an IAP to enable all content. I don't think there will be a full priced version.

I see! Well then being an IAP it'll need to be purchased on each account.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Zigmidge posted:

Marvin will do that.

Rip stanza

This is perfect. Thanks.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
You can sign-in to the purchaser's iTunes account temporarily and Restore Purchases to get that IAP.
It's a hassle, but you should only need to do that once though.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

randyest posted:

I know there's an app for everything but I can't find the one I need, which I think must exist, yet I can't find it after days of searching. Here are the requirements.

• I have 3 things I want to track when I do them with a click on one of three big labelled buttons; very simple interface.
  • The app then records the day and time (and which of the three 3 things I did, depending on which button I pressed).
  • I can go "back in time" and add a thing I did at any previous day / time in case I forgot to click the big button when I did the thing (or delete an erroneous click).
  • I can see bar and/or line graphs of how many times I did each of those things daily, weekly, monthly, annually. Maybe even hourly.
  • Flexibility in graphing / stats reporting would be great (how often do I do thing 1, 2, or 3 on Mondays between noon and 2pm, for example).
  • Force touch to log item 1, 2, or 3 without opening the app would be incredible, but isn't required.
  • Bonus if I can see graphs for each item separately, and also have the option to "stack" items 1 & 2, or 2 & 3, or 1 & 3, or all 3 together with different colors for each thing in the bar chart. Again, not required but would be awesome.
  • Trend lines and stats reporting would also be great but, again, not really required, especially if I can export the raw data.

Price is not an issue, but simplicity in interface and use, solid stability in iOS10, no data loss, and preferably cloud sync are pretty critical (I can tolerate no cloud sync if I can export the data manually in CSV or some reasonable format.) Export to CSV or similar format for importing to Numbers or Excel for more analysis would be incredible, but isn't really required if I can do all of the above things.

Streaks is the closest thing I can think of, but I'm not sure how exportable things are.

Request: I'm looking for a decent journal/note app that can deal with syncing and has a good ios/mac combo client, but it needs to either support end to end encryption or at least be local sync only for work-related reasons. Paid is fine, subscription would be "preferably not". Needs to have some sort of tagging/searching functionality, text-only is acceptable, image insertion would be a nice to have. Any suggestions?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I need to film a series of 10 ~3 minute videos about a project I'm working on. I don't really want to and personally think it's a waste of time, but it was in the funding proposal that got accepted so I kind of have to.

I want to put the bare minimum effort into this which to me means filming it with my iPhone (6s) and doing the editing on the phone as well. What app do I need for this?

Don't say Camera.app :downs: (unless it really is the right answer? I dunno, I know nothing outside of taking pictures and applying filters to it in Instagram)

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
If you just wanna trim off the edges you can do that in Photos but for any editing beyond that you'll need iMovie which should be a free, universal app.

There may be other apps too, iMovie is just what I fall back on whenever I have to edit a movie, which is like once every two years.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Boris Galerkin posted:

Don't say Camera.app :downs: (unless it really is the right answer? I dunno, I know nothing outside of taking pictures and applying filters to it in Instagram)
For what you wanna do for minimal effort, yeah Camera.app is what you wanna use to record the footage and then iMovie to edit the clips together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hey guys so I'm looking to put my iPad to good use for work. I need something that can draw/markup images. Ideally something that can draw straight lines or polygons (line by line). Most sketching/markups do this (some not really good at it) but what I'd love is something that lets me shade/highlight the area inside the polygon. I've yet to see something that has that.