Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

JKA will most definitely have a ship at some point.

It'll be a tournament reward, I bet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

oops wrong forum posted:

We asked several times in chat but had to get Mal in ASAP and based it off of arena ranking, I egged on Dave so you can blame me. But we can swap her accounts no sweat, or just hang tight because Mal is gonna go back to TI soon so she can have both in unless someone else is coming on board

Might not be a issue since it looks like blue stacks may have corrupted that save. I am seeing if I can manually fix it tomorrow. kill me

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

xyigx posted:

Might not be a issue since it looks like blue stacks may have corrupted that save. I am seeing if I can manually fix it tomorrow. kill me

Wow, how is that even possible? I've used Bluestacks before and I'm never going back after trying out MEmu. Maybe it'll work better for you?

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

I am posting to ask if any of the goon guilds have space, I also have a non-goon friend who introduced me to the game and we are part of a very inactive guild. Is there a policy on inviting non-goons to the goon guilds?

Either way please let me know if any of the guilds has a vacancy.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

iGestalt posted:

That may be a good idea. However, are we sure that third of the guild is reading this thread? And, if they aren't - maybe they were saving them squads for a later phase?

I really hate this stupid Tank, though. Trying to use a Squad in Phase 2 and it just one-shots one of my characters from the getgo with a 99999 shot. Why does it get to take so many turns?

My most hated phase is p1, which is also the phase I'm weakest against.

I suspect that we'll just continue to muddle on with the non-epic raid until people naturally get stronger teams. The tank raid is complete poo poo from start to finish, and I don't have any faith that the designers will make any substantial changes. I'll let the current raid expire and kick off a new one before rollover this evening.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Davethulhu posted:

My most hated phase is p1, which is also the phase I'm weakest against.

I suspect that we'll just continue to muddle on with the non-epic raid until people naturally get stronger teams. The tank raid is complete poo poo from start to finish, and I don't have any faith that the designers will make any substantial changes. I'll let the current raid expire and kick off a new one before rollover this evening.

Sounds good. It is a real load of poo poo, though. I'm going to start working on a Droid team for Phase 2. I just need to gear, level and mod them...

Godamn credit block.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Yeah, it sucks, but at least it helps to know what we should be working on next. It seems like folks need to work on their P2 teams, so droids droids droids. I'll certainly be focusing on them.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

two_step posted:

Yeah, it sucks, but at least it helps to know what we should be working on next. It seems like folks need to work on their P2 teams, so droids droids droids. I'll certainly be focusing on them.

Yeah. This has the secondary bonus of needing Jawa which help for Crit Damage mods. And Droids are pretty powerful. I really, really wish HK47 was a Bounty Hunter too. Him and Boba as the Rez Bro's of Death with Boba's Zeta leadership skill.

Throw in some Ewok Elder and Daka..

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
MY rebels team is far and away my best but that is a phase2 team...I am missing chirpa for a full chirpatine squad (EP chirpa Sun Fac etc) my jedi team is abyssmal but was able to clear 7*yoda and I have throwaways like Rey GS etc. I have the droids necessary but they are not leveld/geared so I guess I should be working on the droids? I will have to go over the OP again with the tank raid stuff to be a better help.

Herux fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Dec 10, 2016

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

Davethulhu posted:

I don't have any faith that the designers will make any substantial changes.

Wouldn't surprise me if the 'Jedi have +15% critical chance' is the only additional change they make.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

I'll let the current raid expire and kick off a new one before rollover this evening.

Someone just start it now so I can drop a load before I switch guilds

korofrog
Dec 15, 2006
smell my face!!!
Xygix and Daniel, QGJ has 7 spots left. Let me know what your game names are and fill out the spreadsheet we have somewhere. I think the link is up in the OP. in the meantime my ally code is 296-923-559.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Malgrin posted:

Someone just start it now so I can drop a load before I switch guilds

Done. Not sure when we will be heroic capable, but hopefully you will be back soon.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Herux posted:

MY rebels team is far and away my best but that is a phase2 team...I am missing chirpa for a full chirpatine squad (EP chirpa Sun Fac etc) my jedi team is abyssmal but was able to clear 7*yoda and I have throwaways like Rey GS etc. I have the droids necessary but they are not leveld/geared so I guess I should be working on the droids? I will have to go over the OP again with the tank raid stuff to be a better help.

