Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

someone post the ack my tits geep my balls webcomic tia

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

bump_fn posted:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

you know that anime thing you've been looking for?

well look at this!

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

look out here comes my post

http://i.imgur.com/MLxqRm9.mp4

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
reboot is great

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

seriously

OldAlias posted:

yeahhh... i recall these associations got a new round of exposure a few years ago, Bennett's "Cut Hands" project was getting a lot of backlash for appropriation (and his history) and was getting shows canceled. regis had boyd rice + death in june in his fabric mix, Blackest Ever Black / Downwards has distributed fascist poo poo

e. not specifically about nazis in 90s-2000s techno, but no surprise these people still suck

yeah cut hands and the blackest ever black poo poo ring true

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

wasn't one of the ace of bass people a nazi?

yes part of some white pride youth group. used the stupid teenager defense

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70ZArujOu7Q

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

graph posted:

it's not beat dropping, some people think techno should be 140+ and some think it should be around 125

the 140+ crowd reacted with schranz

why the gently caress does this matter? why isn't having a variety of tempos a good thing? sometimes you should dance faster- and other times? let's slow it down a bit

jfc why does everything ever have to be a fight?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Rex-Goliath posted:

why the gently caress does this matter?

drugs, most likely

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

graph posted:

idk buuuuuuuuuuuuttttttt

in the techno world there's always been a war between the ~125bpm techno and the ~140bpm poo poo and in the 90s a ton of the 140bpm poo poo was championed by nazis/fascists but the 140bpm folks realized they lost and reworked their image and productions down to 125 in the early 2000s

iirc this was the reason sandwell district dissolved but they managed to successfully bury their and their labelmates pasts

can anyone back me up or am i talking out of my arse
some 20 years ago there was a noticeable overlap between young extreme-right wingers and hardcore/gabber fans in the netherlands

they'd be easy to spot:

- bald
- bomberjack
- (optional) little dutch flag sewn on bomberjack's sleeve

bump_fn posted:

that was my first thought too

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Sagebrush posted:

See? i fuckin knew it, i knew ham was a canadian thanksgiving thing

my students and coworkers were asking about it and i was like, yeah, ham is the big thing in canada and they were givin me the :pwn: eye

ham all the way eh. i like it with the whole cloves stuck in before you cook it and you make a glaze that's like brown sugar (or molasses) and mustard
isn't it that turkey was never a thing for thanksgiving/christmas/easter because it was a garbage bird nobody liked but then there was a marketing push

one that took hold moreso in the usa than canada

Radio Paranoia posted:

reboot is great
they are rebooting reboot lol

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
maybe i'm just thinking turkey is a more recent thing for christmas/easter than thanksgiving. iirc i think goose/ham are more traditional for those holidays, respectively

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Kenny Logins posted:

isn't it that turkey was never a thing for thanksgiving/christmas/easter because it was a garbage bird nobody liked but then there was a marketing push

wasn't that lobster?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Roosevelt posted:

wasn't that lobster?
that's something separate but yeah lobster used to be for poors

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kenny Logins posted:

maybe i'm just thinking turkey is a more recent thing for christmas/easter than thanksgiving. iirc i think goose/ham are more traditional for those holidays, respectively

Nothing that comes from the Americas (like turkeys) is old enough to be traditional :smugmrgw:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

yes let's all have pickled herring for christmas this year

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

No time for cyber, Dr. Jones!!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Jerry Cotton posted:

Nothing that comes from the Americas (like turkeys) is old enough to be traditional :smugmrgw:

in America 200 years is a long time but in Europe 200 miles is a long distance.

crap nerd
May 24, 2008
https://twitter.com/thetomska/status/806930501214863360?lang=en

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Kenny Logins posted:

goose was an english tradition. turkey was the nearest replacement for goose

ironically people liked turkey so much that it's now the most popular choice in the uk as well

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/markpopham/status/807308078114865152?lang=en

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

puttin' dis here for woodhouse with the counterintuitive suggestion to play on 2x speed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU-MYe0SL9Q

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

This is one of the most brutal dressings down in human history.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

god drat

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
miyazaki is good

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Rex-Goliath posted:

why the gently caress does this matter? why isn't having a variety of tempos a good thing? sometimes you should dance faster- and other times? let's slow it down a bit

jfc why does everything ever have to be a fight?

gently caress you

you come in here wantin' to start a fight? want a fight? well you got it, buddy.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Kenny Logins posted:

that's something separate but yeah lobster used to be for poors

still is, it's just that they also started selling it deep into the middle of the country where it necessarily became expensive because they're expensive to transport without the quality dropping.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

lomarf

NoneMoreNegative posted:

No time for cyber, Dr. Jones!!

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Kenny Logins posted:

puttin' dis here for woodhouse with the counterintuitive suggestion to play on 2x speed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU-MYe0SL9Q

The history of the chipmunks is cool when you realize the witch doctor song was the prototype for the chipmunks. Like the dude figured this out, how to make a song with it then make the chipmunks. It's awesome.

https://youtu.be/cmjrTcYMqBM

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

every single loving day...

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Mo_Steel posted:

every single loving day...

i'm the marine sticker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Radio Paranoia posted:

reboot is great

• Locked thread