Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Is that the IDW Menasor one? Last I knew they had two out I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Rhyno posted:

Carnifex is ucking awesome but I just couldn't justify the price point. I'll be able to get Hasbro Overlord for like $38.

Are there any pictures of Overlord?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

You Am I posted:

He's not even officially confirmed. TR is being really weird, the next wave is due out sooner than later and they haven't previewed half of it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spiderdrake posted:

Speaking of which, how's your TransForEmissions combiner going? How many robots are they up to yet?

Second bot ships in two days or so I'm told. There were some new pics of the combined mode the other day, sounds like they were having issues with the gestalt actually balancing in combined mode.

You Am I posted:

Spiderdrake posted:

He's not even officially confirmed. TR is being really weird, the next wave is due out sooner than later and they haven't previewed half of it.

Yeah nothing other than a render but the mold was designed to be Overlord first but like so many TR bots the alternate bot is coming first (Sentinel Prime, Megatron, Optimus Prime) and the "original" bot is coming later (Astrotrain, Blitzwang, Octane).

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
TFW is mostly garbage but occasionally something good comes from it:

~*submarine mode*~

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin
I just mailed out my Secret Santa's gift. It should get to you Monday or Tuesday. Hope you like it!

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
So will there be a TR Springer down the line? Seems weird that we're getting every other G1 Triple Changer but him, although I suppose it would be pretty much impossible to improve on the Generations Voyager.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I mean, we got another Brainstorm within 2 years. Same for Trailbreaker. So possibly.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Though I'm loathed to link to deviantart, this guy made some cool digibashes of Armada figures out of Titans Return guys and I have to say if they were real, I'd definitely score some of them. They're perfect figures to use for this since the TM gimmick allows you to bring back the Minicon partners and still have them interact with their partners, albeit in a cooler way. I have no personal connection to that version of Hot Shot except for memories of JaaAm CopToR and the feeling that he should at least get a toy that doesn't really suck.

http://sephthestoryteller.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I would buy every single one of those.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Tighclops posted:

have no personal connection to that version of Hot Shot except for memories of JaaAm CopToR and the feeling that he should at least get a toy that doesn't really suck.

Are we forgetting about Hot Shot's most excellent Cybertron/Galaxy Force versions?

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Dec 10, 2016

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Most of those are rad but the Demolishor is a waste of an idea. If you're gonna redo Demolishor, maintain his silhouette and design, because it's so good!

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

SpazmasterX posted:

Are we for hetting about Hot Shot's most excellent Cybertron/Galaxy Force versions?

Ohhh poo poo I forgot about the one where he gets a better colour scheme and becomes an APC, I think I actually have that one too, for shame. My bad. Oh and that wicked combat knife

Still, I don't think there's been a version of him as his yellow car mode self that hasn't been questionable. I had the Generations version but he sucked and I traded him ages ago

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

so, I found this guy for $50 locally. Should I bother getting him? I have no idea who he even is. https://tfsource.com/xtransbots/shafter/

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

It's a hard call to make, but Vangelus did a review and he seems pretty solid.

Penis joke.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Daaku Shinsei posted:

so, I found this guy for $50 locally. Should I bother getting him? I have no idea who he even is. https://tfsource.com/xtransbots/shafter/

He's a third party Erector based on the Xtransbots version of Huffer.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

DoctorWhat posted:

Penis joke.

Are you saying there's something bawdy about the brand name Erector, who's slogan in the early 20th century was "Boys Today-Men Tomorrow"?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

WickedHate posted:

Are you saying there's something bawdy about the brand name Erector, who's slogan in the early 20th century was "Boys Today-Men Tomorrow"?

No, I think it's an excellent fit.

tight.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I see that yellow bastard on sale every Black Friday, every spring, every Christmas- the TFCon can't get rid of theirs either.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

A certain segment of the fandom's efforts to get him elected to the already meaningless "Hall of Fame" were pretty sad.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

A certain segment of the fandom's efforts to get him elected to the already meaningless "Hall of Fame" were pretty sad.

Maybe they know it's worthless and that is why they are nominating a dick joke.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

TFRazorsaw posted:

A certain segment of the fandom's efforts to get him elected to the already meaningless "Hall of Fame" was were pretty sad the holy work of Primus made manifest on our world.

There. Fixed up some typos for you. :)

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It was fine as a joke leading up to the actual event, and the video that Hasbro made lampshading him being a total nobody.

But the wailing and gnashing of teeth when he didn't win and then getting mad when Hasbro said "please don't do this again" was what was stupid and embarrassing.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
TR Fangry and Sawback are so cute you guys. Saw them in the wild today but was in Errand Mode so who knows if they will be there if I get a chance to go back.