The Super Team Strategy posted:

Phase 1 (20 to 30 good Jedi Teams)
- Team: Jedis (IGD, Aayla, Anakin leads are all viable)
- Damage Goal: 2 -3% for average Jedis, Superteam Jedis aim for 5 to 7%
- One attack only, if your Jedi can't do 2%, skip the phase and save Jedi for phase 3

Phase 2 (All your Droid teams with a little help from Rebels)
- Team: Droids (HK, 88, 86, Nebit, JE), if you do not have Nebit, you may substitute with GG or IG100
- Damage Goal: 2 -3% for average to good Droids, Super Team Droids: 6 to 9%
- One attack only per player
- If your guild lacks the droid firepower to finish P2, send 5 to 10 rebel squads after your droids go to complete phase 2

Phase 3 (ZERG ZERG ZERG)
- Teams: Chirpatine, Teebotine, Jawas, or Jawa Mix (3 Jaws + 2 others)
- Damage Goal: 2% for Teebotine and Jawas. Superteam Chirpaltines: 4 to 6%
- SEND ALL TEAMS EXCEPT FOR REBELS (B, C, D Teams)
- B, C, and D teams should aim for 50 to 100k in damage (0.5 to 1%)

Phase 4 (30 to 35 Rebel Super Teams Close it Out)
- Team: Rebels - Wedge (L), Biggs, Lando, Leia (or Solo), Scarif Rebel Patfinder (or STH or AA)
- Damage Goal: Regular Rebels: 2%, Superteam Rebels: 6 to 10%

Phase 2 is where we got stuck, so droids are what most of us have to work on next (including me). The few who have finished their droids can work on Chirpatine. I'm sure a lot of us will be picking up Palp when he returns (me) and I'm going to start farming my Chirpa in the next day or two (almost done with TFP). I wonder how much better we'll be by the end of the month if we all focus on our weaknesses.

Whitey Snipes posted:

Wouldn't surprise me if the 'Jedi have +15% critical chance' is the only additional change they make.

I also have no faith they will make any significant changes to the tank raid. They're so slow to make changes. Too much time has passed since they acknowledged there was a problem.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Dr. Venture posted:

Wow, how is that even possible? I've used Bluestacks before and I'm never going back after trying out MEmu. Maybe it'll work better for you?

Yeah she is installing memu now. Blustacks tried to update something and corrupted her gems of war, stgoh and Möbius ff saves. Square fixed one, steam of all things managed to fix the gems one through cross save and well start wars is currently being hand rebuilt right now by me. gently caress blustacks so goddamn much.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
I'm trying to sync my account to swgoh.gg and it keeps saying it can't find my player ID. I cannot figure out where I'm getting it wrong.

Is it kosher to post a screenshot of it here?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Rubicon posted:

I'm trying to sync my account to swgoh.gg and it keeps saying it can't find my player ID. I cannot figure out where I'm getting it wrong.

Is it kosher to post a screenshot of it here?

some of the letters/numbers are hosed up and actually like lower case Ls or upper case Is or 1s or poo poo. It took me forever to figure mine out.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Some highlights from the strategy I posted a couple pages back, but not quoted so I can quote this later:

1) Each player is responsible for building 1 to 2 amazing "Super Teams" that can do 5% or more in a phase. Given the Wiggs meta, many players already have a "Super Team" in hand - Rebels

Phase 1 (20 to 30 good Jedi Teams)
- Team: Jedis (IGD, Aayla, Anakin leads are all viable)
- Alt: Teebo, EE, Slow, 2x TM

Phase 2 (All your Droid teams with a little help from Rebels)
- Team: Droids (HK, 88, 86, Nebit, JE), if you do not have Nebit, you may substitute with GG, IG100, or the new droid on the block
- Alt: 88 (L) Nebit, JE, JScav, Dathcha/Jawa

Phase 3 (ZERG ZERG ZERG)
- Team: Chirpatine
- Alt: Teebotine, Jawas, OB/Ugnaught + 3

Phase 4 (30 to 35 Rebel Super Teams Close it Out)
- Team: Rebels - Wedge (L), Biggs, Lando, Leia (or Solo), Scarif Rebel Patfinder (or STH or AA)
- Alt: Kitchen sink

Figure out which team(s) you are closest to, and focus on getting those heroes to G10. There's a huge difference between G8 and G10. I would recommend not doing Jawas cause they're actually fairly bad (e.g. focus on 88/HK over Nebit, and 86 over Dathcha if you're working on shards), but if you have their shards and your droids are in good shape, they can do some damage in any phase.

