Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Love the sweater on Bonnie in the illustration. Also Jacket not understanding which holiday is this :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
what the hell is with the escape on this heist

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Kikas posted:

Love the sweater on Bonnie in the illustration. Also Jacket not understanding which holiday is this :allears:

Jimmy's a snowman.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

How does this look for an Anarchist LBV build using a Loco and either an AMR-16 or Raven, all with silencers? My main concern is once you put the DMR kit on the AMR it has jack for ammo. It would be nice to be able to stick Fully loaded on there, but there are just no points for it. I need one more infamy for it, and the final Anarchist skill. It just doesn't without that constant armor boost. The stability boosts are kind of useless for shotguns, but the AMR seems like it can really use it.

http://pd2weapons.com/l/83bc40436d6f59e9e126fd8bb5a1955e

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Dec 15, 2016

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Yes. Pretty much any weapon can be used to murder cops on ovk.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Crabtree posted:

Now its just trying to keep 10 civvies alive around a tree with plenty of corners and floors for tasers to sit and be

Absolutely go for it on normal. The group I was with did it with a ton of sentries.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

In 2.5 hours from this post, we will be tackling euro bag simulator, and then 1d cheevos. We have 2 spots left.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I'm surprised it's not 3 spots left, because gross :v:

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF

Drewjitsu posted:

euro bag simulator

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Drewjitsu posted:

In 2.5 hours from this post, we will be tackling euro bag simulator, and then 1d cheevos. We have 2 spots left.

Need 1D stuff but going to be eating then. If at 9PM CST there's room for 1 I will jump in.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The new map is great.

https://gfycat.com/NextResponsibleIceblueredtopzebra

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Not carrying a single beta improvement over to the main branch, on the other hand, is awful. New map is good though, so whoever made it deserves some good feedback, but maybe they could fix the balance problems already? Feels like it's taking a lot longer than usual from previous "classic Overkill blunder -> fixing it" cycles.

Psion fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Dec 9, 2016

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
mayhem's still hosed

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Psion posted:

Not carrying a single beta improvement over to the main branch, on the other hand, is awful. New map is good though, so whoever made it deserves some good feedback, but maybe they could fix the balance problems already? Feels like it's taking a lot longer than usual from previous "classic Overkill blunder -> fixing it" cycles.

It is shockingly inept how Overkill, instead of fixing the handful of balance issues it had before, created a shitload of more issues with a single change and is going about fixing those problems in the most obtuse way possible.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Speaking of!

quote:

Beta changes

Hitman - Tooth and Claw - Armor now recover after 1.5 seconds instead of 5.
Cavity 9 mm - Changed to DMR assault rifle sub type ( damage is increased from 65 to 160 )
Cavity 9 mm - Accuracy reduced by 8
Cavity 9 mm - Concealment increased by 2
Cavity 9 mm - Ammo capacity from 99 to 66
Broomstick - Damage from 37 to 65
Broomstick - Ammo from 150 to 90
Broomstick - Accuracy from 44 to 80
Broomstick - Rof from 480 yo 361
Broomstick - Precision Barrel - Damage from -3 to +110
Broomstick - Precision Barrel - accuracy from +12 to -8
Broomstick - Precision Barrel - stability from +4 to +8
Broomstick - Precision Barrel - Ammo cap is now reduced by 45
Fire axe, Spear, Gold Fever, Great Sword, Ice Pick, Pitch Fork, katana and Chain Whip went from 70(450) to 30(200)
Brawler - Bloodthirst - Now stacks up to 1600% instead of 300%
GSPS 12G - Ammo from 42 to 28
GSPS 12G - Damage from 90 to 155
Police can only use flashbangs every 15 seconds (instead of 4)

??????

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I'm glad the beta fork is back at least but I'm not glad to see them trying to fix symptoms instead of problems.

also, the Broomstick, wtf. Who even uses that, ever? I'm not even going to start on the Cavity.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Psion posted:

I'm glad the beta fork is back at least but I'm not glad to see them trying to fix symptoms instead of problems.

also, the Broomstick, wtf. Who even uses that, ever? I'm not even going to start on the Cavity.

I remember the Cavity being pretty boss like when they put it in the game, but they also put the buzzer TICKLE STICK in and it completely overshadowed the Cavity.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The Broomstick's precision barrel reduces accuracy in the beta?

The Cavity being a proper DMR is great, though.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

FAUXTON posted:

I remember the Cavity being pretty boss like when they put it in the game, but they also put the buzzer TICKLE STICK in and it completely overshadowed the Cavity.

you are confusing the Nova's Shank for the Cavity. the Cavity is a 9mm shooty iron.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Coolguye posted:

you are confusing the Nova's Shank for the Cavity. the Cavity is a 9mm shooty iron.

