Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Still trying for an exdeath too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

I am really glad I ran the Hanging Gardens only enough to complete the daily quests over the last week, while using NRG to level up my 3 extra Exdeaths. I pulled Sazh on the first day, and in the past two daily draws pulled Snow, then Vanille. Now with the gear drop increase, and pulling along friend Lightnings, I'll be averaging 800 gears per run on ELT for the next week.

Now if only I could pull my own Lightning...

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I'll do 1/2 pulls when the Lightning banner crops up because if I didn't get her on the first 78 pulls surely I'll get her on a 1/2 daily! :shepicide:

My only rainbow crystal in over 100 pulls was a 5* Lenna, when I had a level 80 Lenna already...

At least the event will be worth running since they doubled the drop rates and lightning buddies are common as hell for me. 400+ per run is acceptable, even though the gigantuar is rare as hell and you can't get 2-3 of them like the metal gods.

Armitage posted:

Connection is shaky but I got my lapis and tickets. I did sneak in three pulls.

Daily pull - blue crystal, turned gold, 4* Sazh
Used Ticket on FFXIII banner and got 3* Leo
Ticket on FFV banner got a third Exdeath :aaa:

Are three Exdeaths overkill? I may not have the equipment for them yet but they are awesome units.

My 'main' team is Agrias/Exdeath/Exdeath/Exdeath/Cecil. Go with 3 Exdeaths, drop the meteor hammer on everything. :iia:

For the arena I swap out Agrias for Rydia because sometimes you just want a 7th meteor for those people who think they can make a Refia or Cecil that will live to see round two. They can't*. I'm tempted to level the 4th Exdeath I have but honestly at this point if I want a stronger arena team I'd be better off working on a couple Shantottos for when her 5* comes out and just chain her twister spell for easy max damage elemental chain overkill.

* At least not when black magic is usable and you aren't stuck using Earth Shaker or Evil Light. God riddance to this week of the arena. :argh:

Dana Crysalis posted:

Daily Pull: Vanille! Huzzah, I was trying for her.

Dragon Trip report: Guys, I seriously encourage you take take my Lightning. I four-rounded the bastard, he got one attack off.

Party - Lightning, CoD, Refia, Cecil, Fenrir's Lightning
Round 1: Failed to Aura Ball (I guess he's immune), Embolden, Cheer, autoattacks of doom. Did enough damage to cause him to trigger Boost.
Round 2: Tried Deprotect (also failed), autoattacks. Tanked through Release (did about 3000 damage to everyone)
Round 3: Comeback, Dualcast Curajas, Sacred Guard, Autoattacks. Triggered his Boost again.
Round 4. Autoattacks, he dead yo, Grand Helm get.

You need to boot people. :(

Only running exdeath lead atm but feel free to add me if you get a free spot: 155,948,655

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Vax you fucker accept my invite.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I was able to grind out the Dragon with:

CoD, Agrias, Firion, Refia, Cecil, and some decently strong Lightning (Dana's was on cool down sadly).

Basically it was a good number of rounds of buffing, auto attacking, and Provoking. Defend on Release, and mix in some reviving, some Comeback when Refia's LB wasn't up for the mass blind/silence, and the occasional Esuna for paralysis. But otherwise, buff, attack, and provoke.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

The man called M posted:

Considering who's on the banner tomorrow, why the hell is everyone wasting their tickets right now?:crossarms:

I was trying for a 2nd snow, as it turns out his champion's belt tm stacks which means a whopping 60 atk+40% if you can equip 2 on him. no luck, but did get another arigas and kefka, and savethequeen/ribbons are always welcome.

Dana Crysalis posted:

Daily Pull: Vanille! Huzzah, I was trying for her.

Dragon Trip report: Guys, I seriously encourage you take take my Lightning. I four-rounded the bastard, he got one attack off.

Party - Lightning, CoD, Refia, Cecil, Fenrir's Lightning
Round 1: Failed to Aura Ball (I guess he's immune), Embolden, Cheer, autoattacks of doom. Did enough damage to cause him to trigger Boost.
Round 2: Tried Deprotect (also failed), autoattacks. Tanked through Release (did about 3000 damage to everyone)
Round 3: Comeback, Dualcast Curajas, Sacred Guard, Autoattacks. Triggered his Boost again.
Round 4. Autoattacks, he dead yo, Grand Helm get.

I took mine and another lightning with excalibur so while the light resist slowed it down, it went about the same but longer. having Cecil, his limit break,+golem pretty much neutred any threat this guy was.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Dec 9, 2016

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Got an Exdeath with one of my free tickets. Sweet! Now all I need is Lenna and I've got a full FFV Krew.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
I've got a Lightning already and wanted Exdeath or Gilgamesh. I got the former and was happy.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
So I'm reading if you have a lot of bonus units it's better NRG/Gears wise to run PRO? Can someone confirm?