In terms of priority, I would say Rebels > everything else because not only will that help you get EP in a couple weeks here, but they're good in every single phase. You want to save them for P4, but a few people will need to burn rebels in P2/P3.
I would really recommend farming up some potency mods for your P1 Teebo team if that's on your agenda. Since you've maybe farmed this for Rancor, it's a lot easier to adjust this team for P1 than to completely farm a Jedi team. I've got 2 potency sets on QGJ and Yoda, and 3 on Teebo (although two of Teebo's mods are 3*). Also, don't forget that you can run Ani + healers (Daka/EE for extra points) in P1 to drop fairly good damage. Anyone that can cleanse will help you with that, but really just healers to trigger Ani's TM/extra damage. This is less effective in other phases because you're relying on JKA hitting the boss for 10-15k per hit. That's ~2% for 7 hits, and you can probably get more than that if you play it well. Health sets on your healers is best.

Again, rather than spreading out your gear to G9 on 10 heroes, it's better to make 5 G10 heroes that can hit that 5%+. At 5% per team, you need 80 teams, which is essentially 1.5 per guild member. At 2% per team, you need 200 teams, or 4 per guild member.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Venture posted:

Phase 2 is where we got stuck, so droids are what most of us have to work on next (including me). The few who have finished their droids can work on Chirpatine. I'm sure a lot of us will be picking up Palp when he returns (me) and I'm going to start farming my Chirpa in the next day or two (almost done with TFP). I wonder how much better we'll be by the end of the month if we all focus on our weaknesses.

I also have no faith they will make any significant changes to the tank raid. They're so slow to make changes. Too much time has passed since they acknowledged there was a problem.

I'm starring up HK and Engineer now. I can also use my poggle until JE is higher up.

88 and 86 are both at least level 80 with at least GVIII, but it'll be 10+ mill to level the other 3.

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

korofrog posted:

Xygix and Daniel, QGJ has 7 spots left. Let me know what your game names are and fill out the spreadsheet we have somewhere. I think the link is up in the OP. in the meantime my ally code is 296-923-559.

My ingame name is Danzel Glovington I threw my name on the spreadsheet. Thanks for letting me know, I'll quit my current guild right now

edit: I got in, thank you!

Danzel Glovington fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Dec 11, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Level 85! :woop:

7* Boba today, and finally got the last shard for 7* Jawa. Going to work on Anakin next, as I don't have a solid Jedi team yet. While I level up / gear up my Droids.

I've been thinking of a "Super GW" team.

Everybody having a Speed Mod setup (Speed over damage, as Boba is giving them 60% critical damage and this would let them take their turns so much quicker, nuking down enemies / locking them down) and would require Boba's Zeta lealdership skill.

Boba(L) - His special buff will revive him to full HP and is regained every time an enemy is killed.
HK47 - Revives, AoE and Debuffs.
IG88 - AoE, 40% critical damage special to itself. Bounty Hunter so extra benefits from Boba.
Jawa Engineer - To heal and revive the Droids.
??? - Unsure. Dengar? Sun Fac?

The idea is they'd have such high survival -and- damage they can just nuke through everything. And with Boba's Zeta restoring full protection on every kill (unless I misunderstand it) they'd be.. brokenly strong, I believe.

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Dec 11, 2016

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
That sounds fun, but if you want a "Super GW" team just run Wedge(L), Biggs, Lando, Palp, QGJ. The last two are flexible, but the trio of Wiggs/Lando is ridiculously strong. You also need these characters for the tank raid, and they do fantastic in arena. There really is no problem rebels can't solve.

If those characters aren't currently working in GW they just need better gear/mods/levels. Don't worry, you WILL reach a point where GW will no longer be an issue. It eventually becomes a cake walk.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Dr. Venture posted:

That sounds fun, but if you want a "Super GW" team just run Wedge(L), Biggs, Lando, Palp, QGJ. The last two are flexible, but the trio of Wiggs/Lando is ridiculously strong. You also need these characters for the tank raid, and they do fantastic in arena. There really is no problem rebels can't solve.

If those characters aren't currently working in GW they just need better gear/mods/levels. Don't worry, you WILL reach a point where GW will no longer be an issue. It eventually becomes a cake walk.

I already have them all except palp, but that'll change on Christmas. I was just thinking of a real stupid strong team.

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Dec 11, 2016

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
What makes a team in GW strong is not the ability to revive when defeated; but to immediately erase 1-3 (all 5 lol) people from the enemy team before they get their first turn. Wiggs/Lando accomplishes just this. No joke, I run this team start to finish and sometimes they all keep their protection for the entire run. You just don't take damage. It's really stupid. And by stupid I mean amazing.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
And if you prefer Team Evil, the same can be accomplished (through cc rather than raw damage) with a Palp(L), TIE Pilot, RG Snowtrooper, Vader or Old Daka team.