Spacebus is a good dude, a good Space Bus, but Mrs. Rainbowbeard took one look at his train mode and asked if it was a submarine.

MP Inferno is an accurate-ish Mitsubishi Fuso and an adorable little fatbody dude. I wish his (shoulder? neck?) cannon had an option to switch to an off white version like his nozzle-hand and chestplate, and that his hose could plug in somewhere. If you put the water effect in the hose he can hold it like a waterlightsaber and this is canon now.:colbert:

MP Thrust is pretty good. His waist and the extending bits in his legs flop a tiny bit, but he has none of the chest problems of the Mp Seeker mold. A little floor wax should make him perfect. Due to his transformation, his back isn't as flush and tabbed-in as the non-conehead MPs. His head becomes part of the nosecone but the top half of the pilot area rotates 180 degrees during transformation, with the pilot seat becoming upside down, instead of hidden in the chest. It's not anywhere close to a huge deal, and the transformation is pretty cool. You can fold this wings, which are attached to his calves, back so he doesn't look like MC Hammer. I kind of wish they were low on his back, like a skirt, attached at the hips, but he is drat fine looking. Looked really hard at Dirge and Ramjet, I think I'm done with MP seekers for now.

Thrust is special.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So against advice I pulled the trigger on that Apollyon. It arrived today and it's pretty nifty for what I paid. Then I noticed one of the small fiddly bits on the left leg had broken off. I messaged the seller and she gave me another $20 credit towards a future purchase as an apology. So I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on a Citizen Stack now.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
You probably aren't gonna transform Apollyon very often, speaking from experience.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You probably aren't gonna transform Apollyon very often, speaking from experience.

Or ever. He's already next to Prime in a detolf.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

People who do not take joy in transforming their transformers should not have them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

People who do not take joy in transforming their transformers should not have them.

I'm busying playing with my RID guys!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

DoctorWhat posted:

Pull that Rung out of your rear end.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

DoctorWhat posted:

I love transforming all my Transformers!

Except Apollyon. He is a nightmare.

Despotron, on the other hand...

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I just transformed Apollyon for the first time in a few years to trade him out for Mightron on my shelf (Apollyon will be my gun-mode Megatron), I was surprised I was able to figure it out from intuition and subconscious memory. Apollyon's complicated, but he's not the absolute worst or anything. Last time I transformed MP-5 I did have to break out the instructions.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just transformed him and holy gently caress that swivel bar for the arms is terrifying to position. Once he's back in bot mode he's staying like that.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
See what I mean? It's not hard, it's just not fun and joyful.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I love transforming all my Transformers!

Except Apollyon. He is a nightmare.

Despotron, on the other hand...

Despotron's transformation might be my favourite one, other than the head being kind of stiff and awkward when trying to swivel it back out of his chest when you're going alt->bot

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
Titans Return Hot Rod is pretty great. Simple but good looking transformation, good colors ( outside some scratched paint on the cockpit) and drat solid. I don't even see the wobbly legs many have. Like my only issue is the head being a touch further back than I would like and the TM guns being a bit meh. (But nearly every gun that becomes a seat in this line is sorta poo poo to some degree. )

Overall though it's the best Hot Rod overall. Honestly even looks better than his 2nd Mp with that odd back kibble. Like his back folds nicely here.

He isn't flawless but very drat good unless you hate Headmasters.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm not a huge fan of headmasters, to be honest. They're an okay gimmick, especially fort max's matryoshka doll one, but other than that I'm always afraid of popping the drat things in and out will snap the head peg off in the neck hole and then the figure'll just be hosed up forever.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm not a huge fan of headmasters, to be honest. They're an okay gimmick, especially fort max's matryoshka doll one, but other than that I'm always afraid of popping the drat things in and out will snap the head peg off in the neck hole and then the figure'll just be hosed up forever.

Even when I was a kid, that bothered me about Headmasters.

With Targetmasters, you can have big robot holding gun, car with gun on it, or big robot teaming up with little robot.

With Headmasters, you can have big robot looking the way he's supposed to or little robot driving vehicle, but no big robot/little robot team-ups.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

See what I mean? It's not hard, it's just not fun and joyful.

Yeah, not fun at all. He'll be back in bot mode to keep MP-10 company while I decide which scale I want to keep on display.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

What I love about the titanmasters -and I didn't even expect to like it so much- is the added play value of having a little pilot for your vehicle. I mean not only is triggerhappy an excellent figure, but also being a cool spaceship with an opening cockpit and pilot figure adds so, so much to the overall package. Takes it from very good to fantastic.