Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Shock Trooper posted:

Uh. I literally just spent some stamina a few hours ago, but now I'm getting a Google Account Error message saying: "Your Google account or this app is not authorized by Google Play Service". Is this happening to anyone else on Android...?

I get that once in a while, and then it just goes away by itself. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Attestant posted:

I get that once in a while, and then it just goes away by itself. :shrug:

The weird thing is, I don't think I've had this problem before. I googled some solutions and saw something about re-syncing Google accounts, but that didn't work. Tried clearing my cache and temporary files and nothing. I noticed that my phone downloaded like 4 Google updates before this so... I'm assuming it's some fuckup related to this that'll fix itself on its own soon. Oh well, so much for using stamina on dark orb farming before I go to sleep.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Varance posted:

Squall just got a second BSB on the JP side, and it's got an Enblizzard entry to pair up with his OSB. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbPTtwYmhRI

I'm ambivalent to Squall but an Enblizzard BSB to go with his OSB is just too good for me to pass up, guess I'm pulling when it rolls around. It's a kinda hard to tell from the video but what are the commands?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
First command is a weak 2-hit that builds junction level up to 3. Second command starts at 4 hits, gets more hits, damage and crit chance with each junction level.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'm just thinking about the six star skills event and how I have a stack of the record spheres from completing the event. Any guidelines which of the skills I should and which ones I should shatter? Was thinking of keeping Penalty Snipe since I've been so lucky with getting all of Edgar's and Balthier's relics.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Really good 6* skills:

Mug Bloodlust
Northern Cross/Snowspell Strike (pick one)
Meltdown

Situationally good:

Lifebane (needs a good monk with atk-boosting relic)
Sky High (needs a dragoon with imperil/enWind)
Aegis Strike (needs a paladin with imperil/enHoly)
Stitch in Time (needs a good ninja with mag-boosting relic, basically Onion Knight/Fujin)

Everything else is pretty trash

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Got it thanks, I realized after posting that with the good damage from the relics a honed six star for Edgar/Balthier is much less important.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I could see Edgar using penalty snipe with his OSB and eventual BSB, but since 99% of bosses are immune to poison/petrify/silence/blind it would be super niche

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I took snowspell strike with my indom strike Celes and have had 0 regrets. Against either ice or wind weakness it's a guaranteed 20k.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

You don't need to hone snowspell at all if you have the magnificent sword of constant victory, just have Celes suck up all the spells for infinite uses :science:

Frees you up to shatter some of the crap 6*s to hone northern cross which is an absolute godsend for cid missions.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Beasteh posted:

No. Curada and Affliction Break are both very good (they're the only two I've honed in JP). Of the ones we don't have yet, Valigarmanda and Omega Drive are both worth looking at.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I forgot about curada and affliction break. What's omega drive's thing that distinguishes it from full charge?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Beasteh posted:

Really good 6* skills:

Mug Bloodlust
Northern Cross/Snowspell Strike (pick one)
Meltdown

Situationally good:

Lifebane (needs a good monk with atk-boosting relic)
Sky High (needs a dragoon with imperil/enWind)
Aegis Strike (needs a paladin with imperil/enHoly)
Stitch in Time (needs a good ninja with mag-boosting relic, basically Onion Knight/Fujin)

Onion Kid can't use Stitch in Time.

Also the single best 6* skill investment is missing from your list.

(It's Curada. With four casts at R1 it's super usable too.)

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Beasteh posted:

I forgot about curada and affliction break. What's omega drive's thing that distinguishes it from full charge?

More hits harder no extra long cast time.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Beasteh posted:

Omega Drive is a stronger Full Charge with half the cast time. It's almost exactly the same potency as a 5-hit Lifebane, but with a lower Attack requirement (977 instead of 1014, for 524 total potency instead of 525).

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Holy poo poo. What orbs does it take?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Power, Fire, Dark.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

It seems like Power Crystals are going to be the real big shortage for most physical based 6* stuff. Affliction Break, Northern Cross, Snowspell Strike and Omega Drive all competing for them, and that's just the useful skills.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Beasteh posted:

You don't need to hone snowspell at all if you have the magnificent sword of constant victory, just have Celes suck up all the spells for infinite uses :science:

I assume you are referring to her Excalibur. Thankfully her original Soul Sabre fulfills this role as well, since how often do we see bosses spamming Holy at us? (I'm looking at you, stripper Yuna.)

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

MSoCV aka Indomitable Blade also sucks up Silences, Slows, Berserks, Dispels, and other annoying WHT spells, which are much more common than Holy.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Beasteh posted:

Frees you up to shatter some of the crap 6*s to hone northern cross which is an absolute godsend for cid missions.

I have R2 Snowspell for Cid Missions, since at least wind is a pretty common weakness, and Squall En-ice SB helps justify my Hone, even with Celes wonderful Runic.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Benthalus posted:

(I'm looking at you, stripper Yuna.)

You would.

Orfeo
Nov 27, 2007

Ectobiology sure does involve a lot of button pushing.
81 mythril banked right now... I'm sure we're gonna get some over the holiday season but that doesn't feel like it'll be enough for Minfilia. My dream en-Wind team is so close to reality!

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

Edgar OSB Trip Report: :gas: :goshawk: :catdrugs:

Finally beat the FFVIII U++, didn't get mastery but that's fine, I just wanted my drat crystals. Edgar's OSB and Celes' SSB were the missing pieces I needed to clear that mess, but not having native Wall is really starting to hurt on long fights; 2 casts from an RW just don't last long enough. But that AoE Poison was great for the first wave, combined with Multi Break on Faris and Tornado Strike Forever on Celes. Eventually, I'd like to get Snowspell on her, but I have no idea where the 5* Ability motes come from. I'm guessing later in the realms, or in an event I missed.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

I am weak. I didn't want to pull on this VI banner, but I like 6 characters so had to pull to see what I got.

