Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I need to get back into this game. I played it a ton for the first few months when it came out but a number of frustrating things about the game just stacked up until I just didn't want to play anymore, but it sounds like a lot of stuff has been fixed? Are there any plans to do anything more interesting with T-hunt in season 2? While I pretty much just played multiplayer I did enjoy a good T-hunt from time to time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

BadLlama posted:

I need to get back into this game. I played it a ton for the first few months when it came out but a number of frustrating things about the game just stacked up until I just didn't want to play anymore, but it sounds like a lot of stuff has been fixed? Are there any plans to do anything more interesting with T-hunt in season 2? While I pretty much just played multiplayer I did enjoy a good T-hunt from time to time.
It's season 5 (season 1 of year 2), but no, there's not a word about terrorist hunt.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Having finally got around to playing Doom, I can say with confidence that R6* really needs to implement Vulkan as an option.

*and every other game

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Hey Hard, would you be able to let us know if there will be a point where a weekly challenge requiring a DLC operator will give out a charm for it, or anything other than XP/Renown. Because As much as I was going to pick my next operator to unlock I may as well just save up until it's required to get the Echo charm or whatever in the coming weeks considering it takes like 72 hours of playtime for me to unlock a single dlc character.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

Ularg posted:

I don't know how you're supposed to use any of the non-dlc operator shotguns and get any kills unless people are just straight up terrible. I've seen people use lasers and others tell me to never use lasers. I've seen people always hipfire and always ADS. I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing. I also envy anyone that can make a non-acog work. Saw a thermite with Holo sight and I just wouldn't be able to do anything with that. Not only is an acog required to look inside rooms, without the magnification enemies are just too loving tiny to see.

Also, didn't know this was even possible:

Here is my completely scientific and totally factual guide on how to fire each shotgun in the game starting with my favorite:

Saiga (Russian Ops): don't ADS, just dump.
Super90 (Frost): Both, just dump.
Master Key (Buck): Don't ADS, just dump. Also not recommended for killing.
M1014 (FBI OPS): Don't ADS, just dump.
CQB (GIGN OPS): ADS, be on their nuts before firing.
M590 (SAS OPS): ADS, be on their nuts before firing.
M870 (GSG9 OPS): Don't ADS, just dump.
SPAS12 (Val): ADS, just dump.
SPAS15 (Cav): Both, just dump.
Supernova (Kawaii desu OPS): ADS, be on their nuts before firing.

I hope this helps.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I shot a M590 at someone 5 times before hitting with that piece of poo poo. But they didn't manage to kill me before I landed the sixth so

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am confused by the wording of the Siege Year 2 Gold Edition. Does it include the Season 1 pass or do I still need to buy that too? I am retarded, sorry.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

I said come in! posted:

I am confused by the wording of the Siege Year 2 Gold Edition. Does it include the Season 1 pass or do I still need to buy that too? I am retarded, sorry.

Season 2 pass does not include Season 1 rewards or operators, there is a bundle in the ingame store to unlock the Year 1 operators if you wish to buy them instead of grind them out. But it will be a separate purchase from the Y2 pass.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Year 2 Gold Edition = base game + Year 2 Season Pass
Complete Edition = base game + Year 2 Season Pass + Legacy Operators Bundle(year 1 operators)

edit:Legacy Operators Bundle also available separately in the ingame store iirc.

lohli fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Dec 9, 2016

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
e: ^^ Exactly

Revelation 2-13 posted:

I'm not so sure I like the weird, 'lower/higher certainty', more accurate, part of the mmr system Since it's based on wins/losses it's essentially just an ELO system, but imagine if chess rankings had a part where the more games you've played the less points you gain/lose per game? That doesn't make sense at all. I'm not sure I entirely understand it though.

For example, if I play the first 100 matches with my goofball friends who are even more terrible than me, the system thinks it has figured my skill out and reduce the uncertainty of my skill evaluation, leading to lower gains/decreases in mmr-points, right? Meaning, once I ditch those losers I'll have a harder time moving up the ranks, because the system thinks it has pinpointed my skill with a low degree of uncertainty (or can the system re-evaluate? Like, oh boy, I sure pegged that dude wrong, he is winning all his matches now! Or is that just each 'season' reset?). Thought experiment: I lose the first 100 matches and win the next 100 matches (massively improving my ability) as I understand this system, that will get ranked lower than winning 100 matches, then losing 100 matches (a massive degradation in your ability). Right?

