Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

As was not paying Maclin better, as was cutting DJax outright. We cut our 3 best offensive players and brought in a guy who didn't fit the scheme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

TheChirurgeon posted:

On the other hand, McCoy is a legitimately special talent and trading him away was loving idiotic

I know, wasn't it great

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I want to hate McNabb because he sucked rear end playing for the Redskins, but I reluctantly vote for him over Romo. It's close, but McNabb was really extremely good for a long time, and especially good at avoiding costly turnovers. despite being in a pass-happy offense. He murdered us for a decade in a way that Romo really never did.

dest
May 28, 2003

9/9/99
Never Forget
Grimey Drawer
Oh geeze. Miles "Lost it in the lights." Austin. Will never forget that play, watching him streak down the field wide open, the ball perfectly placed, and him looking back over his shoulder, and obviously not being able to locate the ball, as it then dropped in front of him. He never saw it until it hit the ground.

And lets not forget that they had some of the worst defenses in NFL history a few years there. One season they were second only behind the Saints, in all-time bad defense. Romo masked years worth of Jerry's incompetence and Wade Phillips frittering away what Parcells had built. Without Romo, the Cowboys would not even been competitive any of those years.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Alex Barron

incompetent fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Dec 8, 2016

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVuQ5aw0HAQ

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Febreeze posted:

I know, wasn't it great

The Chip Kelly grenade was the best thing to ever happen to the NFC East. I used to be really afraid of those McNabb/Vick led teams with Shady and Desean on it. Thanks Chip!

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Never forget

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

I was living in Dallas Chip's first year - the Fools Gold hit me hard and I was trumpeting the glory of Chip to my co workers.

:negative:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

aBagorn posted:

I was living in Dallas Chip's first year - the Fools Gold hit me hard and I was trumpeting the glory of Chip to my co workers.

:negative:

It was good the first year. But Kelly wasn't able to adapt as everyone else adapted to him.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

predicto posted:

I want to hate McNabb because he sucked rear end playing for the Redskins, but I reluctantly vote for him over Romo.

So, going by thread logic where Romo is the greatest Dallas QB ever, Donovan McNabb was better than any Dallas Cowboys quarterback ever.

It's possible we may have been building on a false premise.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
There was one off-season where the Eagles had DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, LeSean McCoy, and Darren Sproles signed at the same time.

And then DeSean was let go...

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
How would it be the Eagles if we had nice things

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

89 posted:

There was one off-season where the Eagles had DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, LeSean McCoy, and Darren Sproles signed at the same time.

Younger, still fast and good cuts Darren Sproles no less

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Fuckin' Christ this is such a good picture.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

89 posted:

Out of all those guys McCoy was by far the best but the sum of the parts made the team uncoverable. Shady has always been a legit between the tackles runner which opened up a ton of room for Sproles and Maclin against outside LBs and nickel CBs. Jackson couldn't run underneath routes but him running down field at 4.4 speed in pads forced defenses to pull back their free safety into a deep spy and occupied an outside corner too. And of course McNabb/Vick both had cannon arms and the willingness to look for a run when the play broke down so that synergized too. Then when Bradford and Foles came in it still sort of worked because Shady was just so legitimate as a threat out of the backfield that they didn't have to see a ton of pressure.

It was just such a wisely built team that was ruined because Chip Kelly played the Eagles like how I play Madden franchise mode.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Chilichimp posted:

Fuckin' Christ this is such a good picture.

Yeah, it's striking. Considering the subject and composition, it has to be one of the best football pictures of all time.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

All that hype for an AFC West primetime game because they think they are better than the NFCE. We got a dumpy 21 to 13 slop fest where the chiefs got a lead and then sat down and the Raiders just fumbled like a team that doesnt get the spotlight. Shame. And people want more of these teams in primetime over the kings?

Cowboys/Giants is going to be a spectacle of crazy football and put these non-primetime teams back to sleep at their real bedtimes.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Not really, Thursday night football is just terrible and making players destroy their bodies again without proper rest is hosed up and burn the league down because gently caress them all.

As such, the NFC East is still a garbage division

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The AFC South proves that a true dumpster fire is not fun to watch. Even in their shittiest years, the NFC East was a spectacle to see.

