Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

HardDiskD posted:

My [22/F] boyfriend [24/M] of 3 years asked me to stop learning German

:hitler:

He should just stop being a dick about something no one in modern Poland gives a poo poo about because modern Poland and Germany are pretty good friends.

Also it's her loving hobby jesus. This one annoys me more than a ton of the stories in this thread. "Stop doing this thing you love to do because I'm a dumb idiot and also cater to my stupid expectations"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Its reasonable at any age to be mad someone hosed up your hair in your sleep. That kid sounds like a huge pain.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

How do you think literal children should act? Of course it's a big deal to them. They should tie the rear end in a top hat down in his sleep and tattoo a dick on his face.

A bit extreme, but we might get a thread out of it so I'll allow it.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

nomad2020 posted:

A bit extreme, but we might get a thread out of it so I'll allow it.
You should always hit back harder in retaliation.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I loving hate pranks that do nothing but humiliate the person being pranked. It's maybe 1/10 times when a prank is actually not intended to be malicious

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Captain Lavender posted:

Thread moves too fast. Hope this wasn't posted.

My brother admitted to a "prank" that drastically changed my life 7 years ago.

Tell him you won't talk or interact with him ever again until the student loan is 100% paid off.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm 30 years old and I would be really angry if an adult (19 is an adult and liable for your own lovely actions) cut my hair while I was sleeping.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Charles Get-Out posted:

Also it's her loving hobby jesus. This one annoys me more than a ton of the stories in this thread. "Stop doing this thing you love to do because I'm a dumb idiot and also cater to my stupid expectations"

I'll admit that this in particular also struck a similar nerve I have, namely in learning Japanese.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I like the pranks where you fill someone's room with something while they're away because that doesn't do anyone any harm and makes for a fun reveal

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I like the pranks where someone else's room is filled with stuff.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

loquacius posted:

I like the pranks where you fill someone's room with something while they're away because that doesn't do anyone any harm and makes for a fun reveal

Had one friend cover another in kraft singles while he was asleep at a cookout two years ago. The person got back at the cheeser by unwrapping a condom and putting some lotion in it and putting it on cheeser's face while cheeser was asleep

Those are also good pranks

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Leon Einstein posted:

Have the internet and Youtube turned "it was a prank" into a legitimate defense for horrible actions?

People have been labeling "do harmful and/or malicious poo poo that probably isn't even funny" as "pranks" since well before Youtube.

Although it is possible that Youtube and internet culture have accelerated the practice.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Chomp8645 posted:

People have been labeling "do harmful and/or malicious poo poo that probably isn't even funny" as "pranks" since well before Youtube.

Although it is possible that Youtube and internet culture have accelerated the practice.

the current season of South park is basically literally about this, and the internet definitely made it worse

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
Pretty sure they're not 'pranks' anymore, but 'social experiments'. :smuggo:

Dunning Krugerrand
Dec 23, 2015

purestrain pyrite

Me [29 F] with my _gf__ [28 F] says God speaks to her and told her we are not meant to be

quote:

Gf of 3 years told me when we first started dating God speaks to her when she prays silently. She asks him questions on difficult situations and he tells her what to do but only when she calls on him to do so. We separated for a year and after coming back from another relationship started sleeping with me again. She has become disinterested some and i called her out on it. I was able to have her admit she has someone else shes talking to and eyeing a relationship.

She says she loves me and i told her when you love someone you communicate, resolve, maintain honesty, take responsibility for your actions. She says she loves me so much and would love to marry me but God has said there is another woman for me. To prove she loves me she came over and slept with me LAST NIGHT. Her exact words were " always remember, God gave you my virginity." Only to wake up this morning to tell me we should start distancing ourselves.

She maintains contact with her other ex BF willing to see him. Is talking to this new guy all the while swearing to me she loves me and doesn't want to hurt me. She has kept our relationship open under the guise that God keeps throwing people her way. God also told her my future wife and i will drive by her house in the near future and laugh at her for being a silly girl...

how can someone paint themselves to be so divine and do whatever they want with no guilt? It always God's decision not hers.

tl;dr: What to do?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Dunning Krugerrand posted:

tl;dr: What to do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86URGgqONvA

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Me [29 F] with my _gf__ [28 F] says God speaks to her and told her we are not meant to be

Reddit, I have no self respect. What is the deal?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Cutting someone's hair is not a prank either. I have a pretty long hair, I would say it takes about four years to grow it out? That's four years of work. If someone did that to me, I would expect them to pay for bonded extensions, which I think is like $1000 or something.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
With regards to the brother's "Prank" that cost his younger brother 45k dollars. Whoever's running his AA Program spectacularly hosed up.

quote:

Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

It basically says to not admit to doing something unless you're willing to directly pay for it, or if admitting that you did so will cause harm. Younger Brother is completely in the right to say "I'm glad you're getting sober but I'm no longer talking with you until you start paying me back."

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Meridian posted:

Reddit, I have no self respect. What is the deal?

I dunno, it takes great big balls to question the literal word of God.

quote:

how can someone paint themselves to be so divine and do whatever they want with no guilt? It always God's decision not hers.

He answered his own question as succinctly as possible.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Yeah, as somebody who knows a few things about loving up due to my lovely problems (not nearly that bad holy poo poo) if the brother didn't follow that apology with 'and now I will give you money every month until the debt is repaid' then it wasn't actually an apology.

It'll probably cause the older brother hardship and might take decades, but that isn't the point, because that's exactly the situation he put his little brother in.

Also man that level of rear end in a top hat isn't even covered by alcoholism, that's just innate assholeness.

