Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Ak Gara posted:

aaaw yis HDR photos. Now if only I had an LG B6.

Your R33 might have dodgy handling if it has Bridgestone, Falken and BFGoodrich tyres on fyi

e: I'm a little upset that some of the cars aren't available to drive but are in the game as traffic such as the compract E36 and the Transit Diesel.

Falken fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Meet Amanda.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

quote:

Your R33 might have dodgy handling if it has Bridgestone, Falken and BFGoodrich tyres on fyi
So what you're saying is, my Drivatart could be making even more money if replace one of my tyres with a Pirelli?

Falken posted:

Meet Amanda.

Huh. Mad Max car in non Interceptor livery?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

The Talbot goes vootooootootoooot.

e: I really wish you had the option of a race suit and helmet rather than having some random millenial ruining pictures. Had to take a female character because all the male ones I just wanted to find who they were modelled off of, and punch them in the face.

Falken fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Dec 5, 2016

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Ak Gara posted:

Huh. Mad Max car in non Interceptor livery?

That's not a mad max car, it's a sick rear end Torana like this:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
I haven't played in a while but Torana was the clear #1 for drift section world leaderboards in the first month or so of this game.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Ak Gara posted:

Two Tone Semi Gloss blue on blue. Polished Aluminium or Polished Carbon Fibre with the tint set to blue looked good, too. Now if only FH3 didn't save in crappy jpg. [edit] Using xbox one controller's screenshot function exports a png to OneDrive.

This is gorgeous.

I'd like to say I'm excited about the upcoming DLC, except I can't for the life of me race anything offroad in this game. I generally race the AI at Unbeatable with no assists (except braking), but when I do anything offroad I have to bring it down two levels, and even then it's not a given I"ll win. I'm guessing snowy areas will be just as bad :(

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

I'm winning! I'M WINNING!!

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Sythwave > VAPORWAVE. :colbert:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Ak Gara posted:

Sythwave > VAPORWAVE. :colbert:

More pics of this plz, I've just started on a Miami Vice vaporwave livery for this beast

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Oh sir do I have the song for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkLvpt9Z3fA

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

New car pack is out

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FH3_Logitech_G_Car_Pack

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

I noticed the Morgan has a motorcycle engine. What other cars can take this? I'm guessing anything small like the mini. The 595 Essessesessessess has it.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

They should add the Trabant since the Hayabusa engine is already ingame.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

gently caress that, add this:

http://www.redbull.com/uk/en/motorsports/offroad/stories/1331820035476/kamaz-new-launch-2016

panels inside look like they were lifted out of a loving Soyuz.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Falken posted:

I noticed the Morgan has a motorcycle engine. What other cars can take this? I'm guessing anything small like the mini. The 595 Essessesessessess has it.

Its the the V-2 from a Harley and the transmission from a Miata. I'd love to have one but i am sure they cost more than they are worth.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Its the the V-2 from a Harley and the transmission from a Miata. I'd love to have one but i am sure they cost more than they are worth.
Oh, it has one stock as well? I meant it can take the l4 motorcycle engine.

The cost of a morgan is most likely due to the fact it uses all old practices for building such as bonded wooden frames and the like.

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012
what perfect timing. I was watching the Top Gear episode which featured the Morgan last night and wishing it was in FH3.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Holy poo poo I had to drive balls to the wall for my C Class car to keep up with this 288 GTO! It's such a fun car to drive.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

With 140k in my pocket, I managed to grab a C110 Nissan Skyline, Lancia 037 and a 1992 Honda NSX in the auction house.

I like the auction haus.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Man the GTR R32 is so much quicker than the GTR R33. It's got 150 more horsepower and 500 lbs lighter with MORE grip for the same PI. I'm at the top of the club rival boards with every B, A, and S1 Class track I take it to, as well as C with the '71 GTR.

Of course it helps that after every loving Gran Turismo game, alll the Forza's, plus other racing sims... I finally figured out how to tune a diff.

I tried to auction buy the #1 Nismo race car but it kept saying "failed to download required marketplace data" is it because I don't have the All-Star car pack?

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Ak Gara posted:

I tried to auction buy the #1 Nismo race car but it kept saying "failed to download required marketplace data" is it because I don't have the All-Star car pack?