The most entertaining division in football, Imo.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The NFC East has had good offenses led by good gunslinging QBs who are capable of hilarious mistakes (Eli, Romo, Cousins, McNabb fit this perfectly) along with bad defenses, it's a perfect recipe for entertaining as hell games. Also the fanbases loathe each other, another good thing

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TBH I don't think Eagle fans generally hate Redskin fans, it's more of a down the nose type thing

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The Cowboys were much better with Romo than they would have been without Tony Romo

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Gynecolojustice posted:

The NFC East has had good offenses led by good gunslinging QBs who are capable of hilarious mistakes (Eli, Romo, Cousins, McNabb fit this perfectly) along with bad defenses, it's a perfect recipe for entertaining as hell games. Also the fanbases loathe each other, another good thing

An AFCW fan with some sense! Welcome good sir

I bet even the Eagles could have put up a better fight than the Raiders last night

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

TBH I don't think Eagle fans generally hate Redskin fans, it's more of a down the nose type thing

It's hard for anyone to have hate for the Redskins after they've been poo poo for 20 years.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
TBH the only NFCE fans I loathe are Philadelphia area (born and raised) Cowboys fans, of which there are too many.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

aBagorn posted:

TBH the only NFCE fans I loathe are Philadelphia area (born and raised) Cowboys fans, of which there are too many.

Hey, it's not too late to join them and root for America's team.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

a new study bible! posted:

It's hard for anyone to have hate for the Redskins after they've been poo poo for 20 years.

Yeah, Eagles/Redskins is barely a rivalry, at least from my Eagles perspective.

Most Eagles fans hate the Cowboys more than anything, but some of us, like me, hate the Giants more. I have a theory that Eagles fans who went to college in the Northeast tend to hate the Giants more because they actually spent time around Giants fans for four years. The only time you meet a Cowboys fan in the Northeast it's because they had an abusive father or something and their fandom is some sort of symbolic retaliation that is more worthy of pity than hatred.

As a corollary example, I hate the Mets and Mets fans and I don't even follow baseball.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Dec 9, 2016

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Black Sunshine posted:

Not really, Thursday night football is just terrible and making players destroy their bodies again without proper rest is hosed up and burn the league down because gently caress them all.

As such, the NFC East is still a garbage division

Cowboys Vikings was a top 10 game at this point in the season. So was Redskins Cowboys on Thanksgiving.

AFC Worst.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

:smith:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
The Eagles are big time missing a good veteran hard working WR. Luck had Reggie Wayne, Cam had Steve Smith, RGIII had Pierre Garcon (you know, before RGIII died), Wentz has nothing. Think of how much even Kirk Cousins has been surrounded by tremendous receiving talent in DeSean, Garcon, Reed, Vernon Davis, Crowder, Doctson. It's possible tomorrow that Wentz will take the field with Ertz, a 1st rounder who looks like a bust, and two undrafted WRs. Really excited to see what the Eagles aggressive front office will be doing to address that this offeseason.

After we get done kicking the Redskins's rear end tomorrow :shepspends:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Doctson has definitely helped Cousins grow this year, its true

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Gynecolojustice posted:

Doctson has definitely helped Cousins grow this year, its true
#TheTeamInvestingInTalentToHelpTheirQBasMuchAsPossible

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

89 posted:

#TheTeamInvestingInTalentToHelpTheirQBasMuchAsPossible

investing in talent has never been Snyder's problem

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

TheChirurgeon posted:

investing in talent has never been Snyder's problem

No one ever said good talent either.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

NotWearingPants posted:

Yeah, Eagles/Redskins is barely a rivalry, at least from my Eagles perspective.

Yeah it's not a rivalry I agree, we've 5 championships to your 3.

Looking forward to ending the Eagles season on Sunday tbh

(we have the same number of division titles this decade fwiw)

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

NattyBo posted:

(we have the same number of division titles this decade fwiw)

The difference is that for the Redskins it has been a Renaissance and for the Eagles it has been a series of catastrophes.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

NotWearingPants posted:

The difference is that for the Redskins it has been a Renaissance and for the Eagles it has been a series of catastrophes.

Isn't that kind of the ebb and flow of sports?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
I definitely hate the Redskins and their fans. lovely, racist organization.

• Locked thread