Hardbody posted:

Vax you fucker accept my invite.

Done.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I have a Cecil at lvl 16 Limit Burst. Who should be next? I have a 3* ExDeath but that seems wasteful since most bosses resist status ailments. Just wait for a top-tier healer to pop out of a crystal?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Also Vax I sent a request as KupoKupo toting an adequate CoD. If you have the room I'd appreciate the add. :)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Vax posted:

So I'm reading if you have a lot of bonus units it's better NRG/Gears wise to run PRO? Can someone confirm?

This is the first I've heard of this, but I would be interested to know also.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
#4 :toot:

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Vax posted:

Supposedly elite is more efficient but if you can sub out a damage dealer for a bonus unit, then pro would be better. I haven't run pro since maint so I don't know the exact numbers.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING

KDdidit posted:

The metal Gigantaurs don't seem to give any more gears

Gigantuars definitely drop bonus gears, I got ~1200 in a single ELT run with a gigantuar, a sazh, and a friend lightning. I also managed to have two runs with gigantuars out of the ~10 runs that I did today, but I figure that's just cluster luck and not a rate change.

e: also lmao my pulls, 1/2 price + 7 tickets: penelo, fang, fang, lenna, fang, fang, sazh, faris

I uh... I think they want me to use fang

amaranthine fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Dec 9, 2016

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Anyone have somebody I can use to beat up Antenolla? My CoD is still using Werebuster at 6* and it makes me sad.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
3/6 runs just now with a Cactaur and Lightning friend. 1350-1400 gears per run is preeeeetty good.

Also new arena rules: Dualcast & Status Effects banned.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Tagichatn posted:

Supposedly elite is more efficient but if you can sub out a damage dealer for a bonus unit, then pro would be better. I haven't run pro since maint so I don't know the exact numbers.

Looks like its something about 16.9 gears/NRG for ELT and 16.2 gears/NRG for PRO. So yeah if you have to find out the breakpoint for yourself.

For someone like me who hasn't pulled on this lovely banner at all it's just worth going with bonus friends once they pop up then go back to TM farming.

I settle for the Cactuars/Tix/Quartz.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

amaranthine posted:

Gigantuars definitely drop bonus gears, I got ~1200 in a single ELT run with a gigantuar, a sazh, and a friend lightning. I also managed to have two runs with gigantuars out of the ~10 runs that I did today, but I figure that's just cluster luck and not a rate change.

e: also lmao my pulls, 1/2 price + 7 tickets: penelo, fang, fang, lenna, fang, fang, sazh, faris

I uh... I think they want me to use fang

i got five fangs in nine tickets as well

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Daily was a gold Hope. Blew the 5 tickets +500 lapis(accidentially from mashing the button) on Gilgamesh pulls.

Krile
Exdeath #5
Shantotto #13
Luna #8
Shadowned
CoD #4

Not bad pulls overall.

Liking this new rate up on gears and with my Lightning and a friend Lightning, plus Snow and Sazh I'm getting a pretty good haul of gears every run. Unfortunately that will have to wait until I send Bartz though the Cactuar Dunes a couple dozen times.

Two questions: 1) How long do things you get from bundle purchases stay in your mailbox?
2) Is the Lightning skill from King Mog worth getting? Seems like she'd be better off with another ATK+10%

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Charlotte and Hayate's 6*'s are up:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/254
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/219

Pfft Hayate's first 6* ability is Encounter Rate -50%, learned at lvl 1.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Last 2 slots, 665 ExDeath -> 427140992

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Pulled a Fang. That brings me up to two Sazhs, a Fang and a Lightning.

So what's the sweet spot for gear farming? I haven't actually done ELT yet, but if I can dismantle it with Lightning + CoD and a friend, I could just bring the three lowbies and someone like a Cheerbot or 6* Exdeath.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Hot drat Lightning giving 100% Bonus now. Plus they doubled the ELT drop PLUS it feels like I'm actually getting Metal Cactuars to show up now. 2x out of 10 runs.

:frogsiren: Calling all the pink waifus to the friendzone! :frogsiren:

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Vax posted:

Last 2 slots, 665 ExDeath -> 427140992

Added you. Anyone have tips for killing Anetolla? Currently have Cecil, CoD, Rydia, Arc and Terra maxed. Could swap in an Ingus for full break if it would help.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Daily: Ludmille #4

Tix 1: Hope
Tix 2: Fang

:shrug:

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Crash_N_Burn posted:

Added you. Anyone have tips for killing Anetolla? Currently have Cecil, CoD, Rydia, Arc and Terra maxed. Could swap in an Ingus for full break if it would help.

