Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Amoeba102 posted:

I know exactly what would happen D1. Someone* would use all their votes in joke phase.

*Everyone.

I'd hold onto all of my votes and use them to turn d5 into Joke Phase V2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Amoeba102 posted:

Has anyone done a secret vote thing, where you have to PM votes to the mod which may or may not be revealed on the flip?

I made a role that has that as a secret day action. It replaces votefinder with a secret ballot, moves the deadline to 2 hours from the mod's post of the 'rules' in the thread, disallows unvotes, gives the power role extra votes, changes lynch to plurality, and makes it so the top two vote leaders in the secret ballot are lynched.

It's a scum/self aligned role without doc access and without knowledge of the scum team members.

Unfortunately they lynched it D1 and it decided not to use its ability so I didn't get to test it really.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Unfortunately they lynched it D1 and it decided not to use its ability so I didn't get to test it really.

This always happens.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

This always happens.

I'll put five of them in next time (not really).

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I made a role that has that as a secret day action. It replaces votefinder with a secret ballot, moves the deadline to 2 hours from the mod's post of the 'rules' in the thread, disallows unvotes, gives the power role extra votes, changes lynch to plurality, and makes it so the top two vote leaders in the secret ballot are lynched.

It's a scum/self aligned role without doc access and without knowledge of the scum team members.

I really feel your pain on this. One time I created a tarot card power where the person could draw a card and have the fates decide what they did. I painstakingly created this gigantic odds thing with all the options.

They got lynched D1.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Eight Dollars posted:

I really feel your pain on this. One time I created a tarot card power where the person could draw a card and have the fates decide what they did. I painstakingly created this gigantic odds thing with all the options.

They got lynched D1.

Well, the role is made now lol, and it can always end up in a future role madness game. But yeah, would have been interesting had it actually been tried out.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The only time it worked was when I was made unkillable as Trump.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Eight Dollars posted:

They got lynched D1.

This will happen without fail

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I once made a role that could literally erase a player from existence if they targeted that player two nights in a row. The erased player wouldn't be flipped, their name would be removed from the OP, even the mod doc would scrub every reference to them.

the role died day 2.

so! you know! the rule still holds true! it's just "the cool role always dies one day before they get to be cool."

also hi $8 miss you

Max
Nov 30, 2002

EccoRaven posted:

I once made a role that could literally erase a player from existence if they targeted that player two nights in a row. The erased player wouldn't be flipped, their name would be removed from the OP, even the mod doc would scrub every reference to them.

the role died day 2.

so! you know! the rule still holds true! it's just "the cool role always dies one day before they get to be cool."

also hi $8 miss you

Yeah, it's inevitable.

Again, the only time it worked was when I was Trump, and I was on my way to a lunch D1. The only thing that stopped it was that no one could kill me, literally.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I was a poo poo talking stump in busb's game, that was fun.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

CCKeane posted:

I remember that. We tried to kill you so much.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My favourite role that died D1 was the supercop lover from TNG that Ernie had. He could investigate someone and would get their entire role PM, but then he would become unrequited lovers with them where if they died, he died, but if he died nothing happened to them. He could keep investigating and would just add more lovers, so it was a ticking clock on when to reveal.

And then he got dayvigged in less than 24 hours.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

CCKeane posted:

The end of that game was fun as hell

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

All I'm hearing is all these roles need to be put in a single game. Then at least one of them can survive.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

GED tests seem so easy! I can't believe I went to high school for 6 years when I could have just done this instead

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Ernie. posted:

All I'm hearing is all these roles need to be put in a single game. Then at least one of them can survive.

Onward came the meteors.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

GED tests seem so easy! I can't believe I went to high school for 6 years when I could have just done this instead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xe6nLVXEC0

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I actually attended my health, civics, careers, politics and practical math classes but i agree with the title

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Poison Mushroom posted:

Hey, Opop and/or Somber:

We should collaborate on a cool weird-roles heavy-story game for once things clear up again.

I just found out my workplace is closing up in January so I am trying to throw myself into new productive endeavors.

I have another Cloaks game designed if that's a thing you want to work on with me. I could use a co-mod. I'm working my way up to a big ole' game and I want to test some mechanics and story ideas beforehand.

I'd love to work with someone else, but i think i'm generally a terrible creative partner.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yesterday, I found out that my job, the first one I've had in over six months and one I've finally found comfortable without being at constant risk of panic attack, is closing at the end of January.

