Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Malgrin posted:

e:
Again, I really want to stress that if you can do P1 Rancor, you can get 4% or more with ewoks in P1. If you have Chirpatine, then you'll want to go Teebo, EE, QGJ, Yoda, Phasma (can also run E. Scout, Rex, or Chewie in there). If you have Chirpa but not EP, run Chirpa in place of Yoda. Run high potency mods. Count the times you do damage to GG, and make sure you kill the other droids before dealing damage 7 times to him. Line it up so that Teebo hits him the 7th time and removes all TM. After that, try to make the 7th hit some kind of consistent TM down, and you can chain a few of these, doing 4-6% damage to him.

Yes but where does Ugnaught fit into all this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

I tried this a couple of times, it seems really iffy, I was only able to get it to work once, and retreated after things went bad. You kill all the other droids (but one I assume, to have someone to hit instead of GG), then teebo his 7th hit, but then when you start whaling on him he seems to call the droids back before his next 7th time taking a hit. Am I missing something? My Yoda is pretty crappy, I might try swapping out Ewok Scout, maybe that would help. The damage on the team just seems too weak to actually make a difference.

Yeah, you can't let GG get another turn after the 7th hit because he gets a complete reset of all abilities. I'm pretty sure you need Teebo + Chirpa + another TM reduction hero, or Teebo + 2 TM reduction heroes. I've got fairly high potency on Teebo, Yoda, and QGJ and have been able to make this work, plus Phasma's TM up helps a lot here. Also, remember you are aiming for 4% damage...which is like 160k. I usually reset until I get through 14 attacks on him without him getting a turn, and once I pass that point I just keep going with it (so usually he'll get a turn when I hit him the 21st time, but sometimes he gets a turn in the middle there, and sometimes I hit him with TM again for that 21st hit). Sometimes I can clear all the droids again and get another round of hits on GG.

I should probably add that I have G11 QGJ and G10 for the rest.

Jibo posted:

Yes but where does Ugnaught fit into all this?

OB (L), Ugnaught + 3 for P3/P4. Chirpatine + STH is better for P3 though.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I have 1 good team, because I have 3 good damage dealers and basically no supports. EE is almost 7 * but he's woefully underlevelled... and I have basically no loving mods for any of this poo poo.

Fuckin' gaaaaaaaaaaaaame

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I have 1 good team, because I have 3 good damage dealers and basically no supports. EE is almost 7 * but he's woefully underlevelled... and I have basically no loving mods for any of this poo poo.

Fuckin' gaaaaaaaaaaaaame

In that case, hold off until P2 to P4

e: I talked with my guild leaders, and they're cool with me moving over to help with this raid (if there's space in IGD). If we complete it, I'll probably quit TI and that'll be that. If we can't complete it, then I'll go back to TI at the end. This is all if there's space in IGD though.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Dec 9, 2016

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Malgrin posted:

In that case, hold off until P2 to P4

e: I talked with my guild leaders, and they're cool with me moving over to help with this raid (if there's space in IGD). If we complete it, I'll probably quit TI and that'll be that. If we can't complete it, then I'll go back to TI at the end. This is all if there's space in IGD though.

We are full up, but tab has 2 characters in the guild. I'll ask her to drop one of them and we can take you back in.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

If we complete it, I'll probably quit TI and that'll be that.

:woop:

Malgrin posted:

If we can't complete it, then I'll go back to TI at the end.

High stakes people! :f5:

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I'm ready.

3D GAY WORLD
May 15, 2007
Can someone please accept my application for Qui Goon Jin? Been waiting for several days, I'm back to being active. Thanks! Name should be 3DGAYWORLD.

Alternatively, if any other goon clans are open, I'd like to join.

ID: 853925988

3D GAY WORLD fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Dec 9, 2016

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

3D GAY WORLD posted:

Can someone please accept my application for Qui Goon Jin? Been waiting for several days, I'm back to being active. Thanks! Name should be 3DGAYWORLD.

Alternatively, if any other goon clans are open, I'd like to join.

ID: 853925988

I did a shout out on the thread for you a few days ago, since we didn't know who you were. Just invited you!