Your team makeup is... less than optimal for the plant, because you want to single target and kill each part one at a time, starting from top right and working clockwise. Aura Ball on CoD will help you out a lot. You really need some good physical damage, though.

e:

Evil Fluffy posted:

You need to boot people. :(

Only running exdeath lead atm but feel free to add me if you get a free spot: 155,948,655

I booted someone and tossed you an invite!

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Dec 9, 2016

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Dana Crysalis posted:

Your team makeup is... less than optimal for the plant, because you want to single target and kill each part one at a time, starting from top right and working clockwise. Aura Ball on CoD will help you out a lot. You really need some good physical damage, though.

e:

I booted someone and tossed you an invite!

Thanks. I've got 2 more CoD and 2 Bartz to level so hopefully I'll be doing ok for phys damage soon.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Fang, Fang, Medius, Arc. Definitely fiddled with rates.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

My first 5 star o. The lightning banner! It's my third agrias...

Not really complaining since having three holy explosion users eventually is pretty strong

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Hey, put your Lightnings on Ifrit, folks. Still seeing a lot of Diablos... great for arena, but that should be set up as a different team. He's not gonna help you at all with the event or the new trials.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Fenrir posted:

Hey, put your Lightnings on Ifrit, folks. Still seeing a lot of Diablos... great for arena, but that should be set up as a different team. He's not gonna help you at all with the event or the new trials.

Speaking of the new trial, my Lightning is now specced for the 2 headed dragon, with dragon slayer and twin lance, now with red hot sakurafubuki/blade mastery action.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Blew a bunch of saved ticket hoping for a lightning. Got Charlotte which is good, two gold Rosa I don't need, and SIX FANGS. WTF. Is she worth any amount of poo poo other than team gear grind?

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Enhancements for Bartz and ExBro are looking decent:

Butts:
Entrust Life Sacrificial Restore ST 100% HP/MP, ST 3 Turn +70% Wind Resist, ST 3 Turn Auto-Revive with 80% HP
Cyclone Slash 700% AoE 1 Hit Wind Hybrid Attack

ExBro:
+50% Mag Dmg vs Human, Plant, Bird, Beast, Bug
Meteor 300% AoE 3 Hit Magic Attack + Ignore -25% MND
Evil Light 350% AoE 1 Hit Light Magic Attack + Ignore -25% MND

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

CyberLord XP posted:

Blew a bunch of saved ticket hoping for a lightning. Got Charlotte which is good, two gold Rosa I don't need, and SIX FANGS. WTF. Is she worth any amount of poo poo other than team gear grind?

She's Kain but with elemental instead of lance, slightly more atk/def, and weaker jumps. Or, if you prefer, Freya with single target elemental and more attack instead of healing.

Either way, she's not top tier, and unlike those two, has a less immediately desirable TMR, but if you're like some poor fools and have thirteen clouds, farming up a quick equip spear so you can put a couple gungnir on a cloud is acceptable.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Vax posted:

Enhancements for Bartz and ExBro are looking decent:

Butts:
Entrust Life Sacrificial Restore ST 100% HP/MP, ST 3 Turn +70% Wind Resist, ST 3 Turn Auto-Revive with 80% HP
Cyclone Slash 700% AoE 1 Hit Wind Hybrid Attack

ExBro:
+50% Mag Dmg vs Human, Plant, Bird, Beast, Bug
Meteor 300% AoE 3 Hit Magic Attack + Ignore -25% MND
Evil Light 350% AoE 1 Hit Light Magic Attack + Ignore -25% MND

So, Butz can come back to life when he uses the Elixir ability? Not sure I'm reading that properly.

Side note: can confirm Golem Staff works with Gale Barrage. In Arena, tanks are very likely to be petrified first turn.

Got Terra #4 in the half-price.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

Vax posted:

Hot drat Lightning giving 100% Bonus now. Plus they doubled the ELT drop PLUS it feels like I'm actually getting Metal Cactuars to show up now. 2x out of 10 runs.

:frogsiren: Calling all the pink waifus to the friendzone! :frogsiren:

If you get spots feel free to add me: 955356038

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Is re rolling absolutely necessary for a five

Seems like a bit of a chore

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Daily: Gold Maria

Three tickets left - let's go for Lightning!

Ticket #1 - A fourth Exdeath :aaa:
Ticket #2 - Russell. No muscle whatsoever but the TM seems decent I guess
Ticket #3 - Alma. I guess a third Lordly Robe doesn't hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dewer
Sep 2, 2011
If anybody needs another lightning for event grinding send me an invite, i have 12 spots open. 000 144 467

• Locked thread