Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

borf posted:

Could someone elaborate on the combat bind wound?

Its something like:
/pause 2, /target "yourname"
/pause 2, /doability 1(or where ever you have bind wounds at)
/pause 2, /stand
/pause 2, /target a (mob name)
/attack on

You can skip the target mob name and just manually target too

Siets posted:

All this solo "go get 'em tiger" chatter (cool posts Pilsner and mool :)) has me considering coming back to Blue on my iksar necro. Thing is, I got him to 54 and just kinda... lost my way? I don't know high end EQ and did not have any interest in raiding. I'm totally into the idea of playing twinked alts, which is partially why I rolled necro. A great, versatile class that can easily solo farm a bunch of fun twink gear for my future empire of alts.

He's got the tools he needs from when I spent a few weeks going hardcore on EC Tunnel item flipping for cash: Jboots, CoS, and lots of INT and AC gear.

I guess I'm just wondering, what should I go do with this guy at 54? Are there spells I get between 54-60 that utterly change the game for necro that I should push for higher levels? What are some fun item farms that a necro could solo at that level? Looking for ideas.

My Garbage Mage is still like level 51, and down to duo.

I know Welt did Felwithe guards from like 50-something to like 58. Thats a big necro camp. Good cash.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Nov 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Dirt posted:

Its something like:
/pause 2, /target "yourname"
/pause 2, /doability 1(or where ever you have bind wounds at)
/pause 2, /stand
/pause 2, /target a (mob name)
/attack on

You can skip the target mob name and just manually target too

I used half of this and did the re-target and resume attacking myself, seem to work smoother

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I have been toying around with the idea of soloing a rogue or necro on red. My main is a super under geared warrior parked at 51 because i'm in KC, and don't have friends to port me around. I usually log in see if there is a group, and if there is play if not log off.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

I would advise doing the re-targeting manually also with a super quick tab + attack, the game is slow to do it via a macro. Here's the macro I used when I played:

/pause 3, /tar Zliz
/pause 1, /doability 1
/stand

If you have very low ping, you might be able to use /pause 2 in the first line, just experiment and see if it's reliable.

Can anyone recall if this was possible in real Classic times?

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
99% sure it was not possible. Bind wound got interrupted if you did anything, got hit, moved, etc. I remember trying to figure out ways to make it work on my rogue. Even using throwing weapons would make it fail.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

aparmenideanmonad posted:

99% sure it was not possible. Bind wound got interrupted if you did anything, got hit, moved, etc. I remember trying to figure out ways to make it work on my rogue. Even using throwing weapons would make it fail.

Even as it is on P99, it feels veryyy glitchy to use. I recall my monk on Red and having to be super picky about when to push buttan because otherwise the macro just wouldn't work.

Sure is sweet once you get the rhythm down though!

edit: Uhhhh did they do a character purge at some point? I just logged into Blue and none of my characters are there. :catstare:

edit2: Forgot I had two different login accounts. Found em. It's been too long!

Siets fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Nov 30, 2016

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Dirt posted:

I know Welt did Felwithe guards from like 50-something to like 58. Thats a big necro camp. Good cash.
Exp really slows down around 54-55, but yeah, good cash. Depending on your bag/weight limits you'll have to cash out every 20-40 kills.

moolchaba posted:

There was a thread about soloing a rogue to 60 and pretty much everyone said "can't be done." Hahahahahahaahahahahahaha. I'm retarded enough to prove them wrong.
This may be of use to you: ShowEQ mob info for vanilla and Kunark

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

moolchaba posted:

There was a thread about soloing a rogue to 60 and pretty much everyone said "can't be done." Hahahahahahaahahahahahaha. I'm retarded enough to prove them wrong.

Shine on, you crazy diamond.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Oh, and speaking of Rogue and Monk soloing, don't forget the wonder of Sneak pulling. When sneaking, you can throw at a mob, and the surrounding mobs will not assist you if you are indiff to them (due to sneaking and being behind them). It makes for a super easy pulling.

When I tested not so long ago, the Skipping stone still provided..... a certain benefit, shall we say, that made it great for throwing.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
I've been trying to find info on this but haven't come up with anything: how would I go about changing the password of one of my EQ accounts, ie, the login credentials I enter into the client, NOT the p1999 account.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Meatgrinder posted:

I've been trying to find info on this but haven't come up with anything: how would I go about changing the password of one of my EQ accounts, ie, the login credentials I enter into the client, NOT the p1999 account.

You have to do it through the eqemulator website under loginserver accounts. I just had to do it for my old account since I just reinstalled today and forgot all my old information.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

100% Dundee posted:

You have to do it through the eqemulator website under loginserver accounts. I just had to do it for my old account since I just reinstalled today and forgot all my old information.