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002

Mr. Neutron posted:

And if you prefer Team Evil, the same can be accomplished (through cc rather than raw damage) with a Palp(L), TIE Pilot, RG Snowtrooper, Vader or Old Daka team.

I seriously love that you've made Empire work.

Sounds like I will be working on droids after I get my Shoretrooper to G10. The G8/G9 mix I had even with my best mods only netted me 1.5% on Heroic P2. Hopefully one of those droids will get a ship ...

I also nearly have a 7* IGD which might improve my P1 team as well in a while.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Karzon posted:

I seriously love that you've made Empire work.

Sounds like I will be working on droids after I get my Shoretrooper to G10. The G8/G9 mix I had even with my best mods only netted me 1.5% on Heroic P2. Hopefully one of those droids will get a ship ...

I also nearly have a 7* IGD which might improve my P1 team as well in a while.

IG-88 will undoubtedly get his IG-2000 soon. IG-86 will probably get one at the same time.

Also to come: Dengar's "Punishing One".

And, I'd be prepared for Bossk/"Hounds Tooth" in the future... but his ship is pretty big. Maybe they'll make him a scoundrels commander.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Dec 11, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

IG-88 will undoubtedly get his IG-2000 soon. IG-86 will probably get one at the same time.

And, I'd be prepared for Bossk/"Hounds Tooth" in the future.

I hope we get a Bossk. That'd be real cool.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Chilichimp posted:

And, I'd be prepared for Bossk/"Hounds Tooth" in the future... but his ship is pretty big. Maybe they'll make him a scoundrels commander.

Were those ships from the Clone Wars cartoon? Isn't everything in the game except HK-47 from the actual films/tv now?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MichiganCubbie posted:

Were those ships from the Clone Wars cartoon? Isn't everything in the game except HK-47 from the actual films/tv now?

Apparently, yes, "Hounds Tooth" and Bossk had a cameo appearance in Clone Wars.

As for Punishing One and IG-2000, not yet, but I wouldn't imagine they're far out. As ships become more popular, they'll need to make more of them, and they've got 2 popular pilots right there.

There's also Cad Bane's ship which features prominently in the Clone Wars cartoon.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Dec 11, 2016

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?

korofrog posted:

If those spots are still there, my IGN is Darksaber, I filled out the spreadsheet as well.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Forgot to take a screenshot, but just landed 7.5 mil in Rancor -- starting with Pigs, almost cleared P3 (took 50 minutes). Teebo (L), EE, TFP, Phasma, QGJ. About as fun as watching paint dry, but I really wanted to see if I could solo the raid (would be a first, and this is my highest damage in rancor ever). I'm going to try this team, but probably with Yoda over Phasma for P1 AAT.

I modded Teebo and EE for speed (200+), TFP for crit chance, Phasma for potency, and QGJ for speed/damage

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Darksaber posted:

If those spots are still there, my IGN is Darksaber, I filled out the spreadsheet as well.

Done and done.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
QGJ give me all your Droid Callers so I can gear AA before Palp event. I'm planning on running Biggs, Wedge, AA, STHan, Lando. All gear 9-10. Who leads? That's going to be me 7* Palp, yes?

Also, I'm about to finish JKA from Cantina farming. Next I think TFP because I'll be getting Palp soon. Is that a better decision than Ayala?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

WerrWaaa posted:

QGJ give me all your Droid Callers so I can gear AA before Palp event. I'm planning on running Biggs, Wedge, AA, STHan, Lando. All gear 9-10. Who leads? That's going to be me 7* Palp, yes?

Also, I'm about to finish JKA from Cantina farming. Next I think TFP because I'll be getting Palp soon. Is that a better decision than Ayala?

TFP or B2 before Aayla

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
B2 seems loving pivotal these days on teams with high value targets.

B2/Anakin teams with Palp are just loving retarded.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

I modded Teebo and EE for speed (200+), TFP for crit chance, Phasma for potency, and QGJ for speed/damage

Jesus, how did Teebo reduce TM without potency mods? Or QGJ for that matter? And did you only auto attack with QGJ? I don't understand!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

Jesus, how did Teebo reduce TM without potency mods? Or QGJ for that matter? And did you only auto attack with QGJ? I don't understand!

TFP -> Tenacity down.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Credit Heist is up today! :woop:

Now if we can have one every day..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

iGestalt posted:

Credit Heist is up today! :woop:

Now if we can have one every day..

Maxed my wedge and I'm out of credits again.

Fuckin' hell.