Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Kassad posted:

I fail to see why her not being a Muslim means anything about the prevalence of islamophobia when we live in the same world where racists attacked a Buddhist monk because they thought he was a Muslim..

Do you have any evidence that let's you believe that the attackers thought she was a Muslim? Keep in mind that the incident occurred in Berlin Neuköln.

https://www.berlinjournal.biz/nun-fahndet-die-polizei-nach-dem-treppen-treter/

But I guess posting Islamic propaganda is a cool thing now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

GaussianCopula posted:

Do you have any evidence that let's you believe that the attackers thought she was a Muslim? Keep in mind that the incident occurred in Berlin Neuköln.

https://www.berlinjournal.biz/nun-fahndet-die-polizei-nach-dem-treppen-treter/

But I guess posting Islamic propaganda is a cool thing now.

How is this Islamic propaganda? Do you deny that Muslims have been the target of hate crimes in europe?

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

drilldo squirt posted:

How is this Islamic propaganda? Do you deny that Muslims have been the target of hate crimes in europe?

The tweet is from an Syrian propaganda account by a man who didn't even check the basic facts of the story (the woman is 26 so I wouldn't call her "girl") either.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

GaussianCopula posted:

The tweet is from an Syrian propaganda account by a man who didn't even check the basic facts of the story (the woman is 26 so I wouldn't call her "girl") either.

You seem quite eager to dismiss this. Have you considered that you don't want this to be real so you don't have to examine your beliefs?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Why wouldn't you call a 26 year old girl a girl?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
For example dodging my question about your belief in the possibility that Europe is very racist to muslim tells me you don't want to examine this type of thing.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

drilldo squirt posted:

You seem quite eager to dismiss this. Have you considered that you don't want this to be real so you don't have to examine your beliefs?

Why would I not want this to be "real"? The video is obviously real but we are looking at a gang, probably with migration background, based on the demographics in Neuköln, attacking a woman. Not a hate crime against a "Muslim girl".

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

dex_sda posted:

If he does he would have to acknowledge that what happened is wrong.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

GaussianCopula posted:

Why would I not want this to be "real"? The video is obviously real but we are looking at a gang, probably with migration background, based on the demographics in Neuköln, attacking a woman. Not a hate crime against a "Muslim girl".

Laughing my butt off at you trying to make the people attacking her the people you don't like.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

GaussianCopula posted:

Why would I not want this to be "real"? The video is obviously real but we are looking at a gang, probably with migration background, based on the demographics in NeukĂśln, attacking a woman. Not a hate crime against a "Muslim girl".

The video clip tells us nothing about their origins. Your general attitude tells us you're a disingenuous, vicious, small minded rear end in a top hat.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Would you like to talk about the issue of attacks of Muslims in Europe or are you going to double think your way out of this like a coward?

jonnypeh
Nov 5, 2006

Pesmerga posted:

The video clip tells us nothing about their origins. Your general attitude tells us you're a disingenuous, vicious, small minded rear end in a top hat.

I guess you did not notice the one on the right.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
^^^ lmao

GaussianCopula posted:

Do you have any evidence that let's you believe that the attackers thought she was a Muslim?

I'm not the one categorically ruling out anything here. And the point of me linking that news story is that if some random assholes can see a Buddhist monk and think "Muslim", other random assholes can see a woman wearing a hood and also think "Muslim". You don't need to conjure up "Islamic propaganda".

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

jonnypeh posted:

I guess you did not notice the one on the right.

What about the one on the right?

jonnypeh
Nov 5, 2006

drilldo squirt posted:

No idea, can't make out on any of the videos. But they must be holding beer bottles so that puts a dent into what I said.

Well, poo poo.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
It's kinda interesting to watch stupid people beat facts into things that agree with them.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

jonnypeh posted:

No idea, can't make out on any of the videos. But they must be holding beer bottles so that puts a dent into what I said.

Well, poo poo.

You pointed out the one on the right and I asked what about him. This is not an intelligible response to that.

jonnypeh
Nov 5, 2006

drilldo squirt posted:

You pointed out the one on the right and I asked what about him. This is not an intelligible response to that.

Great. I read it as "one on the left" and looked at the one on the left and saw a fuzzy blur.

It is of course the beard, clothing and haircut.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

drilldo squirt posted:

He's obviously not a blond-haired Aryan, and therefore he is himself a Musselman hoodlum.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
Drilldo squirt please stop embarrassing you're self.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

jonnypeh posted:

Great. I read it as "one on the left" and looked at the one on the left and saw a fuzzy blur.

What about those things?

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

blowfish posted:

Drilldo squirt please stop embarrassing you're self.

jonnypeh posted:

Hmmm yes, it's drilldo squirt who's saying things he should be embarrassed about here. Right. But tell us more about that obvious Islamic attire, jeans and a leather jacket over a hoodie.

jonnypeh
Nov 5, 2006
non-cropped video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gupmk5-GmKc

Can you be sure that AfD will not have at least one more voter after this?