Thanks, and welcome back!

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

This happened sometime this week, but I was looking for a transfer of items from EC to FoB and I've never had any trouble with Dial A Port doing this for me, but then Neto came along (no screenshots, c/p from log)

[Tue Dec 06 10:39:19 2016] Players in EverQuest:
[Tue Dec 06 10:39:19 2016] ---------------------------
[Tue Dec 06 10:39:19 2016] [51 Wanderer] Neto (Halfling) <Dial a Port> ZONE: northkarana
[Tue Dec 06 10:39:19 2016] [42 Wizard] Sirrau (Dark Elf) <Dial a Port> ZONE: commons
[Tue Dec 06 10:39:19 2016] There are 2 players in EverQuest.
[Tue Dec 06 10:40:10 2016] Cyarcus's spell fizzles!
[Tue Dec 06 10:40:11 2016] Cyarcus begins to cast a spell.
[Tue Dec 06 10:40:16 2016] Jakobus -> neto: hello friend, could I enlist your aid in a transfer between two characters in EC and one in Field of Bone? It involves weight reduction bags and cash, so if you have a Light Burlap Sack or a Bag of Sewn Evil eye it'd be tricky
[Tue Dec 06 10:40:19 2016] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
[Tue Dec 06 10:40:39 2016] You have entered West Freeport.
[Tue Dec 06 10:40:40 2016] Neto -> Jakobus: i have neither, i need 2 min though but i can help
[Tue Dec 06 10:40:40 2016] Besklor Tyrenson begins to cast a spell.
[Tue Dec 06 10:40:41 2016] Palon Deskeb begins to cast a spell.
[Tue Dec 06 10:40:55 2016] Jakobus -> Neto: oh I need to get my guys in place
[Tue Dec 06 10:41:00 2016] Jakobus -> Neto: so there's time
[Tue Dec 06 10:41:04 2016] Neto -> Jakobus: lmk

[Tue Dec 06 10:41:22 2016] Your gift of magic fades.
[Tue Dec 06 10:41:29 2016] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
[Tue Dec 06 10:41:45 2016] You have entered East Commonlands.
[Tue Dec 06 10:44:41 2016] Jakobus -> Neto: I'm in place and switching to Tombeer now, I'll see you when you get here

[Tue Dec 06 10:46:35 2016] Players in EverQuest:
[Tue Dec 06 10:46:35 2016] ---------------------------
[Tue Dec 06 10:46:35 2016] [ANONYMOUS] Neto
[Tue Dec 06 10:46:35 2016] There is 1 player in EverQuest.
[Tue Dec 06 10:48:24 2016] You told neto '[queued], I have 1279 pp on this guy, is 79 pp a good enough tip for your trouble?'
[Tue Dec 06 10:48:33 2016] Tatsumasa auctions, 'WTB stave of shielding, paying 3500, pst'
[Tue Dec 06 10:48:50 2016] You are thirsty.
[Tue Dec 06 10:48:50 2016] You are hungry.
[Tue Dec 06 10:48:50 2016] You are out of food and drink.
[Tue Dec 06 10:48:55 2016] You auction, 'WTS Crystal Fiber Tentacle Whip Sionachie's Partisan Crystal Grinder'
[Tue Dec 06 10:49:00 2016] Neto -> Tombeer: for 2 transfers and a run to FoB while im giving up all of my porting?
[Tue Dec 06 10:49:09 2016] Neto -> Tombeer: not to mention the run to EC shady?

[Tue Dec 06 10:49:10 2016] Korwil auctions, 'WTB column of lightning, circle of force PST'
[Tue Dec 06 10:49:15 2016] Tombeer -> Neto: That's why I'm asking
[Tue Dec 06 10:49:19 2016] Tombeer -> Neto: I have no idea
[Tue Dec 06 10:49:25 2016] Neto -> Tombeer: you think 79pp is good enough for 30 min of my time?

[Tue Dec 06 10:49:36 2016] You are thirsty.
[Tue Dec 06 10:49:36 2016] You are hungry.
[Tue Dec 06 10:49:36 2016] You are out of food and drink.
[Tue Dec 06 10:49:45 2016] Tombeer -> Neto: alright, never mind, I'll find someone else, you seem pretty bitchy
[Tue Dec 06 10:49:47 2016] Tombeer -> Neto: thanks

[Tue Dec 06 10:49:48 2016] It will take you about 30 seconds to prepare your camp.
[Tue Dec 06 10:49:50 2016] Neto -> Tombeer: k go gently caress yourself

I did a /who all 44 60 druid and messaged a random guy in gfay who was apparently powerleveling some newbie he found and gearing him. He did my transfers, I told him he could take as much money as he wanted - and he took 79 pp. I threw in a Savant's Cap and a choker for the guy he was leveling.

loving autistics in this game, man.

