Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

Wheat Loaf posted:

Remember when Iris was going out with her boss and he hated the Flash?

I do, but I can't for the life of me remember if he died, or the broke up, or if she just doesn't have an editor anymore, or what.

nine-gear crow posted:

To be fair, that lasted like five minutes, if even. Season 1/early Season 2 Terrible Iris doesn't exist to me. She's always been mid-Season Two/Season Three Amazing Iris. What are you talking about?

Wheat Loaf posted:

I'm pretty sure that was late season two.

Oracle posted:

I thought he got killed by Jay?

And it seems no one else does either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

nine-gear crow posted:

If those wacky adventures involve Iris punching people the gently caress out like she's been doing lately, then sign me the gently caress up :allears:

The reverse of this

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

Does Iris have a job anymore?

Being Barry's cheerleader is a fulltime job. Just look at everyone else in STAR labs.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

"I Am Curious (Black)!"

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Being Barry's cheerleader is a fulltime job. Just look at everyone else in STAR labs.
Considering that Barry's supposed to be a millionaire thanks to Wells 1.0, really none of them should have to do anything other than be a paid Flash motivational speaker if they don't want to. It would make a lot more sense if Iris was a freelance journalist just writing when she wants to and selling the stories to whoever, to give her more time to help the team. No idea if that's really what she's supposed to be doing though.

Gluten Freeman posted:

"I Am Curious (Black)!"
It's a reference to this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Curious_(Yellow)
I can't explain the importance of living the next 24 hours as a BLACK WOMAN though.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That real estate though.. does Central City charge for rates on river frontage?

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

Rocksicles posted:

Also you would think the EPA would be crawling up their rear end trying to figure out how much poo poo they released into the environment when the lab blew up, and then turning it into a superfund site after suing them into the ground.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Rocksicles posted:

I imagine the property rates decline precipitously after the particle accelerator exploded.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Probably doesn't help that they don't seem interested in actually fixing the damage caused by said explosion.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Exxon/BP defence: Yikes.... those baby Seals am i right? Greenpeace loves a good clean up, have at it. HEY!!... we are all feeling this, my new car's doors open outwards!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Guy A. Person posted:

OH that reminds me I'm actually a little disappointed the had Earth-3 Trickster on for like 1 minute of screen time.

They had to move quick before DC Editorial figured out it was actually the Joker

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

They had to move quick before DC Editorial figured out it was actually the Joker

I hope that after Justice League crashes and burns too, that DC Editorial just goes full :dawkins101: on trying to maintain any sort of brand purity between the DCCU and the Arrowverse and we can get stuff like the Arrow Suicide Squad and Harley Quinn back and maybe even get actual Batman and Joker cameos.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

nine-gear crow posted:

I hope that after Justice League crashes and burns too, that DC Editorial just goes full :dawkins101: on trying to maintain any sort of brand purity between the DCCU and the Arrowverse and we can get stuff like the Arrow Suicide Squad and Harley Quinn back and maybe even get actual Batman and Joker cameos.

DIdn't we already get Deadshot back? Or was that Flashpoint stuff?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He was a hallucination.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Bozart posted:

Also you would think the EPA would be crawling up their rear end trying to figure out how much poo poo they released into the environment when the lab blew up, and then turning it into a superfund site after suing them into the ground.

Some poor guy working on the various Willamette contamination sites comes home after a long day, turns on the TV to see that thing go up, drops his pager in the toilet and never looks back.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Bruceski posted:

Some poor guy working on the various Willamette contamination sites comes home after a long day, turns on the TV to see that thing go up, drops his pager in the toilet and never looks back.

... And then the water in the toilet starts slowly floating up into the air...

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
What I'm super happy about was the moment when Wally zips in, gives a cocky grin, and starts throwing shade at the God of Speed.

That was the moment when I finally went, "Holy poo poo, it's Wally!" as opposed to just a wooden guy with the same name. It's incredible what happens when you let the actors have fun with their parts!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

What I'm super happy about was the moment when Wally zips in, gives a cocky grin, and starts throwing shade at the God of Speed.

That was the moment when I finally went, "Holy poo poo, it's Wally!" as opposed to just a wooden guy with the same name. It's incredible what happens when you let the actors have fun with their parts!

I rewatched the end of the last episode (because Wally's Joe impersonation and his utter joy at officially becoming Kid Flash are just fantastic) and the more I watch it, the more I notice little details, like HR being drunk as gently caress in the background while Joe and Cecile are exchanging mugs and he's trying to make out with the make out with the Christmas tree. :allears:

Everyone on this show is great.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

Turns out it's a problem with the writing and/or directing, and not the actors. See also: The Star Wars prequels.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

Exxon/BP defence: Yikes.... those baby Seals am i right? Greenpeace loves a good clean up, have at it. HEY!!... we are all feeling this, my new car's doors open outwards!

:raise:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

Aquasnake posted:

No, I definitely saw it. They said it's from 5 months in the future, so that's not relevant until the season finale. I'm talking about this episode, the midseason finale, leading into the midseason premiere. There's still no plot hook. In order for that to be a hook, Savitar needs to come back first, which didn't happen at the end of this episode, which still leaves them with no problems going into the midseason premiere next episode.

I assume we open on a Barry monologue?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

No I got the reference, I just didn't get how it correlated to anything going on in the thread.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

So rumor has it that they'll be introducing Gypsy from Justice League Detroit. She and Vibe might be a thing. And possibly some other JLD characters come come in down the line. I hope they give her a new superhero name though.

