Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

No, internet stranger. You should not name your child Ellie Kelly. Don't do that.

I thought of this thread this week when my husband and I discovered that while we thought we had agreed on a name for our baby if it's a boy, we each thought we'd agreed on a different name.

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.

Dogfish posted:

I like the -adens better than the -sons, but that's just personal preference. I'll take a Jaden over a Jackson or a Greyson - or, worse yet, a Jaxen or a Greyzen - any day.

I know a guy whose name is Lewis Jackson xxxxxx the Fourth. He goes by Jackson for some unfathomable reason, and apparently so did his father. I still can't believe there've been FOUR of them.

Also, not a terrible name, but I met a very sweet lady named Ethel at work today. I love the early 20th century names. (Ethel herself is only 45 or so, so it's definitely not a resurgence of the names sadly.)

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Speaking of names and ages, Jeremy Clarkson is the oldest Jeremy I've heard of.

I also can't picture certain names with a baby. Like Paul. Baby Paul? Nah.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dogfish posted:

No, internet stranger. You should not name your child Ellie Kelly. Don't do that.

I thought of this thread this week when my husband and I discovered that while we thought we had agreed on a name for our baby if it's a boy, we each thought we'd agreed on a different name.

They could just call her Eleanor I guess.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Aphrodite posted:

They could just call her Eleanor I guess.

Eleanor Kelly is a fairly normal sounding name.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
Lara Croft was on Jeopardy tonight.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Eleanor Kelly is a fairly normal sounding name.

Can't have that!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Khazar-khum posted:

Can't have that!

Kelleanor?

Sounds like a minor LOTR character.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
Friend of a friend on Facebook is Autum. :smith:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Kelleanor?

Sounds like a minor LOTR character.

Kelleanor, gee I think you're kswelleanor

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Pastry of the Year posted:

Kelleanor, gee I think you're kswelleanor

You're my pride and joy, Atsatrah

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Cotey. Sounds like one of Wayne Gretzky's made up names, but it's a real person.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009
Is there a weird name thing with Wayne Gretzky? Because if there is I definitely want to know about it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dogfish posted:

Is there a weird name thing with Wayne Gretzky? Because if there is I definitely want to know about it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3506614&userid=122025

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009
Ah.

Well, in my defence, I am Canadian, so the first thing that springs to mind when someone says Wayne Gretzky is...Wayne Gretzky.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dnobdner is still my fave :allears:

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
I actually searched through his posts to find a good name for a D&D one-off character once.

It was Toogy, btw.

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.
Wayne's names always made me laugh, but seeing them all at once just made me laugh til I cried.

The Golden Man posted:

Could you imagine if you met some one named Scroden?

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

and to think, there were people who got mad at them for it

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Memorie

TheWorstAtWords
May 27, 2012
I was helped at Home Depot the other day by a man named Rayde.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I had to look after some kids last week and two of them were named Xander, and one was named Branch. It was funny seeing the two Xanders moms meet, I observed what I perceived to be a look of mild disappointment on the one mom's face when she heard her special snowflake wasn't quite so special.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Logann. For a girl.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Rough Lobster posted:

I had to look after some kids last week and two of them were named Xander, and one was named Branch. It was funny seeing the two Xanders moms meet, I observed what I perceived to be a look of mild disappointment on the one mom's face when she heard her special snowflake wasn't quite so special.

Xander is a pretty normal name my man, it's just a shortened version of Alexander

cnut
May 3, 2016

Had a piano teacher named Miss Anus (short A sound). She was from Hungary. I was only 6 so I didn't understand why my mom LOL'd when she found out her name.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I will not hear of anyone dissing Xander Berkeley. RIP George Mason :patriot:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

the_sea_hag
Oct 9, 2012
LOAF FANCIER
People who work in hospital supply chain always seem to have weird names. I sent a POD to Zoncireth Robustelli.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Cosmo

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

You got the name.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

constantinople posted:

People who work in hospital supply chain always seem to have weird names. I sent a POD to Zoncireth Robustelli.

Welp, I googled "Zoncireth" and that person is most of the first two pages. Is this a reference to something? I'm very curious, it's a hella weird and cool name.

the_sea_hag
Oct 9, 2012
LOAF FANCIER

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Welp, I googled "Zoncireth" and that person is most of the first two pages. Is this a reference to something? I'm very curious, it's a hella weird and cool name.

I can only imagine that it might be some kind of anglicized Welsh, if it's pronounced how it's spelled. Anglicized from what, I don't know.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I was not expecting it to be a woman's name. She is apparently a civil engineer by training and a very successful businesswoman.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Crocoswine posted:

Xander is a pretty normal name my man, it's just a shortened version of Alexander

Though I was immediately reminded of that guy from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Reminds me I used to work with a (white, blonde) girl named Xythe. Kinda sounds like the name of a Greek demigoddess or something so I googled it and all I found was her blog.

Also I just remembered I met a guy named Meredith this week, and a woman named Amber Lantz. Been a great week.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

poop dood posted:

Reminds me I used to work with a (white, blonde) girl named Xythe. Kinda sounds like the name of a Greek demigoddess or something so I googled it and all I found was her blog.

Also I just remembered I met a guy named Meredith this week, and a woman named Amber Lantz. Been a great week.

The dude who played The Penguin was called Burgess Meredith which is basically a woman's name reversed.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Michaeljoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Kid at the shopping centre just now being called over by his morbidly obese mother.

"Aspen, don't wander off!"