Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

mfny posted:

I'm tempted to double dip for COD IW/MW:R, already have on Bone, thinking of getting for PS4. Am I a broken person ?

If you're gonna buy multiple copies of a game, it should actually be good. Also the PS4 goon community is on life support only a month after launch. Compare this to BO3 which had a regular party running nightly through the summer and even grew as XB1 people joined us.

You should instead spend your money on Titanfall 2, a cool and good video game that has goons playing on XB1 at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
I'm so, so close to getting enough salvage to unlock the Ripper variant, can't wait! As for the new variant I'm really looking forward to the new R3K.I don't even mind the increased recoil, it will make it easier to use at closer ranges which this game seems to be all about.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Don't buy the Ripper

R3K variant does own though, and its cheap as hell

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Godzilla07 posted:

If you're gonna buy multiple copies of a game, it should actually be good. Also the PS4 goon community is on life support only a month after launch. Compare this to BO3 which had a regular party running nightly through the summer and even grew as XB1 people joined us.

You should instead spend your money on Titanfall 2, a cool and good video game that has goons playing on XB1 at least.

Yeah, this. Play where your friends are. If they're not playing CoD on PS4 already and begging you to join them, why spend the money.

Playing alone with pubbies on the PS4 isn't anymore fun than doing it on the Bone or PC.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

my scuf (TM) barely registers when i jump on the back paddles and wow my K/D is mostly in the 0.30's when i can't soar like an eagle

also to whoever was above don't buy the ripper, the legendary is better.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Just got Jam camo :woop:

For Handguns :eng99: At least it's not Launchers I guess.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Lots of goodies for those of us who can still admit they place this game:

https://blog.activision.com/t5/Call-of-Duty/Tis-the-Season-for-Call-of-Duty/ba-p/10104079

Of note:

Epic Hailstorm - Thunder for those of you who own IW and have time played in Blops 3
Six remastered maps for MWR
Genesis returning in holiday form
From 12/21 to 1/1 there will be a daily log in bonus (bonus), which includes holiday themed stuff as well as bonus keys/salvage.

More to be announced, including double xp events.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

That's nice, but I feel like some of those gifts should have been given to us as compensation for taking out two of the maps.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

The Hailstorm Thunder feels decent. I mean, you don't have to tap the button anymore. But that's about it. I can definitely see it work in MP, but you should consider the Hailstorm Ordinance for the Zombies mode.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Can you use it to get the space dog calling card?

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Can you use it to get the space dog calling card?

Probably? But there's no increase to rate of fire, so it'll only help you if your problem is with tapping the trigger repeatedly or not having a fancy enough looking gun.

Also, there's a bug where you can add it to your loadout before level 48, but the game won't spawn you with it. :iw:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

The pubby on our team has a kd of 0.096

He went 0-25 and 0-33 in our last two games

idgi

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Bet he's just using some anti AFK to farm keys.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

victrix posted:

The pubby on our team has a kd of 0.096

He went 0-25 and 0-33 in our last two games

idgi

oh cool you played with the one pubby i get matched with every single time i play this game without a full group.

also i bought ff15 and the last guardian (and no man's sky) so rip this game. I'll still play on the weekend but only with full groups because gently caress cubbies forever.

Carecat posted:

Bet he's just using some anti AFK to farm keys.

Do you actually get keys? The most going kill-less is 1000XP mission team xp so maybe he's just maxing those out?

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
I believe keys are given out purely on a time played basis.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

feverish and oversexed posted:

I was wondering about your security system! I wonder if the thieves knew you were going out of town...

Probably. I have an idea who it was.

Also revo - I just got into Barcelona and had croquetas. FANTASTIC!!!

Back when I get my insurance money. :-(((

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
a friend of mine made this and I feel this is basically the exact issue that plagues these gamers.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!

housefly posted:

Probably. I have an idea who it was.

Also revo - I just got into Barcelona and had croquetas. FANTASTIC!!!

I loveeeeee croquetas. Sorry about the theft. See you when you get the $$$

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
I'd also like to say I'm fairly biased towards AW and a tad to IW because of the fact they made verticality a thing in ways the series desperately needed. (I can't say anything for Blops3 because I skipped it) The goomba stomping jumping rediculousness is the reason I even bothered to get into AW at all because it brought back memories of UT. Turns out it was even more bonkers than some UT matches could get haha.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Diabetes Forecast posted:

a friend of mine made this and I feel this is basically the exact issue that plagues these gamers.

Delicious hooves on the ground action. :allears:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I confess, I never liked Back To The Future 2.