Arakan
May 10, 2008

After some persuasion, Fluttershy finally opens up, and Twilight's more than happy to oblige in doing her best performance as a nice, obedient wolf-puppy.
Yea 79pp is dogshit for all that work I wouldn't have done it either. Pay up for peoples time.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Arakan posted:

Yea 79pp is dogshit for all that work I wouldn't have done it either. Pay up for peoples time.

Which I would have, if he'd told me what a reasonable price was instead of being a bitchy prick who assumes I'm trying to rip him off.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

Meatgrinder posted:

Which I would have, if he'd told me what a reasonable price was instead of being a bitchy prick who assumes I'm trying to rip him off.

If you still need help, my wizard can get between Shady and FoB in like 5 mins now that evac restrictions have been removed. I'll idle on Klaymen around 3pm EST

Never Been Banned
Sep 7, 2004
Okay well, maybe once...
Man. I really hate that RMT is so verboten on this server. Now that Ive been out of the game for a year or so and am confident I'm not coming back i have a poweful urge to liquidate my warrior's awesome equipment and plat and no way to do it. When i was 15 or so i got paid a few grand when i quit EQ. This time i'm just left wondering WTF to do with all this wealth i labored so hard to get. Do you guys think theres a chance this server may do luclin or custom content to extend its lifespan,or is it just going to die slowly by attrition and end when the devs lose interest completely? I hate the thought of just letting the character rot idly if the server is just going to end in 6 months or a year or whatever, but it might be worth holding on to everything if there's a chance for more content of any kind somewhere down the line.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Never Been Banned posted:

Man. I really hate that RMT is so verboten on this server. Now that Ive been out of the game for a year or so and am confident I'm not coming back i have a poweful urge to liquidate my warrior's awesome equipment and plat and no way to do it. When i was 15 or so i got paid a few grand when i quit EQ. This time i'm just left wondering WTF to do with all this wealth i labored so hard to get. Do you guys think theres a chance this server may do luclin or custom content to extend its lifespan,or is it just going to die slowly by attrition and end when the devs lose interest completely? I hate the thought of just letting the character rot idly if the server is just going to end in 6 months or a year or whatever, but it might be worth holding on to everything if there's a chance for more content of any kind somewhere down the line.

This server is never going past Velious.

It will probably be another year before they even get to the last Velious updates(Chardok 2.0, CT 2.0, Stonebrunt Mountains).

When Velious finally came out there was talk of a new "fresh" server that would start with classic and go through the two expansions over a certain timeline, but I doubt that ever happens either.

Give your wealth away to goons who still play!

Dirt fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Dec 9, 2016

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

posting to say

can i have ur stuff?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

your stuff

i must has it

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Reinstalling for some dumb reason. Maybe I'll powerlevel some peeps.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Help fund a poor warrior/cleric. Donate to the Thistledown fund today.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

PS: You are actually a poor, but I wish you well on getting other people banned. If you want to stop playing just stop, no need to get all sweat-of-my-brow about it. The cool thing about this server is that anyone with a modicum of nostalgia can spend the hours and get involved and some fraction of the people that just try to buy in without it get stopped. That's really the only unique thing about it among EQ servers at this point.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

Meatgrinder posted:

I did a /who all 44 60 druid and messaged a random guy in gfay who was apparently powerleveling some newbie he found and gearing him. He did my transfers, I told him he could take as much money as he wanted - and he took 79 pp. I threw in a Savant's Cap and a choker for the guy he was leveling.

loving autistics in this game, man.
To be fair, most people in DAP are there to earn cash while porting. Maybe he was a tad quick to insult...but I'd feel quite slighted for all that effort. I'm not sure if it's a fair reference...but when I was active on P99 I wouldn't tip less than 100p for a single person port, and those were often with me already at the pickup spot. If you've got cash for WR bags and presumably some twink items in them, don't be a stingy dick on port delivery services.

TLDR; tip more.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

gepgepgep posted:

To be fair, most people in DAP are there to earn cash while porting. Maybe he was a tad quick to insult...but I'd feel quite slighted for all that effort. I'm not sure if it's a fair reference...but when I was active on P99 I wouldn't tip less than 100p for a single person port, and those were often with me already at the pickup spot. If you've got cash for WR bags and presumably some twink items in them, don't be a stingy dick on port delivery services.

TLDR; tip more.