If his little sibling chooses to forgive him he has a big heart, but I sincerely hope he never forgets what his brother did for his own security. That is not a person you can trust, ever.

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:

Run. Run away

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Agentdark posted:

Run. Run away

God is literally opening a window for you to escape after he shut the door on your relationship!

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I'm with the murder crowd, older bro is inherently a lovely person and I'd even go as far to really put it to my parents for whatever they did to gently caress up.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

quote:

God also told her my future wife and i will drive by her house in the near future and laugh at her for being a silly girl...

:pray: god can throw the lotto numbers my way next time, please? knowing that i will get mocked in the future is not cool tia

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Actually, if we do him a solid and do murder his brother as a crowd, we'll probably get away with it.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Pick posted:

Actually, if we do him a solid and do murder his brother as a crowd, we'll probably get away with it.

i'm down

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pick posted:

GOON PROJECT

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
ill make the website

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

cheers

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

:pray: god can throw the lotto numbers my way next time, please? knowing that i will get mocked in the future is not cool tia
[/quote]

I think I'm sensible in my appeals to the divine by saying I'm perfectly fine even with winning just 10 grand. Hoping my modesty will grant me good things

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Cumslut1895 posted:

Personally, I think I'd try to ruin his sobriety.

All I can think of is that TCC goon (mod maybe?) that suggested LSD as a way to get over heroin withdrawal

"My nigga have you tried oxycontin to get over your alcoholism"

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

I'll admit my gut reaction is to be down with the re-addiction program.

"Xanax is prescribed by a doctor, man, of course it's safe!"

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
So, that's low grade psychosis, right? Hearing voices especially in environments lacking other recognizable audio stimuli?

Chances that she started hearing God about 3-7 years ago are probably pretty good.

Poor girl needs treatment.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

That, or she grew up in Snake Church and this is the way she was taught to express her desires.

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

I had a buddy who's girlfriend told him that they had to break up because God told her to. I just chalked it up to her being a bitch because he was super religious and she knew he wouldn't question it.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Yeah, it's not psychosis, it's a guilt-free rationalization for a break up she already wants.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

underage at the vape shop posted:

Its reasonable at any age to be mad someone hosed up your hair in your sleep. That kid sounds like a huge pain.
It's assault. Not even joking. It's legally on the same grounds as punching someone in the face or groping them without their consent. If they took him to civil court rather than criminal they could sue him for battery.

It makes sense that it is too, because if I had hair that took more than a month or two to grow I'd rather get punched in the face than have someone cut it off without my consent.

I'm not advocating getting the courts involved, but I would have said that to my father rather bluntly. The alternative being, they should have roughed up him up a bit.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Remember in 2012 when it came out that in high school Mitt Romney and a bunch of his friends ganged up on that gay kid and pranked him

what a prank that was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
A literal doormat gained sentience, found a terrible girlfriend, and posted on reddit.

Trigger Warning: Slightly sad? They guy realizes the situation sucks but has super low self esteem, but he says he is ugly and boring so maybe he just knows whats up.

I [23M] know that logically I should break up with my girlfriend [19F] of six months but I don't see "better" coming out of it

quote:

Hello internet friends, I have quite the conundrum and I just can't bring myself to making a decision.

Preface, my girlfriend and I have been together for six months now. During this time we have only really had extreme highs and extreme lows. By which I mean, we go back and forth between her cheating on me and her being head over heels in love with me.

At first, it was with her ex because "she still loved him" however she claims she no longer has feelings for him and only loves me. I would be inclined to believe her, but when I am busy (at work, mostly) she spends most of her time with him, supposedly.

Now, and over the past two months, she has been seeing some guy she met on Tinder. She messages him constantly, even when we're together and hides her phone from me. We blew up and fell apart two months ago when it started; I dropped her off at home and watched her get into his car and drive off.
In the past month or so, things seemed to be going well. She would look at me with love in her eyes and always wanted to be with/near me. She would always say how much she loved me and that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with me. Was planning on having me go to her sister's wedding next year. I really thought she might have turned around.

So far this week, she blew me off twice and had a lame excuse to not see me. Sunday was because I had some friends over and she didn't want to interrupt "guy time" despite all week asking if she could come over. Tuesday night she said for me not to come over after work, that her dad was asleep and I needed rest as I have started to come down with a head cold.

Wednesday, I had the opportunity to check her phone and she saw her Tinder friend on Tuesday night, and vaguely planned to see him again. She also wanted to go see him Sunday but he refused.

Now, we are in a huge fight. She is saying that I am out of line to read her private messages, which I suppose is technically correct, but she has been denying seeing him or anyone at all. Now that I know, she has admitted to seeing him "once a month or so" but I doubt that. It's probably every three or four days. I also only checked the messages of Tinder friend, so I'm not sure how many guys she is seeing but I have always suspected three or four others.
I also suggested an open relationship, and she was disgusted by that. Her exact words were "Why even bother be dating then? I might as well just call you my fuckbuddy instead of my boyfriend." Irony, right?

I know that the logical thing to do is to leave her and never look back, but it isn't quite that simple. I am not particularly attractive, rather simple/boring and not successful. I want to go back to school but that won't be for another two years or so. This is my first relationship that lasted longer than a week, and I've done nothing but strike out so far in my life. I also have a rather small social circle, the result of friends/roommates who got into hard drugs and I cut them out of my life when it started getting out of control.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is, is it worth it to play dumb and put up with the abuse? Or should I go back to being single and alone forever?

TL;DR
Repeat offender cheating girlfriend who won't stop. Do I put up with it or be alone, realistically forever?

I mean, I could have bolded the entire thing really.