Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ufarn
May 30, 2009
bose is on track to reveal their headphones that basically cure cancer before apple figures out loving wireless q-tips http://hearphones.bose.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

dongle between the pods

I like it, sell it for $25

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Stymie posted:

everyone always talks about how cruel and heartless of a person steve jobs was, but they forget one thing: he was cruel and heartless to the people who deserved it most, tech workers and tech managers

and gizmodo and adobe

poty
Jun 21, 2008

ufarn posted:

bose is on track to reveal their headphones that basically cure cancer before apple figures out loving wireless q-tips http://hearphones.bose.com/

i wish bose was publically traded so i could buy some stock

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
lol Bose sucks rear end

poty
Jun 21, 2008

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

lol Bose sucks rear end

actually you suck rear end

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!

Linguica posted:

apple should sell an accessory for the earpods that links them together so you can't lose one as easily.

someone actually made this

you have to take it off in order to charge the earpods

lomarf

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

poty posted:

actually you suck rear end

it's 2016 dude so what

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

lol Bose sucks rear end

wrong

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

oh you don't need wires just use Bluetooth which completely isn't a garbage protocol which can only be relied upon to find new and exciting ways to not work correctly - Apple

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I've been using nothing but bluetooth for a few years and it's fine. maybe it is just apple that is poo poo and can't make it work

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Blue Train posted:

... for a few years...maybe...apple...is poo poo and can't make it work

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
my stepsister is director of social media (lol) for sound (by human, double lol) who makes the stupidest bluetooth headphones of all time so :shrug:

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Bluetooth headphones are great if you like charging batteries and having more batteries to charge i guess. Me? I don't care for the tedious activity of charging batteries. But maybe that's just me, maybe I'm the only one who doesn't care for tedium. Who can tell?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

wtf is wrong with gruber

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

fireball johnny and the mystery of the timothy cook

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Puppy Galaxy posted:

wtf is wrong with gruber

he uses apple

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Bose? More like Blose. lol

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

gruber's whole career is tied to heaping praise upon a ridiculously successful corporation that does not give a poo poo about him

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i use bluetooth headphones at work and they're great

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

zen death robot posted:

my in car Bluetooth works great

Wrong

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

What happened to Bose being the laughing stock of the audio world

Did I miss something

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I have bose sport headphones for going to the gym because they have great sound and the earpiece design doesn't fall out of your ear when hitting new PRs and such. if I'm at home I use Bluetooth but at the gym I use the headphones with the dongle. works great

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

I have bose sport headphones for going to the gym because they have great sound and the earpiece design doesn't fall out of your ear when hitting new PRs and such. if I'm at home I use Bluetooth but at the gym I use the headphones with the dongle. works great

this guy uses dongles at the gym

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Millstone posted:

What happened to Bose being the laughing stock of the audio world

Did I miss something

quietcomfort headphones.

they basically brought active noise cancellation to the consumer headphone market and pretty much rule that entire class of devices. headphone snobs still look down their noses at them but even that has died down a bit because as overpriced as Bose headphones are, at least they aren't Beats.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

apple is bad

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

triple sulk posted:

apple is bad

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
i have two pairs of BT headphones that can both consistently pair properly w/my iphone but my macbook just can't loving do it, it's a total loving crapshoot whether it will find either of them or just keep scanning forever. bluetooth is garbage and apple's bluetooth is extra smelly garbage (mlmp)

Stymie posted:

everyone always talks about how cruel and heartless of a person steve jobs was, but they forget one thing: he was cruel and heartless to the people who deserved it most, tech workers and tech managers

and his daughter

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

zen death robot posted:

have you been hiding in my car and rating my listening experience?!

:nsa:

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Shifty Pony posted:

quietcomfort headphones.

they basically brought active noise cancellation to the consumer headphone market and pretty much rule that entire class of devices. headphone snobs still look down their noses at them but even that has died down a bit because as overpriced as Bose headphones are, at least they aren't Beats.

Oh cool

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

i have two pairs of BT headphones that can both consistently pair properly w/my iphone but my macbook just can't loving do it, it's a total loving crapshoot whether it will find either of them or just keep scanning forever. bluetooth is garbage and apple's bluetooth is extra smelly garbage (mlmp)

and his daughter

oh you must have forgot, he took in his daughter away from her insane mother and took care of her and felt great remorse for his earlier behavior. people make really hosed up mistakes but is there no room for redemption in your kingdom, sire?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Shifty Pony posted:

quietcomfort headphones.

they are so good.

some times there are 3 different phone conferences happening at the same time around me, i just put on my headphones, which takes care of like 90%, then listen to music at a low volume to drown out the rest.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Shifty Pony posted:

quietcomfort headphones.

since i'm traveling way more now i decided it was time to buck up and get a real pair of bluetooth noise cancelling headphones. i got the sennie pxc 550 tho

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Rex-Goliath posted:

since i'm traveling way more now i decided it was time to buck up and get a real pair of bluetooth noise cancelling headphones. i got the sennie pxc 550 tho

These look awesome I'm going to get them when my Momentums break because I wear them in the rain all the time.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

wearing a stacking doll style of various noise canceling headphones in order to escape the world to one degree less than owning a gun

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Shifty Pony posted:

quietcomfort headphones.

they are still stupidly overpriced tripe. the $99 headphone standards all sound better

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

they are still stupidly overpriced tripe. the $99 headphone standards all sound better

99 buck specials don't come with bose's best in class noise cancelling tech you chucklefuck

quietcomforts aren't a way to listen to music in an airplane, it's way to shut out the almost all* the noise of an airplane cabin, being able to play music or w/e after you've done that is just a bonus. on a 6 hour flight wearing QC25s, probably only 2 hours out of that is spent listening to music or watching movies on the IFE system, the rest is spent snoozing as if in a quiet room. their tech is that good, understandable given their A20s are the gold standard of ANC aviation headsets

also i have or have had sonys, audio technicas, sennheisers, grados, westones, beyerdynamics etc. and I think the bose sounds drat decent especially when its preventing the drone of multiple turbofans from masking bands of audio frequencies youre trying to hear

*excl babies

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

99 buck specials don't come with bose's best in class noise cancelling tech you chucklefuck

quietcomforts aren't a way to listen to music in an airplane, it's way to shut out the almost all* the noise of an airplane cabin, being able to play music or w/e after you've done that is just a bonus. on a 6 hour flight wearing QC25s, probably only 2 hours out of that is spent listening to music or watching movies on the IFE system, the rest is spent snoozing as if in a quiet room. their tech is that good, understandable given their A20s are the gold standard of ANC aviation headsets

also i have or have had sonys, audio technicas, sennheisers, grados, westones, beyerdynamics etc. and I think the bose sounds drat decent especially when its preventing the drone of multiple turbofans from masking bands of audio frequencies youre trying to hear

*excl babies

in ear things with soft foam tips, m'lord

lot less words to justify their price

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
I have QC35s and they are the absolute best thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

(Except for the Sony noise canceling phones introduced right after I bought my stupid QC35 headphones)
https://www.amazon.com/Sony-Cancelling-Bluetooth-Headphone-MDR1000X/dp/B01KHZ4ZYY

I feel embarrassed walking around in public with a Bose logo on each side of my head, if only I had waited another month :(

• Locked thread