From what my guild told me, it is level based. I pay 25pp for a port and this seems to cause no complaints. I extrapolated from there, and asked the guy whether that was what he expected beforehand, rather than trying to rip him off.

I never assumed what the tip would have to be, hence the question. I never contested it was too low. I just object to the way people sometimes exhibit poor social skills in an environment that is, to me, basically a chat channel with a neat GUI.

Klaymen, thank you very much for your offer! I have been able to get the gear transferred without too much hussle :)

Arakan
May 10, 2008

After some persuasion, Fluttershy finally opens up, and Twilight's more than happy to oblige in doing her best performance as a nice, obedient wolf-puppy.

Just use redguides like everyone else when they quit??

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I personally never want to play EQ past Velious. Super content to level alts in an old school time capsule game with a steep leveling curve that will keep me coming back between breaks. I hope the server sticks around for a good while longer.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

As someone who fell out of EQ way back when but is idly playing P99, why is Luclin / etc hated so much? Velious seems cool as gently caress -- what did the later expansions gently caress up so badly?

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Pathos posted:

As someone who fell out of EQ way back when but is idly playing P99, why is Luclin / etc hated so much? Velious seems cool as gently caress -- what did the later expansions gently caress up so badly?

Luclin owns and I don't get the hate at all.

The EC tunnel is cancer and miss the Bazaar a lot.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Luclin owns and AA is a great system that I wish more games had adopted.

A lot of people hate Luclin because the Nexus portals shrunk the world down a bit (if you sat at them for 0-15 minutes and waited), Luclin added a new race and so it has it's own leveling path and that was the point where items started getting pretty absurd.

I never really got the complaints about the Nexus portals though because they just ported you to Wizard spires. It wasn't like they added a bunch of new locations to port to/from. I guess if you were a Wizard you lost a lot of plat from porting but I think Druid ports were still useful.

I don't really get why the community thinks vanilla-Velious is "classic", for me it was Vanilla-PoP; fighting the gods made sense to me as the end of the "classic" era. Once WoW came out EQ got a little absurd, although OoW was nice.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Pathos posted:

Short story? PoK, Bazaar and AAs.

Personally, it felt weird that the expansion was like "we're going to the mooooooooooooooon!" And I didn't like the BL class.

I really enjoyed the Nexus Portal system, where they sound off before they port, you hail them for the port key and you get ported when the spell goes off. I liked AAs as a thing to grind after lvl cap. I really, really liked the NO DROP items littered all over and most people giving that poo poo away (which I eventually did when I started doing those zones).

Also, after Luclin was PoP and that was sick as gently caress.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Playing on Phinny, I admit to liking Luclin raiding in that the zones aren't 10 miles of nothing to run across to get to the raid. And that's with bard speed.

The bazaar is much better than the stupid EC tunnel poo poo, and AAs always give you something to do. I'd agree that the moon as a location feels a bit odd, but it's EQ, so it's really just another set of squares to run around in.

New models always have been and always will be poo poo though, and anyone who says otherwise is just wrong :colbert:

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I kinda wish there was a goon presence on the Al'kabor Server. It goes up to PoP. I feel like that would be fun, and it has a ton of zones I've never really messed with.

I tried it for a bit, but it has some obvious issues like peak time is like ~150 people. Also the client is weird and you can't zone out with the middle mouse button

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Luclin launch was total loving lol if you remember.

Besides all the aliens in the end it was a p good xpac imo.

I tip DAP 50pp each run, wether it's a port = log other char = port again or not.

Service folks always remember a good tipper!

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004
When I played on live originally, the first time I got into "high end" raiding content while it was "current" was in Luclin and therefore that will always be my favorite expansion. I started playing as Kunark came out so I was never high enough to do that content before Velious was released and then when I eventually got into Velious raiding it was already old news and everyone was geared to the teeth, sleeper was released, etc. Racing other guilds for Ssra bosses, burrower, Vex Thal aliens, etc are some of my favorite gaming memories ever.

Farming the parts for the Vex Thal key on the other hand, not so much.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

It's going too fast.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

moolchaba posted:

It's going too fast.

God drat. You're a machine!

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

moolchaba posted:

It's going too fast.

I look forward to the level 60 retrospective post

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Post your gear! I am trying to solo my 59 warrior to 60 but it is so slow. Raid exp is faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Never Been Banned
Sep 7, 2004
Okay well, maybe once...

Pratan posted:

Post your gear! I am trying to solo my 59 warrior to 60 but it is so slow. Raid exp is faster.

On my warrior i did 59 to 60 in The Hole. Duoing with a shaman it took only like 5 hours or so.