3/11.

Luminous Robe gives me a native hastega, Priest Miter... is my first taste of a non-SB 5* from a banner, and Excalibur.

Awesome.

I... have no idea how to fit Celes in my team right now, but having her win-sword makes me happy. Totally fishing for her BSB on any upcoming banners now.

I'm down a pull for OSBFest/FF14, but I'm not sure I'm that upset.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Record dive Celes to White 4 and she's a perfect mitigater/elemental weakness exploiter.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

ETB posted:

Record dive Celes to White 4 and she's a perfect mitigater/elemental weakness exploiter.

Yeah this is definitely my plan. Need to source 4* motes for it though. Haven't had a crack at any of the mote dungeons yet. Did these come up in the Roulette in JP? Might be an easier source for me to get me started.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Wilekat posted:

Totally fishing for her BSB on any upcoming banners now.

I'd consider putting that off. Lightbringer doesn't do much to make Celes that much more relevant as an option for you if you have Excalibur now that Vessel of Fate exists and Alphinaud's +ATK/MAG/Radiant Shield buff is a scant few weeks away. The main draw of the opera sword is, well, it's a Celes relic and she's a popular character. It's a thing for people to chase if they want to use their opera waifu. If that describes you, though, then by all means go nuts.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
With all this talk about Affliction Break, I'm now debating between it and Northern Cross. I like the idea of giving a second support character the ability to mitigate further, but I also like the idea of Celerity users having more options. Does Northern Cross have a higher chance to interrupt than Dismissal?

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

ETB posted:

With all this talk about Affliction Break, I'm now debating between it and Northern Cross. I like the idea of giving a second support character the ability to mitigate further, but I also like the idea of Celerity users having more options. Does Northern Cross have a higher chance to interrupt than Dismissal?

I've heard affliction break is really useful in multiplayer, but is it that useful in any kind of solo content?

For multiplayer would you need more than one person in a group to have it?

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

ETB posted:

Affliction Break is a bit more Niche. Its really good in multiplayer against bosses that spam status ailments, or situations where you have enough break coverage. Northern cross is 1.0 potency more damage and faster cast than Affliction break, and has a little over twice the chance to stun compared to Dismissal.

flowinprose posted:

I've heard affliction break is really useful in multiplayer, but is it that useful in any kind of solo content?

For multiplayer would you need more than one person in a group to have it?

Its a 15 second duration on the enemy you hit(same as full break) so if its rank 2, you can probably keep it up solo on a mp boss.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Are there any good physical Hastega sources floating around right now besides OK BSB and Shout? I have neither and will always pull if I see them, but I'm worried I'll overlook a good alternative -- I really don't like RWing Hastega, even if it's coming on a great RW like Shout. The two charges makes me skittish.

Currently I'm using Paine, but suddenly I have Celes with Excalibur who fits the slot much better, minus the fact Celes doesn't have a Hastega :argh:

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008

ETB posted:

I'm going to try this when possible, maybe I won't hate her as much.

The mote feature really helps, the output of them however very slow.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Wilekat posted:

Are there any good physical Hastega sources floating around right now besides OK BSB and Shout? I have neither and will always pull if I see them, but I'm worried I'll overlook a good alternative -- I really don't like RWing Hastega, even if it's coming on a great RW like Shout. The two charges makes me skittish.

Currently I'm using Paine, but suddenly I have Celes with Excalibur who fits the slot much better, minus the fact Celes doesn't have a Hastega :argh:

Not many good physical hastegas coming up. Onion Gauntlets will probably show up in a festival banner and Shout will show up in the Tyro Selections, but other then that, Cid (VII) gets a Shout clone in Angeal 1 - not bad if you're also chasing stuff for a Wind team.

Here was a quick search I did for upcoming Hastegas on banners. Stopped at the Cecil OSB event, but the next best Hastegas after that are already into USB territory with Tyro and Eiko which seems a bit far off.

Cid (VII)'s Shout clone on Angeal 1
Krile's Sheepsong (MAG +30%, Heavy Regen, Hastega) on Dorgaan 1
Thancred's Jin-Chi-Ten (AoE Wind, Hastega) on XIV 2
Sazh's Boon(Yes, Boon is back on a banner) on Lightning OSB 1
Serah's Endless Blessings (MAG/MND +30%, Hastega) on Lightning OSB 2
Garnet's Divine Guardian (RES +50%, Heavy Regen, Hastega) on Zidane OSB 1
Ramza's Shout on Orlandeau 2
Edge's ???? (Blink + Guts + Hastega) on Cecil OSB 2

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I decided to take a ride on the Edgar OSB hype train.

:rms: It's full of rainbows :aaa:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Wilekat posted:

There's Zack's Apocalypse, which is pretty underwhelming compared to the other options, but if you just want a native hastega it'll do. VII banners seem to pop up a lot, at least.

And of course obligatory "consider the Keeper's Choice II banner" advice for nabbing Shout if you don't have most of the stuff on it already (especially Wall).

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008

Kemix posted:

I decided to take a ride on the Edgar OSB hype train.

:rms: It's full of rainbows :aaa:

That's really awesome, I have his original Bioblaster. Good move but it's only single hit.

Edgar is my favorite six character though so.

.... Should I drop cash and go for it?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
yeah do it

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

You should always whale, and always be pulling. It never disappoints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

You should always whale, and always be pulling. It never disappoints.*

* In particular, it never disappoints us, the goons reading the thread. Your lack of disappointment is not guaranteed.

• Locked thread