Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Note Block posted:

My beastly Lunala is Modest. Should I be aiming for a Timid nature when I go to capture Cosmog?

If you want to compete without using trick room and have some other support, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Note Block posted:

My beastly Lunala is Modest. Should I be aiming for a Timid nature when I go to capture Cosmog?
"capture"

Synchronize works 100% on it because it's an overworld event. Nothing to aim for if you have an Abra!

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

DACK FAYDEN posted:

"capture"

Synchronize works 100% on it because it's an overworld event. Nothing to aim for if you have an Abra!

Oh, I was unaware the Cosmog is a gift. What ball does it come in?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Note Block posted:

Oh, I was unaware the Cosmog is a gift. What ball does it come in?
Poke :(

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Well Smogon has a good guide for a Modest Choice Scarf Lunala so there's that I guess.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Note Block posted:

Well Smogon has a good guide for a Modest Choice Scarf Lunala so there's that I guess.

No items for this comp.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Emalde posted:

No items for this comp.

I don't care about whatever thing is currently going on, it's just for battle spot (no events)

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Wait a tic. No one's Beast Balled Skarmory yet?! poo poo, why didn't I go straight for that?

I got this! I'll go after it next.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Does nobody really want these 5IV beast ball Miniors? They're going to GTS if that's the case. I can trade them for anything later tonight.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

probably late to the party on this, but Alolan Raticate w/ Hustle and max attack does bonkers damage and is a fun pokemon to run as a revenge killer

dark/normal is some good typin'

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Emalde posted:

Our first battle competition is live!

However, it should have used this for the image:

50 BP just for participating in 3 matches is a pretty nice deal.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

JackDarko posted:

Does nobody really want these 5IV beast ball Miniors? They're going to GTS if that's the case. I can trade them for anything later tonight.

What's Minior used for? I'll take one anyways if you're just going to put them on the GTS.

Sukimin | 3265-5893-6274

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Emalde posted:

Our first battle competition is live!

However, it should have used this for the image:

how do i register for this it seems fun + easy BP

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

I was looking at the Global Link page and I found this nugget I didn't see before:

quote:

Rental Teams
An exciting new feature is coming to the Pokémon Global Link soon—you'll be able to battle with teams borrowed from other players. The Rental Team feature lets you try out teams and strategies that would ordinarily take a long time to put together. Or maybe you want to help a friend battle against a variety of teams. Rental Teams make it easy to train and prepare like never before! But when it comes time for a real competition, you'll have to put together your own team—Rental Teams won't be allowed in formal tournaments. Look forward to Rental Teams coming to the Pokémon Global Link early next year.

:o

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Aww, I got a Solgaleo off GTS yesterday and a Lunala today. Both nicknamed Nebby. :3: I'm glad that's so widespread

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

So is there anything Lunala can do to take down a Sp-Def focued Aloan Muk. Cause I'm thinking it'd be the best counter to one.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Ostentatious posted:

probably late to the party on this, but Alolan Raticate w/ Hustle and max attack does bonkers damage and is a fun pokemon to run as a revenge killer

give it freakin hone claws

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

McDragon posted:

Aww, I got a Solgaleo off GTS yesterday and a Lunala today. Both nicknamed Nebby. :3: I'm glad that's so widespread

hosed up that people are trading their nebbys away

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I finally, FINALLY had a Pancham summon a Goomy on Route 17 after hours of attempts...only for me to OHKO it accidentally with a critical hit. :negative:

My Mimikyu is 15 levels higher than my other party members purely from trying to catch a Goomy.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Ostentatious posted:

got a spare Adamant one you wanna throw my way?? I'll even take rejects, I just want one!

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Dr Pepper posted:

So is there anything Lunala can do to take down a Sp-Def focued Aloan Muk.

252+ SpA Lunala Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Muk-Alola: 78-94 (36.7 - 44.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Muk-Alola Crunch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Shadow Shield Lunala: 144-170 (67.9 - 80.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

nope

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Dec 10, 2016

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

got a spare Adamant one you wanna throw my way?? I'll even take rejects, I just want one!

I'm working on getting more, but if I get one I'll message you!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Ruggington posted:

252+ SpA Lunala Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Muk-Alola: 78-94 (36.7 - 44.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Muk-Alola Crunch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Shadow Shield Lunala: 144-170 (67.9 - 80.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

nope

I'm surprised it needs 2 hits, it's 4x damage. Multisca-I mean, Shadow Shield OP.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Supremezero posted:

I'm surprised it needs 2 hits, it's 4x damage. Multisca-I mean, Shadow Shield OP.

Pair him with a hail or sandstorm inducer, protect (or better yet, sub) first turn.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Supremezero posted:

That's pretty much the whole purpose of the ability. Or is this the damage without including Shadow Shield?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
So rare kitchens kinda suck huh? I got the 5 star one off a goon and it's honestly not a great way to level up

Really not sure if plaza is good for anything.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Ostentatious posted:

I'm working on getting more, but if I get one I'll message you!

Thanks man. Only just realized recently how good the rat and Alola Persian are

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Twelve by Pies posted:

I finally, FINALLY had a Pancham summon a Goomy on Route 17 after hours of attempts...only for me to OHKO it accidentally with a critical hit. :negative:

My Mimikyu is 15 levels higher than my other party members purely from trying to catch a Goomy.

I got tons of Goomy if you want one, I'll be online later this evening.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

FishBulb posted:

So rare kitchens kinda suck huh? I got the 5 star one off a goon and it's honestly not a great way to level up

Uh what? 300FC to go from 89 to 98 is a price I'll happily pay and have paid daily the last 3 days. There's only so much E4 grinding you can do in a day before your brain turns to mush.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Very little reason to take any Pokémon to 100. Just for hyper training right?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

FishBulb posted:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Psystrike_(move)

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

You can also fight other players at level 100 again, but you need to set the ruleset beforehand.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Can't you learn moves early from the move relearned now? I now it worked with giga impact on my snorlax.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

FishBulb posted:

Well yeah, if you're not using the kitchen the way it's meant then it's not going to be very effective.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

FishBulb posted:

Its a fast way to get bottle caps and also dyed clothing is pretty cool if you're into that sort of thing.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Yukari posted:

Its a fast way to get bottle caps and also dyed clothing is pretty cool if you're into that sort of thing.

How you get the bottle caps? Lottery?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Yukari posted:

Great way to catch up on your type matchups!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
why festival coins. i can only do the same type-matchup test sooooo many times before it gets real stale

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

spit on my clit posted:

why festival coins. i can only do the same type-matchup test sooooo many times before it gets real stale

That's why you should go show off your muscles instead, and want to strangle people with certain greetings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Unhappy Meal posted:

That's why you should go show off your muscles instead, and want to strangle people with certain greetings.

shaooooh