If you don't own that content pack, then you can't buy those cars off the marketplace either. Same for any car pack.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Picked up an M12 Warthog off the AH the other night, was surprised to see so many at a sane price (450k or so buyout). Pity you can't really upgrade it, but it's very fun to arse around someones farm like a oval office for a while.

Also, now that I've fixed my wheel to be 1:1 linearity at 540deg, offroading in that ariel thing is terrifying. Constantly having to opposite lock whilst having the throttle welded to the firewall is hilarious fun.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Muttering Hobo trying to take back his lap record that I took with my GTR R32 :argh:

So I beat him again by 0.4xx, this time only touching the brakes for one corner, but then he beat me again by 0.4xx...using an GTR R32 :v:

Unrelated:

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

What is the club name anyway?

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Guys i havent made a video since july :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31ilY4fC-MI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL6zOgc1cPs

Is this horizon phase over yet? I need more footage!

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Dec 10, 2016

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Guys i havent made a video since july :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31ilY4fC-MI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL6zOgc1cPs

Is this horizon phase over yet? I need more footage!

You're never online. Your complaints are moot.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Falken posted:

What is the club name anyway?

The tag's GRRC if I'm remembering correctly. I haven't played for a week or so but plan on doing so more in the near future. Also, I taught myself to drift (poorly :( ) in an El Camino last time I played. I'm still a total scrub when it comes to manual gearboxes but I'm trying to get better.

I may be talking poo poo seeing as the videos above me have GRC but I could have sworn I was in GRRC with a bunch of other goons.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Dec 10, 2016

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
When Atmus was rushing along with us to establish GRC as the club in FH3, he found it was already taken; so we (the goon club in FH3) are GRRC.

GRC is the goon club for FM6.

There is also an XBox Live club for racing goons called GRC. They're all very easy to join.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Thanks for clarifying that.

Also, I gather the Forza Motorsport series is more simulation-y than the Horizons ones?

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Hexenritter posted:

Thanks for clarifying that.

Also, I gather the Forza Motorsport series is more simulation-y than the Horizons ones?

I don't know if the driving physics are the same but I wish they combined the two so we could drive to the FM6 tracks. Also it's about time some one made Deals Gap in an open world driving game.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Ak Gara posted:

I don't know if the driving physics are the same but I wish they combined the two so we could drive to the FM6 tracks. Also it's about time some one made Deals Gap in an open world driving game.

That kind of answers my question inadvertantly, though I should have asked the question more eloquently.

edit: Actually bothering to google-fu it, from what I'm reading, yeah the FM games are more "professional motorsport career" like Project Cars, Dirt, GRID, etc.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Dec 10, 2016

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Forza horizon grc seems like it might have a lot of non goons in it

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

ethanol posted:

at least the Xbox gamertag associated with my email address has LLJK in it so people know I'm a goon.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

ethanol posted:

GRC or GRRC?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Ak Gara posted:

GRC or GRRC?

Grrc

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Pretty much anyone can join. We're cool with it.

If anyone acts egregiously out of line, just message one of the leaders. It's a Goon club so pretty much anything goes.

Also, feel free to request invites to the GRC Xbox club, one of us will add you to the group.

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly

Ak Gara posted:

Muttering Hobo trying to take back his lap record that I took with my GTR R32 :argh:

So I beat him again by 0.4xx, this time only touching the brakes for one corner, but then he beat me again by 0.4xx...using an GTR R32 :v:

I'm a little surprised myself that I often end up on the top of the goon club leaderboards. I don't try to pick the perfect car for every track and tune every car to the limit, or try to do perfect laps where I memorise every braking point for every single corner. I just try to go fast. I would love if others just tried to go fast too and tried to fight me.

Please fight me.

Please.

Best regards,
Muttering Hobo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

I've got two cars up on the auction house, a redone KTDA and the pink version of that car. They have my A800 tune on them. Looking for reference photos was really annoying because there's a lot of lovely radio controlled cars / model cars with a bad attempt and the livery.

Sebastian Flyte posted:

I'm a little surprised myself that I often end up on the top of the goon club leaderboards. I don't try to pick the perfect car for every track and tune every car to the limit, or try to do perfect laps where I memorise every braking point for every single corner. I just try to go fast. I would love if others just tried to go fast too and tried to fight me.

Please fight me.

Please.

Best regards,
Muttering Hobo

Hah, the back and forth with laptimes is what it's all about!

• Locked thread