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Malgrin posted:

I'm ready.

invited

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
I know this is a mobile game but if ny of you want it I can make a channel for this or general phone games channels on the new CTS we opened to replace the old CTS. INfo is in http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3796734 I am in the admin area pretty much every night so if anyone is intrested just let me know and I will make you guys a channel, if I am not there I am in the sige or bf1 channels.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I think it's safe to say that if you have another P1 team, you should use it, now. There's 1d, 3 hours left on this raid.

e: of course, if your only option is a team that's really good for p2, 3, or 4, hold off (e.g. droids, chirpatine, rebels)

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Dec 9, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

I think it's safe to say that if you have another P1 team, you should use it, now. There's 1d, 3 hours left on this raid.

e: of course, if your only option is a team that's really good for p2, 3, or 4, hold off (e.g. droids, chirpatine, rebels)

Threw my entire roster at it in the hopes of helping push this into P2 (I don't have droids/rebels/chipatine

I don't feel like I did much.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I think if we get it down to about 2%, I can finish it off with droids and still do solid in P2

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

Fuckin' gaaaaaaaaaaaaame

I worked pretty hard to build a decent FTP arena team before faction synergies were good or obtainable without whaling and now it's pretty loving hard to keep up. They moved the goalposts so far up that I quit for a few months and I'll probably quit again after the devs stop raining free stuff down on me over the next month.

Also, what's up with me having to constantly face geared level 84-85 teams on my gw? I haven't even hit 81 yet.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 9, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Ok, we made it into P2, I started things off with ~4%. We're going to have to finish this pretty quickly so that we don't run out of time in P3 and P4. If you get close to finish, try not to end P2. We want to get it down to about .03% so that Chirpatine teams can jump in and get an early start on P3.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

tadashi posted:

I worked pretty hard to build a decent FTP arena team before faction synergies were good or obtainable without whaling and now it's pretty loving hard to keep up. They moved the goalposts so far up that I quit for a few months and I'll probably quit again after the devs stop raining free stuff down on me over the next month.

Also, what's up with me having to constantly face geared level 84-85 teams on my gw? I haven't even hit 81 yet.

Droid teams are hilariously low in the power stat, but are among the best and most competitive comps... so you get hosed and face them a whole log in GW.

Even underleveled/geared Wiggs/Lando squads will make you pay for progress.

I'm 85 and the power of my Arena team is pretty high... so my final node is almost always some loving sun fac, EP, 7* Shore fucksquad that I have to hope my entire A-team has survived enough to be able to assassinate EP before my team is wiped out. After that, my B/C teams can usually finish off the tanks.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Dec 9, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

I'm 85 and the power of my Arena team is pretty high... so my final node is almost always some loving sun fac, EP, 7* Shore fucksquad that I have to hope my entire A-team has survived enough to be able to assassinate EP before my team is wiped out. After that, my B/C teams can usually finish off the tanks.

Same. I feel your pain.

I think I'm going to focus on getting a droid Squad going next. I've got IG-86 and 88 at 7*, HK too. I just need to level and gear them. Please can we have like sixteen credit events in a row?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

iGestalt posted:

Same. I feel your pain.

I think I'm going to focus on getting a droid Squad going next. I've got IG-86 and 88 at 7*, HK too. I just need to level and gear them. Please can we have like sixteen credit events in a row?

According to reddit, the average time between credit events in 8 days...

There will be a credit heist on monday next week.
a
Can I go back in time and not level most of my toons past 40? Jesus Christ, I have so many 80's that are just worthless. Can I also go back in time and farm wedge instead of old Ben? I'd have a full-on rebel fucksquad if I'd just done that.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

If you are still getting something like this for your node 12, you should run your highest power team in arena a couple times (even if you lose) so that you can start getting the 3* joke GW team...it's pretty awesome.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I'm having a really hard time keeping up with all the new character they're introducing. I just don't have the credits or energy to catch up. I'm currently working on TFP and Boba (and to a lesser extent Chirrut+Baze). They just added K-2SO, next week we'll have Jyn Erso, and I'm sure Cassian Andor is right around the corner. But I still have half a dozen old characters to gear, level, and mod up for the tank raid. It's all so overwhelming :sparkles:

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

I'm having a really hard time keeping up with all the new character they're introducing. I just don't have the credits or energy to catch up. I'm currently working on TFP and Boba (and to a lesser extent Chirrut+Baze). They just added K-2SO, next week we'll have Jyn Erso, and I'm sure Cassian Andor is right around the corner. But I still have half a dozen old characters to gear, level, and mod up for the tank raid. It's all so overwhelming :sparkles:

They're trying to use this to generate more profit.