The cavity and buzzer were both released with the Golden Grin, and though the cavity was a pretty great gun at the time everyone understandably focused their attention on the thing that let you tase tasers and stop charging cloakers.

That's how I read Faux's comment anyhow

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Why do they keep making swat flashbangs weaker? I could understand if it was per difficulty, but every 15 seconds makes them a total nonissue.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Dr Cheeto posted:

The Broomstick's precision barrel reduces accuracy in the beta?

I just checked, it does.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

Why do they keep making swat flashbangs weaker? I could understand if it was per difficulty, but every 15 seconds makes them a total nonissue.

ostensibly to make stun resistance less of an absolutely vital skill, potentially as a larger push to make cops use them more intelligently instead of just pooping one out for vaguely definable reasons.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I don't think Overkill understands the word "precision".

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Discendo Vox posted:

We'll soon find out the flash lasts 14.9 seconds with Resilience Ace.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

The broomstick seems like it could be pretty okay as an alternative to the bronco. Especially since it can take a suppressor to go up to 220 damage or something before pistol skills. I'm not sure, though. It also depends on whether they remember to nerf the pickup rate.

26 concealment seems on the low end for a dodge build once you factor in the+1 from the suppressor concealment skill and the -3 from the barrel, though.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

22 Eargesplitten posted:

It also depends on whether they remember to nerf the pickup rate.

Most guns just use the base total ammo count to calculate pickup, there isn't a separate variable they'd need to change in this case.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

John Murdoch posted:

Fire axe, Spear, Gold Fever, Great Sword, Ice Pick, Pitch Fork, katana and Chain Whip went from 70(450) to 30(200)

Wtf don't nerf my katana you jackasses. Melee already was Not Good. I'm gonna wind up packing a buzzer on OVK if they actually nerf swords that drat bad. :argh:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Discendo Vox posted:

Because they are annoying as gently caress. Dont you remember me bitching the other night when I spent a good 2-3 solid minutes flashbanged? It was a miracle I didnt go into custody a number of times because I was standing around like an idiot on OD, blind.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Discendo Vox posted:

just flashed back to yesterday during santa mayhem when i was flashbanged for a total of two minutes and then immediately getting flashbanged again

cant think of a reason why

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Dr Cheeto posted:

Most guns just use the base total ammo count to calculate pickup, there isn't a separate variable they'd need to change in this case.

This is true of most guns but DMR kits require special calculation because they would otherwise use the non-DMR ammo totals (and given how DMRs work, have very good pickup) - unless that changed in the last patch or three, that is.

like, in terms of the lua code, a DMR kit is a fairly extensive modification of an existing gun's stats. It's not a whole new weapon with a whole new pickup calculation. Take the AMR-16 for example: base ammo 90, which is true even when the DMR kit is equipped. Unless you specify "also recalculate ammo pickup rate after equipping the DMR kit" it will still use base 90 when calculating pickup rates.

Here's some old lua which demonstrates this:
code:
	tweak_data.weapon.factory.wpn_fps_ass_m16.override = {
		wpn_fps_upg_ass_m4_b_beowulf = {
			stats = {
				value = 1,
				spread = 1,
				recoil = -14,
				total_ammo_mod = -6,
				damage = 125,
				concealment = -4
			},
			custom_stats = {ammo_pickup_min_mul = 0.8, ammo_pickup_max_mul = 0.8}
		},
	}
The stats object (this is for the AMR DMR kit) has all the changes to base stats which make up the DMR kit: accuracy, stability, total ammo modifier, all that) - but pickup rate isn't modified unless you also include specific ammo pickup multipliers, in this case the custom_stats line. Overkill has forgotten that line in the past.

It's a reasonable mistake; only DMR kits need you to recalculate ammo pickup like that, and there are a ton of guns without DMR kits compared to the number with them. I didn't know I had to do it when I first started editing stats either :shrug:

this also works in the reverse: if you give a gun more base ammo you also need to explicitly tell it to recalculate pickup based on the new, higher total as well.

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Dec 9, 2016

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Just sat through a lecture by a Starbreeze guy today, and Payday 2 was mentioned a whole lot.

Just know that the dev team and Starbreeze themselves love you guys a lot, no BS.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

who guys, us guys in this thread?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Tell them to fire Jules.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Tell them to make Wilko lead of the entire Payday project.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Tell them I agree with both of the above.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Tell them to give Almir more booze. I want Vlad's cousin year round. :v:

Nah, but ask 'em if it's Something Awful or something with 4 Chins.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Psion posted:

~gun stuffs~

Thanks for this, I had forgotten about DMR kits entirely. Does the precision barrel turn the broomstick into a designated marksman pistol?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Tell them to fire Jules.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Tell them to make Wilko lead of the entire Payday project.

This and not even remotely joking. :colbert:
I want my game back.. :(