In the end it seems like this means that if you want to move up the ranks, you shouldn't play with newbies or bad friends, because it will literally make it harder for you to move up the ranks at a later point (even if your actual, real, skill doesn't change). If that is the case, then the system massively emphasizes playing with good players, "rewarding" (I know rank is not a reward) that play style even more than these types of games usually, and already, do (teamwork OP!). Realistically, you'll contribute 20% to your wins/losses, while other players contribute 80%, over enough games those 20% will be the deciding factor, but that only really holds true if you're playing solo, and if you're getting less and less points, depending on how well you did initially, doesn't that sorta gently caress the system up?

The system attributed your initial rank based on the performance your team had in the placement matches yes but will constantly reevaluate depending on your streak and who you play against. Using 100 matches as an example is kind of intense since theres no way you're going to lose/win 100 games in a row. ( Unless you're that guy on reddit who aimed for copper1) Having bad placement matches won't ''stain'' your progression forever if you prove the system wrong by winning your next ranked matches.

You said it yourself the Ranks are not meant to act as rewards but more to ensure that you are in the right bracket and have fun ''fair'' matches against equally skilled players. If you're in squad with your friends while you being more skilled won't drag you down much since the system will try to match you against a fair group composed of your tryhard alterego and 4 other scrubs counterparts. Your copper friends won't have fun being matched against a 5-man plats squad as much as the plats won't really enjoy steamrolling your squad. (Well maybe but that's not manageable yet)

I do believe that everyone improves at their own pace and that a team with good comms can work wonders but if you feel like your internet buddies are a hindrance in your ascension to internet fame&glory then yeah, tell them to git gud or ditch them and queue solo.

Also to be noted that next season shouldn't hard reset like it did for season4. This was a major change and the reset was necessary but unless a major flaw has been found you should expect a soft reset like the previous seasons.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Speaking of chess rankings, as a former amateur chess player I must say that it indeed takes more accomplishment to acquire each consecutive sports rank in chess. Sure you may drink half a cup of krokodil and start channeling your inner Kasparov, but the likelihood of such event equals to that of 100 win streak in Siege.

The problem in the last paragraph is the lack of individual player evaluations, which, if you think about it, is a blessing in disguise, since otherwise the player base would just abuse the relevant set of mechanics to jack off their points. Either though is a consequence of mentality where the competitive ranking of an individual is perceived as a reward or a strictly personal accomplishment, while it actually is just a quantitative measure describing the overall performance of a generic enemy team you face.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lohli posted:

Year 2 Gold Edition = base game + Year 2 Season Pass
Complete Edition = base game + Year 2 Season Pass + Legacy Operators Bundle(year 1 operators)

edit:Legacy Operators Bundle also available separately in the ingame store iirc.

Oooh okay, so there's no extra maps? That's the only thing I care about. I don't want to miss out on any extra maps.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

All maps are free, because Hard n' folks are good and nice people with good faces and fine bodies. I assume.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I said come in! posted:

Oooh okay, so there's no extra maps? That's the only thing I care about. I don't want to miss out on any extra maps.

All maps are free for everyone

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Hard posted:

e: ^^ Exactly

The system attributed your initial rank based on the performance your team had in the placement matches yes but will constantly reevaluate depending on your streak and who you play against. Using 100 matches as an example is kind of intense since theres no way you're going to lose/win 100 games in a row. ( Unless you're that guy on reddit who aimed for copper1) Having bad placement matches won't ''stain'' your progression forever if you prove the system wrong by winning your next ranked matches.

You said it yourself the Ranks are not meant to act as rewards but more to ensure that you are in the right bracket and have fun ''fair'' matches against equally skilled players. If you're in squad with your friends while you being more skilled won't drag you down much since the system will try to match you against a fair group composed of your tryhard alterego and 4 other scrubs counterparts. Your copper friends won't have fun being matched against a 5-man plats squad as much as the plats won't really enjoy steamrolling your squad. (Well maybe but that's not manageable yet)

I do believe that everyone improves at their own pace and that a team with good comms can work wonders but if you feel like your internet buddies are a hindrance in your ascension to internet fame&glory then yeah, tell them to git gud or ditch them and queue solo.