I'm just focusing on whatever hero is the most important right now, and will worry about the others later. Right now that is Shoretrooper, and then I'll probably try to get TFP to G11. By then I will have new priorities.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Yeah, don't try to get all the new heroes, just focus on starring and gearing some of them. One maxed hero (particularly if it's someone super useful) is infinitely more valuable than half a dozen lovely ones. I'm going to completely ignore Jyn and save my tourney points for Vader's ship whenever it comes back. K-2SO gets 7* for free for Android users so he's probably worth gearing and levelling, if you can afford it. If nothing else he should replace Nebit in droid teams.

On a related note, Mace's capital ship is nuts. The target lock on demand is amazing with Biggs, and the ultimate becomes available much sooner than you'd expect. My Endurance is only at 10k power to Home One's 16k, and still I'm never going back.

My ship shard has zero whales, which is awesome. But there's this one random guy who has about 95k fleet power but somehow has a 7* TIE Advanced x1 along with all of his 2* and 3* ships. Would love to know how he managed that.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

If you are still getting something like this for your node 12, you should run your highest power team in arena a couple times (even if you lose) so that you can start getting the 3* joke GW team...it's pretty awesome.

My highest power team is my current arena team.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Vulpes posted:

Yeah, don't try to get all the new heroes, just focus on starring and gearing some of them. One maxed hero (particularly if it's someone super useful) is infinitely more valuable than half a dozen lovely ones. I'm going to completely ignore Jyn and save my tourney points for Vader's ship whenever it comes back. K-2SO gets 7* for free for Android users so he's probably worth gearing and levelling, if you can afford it. If nothing else he should replace Nebit in droid teams.

On a related note, Mace's capital ship is nuts. The target lock on demand is amazing with Biggs, and the ultimate becomes available much sooner than you'd expect. My Endurance is only at 10k power to Home One's 16k, and still I'm never going back.

My ship shard has zero whales, which is awesome. But there's this one random guy who has about 95k fleet power but somehow has a 7* TIE Advanced x1 along with all of his 2* and 3* ships. Would love to know how he managed that.

Yeah, I'd recommend not going into a tournament seriously with less than 300-400k AP, otherwise try to get whatever rewards you can spending ~30k AP. You can probably make top 100 with less than 300-400k, but if you want a hero to be usable ever, you should be aiming for top 25, or not unlocking at all. Having a bunch of top 100 finishes is going to hurt you in the long run (3* heroes are not that great).

I'm definitely seeing Mace ships pulling ahead on my shard. I expect that in the long run, Mace or Tarkin will come out ahead -- I'm thinking Tarkin because the Empire synergy will be really strong when you can run 9 Empire ships.

e: At this point, P2 is looking pretty rough. Run your rebel squads here, and any squads other than Chirpatine.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Dec 9, 2016

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
So it looks like we're gonna fall pretty short of a successful heroic tank raid. A big contributing factor is that around a third of the guild isn't participating. So, here's the thing. I understand that this is just a stupid phone game and not a WoW raid guild. However, there might be folks in QGJ more interested in doing these sorts of things, so perhaps we can set things up so IGD is the "tryhard" crew and QGJ is the "casual" crew.

Also, Hughlander, are you still playing? If not, could you hop in long enough to transfer leadership?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Davethulhu posted:

So it looks like we're gonna fall pretty short of a successful heroic tank raid. A big contributing factor is that around a third of the guild isn't participating. So, here's the thing. I understand that this is just a stupid phone game and not a WoW raid guild. However, there might be folks in QGJ more interested in doing these sorts of things, so perhaps we can set things up so IGD is the "tryhard" crew and QGJ is the "casual" crew.

Also, Hughlander, are you still playing? If not, could you hop in long enough to transfer leadership?

