Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

fred pulls a sword from a stone, it says "mcdermit"

Comcast Sports Chicago frantically updating their "Record with McDermott" graphics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

THE ANDERSONS GOT TICKETS?

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
My dumb team is a dumb embarrassment.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

KG dropping an I ain't too old FOR poo poo, homie on TNT

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Those blue Raptors jerseys are good but I have no idea why they're wearing them.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Sixers had lost 23 road games in a row before tonight :mrapig:

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Two Tone Shoes posted:

The Hawks?

\edit: nvm guessed it

How embarrassing is this ? Seriously the sixers lost 24 straight games on the road and they come in our home court and beat us by double digits.. DOUBLE loving DIGITS. Alvin Gentry and Dell Demps have to go, this is freaking horrible. Never seen such a an idiotic coach before in my life and our gm is a loving moron too, the game plan is loving horrible. Our season is over. Buddy Hield is looking like a god drat bust. I am so mad right now i am literally shaking. We don't deserve AD..

MOVIE MAJICK fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Dec 9, 2016

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Rick posted:

Those blue Raptors jerseys are good but I have no idea why they're wearing them.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Niwrad posted:

Only two teams matter and it's boring watching them slaughter inferior teams. Let them play a best of 55-game series and everyone else can play in the consolation bracket.

GSW is leading the series 25-10 and suddenly Draymond/Durant are suspended indefinitely.

$$$ grab for those TV ratings.

Papercut posted:

Why not just fast forward to the final possession of the final game of the Finals? Or to the day after, when you can check the box score to see who won?

I'd rather fast forward a few centuries. So many box scores and Youtube hologram highlights to watch.

Sheriff posted:

drat, it's crazy how many teams' futures were impacted by CP3's decision to leave New Orleans. The Lakers, the Clippers, the Pelicans themselves, the Rockets, the Raptors, and now apparently the Warriors too. Plus like a dozen other teams, but those are the ones who could be in very different places right now.

Now imagine if Dr. James Naismith was run over by a car.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
This Pels season is getting close to being the breaking point for me. Hopefully, they can start to play better in the next few games. Run a functional offense with movement that doesn't bog down into iso's or starting the offense with half the shot clock already gone.

I'm not asking for wins; just signs of competence and teamwork.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Zogo posted:

I'd rather fast forward a few centuries. So many box scores and Youtube hologram highlights to watch.

Old SAS goons in VR retirement homes telling their kids that LeBron would still dominate in the new world of basketball played to the death by 8-foot tall genetically engineered clones

chunkles fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Dec 9, 2016

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Original BAA champions:

Spacebump posted:

The best part is the fans on twitter that blame this season on Cuban spending too much time campaigning with Hillary.

Cuban's oscillating and bipolar political talk in recent months was one of the funnier things:

"Jobs won't be created by terrible people. No, Donald Trump. They'll be created by inspiring people like Hillary Clinton."

"[Donald Trump is] the best thing to happen to politics in a long time. I have to honestly say he is probably the best thing to happen to politics in a long time."

"Leadership is not yelling and screaming and intimidating. Leadership is getting on a bus and going city to city to talk to people and connect with them..."

"I don't care what his actual positions are, I don't care if he says the wrong thing. He says what's on his mind. He gives honest answers rather than prepared answers. This is more important than anything any candidate has done in years."

"I would prefer to be a Republican. The Republicans have a much bigger problem that will crush them in every Presidential election until this changes."

"The Republican Party does everything possible to discourage leadership. They want dogma. They want conformity. They want to conserve their romanticized past. That's a shame."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6hpgrwGIww

Away all Goats posted:

I like this cause it has Harlan's "where did he come from? hhow did he get there!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cad-E0Jp5qo

:sad:

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Kibner posted:

This Pels season is getting close to being the breaking point for me. Hopefully, they can start to play better in the next few games. Run a functional offense with movement that doesn't bog down into iso's or starting the offense with half the shot clock already gone.

We went on that confidence boosting run when Jrue came back and then immediately collapsed again.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Man Teams really are just playing 4v4 on the Spurs. With whoever is being guarded by Leonard just chilling in the corner pulling him away from the play.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

chunkles posted:

Old SAS goons in VR retirement homes telling their kids that LeBron would still dominate in the new world of basketball played to the death by 8-foot tall genetically engineered clones

Perhaps biogenetic clones/androids could recreate famous NBA games verbatim. Then we could finally pit famous teams against one another.

-1992 dream team vs. 2012 dream team.

-1996 Bulls vs. 1972 Bucks.

