Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

What's the preferred OSX or Windows program for saving SMS/texts from an iPhone to a text file?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

porktree posted:

Is there anything that can read from a Calibre library? I have my library on dropbox, and can always download from there into iBooks - but it'd be nice if there was a frontend browser to pick and read books.

Sorry if you know this already and it's not what you're looking for but Calibre has a built in server for that. It's under preferences, and once you turn it on you can use safari on your phone/iPad to go to your computer's IP:8096(or whatever port you choose) and calibre serves up a nice (mobile and desktop) interface for surfing your collection. You can click on a book and it'll let you open it in iBooks.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hey guys so I'm looking to put my iPad to good use for work. I need something that can draw/markup images. Ideally something that can draw straight lines or polygons (line by line). Most sketching/markups do this (some not really good at it) but what I'd love is something that lets me shade/highlight the area inside the polygon. I've yet to see something that has that.

Adobe Sketch can do all that.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
In Overcast, is there an easy way to play through the backlog of a single podcast? Like if I want to start listening at Episode #1 from several years ago and continue through in order without having to download all 150 episodes at once and without having to scroll down to the bottom of that feed and manually download the next one each time. Playlists seem to only consider episodes that are already downloaded.

I guess I could just set up a playlist for that feed from oldest to newest and then go in and download a dozen or so episodes at a time but that seems like so much extra work and my fingers are tired.

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

withak posted:

In Overcast, is there an easy way to play through the backlog of a single podcast? Like if I want to start listening at Episode #1 from several years ago and continue through in order without having to download all 150 episodes at once and without having to scroll down to the bottom of that feed and manually download the next one each time. Playlists seem to only consider episodes that are already downloaded.

I guess I could just set up a playlist for that feed from oldest to newest and then go in and download a dozen or so episodes at a time but that seems like so much extra work and my fingers are tired.

Set the download option to stream, add all the episodes in the podcast (they'll have the cloud icon in each episode but won't actually download) and then sort them by oldest first with the unplayed button in the podcast options

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

CaptainCrunch posted:

Sorry if you know this already and it's not what you're looking for but Calibre has a built in server for that. It's under preferences, and once you turn it on you can use safari on your phone/iPad to go to your computer's IP:8096(or whatever port you choose) and calibre serves up a nice (mobile and desktop) interface for surfing your collection. You can click on a book and it'll let you open it in iBooks.

Yes. I have run that before. I guess I should go ahead and set it up again, its been quite a few versions ago since I ran it last. Thanks for the reminder.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

The Gillman posted:

Set the download option to stream, add all the episodes in the podcast (they'll have the cloud icon in each episode but won't actually download) and then sort them by oldest first with the unplayed button in the podcast options

Even if I do this, it only shows episodes that I have manually hit the "download" button for, which saves me absolutely zero wear and tear on my fingers.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
There's definitely a way to download all old episodes. I just did it.

I think this was the way:

Go to the podcast you subcribed to.
Click on "All" tab.
Press the "All" button that will appear in the top-right corner.
A dialog should appear that will download everything.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

porktree posted:

Yes. I have run that before. I guess I should go ahead and set it up again, its been quite a few versions ago since I ran it last. Thanks for the reminder.

Glad I could help.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

~Coxy posted:

There's definitely a way to download all old episodes. I just did it.

I think this was the way:

Go to the podcast you subcribed to.
Click on "All" tab.
Press the "All" button that will appear in the top-right corner.
A dialog should appear that will download everything.

