Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Burning of Prospero was just delivered to my home - guess what i'm gonna be doing tonight!

Has anyone played the actual board-game part? I assume most of you fellas just whip the models out and consign the cardboard and dice to the bottom of the wardrobe?

Anyone in welly playing HH? I would visit the GW store and ask around but it's closed because of the earfquakes and stuff. Although my co-worker is happy he's saved a few hundred in the last week or so because of it :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Where are my power shovels FW? Where are they??

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
They finally released the Nostraman Chainglaves.

They were previewed what, 11 months ago? Back in February when people were planning their armies on Parade I considered doing my Night Lords 'Oh you'll have them by then for sure'

Jesus.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
But compared to the scythes and spears, the glaives have incredibly useful hands/arms for all kinds of posing and projects.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Yeast posted:

They finally released the Nostraman Chainglaves.

They were previewed what, 11 months ago? Back in February when people were planning their armies on Parade I considered doing my Night Lords 'Oh you'll have them by then for sure'

Jesus.
I mean, yeah, it sucks that it took so long, but Forge World lost a couple of their main mold makers in a car accident so it's not like they were maliciously holding them back. Their release schedule as a whole has suffered this year.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Still doesn't hold a candle to the 8 year gap between the leak and release of the new Eldar jetbikes.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
It wasn't even a leak, they showed them at Games Day.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

It wasn't even a leak, they showed them at Games Day.

wait what

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The 'leak' photos originated from Gamesday 2006 or 7, it was a prototype on display as part of what was being worked on at the time. I was there.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

The 'leak' photos originated from Gamesday 2006 or 7, it was a prototype on display as part of what was being worked on at the time. I was there.

That explains alot.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Safety Factor posted:

I mean, yeah, it sucks that it took so long, but Forge World lost a couple of their main mold makers in a car accident so it's not like they were maliciously holding them back. Their release schedule as a whole has suffered this year.

1 for each year tyrants don't exist

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Jeff Sichoe posted:

Burning of Prospero was just delivered to my home - guess what i'm gonna be doing tonight!

Has anyone played the actual board-game part? I assume most of you fellas just whip the models out and consign the cardboard and dice to the bottom of the wardrobe?

Anyone in welly playing HH? I would visit the GW store and ask around but it's closed because of the earfquakes and stuff. Although my co-worker is happy he's saved a few hundred in the last week or so because of it :)

There's a game with it?

Seriously though, I used some of the dice for wound counters (along with some of my x-wang evade to mark jinks)

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I have a growing suspicion that our slack channel has killed this thread :v:

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
It doesn't help but there's some things you can do here that you can't in slack, like lists or full batreps.

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Dec 11, 2016

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Hencoe posted:

It doesn't help but there's some things you can do here that you can't in slack, like lists or batreps

Challenge. Accepted.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Make the thread great again.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Played my first game with my Death Guard yesterday! 2500 points versus 40k's own Codex Ultramarines. Ended up rolling Blood Feud on the Ambush map, with me as the defender. Lost, but had a great time using the Legion rules. Memorable moments include a 20 man tactical squad using Fury of the Legion to kill all of 1 tactical marine, me trying to position a Support Squad so their 10 flamer templates don't hit themselves, and my friend's first turn Orbital Bombardment scattering onto his Assault Marines who had just arrived by drop pod. I lost by 2 victory points, but learned some valuable lessons. Just need to decide what to get next for my army.