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kassad posted:

Hmmm yes, it's drilldo squirt who's saying things he should be embarrassed about here. Right. But tell us more about that obvious Islamic attire, jeans and a leather jacket over a hoodie.

Oh you're right, Muslims in Europe don't wear normal clothes. Thanks for educating us.

No one's even saying the kickers are Muslim, just that they're Germans with an immigrant background. Which is pretty clear.

Seeing as this whole thing started with one of "you guys" posting a tweet from a Syrian propaganda account claiming this shows how Muslims are treated in Europe, the whole episode is pretty funny because it turns out that the woman is pretty clearly not a Muslim (probably a non-immigrant German) and the kickers are immigrants/children of immigrants to Germany, probably from the Middle East.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

jonnypeh posted:

non-cropped video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gupmk5-GmKc

Can you be sure that AfD will not have at least one more voter after this?

What the gently caress is going on in the comments? There is like one or two hateful comments, but no insane, inarticulate screeching about foreigners. :stare:

e: just saw that it only has 3k views, the screeching brigade just hasn't seen it yet

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Oh you're right, Muslims in Europe don't wear normal clothes. Thanks for educating us.

No one's even saying the kickers are Muslim, just that they're Germans with an immigrant background. Which is pretty clear.

Seeing as this whole thing started with one of "you guys" posting a tweet from a Syrian propaganda account claiming this shows how Muslims are treated in Europe, the whole episode is pretty funny because it turns out that the woman is pretty clearly not a Muslim (probably a non-immigrant German) and the kickers are immigrants/children of immigrants to Germany, probably from the Middle East.

Explained please, what about them makes them seem like immigrants?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

GaussianCopula posted:

Holy loving poo poo. Don't just flip the ethnicity of the attackers to suit your ideology you oval office.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

dex_sda posted:

She was no angel

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

jonnypeh posted:

Can you give me a guesstimate on skull measurements from that still while you're at it?

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
I don't know what's going on other than the attackers are quite obviously of Middle-Eastern background.

What's controversial about that?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Ligur posted:

I don't know what's going on other than the attackers are quite obviously of Middle-Eastern background.

What's controversial about that?

"Watch this video of MUSLIM GIRL being ATTACKED!!! #racism #islamphobia #killallwhites"

"Those attackers look kinda swarthy"

"How DARE you make ASSUMPTIONS about them, you racist!"

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Geriatric Pirate posted:

You're in a subway station, alone, when all of a sudden you look down and see a critically injured muslim girl. She's crawling toward you, you lift your leg and stomp her head. The girl lays on its back, her face caked in blood, trying to turn herself over, but she can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping. Why are you not helping?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

throw to first drat IT posted:

"Watch this video of MUSLIM GIRL being ATTACKED!!! #racism #islamphobia #killallwhites"

"Those attackers look kinda swarthy"

"How DARE you make ASSUMPTIONS about them, you racist!"

Well it is a bunch of Germans kicking a Muslim lady down the stairs. I'm just fascinated by all the crazy people pretending to see whatever they want.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Also laughing at the implication that pointing out Islamophobic behavior means I want to kill all white people. I mean as a Persian I'm way more aryan than anyone else here.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
As much as I hate to agree with GC on anything, but it's not really clear if this was really a Muslim girl being attacke. And it's not clear that the attackers weren't Muslims. At the same time, it's entirely possible that this was an islamophobic attack. We just can't tell from the video alone, it's not a good source :(

But it's true that islamophobia is rising in Europe, this video makes no difference either way.

goethe42
Jun 5, 2004

Ich sei, gewaehrt mir die Bitte, in eurem Bunde der Dritte!

drilldo squirt posted:

Well it is a bunch of Germans kicking a Muslim lady down the stairs. I'm just fascinated by all the crazy people pretending to see whatever they want.

Why do you think the young lady is Muslim?

Currently the only thing officially known about the identities of the woman and the four men in this video, is that she is 26.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Torrannor posted:

But it's true that islamophobia is rising in Europe, this video makes no difference either way.

Very true, the fact that this type of thing happens daily in Europe is a big problem.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

drilldo squirt posted:

Very true, the fact that this type of thing happens daily in Europe is a big problem.

I agree, swarthy muselmen assaulting people in Europe are a big problem.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

throw to first drat IT posted:

I agree, swarthy muselmen assaulting people in Europe are a big problem.

Someone report this please. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Mozi posted:

There has to be some bleak, inhospitable, soul-crushingly terrible island you could dump all of the refugees on as a warning like Australia does.

Like England, for example.

Hey Nauru, unlike England, was a nice place before the phosphate ran out and Australians built concentration camps on it