Yeah that's what I ended up doing. It queues the entire backlog for streaming and then those episodes can appear in playlists.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

What's the best way to do snapchat-esque photo edits really quickly and easily? Mspaint stuff like adding text or paintbrush to circle things etc

Don't mind paying a couple bucks

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Just use markup built into iOS ?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Oh, heh. I assumed there was something for ios. I'm really not trying to start a dumb discussion here but I'm still on iOS 9.3 due to jailbreak :kiddo:

or is it there already and I somehow can't find it

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

update your phone and you can do it.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
IOS10 is real bad, though. Much better to get a dedicated app to do it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Actually iOS10 owns.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
iOS10 is Merely Good

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

I'm mostly ok with iOS 10 except they made the control center stupid.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I'm sure ios10 is well and good but uh ya so what's a good app to do this

simplyhorribul
Jul 30, 2013
Are there any "Ban these websites/apps for certain amount of time"-killswitch app like Focus on Mac? I really need one that forcefully bans things, so apps like "Forest" is good for nothing (since gently caress trees, I rather check out my Facebook). I know websites can be banned all together, but that's not unfortunately an option for me.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
Could someone drop the name of that sticker pack mentioned a month or so ago? It had cats.

What are the good sticker packs?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

decypher posted:

What are the good free sticker packs?

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I'm sure ios10 is well and good but uh ya so what's a good app to do this
I always used to use Skitch for this kind of stuff. Haven't used it for like a year though so can't vouch for if it's gone to poo poo or not though.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Looks like just what I need sorted thanks!

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

The Awful app just added a forum smilies sticker pack so you can bombard your friends with :captainpop: and the like in iMessage.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

decypher posted:

Could someone drop the name of that sticker pack mentioned a month or so ago? It had cats.

Pusheen

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pusheen and the Pokemon one are top tier.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mario Run and Pac-Man 256 stickers

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

The greatest flaw of iOS 10 was that it didn't ship with a pusheen sticker pack

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Do you guys know is there a good app for keeping track of what's shot on an SD card? Shooting something tonight on my own and need a quick way of tracking rolls.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Only tangentially related to the post above - is there anything that can compare some photos on an SD card taken from a DSLR and, I guess based on the timestamp, inject estimated location data into them?

So e.g. on a bunch of holiday snaps, I can upload the DSLR photo to iCloud and it can group them into a "Holiday in LocationX" memory/album and show up on a map?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

There are convoluted ways of doing that.. you can get GPS loggers that produce (I think) an xml file, then you get some geotagging software to compare timestamps of photos and assign coordinates based on the GPS log.

Software such as Lightroom has geotagging features too, you get a google maps interface, move to a location, select a photo, and press a button to write the GPS coordinates to the photo.

A "clean" way of doing that entirely on an iPhone, I don't know of a way to do that. I do have an app called "Investigator" that lets you view and edit image metadata, but it's more meant to be used with the camera roll and not bulk edits on an SD card.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Thanks for the help! I kinda assumed there'd be no totally automated way for it but now I know what to look for.

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?
With the new TV app replacing Videos, it looks as if they’ve done away with home sharing in 10.2. Is there an app out there that does it? I’ve seen a couple of places around the web that claim you can re-download the Videos app, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. I’m considering setting up Plex, but managing TV shows looks like it’s going to be a pain in the rear end.

Edit: gave up and went back to 10.1.1

SaintFu fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Dec 14, 2016

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

decypher posted:

First question: Pusheen

Second question: Pusheen

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I believe :parrot: has its own sticker pack too

werewerewolf
Mar 22, 2001

decypher posted:

Sticker Pals?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sticker-pals!-700-stickers/id1128233487

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

SaintFu posted:

With the new TV app replacing Videos, it looks as if they’ve done away with home sharing in 10.2. Is there an app out there that does it? I’ve seen a couple of places around the web that claim you can re-download the Videos app, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. I’m considering setting up Plex, but managing TV shows looks like it’s going to be a pain in the rear end.

Edit: gave up and went back to 10.1.1

Plex + filebot = awesome

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

Anyone do any music creation/editing with iOS? Korg Gadget has been awesome to me and just added two more instruments. The Wavestation gadget is so much fun I've kind of gotten lost in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I'm studying for a professional exam and I have a stack of double sided flash cards I take with me everywhere I go. Can anyone recommend an app I can use to turn these cards into something I can review on my phone?

I was thinking of trying this AnkiApps Flashcards app: https://www.ankiapp.com/

I'm open to any app suggestions or other ways to efficiently get them on my phone.