If I wanted any info on the Slack channel, where would I find it?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Kyr Vhalen 195

9 Tactical Space Marines: + 1 Tactical Sergeant 125
9 Tactical Space Marines: + 1 Tactical Sergeant 125

Apothecarion Detachment
Apothecary 45
6 Veteran Space Marines: heavy bolter and suspensor web (shrapnel bolts); + 1 Veteran Sergeant (artificer armour; power fist) 169
Rhino: pintle-mounted heavy bolter (shrapnel bolts) 45

7 Iron Havocs: 4× missile launcher; 3× lascannon; + 1 Iron Havoc Sergeant (lascannon; augury scanner) 345
Artillery Tank Squadron
Medusa: hull-mounted heavy bolter (shrapnel bolts) 155

War Machine Detachment
Typhon Heavy Siege Tank: armoured ceramite 415

Wall of Martyrs Imperial Bunker 55

Seneschal 50
Cerastus Knight-Lancer 400

Scion Martial
Questoris Knight Warden 375

2.499 points

Im going to a tournament in august. Would this work?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I've got my first proper 30k game today, and I'm pretty stoked. Unfortunately absolutely none of the rites of war fit with my collection, they're all just missing one or two models to make them legal. Forgeworld :argh:

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
I was going to ask the slack but this question might get more eyes here.

How should I build the crew for a rapier weapon battery?

I think battlescribe has the unit with just bolt pistols but the models come with a bolter for one of the dudes:
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Space-Marine-Rapier-Laser-Destroyer?_requestid=5935186
And for that matter, one of the models is actually on the gun. Are we supposed to do that? I would assume the artillery rules would mean each model is on foot and the gun is by itself.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Someones gotta man the drat gun :colbert:

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I was going to ask the slack but this question might get more eyes here.

How should I build the crew for a rapier weapon battery?

I think battlescribe has the unit with just bolt pistols but the models come with a bolter for one of the dudes:
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Space-Marine-Rapier-Laser-Destroyer?_requestid=5935186
And for that matter, one of the models is actually on the gun. Are we supposed to do that? I would assume the artillery rules would mean each model is on foot and the gun is by itself.
I built 3 Quad Mortars and built one of the crew as a "Sergeant" with a power sword, i doubt anyone is gonna give you poo poo for bolters instead of pistols.

Some people magnetise the gunner so they can use a generic platform in another 30k or 40k army, but otherwise it just looks cooler the guy stood on the platform.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
It's a shame you can't swap the crews on the artillery. I want a quad mortar or three, but the mkiv guys that come with it are dull as hell. Meanwhile, all the other guns come with neat mkiii crew, with fancy chests and a crest. Maybe i could call FW.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Finished up my first squad, so have a dump! Though I'm pretty mad the varnishes ruined the base rims.

ijyt fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Dec 11, 2016

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
If the varnish is gonna ruin any part of the model, that's probably the best. You can shave those down and repaint them. They look awesome though, I really dig the servo arm and skull on the sergeant.

I played my first game of 30k today! The table didn't have nearly enough cover and I absolutely massacred my opponent, culminating in my Deredeo shooting down his Storm Eagle while it was zooming and taking all the Terminators inside with it. Eidolon got boltered off the table, and I got to Fury of the Legion with an almost full strength tactical squad. The Scorpius owns, the Deredeo owns, Contemptors own, Sicarans own, quad mortars own, 30k owns

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Rad ultramarines, but I love that blue lego block full of silver and gold dice.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

God loving drat that dude with the servo arm is rad as hell.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I see Santa Claus is managing to find work in the 31st millennium.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hahahaha

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Flawless.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
oh my god

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
5ed

ijyt posted:

Finished up my first squad, so have a dump! Though I'm pretty mad the varnishes ruined the base rims.

Really ace work on these, dude. I called you names in the slack channel because these rock and are better than mine IMO. That servo arm dude is a top tier conversion.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

:blush:

Thanks, really appreciate the comments.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
They're really cool. Keeping the skulls was a good move.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

TTerrible posted:

They're really cool. Keeping the skulls was a good move.

It's Warhammer, keeping the skulls is always going to be the pro move.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Would you dudes be interested in doing a '30k skullapalooza' challenge starting next month? 2 months to model and paint a skullytastic 30k model with some sort of cool skull related prize?

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Dec 12, 2016

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I would do this thing assuming it doesn't start in December.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

It starts today, everybody's late already!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Jan 11th until March 1st