If they're trying to make that a spin off, it better have Vixen.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I think Berlanti said they have no plans for new shows right now, since keeping up with four must already be strenuous. Plus because of contracts and other legal matters, getting Constantine would be very difficult since his Arrow appearance was stipulated as a one-time only thing at the time. Really no point to having a JLD show if you can't get him on board.

As for Gypsy, they will likely just not give her a superhero name to use and have her go by name alone. Supposedly she's a cop from Earth-19 and will probably have some kind of plot involved with Harry.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

lotus circle posted:

I think Berlanti said they have no plans for new shows right now, since keeping up with four must already be strenuous. Plus because of contracts and other legal matters, getting Constantine would be very difficult since his Arrow appearance was stipulated as a one-time only thing at the time. Really no point to having a JLD show if you can't get him on board.

Justice League Detroit and Justice League Dark are different organizations.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Oh, my bad. They have the same abbreviations and "JLD" is usually used for the Dark one.

...And plus a Detroit show is even less likely to be made than a Dark one, sadly.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

lotus circle posted:

Oh, my bad. They have the same abbreviations and "JLD" is usually used for the Dark one.

...And plus a Detroit show is even less likely to be made than a Dark one, sadly.

Surprisingly, the only members of that team that haven't shown up are Aquaman, Zatanna, Elongated Man and Gypsy. MM is in Supergirl, Vixen is on LoT and Vibe is on Flash. The Steel on the original team is Hank Heywood III, cousin to Nate. I'd expect if Gypsy made it in, she'd be the New 52 version in some aspect as an individual from an alternate universe running away from a pursuing threat. Elongated Man was referenced in his alter ego in the Flash.

Not impossible as most of the elements are actually available. The problem is putting them together. At the very, least they're less of a strain on the effects budget compared to the JLDark. The Shadowpact would probably be more viable as it'd require less on the effects in exchange for a slight increase in makeup due to Blue Devil and Nightshade (not by much in her regard) as well as figuring out how to do Detective Chimp. I'd prefer a JLI fwiw, but that'll probably never happen for a decade at least unless WB gets it's head out of it's rear end with the grimderp tone of its Justice League movies and goes straight ensemble shenanigans with it ala Guardians of the Galaxy

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I guess I just don't see them making a second ensemble show any time soon if it involves taking current characters away from their shows. It has the side effect of taking away some great supporting characters from the shows they originated from. I can't for a moment imagine a Flash show without Cisco, or Supergirl without MM, because those two are so integral to the shows they come from.

Hence why JL Dark is a bit more likely to me, since they would have to introduce a whole new slew of characters. The only one on the current shows who would qualify is Ragman, who is already competing with a bunch of newbies on Arrow anyways. But again, Berlanti already said he doesn't want to make anymore new shows unless one of them ends, so it's a moot point.

lotus circle fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Dec 12, 2016

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If CW has an interests in a fifth show* I can't imagine it would be "Justice League Detroit."

Although, given the evidence I find it impossible to deny that there appears to be a fan of that group in the Arrow-verse creative department. Which is some random poo poo for sure.

*While a nerdy part of me would love an Arrow-verse show on every night of the week I'm inclined to agree that if they shouldn't do it unless they kill something else off. Ending the Legends' journey and turning it into a new show or the "Arrow becomes The Outsiders" stuff people were randomly speculating about sort of stuff. But I have no reason to assume that's on the horizon and for now Legends seems to be an easy place to use any side characters that they like but don't have a place for on Flash and Arrow (and presumably eventually Supergirl, because I'd really like to see a character jump from that show and have Legends just become an Exiles type show/book).

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Dec 12, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
LoT is moving to Tuesday so there won't even be an Arrowverse show on 4 days a week.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Rhyno posted:

LoT is moving to Tuesday so there won't even be an Arrowverse show on 4 days a week.

Why Tuesday? There are already 2 comic book shows on Tuesday.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

nelson posted:

I think it's replacing No Tommorow and then the week after it ends iZombie takes it's place. Also, watch iZombie. (But do not watch me get myself laughed out of the old iZombie thread.)

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Xelkelvos posted:

as well as figuring out how to do Detective Chimp.

Paul Blackthorne in a chimp mask and Sherlock outfit.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised at Cisco not being all "YOU ALL NEED NEW OUTFITS" to the new Arrow guys during the crossover. He seems to have made pretty much everyone elses outside of the Legends cast and that seems entirely because they have an outfit machine.

nelson posted:

What's the other?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Cisco hasn't even made himself a proper costume.

Luminaflare posted:

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised at Cisco not being all "YOU ALL NEED NEW OUTFITS" to the new Arrow guys during the crossover. He seems to have made pretty much everyone elses outside of the Legends cast and that seems entirely because they have an outfit machine.

What's the other?
Probably :thejoke: but Agents of SHIELD.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
I was kind of impressed the three "new" guys had pretty much spot on costumes from the comics. I looked up mad dog and "yep, same tshirt"

Mr Terrifics jacket is so boss :swoon:

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Cisco offered during the crossover to upgrade Ray's suit and he mentioned it last week so that presumably will be coming soon. I was super impressed with the original so I can't wait to see how the new aluminum man suit turns out.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

irlZaphod posted:

Cisco hasn't even made himself a proper costume.

Probably :thejoke: but Agents of SHIELD.

Not joking, I'm a few seasons behind on SHIELD and didn't know when it was airing this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's at 10/9c now because it's more extreme and full of adult situations like seeing the top 10% of a lady's buttcrack.

• Locked thread