I'm probably one of the more advanced F2P player goons, since I've been playing since the weekend TFA released, but I've also probably sunk like 200 bucks into this game over the last year *loving kill me*

I don't have even 1 "ideal team" for this raid. That's a sad commentary on where I spend my loving farming, I guess, because I SHOULD at least have a wedge + rebels by now (only missing the wedge), but most f2p goons only have rebels or droids or jedi's, and probably not more than one. Fives/Teebo is also high in alot of rosters for the utility in Rancor.

honestly, before we lose our poo poo about this, we should wait for the tank raid retooling.

edit:

Someone said it earlier, a lot of us came up before these team synergistic arena squads were really viable. We've got a smattering of good toons, but not enough to build out these tank raid meta squads. I thew my entire roster at P1 just to help push it through (since I didn't have any of the strong-meta 2/3/4 squads). And I only did about what 1 person with a well levelled/geared jedi squad did with 5 toons.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Dec 9, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I'm probably one of the more advanced F2P player goons, since I've been playing since the weekend TFA released, but I've also probably sunk like 200 bucks into this game over the last year *loving kill me*

I don't have even 1 "ideal team" for this raid. That's a sad commentary on where I spend my loving farming, I guess, because I SHOULD at least have a wedge + rebels by now (only missing the wedge), but most f2p goons only have rebels or droids or jedi's, and probably not more than one. Fives/Teebo is also high in alot of rosters for the utility in Rancor.

honestly, before we lose our poo poo about this, we should wait for the tank raid retooling.

I'm about in the same boat for money spent, but I think I must've landed on a comparably easy arena shard because those crystal earnings have let me play a lot more like a moderate spender...and I've got a squad for each phase (probably 4% per phase or more at this point), and then a couple 2%ish squads (JKA + fodder, and then some old stars like Rey).

Also being in TI and having Rancor every other and Heroic Tank every third day has seriously improved my game.

Davethulhu posted:

I've suggested this before, but it's never really gotten any traction. I think we could make one Heroic Rancor/AAT guild, and then a T6 Rancor guild. It would suck for everyone right on the border in between, and someone has to figure out how to judge who goes where (loving NOT IT), and that task by itself could turn into a shitstorm on these forums, so, good luck. If you guys can get to where you're almost clearing AAT, I'd be happy to be back because you're all way cooler than TI people (although, all things considered, they aren't that bad -- but some of them are completely awful people). As much as I like you guys, the heroic rewards are just too good (I want my loving GK already...2 shards per day is really loving slow). I'll stick this raid out cause I'm loot locked from one AAT anyways, so I won't miss much by sticking around for another day -- and also don't want to mess up energy donations (600 is required every day over there, and I don't want to have to spend like 300 crystals to make sure that happens).

Honestly, if we can make it to P3 (there's ~20 hours left), that's most of the way there. Getting to where you can clear P3 is the hardest part of this -- P4 is really not that bad, you just need to be able to save your rebel squads for it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

I'm about in the same boat for money spent, but I think I must've landed on a comparably easy arena shard because those crystal earnings have let me play a lot more like a moderate spender...and I've got a squad for each phase (probably 4% per phase or more at this point), and then a couple 2%ish squads (JKA + fodder, and then some old stars like Rey).

Also being in TI and having Rancor every other and Heroic Tank every third day has seriously improved my game.

I used to hold down a top 20-top 10 spot, but after the whales took over my shard, I just kept falling and never really recovered. I'm usually battling for top 100 these days, and I've hit top 50 once in the last 8 months.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I used to hold down a top 20-top 10 spot, but after the whales took over my shard, I just kept falling and never really recovered. I'm usually battling for top 100 these days, and I've hit top 50 once in the last 8 months.

There's only a few times in the past year I've dropped below top 20 (since I made it here). That's given me enough crystals to stay just on top of the F2P heroes that can compete with the P2P heroes.

Right now, most days I make 3rd-5th, but sometimes I don't have time or just get sniped from top 10, it really helps with everything.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Speaking of raids and what not, QGJ is back to clearing T6 rancor in ~24hrs again, I think we need to talk about attempting T7 again very soon.