I, of course, had a panic attack so bad that I threw up and got sent home. I have no idea if I can even get myself to go to work any more. But I need to because I need money. I want to, maybe need to, call out tomorrow. But I am also going to be badly in need of money, and am trying to get promoted before everything shuts down so that I'll at least have that on my resume. I have reason to suspect that one of my close friends, and a former girlfriend, may have either been hurt or hurt herself after the election, and I haven't heard from her in a month. I am constantly on edge and have been unfairly snapping at my roommate more and more often recently, and Donald Trump is our loving president and Jesus Christ everything is going to poo poo and I have no idea what to do.

I am not equipped to deal with this.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I am a grotesque patchwork of anxiety, fear, anger and disappointment barely held in the shape of a person by a paper thin shell of antidepressants and denial.

I think the election broke something fundamental in me and everything since has just been the rest collapsing under its own weight.

... I need to go to bed.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

Yesterday, I found out that my job, the first one I've had in over six months and one I've finally found comfortable without being at constant risk of panic attack, is closing at the end of January.

I, of course, had a panic attack so bad that I threw up and got sent home. I have no idea if I can even get myself to go to work any more. But I need to because I need money. I want to, maybe need to, call out tomorrow. But I am also going to be badly in need of money, and am trying to get promoted before everything shuts down so that I'll at least have that on my resume. I have reason to suspect that one of my close friends, and a former girlfriend, may have either been hurt or hurt herself after the election, and I haven't heard from her in a month. I am constantly on edge and have been unfairly snapping at my roommate more and more often recently, and Donald Trump is our loving president and Jesus Christ everything is going to poo poo and I have no idea what to do.

Negotiating a promotion or a promotion in name only for a company that is shutting down is fairly easy. Here is a script:

"(Boss), I've been very happy working here and I'm sorry to hear that this location will be shutting down. I will ride out to the end of business (if you can), but I'm wondering if I can have the title of (whatever) so that I can have an easier time looking for work in this field come the end of January."

This is assuming you have good rapport with your boss and they are reasonable.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Poison Mushroom posted:

:glomp:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
That sucks PMush :(

The only positive thing is that you know it's coming. On the off chance you're not a seasoned procrastinator like myself, you've got a reasonable amount of time to prepare for the end of this job.

Your resume/CV is probably pretty up to date, and hopefully you can adapt your cover letter to new positions. Also, if money is going to be tight, you can start scrounging now.

You can get through this :)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Negotiating a promotion or a promotion in name only for a company that is shutting down is fairly easy. Here is a script:

"(Boss), I've been very happy working here and I'm sorry to hear that this location will be shutting down. I will ride out to the end of business (if you can), but I'm wondering if I can have the title of (whatever) so that I can have an easier time looking for work in this field come the end of January."

This is assuming you have good rapport with your boss and they are reasonable.

Exactly right. Go get em, Pmush!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
If you don't mind me asking, PMush, what is your professional skillset?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

JJ imo that should be asked over PMs if you must know

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I need three more for my game! Come play kingmaker!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3801000

also look at that neat thread ID! don't all those zeroes entice you to join? so fancy.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

PMush, move to Canada, everything is better here and it will all be ok.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

JJ imo that should be asked over PMs if you must know

Apologies.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Probably not gonna run it for a bit, but does anyone want to take a look at my setup?

High school Mafia. A role madness game for 13 players. Everyone gets at least 3 abilities (though some may be 1-shot) and 1 of the three abilities is chosen by RNG and independent of alignment/role.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Thank you secert santa for helping me enable my gundam addiction

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

It's not Mafia, but does anyone have a link to Cena's Survivor Mod doc template? Or just any Survivor/Big Brother mod doc template?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Hurt posted:

It's not Mafia, but does anyone have a link to Cena's Survivor Mod doc template? Or just any Survivor/Big Brother mod doc template?

Here's the one for ABB2:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SEpnS0818W3Rr4uHICnkW_r7AlXie1WR3gUfbvwzH8E/edit?usp=sharing

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Dr. Hurt posted:

pre-sign

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Poque posted:

pre-sign

Ahh!! I'm noting this down, but just so you know I'm not planning on doing this until the end of April. That way once school is done I'll be able to focus my total attention to modding (with the help of pera as co-mod). It will give you plenty of time to prepare for the thrill that awaits you.

Thanks Asiina! This really helps.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hey hurt :3:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

and eightbux :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Krunge posted:

If you don't mind me asking, PMush, what is your professional skillset?
I actually don't mind answering this!

Most of my skillset is comp/admin asst type stuff, though I'm currently working fast food.

MG's sending me a practice booklet for getting CCTA certification, which should help a lot, if I can get that in time. If not, hey, I have enough of a skillset that I can probably be a pretty decent secretary? :j: