Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Thumper does look pretty good, from sgf's demo friend vid he did. I'm just curious to see how this version is different from the ps2 version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

As a fan of FreQuency and Amplitude I was kind of disappointed by Amplitude 2016. I didn't like the soundtrack very much but that's entirely on what your feelings are regarding it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHb4ntaPIC8

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

dwarf74 posted:

I'm enjoying it, too.

But is there any reason that so many games look really similar these days - top-down, fixed isometric, real time combat... Last month was Deadly Tower of Monsters, for example.

I guess it's the indie flavor of the month, there's loads of them now.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Dec 9, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

zenintrude posted:

Thoughts on Yomawari at $13?

Its spooky enough but I didn't get on with the weirdly punishing checkpoint system and one hit deaths.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
I was thinking about buying the Skyrim: Special Edition for my wife since it'll revert to the ordinary price soon. What's the verdict on it? Is it somewhat stable or do the PS4 version have some kinks I should be aware of?

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Did you play Skyrim? It's basically unchanged from PS3, except maybe it looks better I don't know? It looks the way I remember it looking, and I'm not fixing up my PS3 and waiting through loading screens just to check graphics.

The one complaint I've heard is that the DLC stuff triggers immediately, so you get vampires turning up early in the game and apparently NPCs can die to them fairly early on and lock you out of some side quests if you're unlucky.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
The big problem they needed to fix was the memory leak that made it harder and harder to run the game the more stuff you did. If you were wrapping up the storyline after doing a bunch of side quests and other arcs, you could wind up having to restart the game every hour or so to keep it from crashing. Also the save file sizes could get colossal. I haven't heard anything one way or the other in regards to that chestnut.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I think my PS3 skyrim save was something ridiculous like 60mb and walking into the towns would slow the game to an unplayable crawl. I never got into Skyrim properly because Bethesda are so bad at optimising for consoles. Oblivion, Morrowind and FO3 on PC were some of my favourite games ever but I loving hated Skyrim and FO4 because of performance issues.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Policenaut posted:

As a fan of FreQuency and Amplitude I was kind of disappointed by Amplitude 2016. I didn't like the soundtrack very much but that's entirely on what your feelings are regarding it.

Wait, you mean Frequency the game? Because FreQuency is FromSoft's sound team and Kota Hoshino's band. Or did I miss something?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

8-Bit Scholar posted:

This bossfight in the Knife of Dunwall is loving ridiculous though.

There is no boss fight in KoD though?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

LawfulWaffle posted:

The big problem they needed to fix was the memory leak that made it harder and harder to run the game the more stuff you did. If you were wrapping up the storyline after doing a bunch of side quests and other arcs, you could wind up having to restart the game every hour or so to keep it from crashing. Also the save file sizes could get colossal. I haven't heard anything one way or the other in regards to that chestnut.

A really late patch on the PS3 version mostly fixed that. It would even crunch massive save files down to 8 or 9 MB or so.

HONKER24
Dec 15, 2000

cubicle_whore
Hair Elf
There's a 20% off discount code tucked away in the latest email newsletter from Playstation.

Not sure if it's tied to the specified account or not.

Email header is

"[PSN Username], see what's new this week"

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

HONKER24 posted:

There's a 20% off discount code tucked away in the latest email newsletter from Playstation.

Can you post a screenshot of the top of the email or something? I don't have anything like that so far this week.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Seems like it expires 12/19/16. I didn't get one, but I'll be happy to use it if you don't plan to use yours.

As an FYI, they do not work on preorders.

HONKER24
Dec 15, 2000

cubicle_whore
Hair Elf
Here's the email with the code at the bottom:

http://iob.imgur.com/uYGg/d4IMeuL0Yy

Feel free to use it.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Are all those codes the same when they send them? And how is tales of zestiria? And what of berseria?

Nomadic Scholar fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Dec 10, 2016

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

HONKER24 posted:

Feel free to use it.

Thanks!

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Are all those codes the same when they send them?

They're unique, my email came in a few minutes ago.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Are all those codes the same when they send them? And how is tales of zestiria? And what of berseria?

Zesteria is much like FF15 in that it's a gutted, stitched together, half finished rushed out mess of a game with some likeable characters, only where 15 is still fun to play despite that Zestiria is pretty meh. Berseria is by all accounts a lot better but it's not out in English til next month so I haven't played it yet.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Bogart posted:

There is no boss fight in KoD though?

Well I guess it's just Billie Lurk but it feels like a boss fight since it mashed on my balls hardcore

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Zestiria is an overcomplicated mess of a game that feels both backwards compared to previous games in the franchise and also feels like it was made to go against what the franchise was liked for. Berseria on the otherhand takes the 3D Tales Of style a bit further by making it all free run all the time, and it is pretty fun. It also is nowhere near as needlessly complex on little mechanics as Zestiria was.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

HONKER24 posted:

Feel free to use it.