Also to be noted that next season shouldn't hard reset like it did for season4. This was a major change and the reset was necessary but unless a major flaw has been found you should expect a soft reset like the previous seasons.

That's really cool, thanks for explaining it.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Everybody gets the maps no matter what. You can even get the DLC operators through Renown if you grind your rear end off.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Black Griffon posted:

All maps are free, because Hard n' folks are good and nice people with good faces and fine bodies. I assume.

B-but UBISoft game??? :eyepop: Thank you for the heads up! I'm gonna just buy the $40 version then. This is very good news.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

I said come in! posted:

B-but UBISoft game??? :eyepop:

With Siege, Ubisoft are trying a new strategy called "maybe if we don't treat consumers like poo poo, Vivendi won't buy us out as easily." :v:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

IceOrb posted:

Here is my completely scientific and totally factual guide on how to fire each shotgun in the game starting with my favorite:

Saiga (Russian Ops): don't ADS, just dump.
Super90 (Frost): Both, just dump.
Master Key (Buck): Don't ADS, just dump. Also not recommended for killing.
M1014 (FBI OPS): Don't ADS, just dump.
CQB (GIGN OPS): ADS, be on their nuts before firing.
M590 (SAS OPS): ADS, be on their nuts before firing.
M870 (GSG9 OPS): Don't ADS, just dump.
SPAS12 (Val): ADS, just dump.
SPAS15 (Cav): Both, just dump.
Supernova (Kawaii desu OPS): ADS, be on their nuts before firing.

I hope this helps.

The Supernova is a definite oddity in the game so far because it's doing semi-auto damage with a pump action fire rate. So you're sort of doubly screwed, though there is the SMG to fall back on.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

I said come in! posted:

B-but UBISoft game??? :eyepop: Thank you for the heads up! I'm gonna just buy the $40 version then. This is very good news.

With how well Siege has been going I think Ubisoft has completely forgotten they own Siege and the developers behind it.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

uPlay hasn't eaten my save for the game so it must be an anomaly.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Uplay logging me out all the time is making having the two step verification really annoying :(

When I get home I normally throw my phone into a corner and don't touch it until the next day but now I need to have it in my hand even if I haven't logged out

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
first you're wrong about windows and now you're wrong about phone usage

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
hong kong op's special ability is to throw a fake iphone into the defender's safe space and then call it. if they go to answer it , it automatically marks their position for the rest of the round.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Thief posted:

hong kong op's special ability is to throw a fake iphone into the defender's safe space and then call it. if they go to answer it , it automatically marks their position for the rest of the round.
Why fake iPhone when you can have Samsung Galaxy Note 7? :smug:

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

The Duggler posted:

Uplay logging me out all the time is making having the two step verification really annoying :(

When I get home I normally throw my phone into a corner and don't touch it until the next day but now I need to have it in my hand even if I haven't logged out

This happened to me every night I would attempt to logon. You'd punch in your creds for uPlay, but then Uplay friends would be offline. So you'd click online and it would punt you out and make you logon again with your authenticator.

I ended up removing two factor.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Someone did this as a mod for GTAV and Samsung threw the biggest tantrum over it :lol:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Why do you think the bomber AI explode when you shoot their phone?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JP4wBRF3DY

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

What am I looking for here? The glass shield reflecting on the wall?

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

God drat it Strangelove what I'm i suppose to look at :saddowns:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

The floating blackbeard shield after-images.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
He was shielding too fast.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Me and my terrible friends are screwing around at the bronze/silver level, got matched against a silver and 4 coppers. Lost 200 points and got downgraded by 2 ranks. Harsh.

E:Usually get like 50 points on a win :(

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
https://twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/status/807321096278122496

Hard fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Dec 9, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:yikes:

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Does Matchmaking not work for anyone? I get queued with a team and then we take forever to find a game and eventually error out

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

CortezFantastic posted:

Does Matchmaking not work for anyone? I get queued with a team and then we take forever to find a game and eventually error out
Sorry it's the official evening of the broken multiplayer. Path of Exile instances are crashing, Battlefield 1 party invites are going AWOL.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Are you the one holding the cue card he's obviously reading from? :allears:

Please do this more often though, would be neat to put actual names and faces to our favorite operators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I want the bleached blond no helmet only a good, jeans, and a pinky ring skin.

• Locked thread