Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
westworld sucks. you can't do that type of show without interesting and likable characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Can you say what's good about it exactly

acting, cinematography, narrative are all great

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

dreezy posted:

westworld sucks. you can't do that type of show without interesting and likable characters.

I just wrote your name down in my Book Of Enemies

It's your name and Josh in there now

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Hemingway To Go! posted:

this guy is a cowboy

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Anthony Hopkins given an actor of the year award for every episode he appears in, which all of them.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Paladinus posted:

This was actually the worst loving episode of Black Mirror full stop.

A-loving-men

King Vidiot posted:

Nah it's like a Voight-Kamp test for callous dickheads and you just failed
I'm still using the sap from that episode on my pancakes ffs

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Also I hate to get greedy but where is my BOTW? I've got a bowl packed and ready to go.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Ok I saw the VVitch and it was a good documentary.

Now I understand why you americans are all hosed up in the head.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

King Vidiot posted:

Nah it's like a Voight-Kamp test for callous dickheads and you just failed

When I die, I want people to make a chat bot based on my posting and upload it into a popular MMORPG to annoy people.

But not because I think this program is somehow going to be me, I just think it'd be funny. Maybe it even'll say an occasional 'im gay', and some shut-in will fall in love with it, and the program will trick it into assisted suicide.

Maybe this shut-in will be you.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Also, Westworld is a bit poo poo, honestly. Let's hear a word from our friend Max Landis about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmhYIFrpgzo

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Oh Max doesn't like Westworld? it must be good then.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

It is good and he's gooning out hard in that video, like speargin about really trivial details. As a writer, you'd think he notice more of the thematic significance of events.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Paladinus posted:

Also, Westworld is a bit poo poo, honestly. Let's hear a word from our friend Max Landis about this.

Is he implying that the main villain is some kind of evil megalomaniac? Thats just going too far Max.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
He has a point.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Paladinus posted:

He has a point.

I'm sure he does but someone will have to make a youtube video about it for me to understand.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a bone to pick posted:

Max doesn't know what the gently caress he is talking about. For a guy who has made movies he knows less than the average poster here.

I would take Jack any day over him. I really hope they never invite him back.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Paladinus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmhYIFrpgzo

Not even gonna watch that video because the still of his face alone makes me want to punch my screen

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Paladinus posted:

Also, Westworld Max Landis is a bit poo poo, honestly. Let's hear a word from our friend Max Landis everybody about this.

[insert link to the entire internet]

counterfeitsaint fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Dec 10, 2016

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I like Max Landis. I hate the Vvitch. Star Wars pre-quels still bad though. Please don't kick me out of the clubhouse.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I'll have to put VVVVVVitch on my to watch list, but now I'm not sure whether to watch it or VVestVVorld

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Westworld is lots of fun with a number of things that don't add up, but nothing that should really impede your enjoyment. Don't be Max Landis.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Max Landis reminds me of Michael Alig.

Dicky mouse
Apr 11, 2008

"No No Not like that....Thats just silly"
So this Karin lady on stream with rich....she talks kinda funny.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Are robots real humans? Wait, before you answer, consider that they are very good-looking and are great at sex.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Paladinus posted:

Are robots real humans? Wait, before you answer, consider that they are very good-looking and are great at sex.

Sold!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I once saw Max Landis seriousposting in comments to some edgy meme video under his main account and all. And that's why I like the guy.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Westworld is good and i'd boink a robot

only consentually of course

unless they weren't sentient. Then all bets are off

but how do you know if theyre sentient though? OH GOD WHAT DO I DO

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Elsie is where the action is at.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Zzulu posted:

Just open the ini-file in notepad and change sentience from 0 to 1

:roboluv:

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Westworld is awesome but the finale was really not very good.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
The most realistic part of the show is all the robot butcher janitors that want to daterape the robots

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I've spent all these years cultivating myself into a completely featureless shell devoid of all personality and now some nerd wants to put his dilz in me?!?

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Hi. It's me. Hello. Hi. I'm the guy who has to vacuum all the cum out of the robots at Westworld.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
If you liked fantasy dragon rape, you'll definitely enjoy robot cowboy rape.

naem
May 29, 2011

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

Hi. It's me. Hello. Hi. I'm the guy who has to vacuum all the cum out of the robots at Westworld.

I think they just hose them down with hand sanitizer

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Max's weird question about the bullets made me think of the movie, where the guns just physically didn't fire if they detected body temperature. Which means all the fuckbots are room temperature or colder. That hosed up 70s mustache man was waggling his eyebrows about the most realistic corpse fuckin' simulators possible. But then the robots go crazy and actually can fire if they detect body temperature so I don't know what the gently caress.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Zzulu posted:

Bang first, ask questions later

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
I didnt realize dolores was the same actress that was in across the universe

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

WampaLord posted:

It is good and he's gooning out hard in that video, like speargin about really trivial details. As a writer, you'd think he notice more of the thematic significance of events.

i think he is missing the point that it is the point. its kinda supposed to be an illusion of choice deal. plus the gun she picks up was a real gun not one of the park guns. and the people who shoot ed harris are wyatts men who i assume are basically super hosts who are all set to 20,

Nutsngum posted:

Westworld is awesome but the finale was really not very good.

ehh. the final wasn't perfect especially if you figured most of the twists out ahead of time. but its still good. i am curious to see how its going to go from here. Its a great show either way, one of the best i have seen in years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
I liked the finale, though the sub-Bond security guards took me out of the otherwise thrilling breakout sequence.

• Locked thread