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

I've spent £10 on a crystal pack and I've been playing since January, I have a team for at least three phases and I'm confident I could cobble something together for P3.

https://swgoh.gg/u/pvelutod/collection/

Like Mal, I've been able to hold top 10ish in arena for the last 6-7 months so I've been able to buy more refreshes/gear pieces from the shop. I was able to spend 4,500 on the Rogue One packs to get a 4* Shoretrooper without spending anything.

I'm not averse to spending money, it's just micro-spending gets you gently caress all in this game and I'm not prepared to go down the rabbit hole that is spending on a "freemium" game, it's no different to gambling to me.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
How many spots open in QGJ? Also whoever kicked tab probably should have asked her what account to kick since you kicked her stronger account.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Whitey Snipes posted:

I've spent £10 on a crystal pack and I've been playing since January, I have a team for at least three phases and I'm confident I could cobble something together for P3.

https://swgoh.gg/u/pvelutod/collection/

Like Mal, I've been able to hold top 10ish in arena for the last 6-7 months so I've been able to buy more refreshes/gear pieces from the shop. I was able to spend 4,500 on the Rogue One packs to get a 4* Shoretrooper without spending anything.

I'm not averse to spending money, it's just micro-spending gets you gently caress all in this game and I'm not prepared to go down the rabbit hole that is spending on a "freemium" game, it's no different to gambling to me.

It seems like the thing that separates you from the people like me is starting after it became clear droids owned in arena, and you got a good shard by chance.

I choose poorly on my Cantina farming. I 7 started luke before we knew GS was a broken gear pimp.

I 7 starred old ben before wedge for no reason i can imagine.

I 7 starred chewie, believing he eould be good in the rancor raid.

I 7 starred kylo ren for no reason i can adequately vocalize.

If i had never farmed these characters, i'd probably be smashes faces with my wedge, jka, igd, and lando...

But i made all of the farming choices before they turned jka, lando into gods; before igd and ayala were added to GW. This game frustrates the hell outta me, because so much of it is gambling on what is going to turn out good down the line.

Not getting top 10 crystals every day blows hard. Unless i spend money, i can only do 2-3 refreshes/day and that kills your cantina productivity... and kiss saving up for raid gear the gently caress goodbye.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Dec 10, 2016

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

But i made all of the farming choices before they turned jka, lando into gods; before igd and ayala were added to GW. This game frustrates the hell outta me, because so much of it is gambling on what is going to turn out good down the line.

Don't forget ships! Now characters who were previously middling or outright bad aren't just good, they're sometimes necessary. At this point, the idea of dumping time, gear, and credits into Poe, Resistance Pilot, First Order TIE Pilot, Ahsoka, Bistan, Scarif Rebel Pathfinder, or goddamn Finn just elicits a groan from me. I'm still trying to catch up to the rebel meta, how can I devote resources to any of these goobers? I wonder if the prudent thing to do would be to sit back and wait for them to release more ships and pray there's some overlap with the characters I already have leveled and geared (fat chance, but a man can dream).

Also, I second Chili's suggestion to wait and see what alterations they make to the raid before we reshuffle the guilds.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Spakstik posted:

I wonder if the prudent thing to do would be to sit back and wait for them to release more ships and pray there's some overlap with the characters I already have leveled and geared (fat chance, but a man can dream).

I think this is fairly smart, but that said, FOTP, Ahsoka, Bistan, and SRP are all good outside of ships too (although definitely work on your rebels and and empire first). There are a bunch of heroes that we know fly ships that haven't gotten them yet.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
JKA will most definitely have a ship at some point.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I auto the ship fights and go do something else for 7 mins. Simply cannot be arsed with them.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Davethulhu posted:

That may be a good idea. However, are we sure that third of the guild is reading this thread? And, if they aren't - maybe they were saving them squads for a later phase?

I really hate this stupid Tank, though. Trying to use a Squad in Phase 2 and it just one-shots one of my characters from the getgo with a 99999 shot. Why does it get to take so many turns?

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Dec 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

xyigx posted:

How many spots open in QGJ? Also whoever kicked tab probably should have asked her what account to kick since you kicked her stronger account.

We asked several times in chat but had to get Mal in ASAP and based it off of arena ranking, I egged on Dave so you can blame me. But we can swap her accounts no sweat, or just hang tight because Mal is gonna go back to TI soon so she can have both in unless someone else is coming on board