I just used it to buy Battlefield 1 premium. Did anyone else use it?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

HONKER24 posted:

Not sure if it's tied to the specified account or not.

Email header is

"[PSN Username], see what's new this week"
drat. That's a good get. Wonder if they're trying to improve sub numbers or something.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Here is the new drop:
Bridge Constructor PS4 — Digital
Don Bradman Cricket 17 PS4 — Digital (Out 12/15)
Drive!Drive!Drive! PS4 — Digital
Fat City VR PS VR — Digital (Out 12/15)
Feist PS4 — Digital
Her Majesty’s Spiffing PS4 — Digital
I Expect You to Die PS VR — Digital
The Little Acre PS4 — Digital
Magnet Knights PS4 — Digital (Out 12/15)
Maldita Castilla EX PS4 — Digital (Out 12/15)
Motor Strike: Immortal Legends PS4 — Digital (Out 12/15)
Perfect PS4 — Digital
Stardew Valley PS4 — Digital
Trove PS4 — Digital

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

glam rock hamhock posted:

Don Bradman Cricket 17 PS4 — Digital (Out 12/15)

Stardew Valley PS4 — Digital

Trove PS4 — Digital
:chanpop:

This is some madness right here

Optimistic Puma
Aug 7, 2007
Where did the seagulls take my sister?
If you receive e-mails from the Playstation Store, check your e-mail now. I just received a Golden Ticket with a code. I redeemed it and got $100 in my wallet. The heading of the e-mail was: (username) see what's new this week. I have no idea how random this is.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I got that 20% code, but that was it.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

glam rock hamhock posted:

Here is the new drop:

This is from Locomalito, a guy who has a pretty cool style. This is his website: https://www.locomalito.com/. I believe most of the games on there are free, including the non-EX version of Maldita Castilla.

I'm not him, just glad to see he's got a game on a console now.

Nickoten fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Dec 10, 2016

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Yeah seeing Maldita Castilla on the Drop is blowing my mind

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Takoluka posted:

I got that 20% code, but that was it.
Crap, I didn't get anything, not even the discount code. Guess I buy so much garbage they don't care about me :(

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

A cursory search of my inbox shows that I don't get ANY emails from the PlayStation Store, outside of those "Thank you for purchasing X" ones. Is it like an opt-in thing or something?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

A cursory search of my inbox shows that I don't get ANY emails from the PlayStation Store, outside of those "Thank you for purchasing X" ones. Is it like an opt-in thing or something?

I assume it's when you check the checkbox under Notification Preferences in your PSN account settings on the website.

I got the "what's new this week" email last night but no mention of any golden ticket, just the 20% code.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Did Dragon's Crown get de-listed from the EU PSN? I'm pretty sure it was on there at one point because it was a Vita PS+ game a year or two ago.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Yeah. I just opted in, we'll see if I get added to the list. It took forever to find the place to do it, and the "add your email here" signup page from 2104 was broken.

Go to PSN Store -> Account Settings (hover over your PSN name) -> Account -> Notification Preferences and check the appropriate box. I haven't received a confirmation or anything yet.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I got the email but it just had the 20% off code.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Sakurazuka posted:

Did Dragon's Crown get de-listed from the EU PSN? I'm pretty sure it was on there at one point because it was a Vita PS+ game a year or two ago.

It's one of the games published not by Atlus here and whose license was not renewed since NISA broke ties with them. Surprisingly, most are still available, even those that got a fire sale on the 3DS side some months ago -- I expected most of them to have been delisted by now too.

Oh, and Atlus said they would work hard to restore Dragon's Crown in, like, July or something. They really don't give a poo poo about Europe.

vogonity
Aug 1, 2005

Buglord

Achmed Jones posted:

Yeah. I just opted in, we'll see if I get added to the list. It took forever to find the place to do it, and the "add your email here" signup page from 2104 was broken.

Go to PSN Store -> Account Settings (hover over your PSN name) -> Account -> Notification Preferences and check the appropriate box. I haven't received a confirmation or anything yet.

Both of mine were already checked and I didn't get an e-mail with the 20% off code or anything :shrug:

If anyone isn't going to use theirs, I will!

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

CrashCat posted:

Crap, I didn't get anything, not even the discount code. Guess I buy so much garbage they don't care about me :(

My Adblocker was preventing the code from showing. Make sure you disable it if you're using one.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
Man, I got the e-mail but it doesn't have a discount code. I would have bought FF15 with it, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Achmed Jones posted:

Double checked and that has been enabled. Nothing in the junk folder either. Sony just not giving a gently caress I guess

• Locked thread