-1990 Pistons vs. 2004 Pistons.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

neither are wrong

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Kibner posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TknY89kECq0
Just let go

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Dexo posted:

Man Teams really are just playing 4v4 on the Spurs. With whoever is being guarded by Leonard just chilling in the corner pulling him away from the play.

It's like old basketball but worse

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

AggressivelyStupid posted:

It's like old basketball but worse
It's basically reverse isoball.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Spurs bad.
If they were good they'd never lose a game

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

According to this random instagram account, Donatas is in Houston and will show up for stuff tomorrow: https://www.instagram.com/salimdehkordi/

D-Mo's shirt: NEVER BACK DOWN.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
The Grizzlies own. Well, Marc Gasol owns. Hard.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Someone needs to do that to be continued meme on that derozan dunk.

Also Gorgui Dieng was an upperclassman and is Good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

The Hawks?

\edit: nvm guessed it

How embarrassing is this ? Seriously the sixers lost 24 straight games on the road and they come in our home court and beat us by double digits.. DOUBLE loving DIGITS. Alvin Gentry and Dell Demps have to go, this is freaking horrible. Never seen such a an idiotic coach before in my life and our gm is a loving moron too, the game plan is loving horrible. Our season is over. Buddy Hield is looking like a god drat bust. I am so mad right now i am literally shaking. We don't deserve AD..

Everyone was screaming that hield was bad too. Jesus . They passed on Murray!!!

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Did anyone post this yet? It's Larry Bird's birthday I guess, and they put together a reel. It's basically just 9 and a half minutes of Larry Bird telling everyone to gently caress off.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/12/08/nbas-new-larry-bird-highlight-video-will-blow-your-mind/

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

euphronius posted:

Everyone was screaming that hield was bad too. Jesus . They passed on Murray!!!

:smith:

Although Dunn is starting to maybe look like an actual NBA player from what I've seen the last couple games.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hey we got okafor instead of King Zing. It happens.
But got drat hield was so obvious.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Dr.Radical posted:

Did anyone post this yet? It's Larry Bird's birthday I guess, and they put together a reel. It's basically just 9 and a half minutes of Larry Bird telling everyone to gently caress off.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/12/08/nbas-new-larry-bird-highlight-video-will-blow-your-mind/

Major proclick.

Those passes starting at the 4:00 mark are otherworldly.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I think the take away is "don't draft Upperclassmen who don't already have an NBA ready skill"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

I think the take away is "don't draft Upperclassmen who don't already have an NBA ready skill"

Hield's shooting was supposed to be NBA ready.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Henchman of Santa posted:

Hield's shooting was supposed to be NBA ready.

Only if you ignored his first three years.

vvv fair, my point was mainly that his senior season was such a glaringly obvious outlier vvv

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Dec 9, 2016

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

Only if you ignored his first three years.

That's not really true, he shot .450/.380 as a sophmore.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

vvv fair, my point was mainly that his senior season was such a glaringly obvious outlier vvv
It was an outlier because he changed the mechanics of his shot. He hit 85/100 threes in a predraft gym workout, which is obscene. That's not terribly far off what Steph Curry can do in a gym session, which IIRC is about 90/100.

Sometimes players just struggle as they transition to the NBA. If this keeps up all season, then yes it's time to worry.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Paul Zuvella posted:

Or "don't draft them if you want a star" (not strictly true because Curry, but it's defintielty less likely), which is what I was going for.

Also definitely beware of guys who dramatically improve late in their college careers. Hield went from a pretty good but kind of inefficient chucker ticketed for the early second round to Literally Steph Curry as a senior

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Happy 12th anniversary of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jbtt6OGLms

Still my favorite T-Mac moment.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/807242896541941761

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Sheriff posted:

Happy 12th anniversary of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jbtt6OGLms

Still my favorite T-Mac moment.

That's good, but not as good as the time T-mac asked Robert Horry if he could put on one of his rings. Horry responded "Nah, you have to earn it" and T-mac looked like he'd been shot

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Cool Buff Man posted:

T-mac looked like he'd been shot
And then he shot Horry in the chest and said WHO'S THE BIG SHOT NOW MOTHERFUCKER

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Lockback posted:

I like him a lot for 20 minutes off the bench. Not so much as a starter. Probably passable, but definitely on the lower side of starting centers.

Plumlee is sorta the Ricky Rubio of centers. He doesn't give you the normal shot blocking, great rebounding or big body that fans expect from a center. Because of that he's very undervalued.

But he was 6th in VORP, 6th in BPM, 14th in WS and 17th in WS/48 among centers last season.

So by pretty much any metric he's an average or above average starting center.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

https://twitter.com/someonesanidiot/status/807073319170277376

• Locked thread