Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I finally downloaded Overcast (Apple's podcast app was always bad, but since iOS 10, it makes me press PLAY twice if the podcast has been paused for longer than a minute). Does the Smart Speed function noticeably lessen the battery?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Does the Smart Speed function noticeably lessen the battery?

I believe that part is done on the server. But if I'm wrong, I assume the battery hit would be negligible.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So what are Gourley and Mark doing in NYC for the next few weeks?

I want Blasooch to be on every episode now.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

I believe that part is done on the server. But if I'm wrong, I assume the battery hit would be negligible.

It's done on the phone. The author actually did some extensive battery tests and found that Smart Speed does affect the battery but only a little:

https://marco.org/2016/03/14/overcast25 (ctrl+f "smart speed")

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

So what are Gourley and Mark doing in NYC for the next few weeks?

I want Blasooch to be on every episode now.

Hopefully some live shows.

Auckerman and Lapkus both have hush-hush projects right now too. Just someone tell me what to get pumped about!

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Someone on Reddit is saying they're gonna be on Blindspot. Lapkus is doing the Ferrell/Reilly Holmes and Watson movie.

No idea what Scott is doing though.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
There was a picture on someone's twitter of a Mike Detective script. Not sure if it was an old picture, teasing an upcoming season 2, teasing a never-coming season 2, a pilot for a mini-series, or none of the above.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Tatumje posted:

There was a picture on someone's twitter of a Mike Detective script. Not sure if it was an old picture, teasing an upcoming season 2, teasing a never-coming season 2, a pilot for a mini-series, or none of the above.

It was Scott's twitter, but if I remember correctly it was just the title page and said "first draft" so I wouldn't expect anything to come of that anytime soon.

beeman
May 7, 2008

oh baby http://imgur.com/a/uGphg

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Hopefully it's as good as every other Tom Scharpling episode.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Yaaaaaasss

beeman
May 7, 2008

someone on the earwolf forum made an abridged version of sean's phone adventure from big apple bible ep 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLsP9HozvY4

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
KEVIN!!!

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

feedmyleg posted:

Hopefully some live shows.

Auckerman and Lapkus both have hush-hush projects right now too. Just someone tell me what to get pumped about!

They're all seeing Hamilton again for the Hamilton fan cast.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

This is garbage. Sometimes engineers need to be punished.

Also, Hayes will be on Best Show next week. I hope they stage another dramatic reading of a Deadline Hollywood comment flamewar. "Obvious Fox SHILL."

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Huh. The last guest I'd expect on an Earwolf show would be Edward Snowden.

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013

The Ape of Naples posted:

Huh. The last guest I'd expect on an Earwolf show would be Edward Snowden.

Please say he's on Hollywood Handbook.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Unfortunately, no.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i would guess he's on the katie couric show, but clearly he should be talking about what it was like teaching joseph gordon levitt how to use a computer with sean and hayes

beeman
May 7, 2008

Casper Presents: In Your Dreams with Chris Gethard

Chris Gethard and Gary Richardson are here to analyze your dreams! Chris (an astute novice) and Gary (a dream expert of the "self-described" variety) dissect listener-submitted dreams in this brand new 8-episode series. You'll hear from folks who have been attacked by razor-toothed demon children, received coded messages from their deceased relatives, and come face to face with the ghosts of Huey Lewis and the News, among many more terrifying, fascinating, and straight up bizarre dreams. Plus, each week a special guest joins in to help with the analysis, and to talk about their own strange dreams. The first episode lands on December 12. Don't snooze through it!

cams posted:

i would guess he's on the katie couric show, but clearly he should be talking about what it was like teaching joseph gordon levitt how to use a computer with sean and hayes

agreedo

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
When is Harry's Razors Presents: North Pole Stories with Santa Claus ?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Cloks posted:

When is Harry's Razors Presents: North Pole Stories with Santa Claus ?

Hwee Hwee Hwee (Using Santa's real laugh)

Funny how, due to childbirth, Casper's sponsored Earwolf podcast came out just a day before their sponsored MBMBaM episode. Makes it feel like, within a month, every podcast will be about sleep and dreams.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I love Gethard, but I could not be less interested in a subject for a podcast. Same goes with Beautiful/Anonymous, I guess.

I'm not interested in hearing regular people talk about their lives, their mental illnesses, their dreams, or really anything at all. There's a reason that regular people aren't often on podcasts. It's because they're not that interesting.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
It's not so much that plebs aren't interesting or don't lead interesting lives; they just don't have the training and practice to turn their lived experiences into entertaining fodder.

But a talented host can make almost anyone interesting imo

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I remember reading a dream thread here on something awful and for some reason I'm the only person not having super wacky dreams every night about the apocalypse and murder

I feel like 90% of the dreams submitted to the show will probably be like that

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
PSA: The latest H&M is an Action Boyz episode, which are the best

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008
my dreams are either very good dreams that don't need decoding or boring nonsense i forget. i'll listen to chris gethard interpreting dreams though

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah only Gethard could make this topic interesting.

Also I just got front row tickets to career suicide on one of his dates in London while I'm there, which is totally cool. Now to traipse around Soho on my own in the middle of the night, yay?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

anyone who complains about HDTGM being too manic should enjoy the Anna Faris ep. it's really funny hearing them try to adjust to a guest who's speaking at maybe 1/4 speed

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
When I watch Westworld I have to watch a trailer for The Young Pope and it just reminds me that HBO stole Sean and Hayes' idea.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

HolePisser1982 posted:

anyone who complains about HDTGM being too manic should enjoy the Anna Faris ep. it's really funny hearing them try to adjust to a guest who's speaking at maybe 1/4 speed

She was way drunk. Especially by the end.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Lol there's a bottle of wine by her elbow in the studio photos

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
What's with the candles?

EDIT: just realized it looks like it's being recorded in someone's dining room.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
She's got a podcast she records from home and presumably is a disciple of the Todd Glass school

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i am gonna listen to that episode eventually but that image bums me out

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Listen to her podcast sometime it's like.. every single bad thing a podcast can do all in one
1. Call in segment every show
2. Home recording with bad levels
3. 400 random hangers on who are all allowed to talk
4. She's drunk every episode
5. Extremely out of touch

But it's still kind of fun because Cris Pratt is there sometimes

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I will say that overall the episode sounds good. I didn't notice any big differences between her place and earwolf. And she didn't really talk too much so it's ok. There was one annoying point by the end where she was pretty far gone and trying to get out some thought and Jason has to coach her along. "No, no, no. Keep going. You got this"

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I was hoping that she was there to do Smiley Face, because I hated that film so much... then I look it up to find out it's by Greg Arakis and everyone else really likes it, so maybe I completely missed the point or something.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Mr. Squishy posted:

presumably is a disciple of the Todd Glass school

Brings in a live drummer and cranks the reverb?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Squishy posted:

She's got a podcast she records from home and presumably is a disciple of the Todd Glass school

An important component of the Todd Glass school is Todd's OCD.