Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
anyone who goes by "Himself" is probably a real smarmy customer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
one of my uni friends is this autistic supergenius lunatic who loves insane high fantasy worldbuilding and complicated mythos and is also passionate about character design, and she's never been able to find a webcomic that quite meets her high standards but i got to introduce her to k6bd and at last, at last...! now i get to wake up to late-night conspiracy theories featuring characters i have absolutely no memory of who are mentioned like twice in the depths of the tumblr forging tenuous connections that don't mean anything and that i don't really care about but at least she's happy and it occupies her mind, without which she would probably be killing people and stitching them together into unholy creatures of the night by now. so thank you, abaddon

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Avshalom posted:

it occupies her mind, without which she would probably be killing people and stitching them together into unholy creatures of the night by now.

If you want to be commended for preventing this you've come to the wrong loving place.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Avshalom posted:

one of my uni friends is this autistic supergenius lunatic who loves insane high fantasy worldbuilding and complicated mythos and is also passionate about character design, and she's never been able to find a webcomic that quite meets her high standards but i got to introduce her to k6bd and at last, at last...! now i get to wake up to late-night conspiracy theories featuring characters i have absolutely no memory of who are mentioned like twice in the depths of the tumblr forging tenuous connections that don't mean anything and that i don't really care about but at least she's happy and it occupies her mind, without which she would probably be killing people and stitching them together into unholy creatures of the night by now. so thank you, abaddon

Did you tell her about Homestuck?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Cat Mattress posted:

Don't for your and her sanity.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Ixjuvin posted:

Last time Himself got out He left refrigerator doors open all across Throne. its loving unacceptable

At the edge of the multiverse is a sacred paper container which holds the milk of Mother YIS herself, and once wars which scorched the sky and shredded space-time were fought over a single drop, until Himself drank like seven-eighths straight from the carton and then just left it out on a table.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Cat Mattress posted:

the art isn't exciting enough

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
k6bd is her one and only love, and tbh mine too

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i think humans are food, and drugs

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

humans contain mind-altering substances, yes

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

admittedly so does chocolate

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

and devils

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
when you drink Blue Devil Liquor youre basically drinking magic motor oil.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
yabalchoath is one of my favourite designs so far although giant killer baby will always be the best

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Tell your friend that if she has wild theories or fanfics she can totally submit them to Operant and he'll maybe incorporate them if they're interesting and esoteric enough!

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Mr. Lobe posted:

Tell your friend that if she has wild theories or fanfics she can totally submit them to Operant and he'll maybe incorporate them if they're interesting and esoteric enough!

Looking forwards to Mathangi Ten Meti/Huge Explosion becoming canon

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i just read a comic where a character comes extremely close to Royalty and now i'm wondering how common of a (previously unnamed) trope or whatever you'd call it it is

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Tollymain posted:

i just read a comic where a character comes extremely close to Royalty and now i'm wondering how common of a (previously unnamed) trope or whatever you'd call it it is

Monarchial Asymptote?

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Avshalom posted:

so basically me but as a girl

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ThaumPenguin posted:

Looking forwards to Mathangi Ten Meti/Huge Explosion becoming canon

No way does Juggernaut Star deserve her.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

so basically me but as a girl
the comparison has actually occurred to me before

Lowen
Mar 16, 2007

Adorable.

Avshalom posted:

Have you tried unsounded?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Avshalom posted:

yabalchoath is one of my favourite designs so far although giant killer baby will always be the best

i am glad that we are of one mind on this.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Lowen posted:

Have you tried unsounded?
yeah we both like k6bd more, less little girls getting licked by ghost rapists and more giant killer babies

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The golem in Unsounded is kind of a giant killer baby. Kinda.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Avshalom posted:

yeah we both like k6bd more, less little girls getting licked by ghost rapists and more giant killer babies

Yeah everything regarding Murkoph can kiiiinda gently caress off I think

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Himself probably just found a way to "name"... Himself.

This would be taking his own existence, and destiny, into his own hands, as well as breaking the normal "rules" right over his knee.

But, less than what he did, I wonder how he did it.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Tollymain posted:

at least since morrowind

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i feel like chim and royalty are similar/related but not the same. iirc chim is more of a state of being where royalty is an action, is that correct

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Update. The real-talk continues.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
also this sounds weird but i was genuinely surprised this comic was made by a dude because the female characters are fantastically written

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Didn't realize Operant was a Berserk fan.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Cio last panel is the face of someone whose personal shipping game just got a second wind

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

Update. The real-talk continues.

bigtime real talk fan here

Cio's statement that Yabalchoath is still sucking around somewhere inside her is a bit ominous. while Yabs represents some very regrettable inclinations, she also represents an element of Cio that can stand on her own, without relying on others to protect her.

e. also, small aside, but Thorn Knights look more like devils than other angels.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Dec 10, 2016

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Cio last panel is the face of someone whose personal shipping game just got a second wind
You may laugh, but this is yet more proof that my lighting a match with my tongue trick never fails.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Avshalom posted:

also this sounds weird but i was genuinely surprised this comic was made by a dude because the female characters are fantastically written

Yeah, speaking as a trans person, a lot of the stuff around White Chain and gender cut /seriously/ close to the bone to me - Tom/Abaddon is seriously good at writing this stuff.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
So, how long until we get a literal angel/devil moral choice situation with White Chain and Cio?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
I don't think ever because the angel/devil divide is more about order vs. chaos than good vs evil.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Still foreshadows a pretty binary choice somewhere down the line between Zaid/giving up the key, and Royalty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Royalty's blade slices others into more pleasing shapes, stifling conflict before it begins.