I loved BttF 3 as a kid though.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Dec 9, 2016

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

People want good CoD games, and conflate boots on the ground with good CoDs since CoD4/MW2/BO2 were boots on the ground and there's only been 1 well-liked jetpack CoD to date. TBH it doesn't matter because so many people buy CoD on reflex each year, and if you removed jetpacks, the kids who grew up with them would complain instead. Personally I like the current movement system, and I'd be really happy if any Afterburner-like perk was removed from the game.

https://twitter.com/InfinityWard/status/807288483454693384

this would be cool if you received XP for unlocking attachments, and got a kill counter instead of phone charms for your guns

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
I'm off work today so come and join me play this game. My opinion on this topic can be summed up as Jetpacking > BOTG. It's a more fun, faster paced game and the future setting gives the devs more creative freedom. If the Vietnam War era rumors are true for CoD 2017, I'll be bummed out. I still stand by my opinion that AW is a good game. Now that the supply drop system has been ironed out, I'd love to see a refined AW2. Also, instead of people complaining about a return to BOTG, why not complain about the fragmented playerbase due to map packs? That is the biggest issue with CoD right now.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
I was wondering if Activision was watching the MWR reception closely to determine if it is time for a modern warfare 4, but a vietnam era one might do similar things.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Godzilla07 posted:

this would be cool if you received XP for unlocking attachments, and got a kill counter instead of phone charms for your guns

Turns out you do!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Javes posted:

I'm off work today so come and join me play this game. My opinion on this topic can be summed up as Jetpacking > BOTG. It's a more fun, faster paced game and the future setting gives the devs more creative freedom. If the Vietnam War era rumors are true for CoD 2017, I'll be bummed out. I still stand by my opinion that AW is a good game. Now that the supply drop system has been ironed out, I'd love to see a refined AW2. Also, instead of people complaining about a return to BOTG, why not complain about the fragmented playerbase due to map packs? That is the biggest issue with CoD right now.

I agree with everything you said. I love CoD 4, but it just feels soslooow now. If ever a game needed infinite sprint, it's that one. (and Ghosts, because jfc).

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
I agree on all your point Javes, though I personally still find AW to be terrible. I'm fine with BO3 and IW's system, the problem isn't with the jetpacks for me anymore. It's more the drop rates of the crates and the huge ammount of duplicates I am getting despite not even owning all that many camos/guns to begin with.

Game wise I like IW just as much as BO3, I hope they find a way to keep players.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I just want netcode, lobbies, and matchmaking that loving works.

I can forgive everything else, eventually, but not that.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
where'd everybody go

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Shame the series is only going to get more desperately F2P as sales dip. Would be nice if they could change to a two year cycle with free map packs to prop up the playerbase.

And trim 40ms off the netcode/update to 60/60 to bring it in line with every other big FPS.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Dec 10, 2016

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I wouldn't mind if we got CoD: China Edition, but as long as the netcode is hosed they won't see another loving penny from me.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
seriously where did everyone go. ffa is too stressful for me right now

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

I quit Blops 3 when the loot boxes got new guns. gently caress that poo poo. Any COD game with microtransaction loot boxes is a COD game I will not play.

I wonder if supply drops are the thing that is finally killing the series, nobody seems to like them. Black Ops 3 sold well but it didn't have guns in drops until a few months from launch.

I'm playing MWR now, I guess they'll ruin this game with those loot boxes soon enough. Maybe after the standalone release is out.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

seriously where did everyone go. ffa is too stressful for me right now

Gun Game is a superior FFA. Hope this helps.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Mister Macys posted:

Gun Game is a superior FFA. Hope this helps.

i just played my first game and had no idea that you had to throw the knife to win

i had four melee kills before i realized this :shobon:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
ok if you want to play join my group and/or message/invite me, tia

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

i just played my first game and had no idea that you had to throw the knife to win

i had four melee kills before i realized this :shobon:

Melee is so good, because you never hit with your gun, but with the OHK knife. :getin:

Don't forget to switch the EBR to assault rifle mode, too.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Dec 10, 2016

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Carecat posted:

Shame the series is only going to get more desperately F2P as sales dip. Would be nice if they could change to a two year cycle with free map packs to prop up the playerbase.

And trim 40ms off the netcode/update to 60/60 to bring it in line with every other big FPS.

They should just do what Halo 5 did and make all the new maps and other new content free since there's microtransactions. This "buy a Season Pass or four separate map packs" is loving stupid and it just messes up the matchmaking. The 3 year development cycle isn't helping either. All 3 COD games that have been developed in 3 years have been significantly buggier then the games with 2 years of development.

They also need to stop releasing the game every year so people can actually look forward to the next game.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
My biggest problem is def. the matchmaking. Maybe it's parties, but it just seems to odd that when I'm sitting at a 1.6 I always get a slew of Johnny no thumbs on my side when the other side invariably has a 2.0+ and several 1-2s with maybe one subpar k/D.

Super frustrating esp. cuz y'all are never on when I am :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Infinite Warfare sucks because it has

-awful netcode
-no rippers
-no breccis
-no hatr
-no killstreak reward where you hover over the map and murder everything

Black Ops 3 is a great game because it has all those things, I think I set a record for fastest mothership*.

The mothership is awesome because it's a flying ship, but it feels a little underwhelming feature-wise compared to the AC130 or Paladin or whatever. I always wished it had RAPS launchers or firefly hives or something else to flush out people hiding in buildings.

*I definitely didn't

PS gently caress spawn protection

• Locked thread