Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

apparently I can't read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

kustomkarkommando posted:

apparently I can't read

that's a relief, because the other option was that i can't.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/807455330066202624

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Cause they were too busy calling MSNBC trying to get Mika off the air for pointing out the exact reason HIllary lost the election.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

lmao yes THAT would have done it

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
With the russians hacking rnc networks as well and not doing anything I wonder how the GOP is gonna ignore that they are russias preferred party

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Gin and Juche posted:

With the russians hacking rnc networks as well and not doing anything I wonder how the GOP is gonna ignore that they are russias preferred party

Same way they ignore everything else.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Gin and Juche posted:

by ignoring it

If it isn't on Hannity, didn't happen

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/807589249105166336?lang=en

all i can visualise is a giant but really dumb snake eating itself

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Gin and Juche posted:

The GOP knows better than to take US intelligence at face value.

Unless there is oil to be made.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

I welcome America's new found distaste at the idea of countries intervening in elections

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I welcome America's new found distaste at the idea of countries intervening in elections
im sure they'll learn something from this

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Well this time it's us though

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

american exceptionalism includes sovereignty, rights

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

FYI

https://twitter.com/steelworkers/status/807425900048478208

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Disinterested posted:

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/807589249105166336?lang=en

all i can visualise is a giant but really dumb snake eating itself

Big dumb oroboros are my favorite

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

R. Mute posted:

american exceptionalism includes sovereignty, rights

:yeah:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

R. Mute posted:

im sure they'll learn something from this

No we won't.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

I had a series of really bizarre dreams last night

One involved stuffing an entire family into a small glass box along with their pet parakeet

and later I was using a disabled tank as a makeshift artillery piece while fighting alongside communist insurgents in Algeria, where I met a compulsive liar from my childhood that I haven't seen or spoken to in almost 30 years

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Yeah our gutted education budget has seen to that.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Randler posted:

I'll just gonna leave this here for future reference.

https://www.rootclaim.com

Per mathematica ad veritas. :v:

It's also the ultimate anti Volkerball site, because it uses math to challenge American narratives as well.

ugh, bayesian inference

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

So if there's strong evidence to suggest Russia hacked the RNC emails and have been sitting on them, what do you guys think the end goal is here? Just start leaking them after Trump's inauguration to cause more destabilization or will they try blackmailing GOP officials?

If any of those emails contained info from Trump's tax returns then I have no doubt he'd rather bend the knee to Putin than let those get leaked.

Proposal: Liberals should start yelling "You're a puppet!" or "Cyka Blyat!" at Trump at every opportunity possible.

bowser fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Dec 10, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The end game is that Trump is a lovely leader and a weak America is good for Russia

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

cult member at airport posted:

Proposal: Liberals should start yelling "You're a puppet!" or "Cyka Blyat!" at Trump at every opportunity possible.

appealing to patriotism and structuring an opposition campaign around the insufficient loyalty of your opponent to the nation is a sure fired way to undermine resurgent rightwing narratives op

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

I may be a liberal but I am loyal!

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

I'm the sneering cosmopolitan elite me

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I'm the sneering cosmopolitan elite me
yeah we saw the bourgeoisie paper you use for envelopes

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

I eat hummus!

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

If you put bacon in your hummus it can't go to heaven :smugbird:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

The end game is that Trump is a lovely leader and a weak America is good for Russia

Yep. People are really putting way too much thought into this when it's very simple. Putin wants a divided and distracted America so he can better get away with doing poo poo in Eastern Europe/Middle East. There isn't some insidious plot to vassalize the US or some poo poo.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Gin and Juche posted:

Russia are our best friends now, haven't you heard

cult member at airport posted:

So if there's strong evidence to suggest Russia hacked the RNC emails and have been sitting on them, what do you guys think the end goal is here? Just start leaking them after Trump's inauguration to cause more destabilization or will they try blackmailing GOP officials?

If any of those emails contained info from Trump's tax returns then I have no doubt he'd rather bend the knee to Putin than let those get leaked.

Data-mining it for potential passwords ofGOP officials who get positions in the Trump administration, seeing who's been receptive to Trump's pro-Russia shift and who's pushing back against it, and other things along those lines.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Woo our new sec of state is an oil company CEO

Wonder what countries he has circled on a map

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Can I take a moment to comment on the fact that it seems that the biggest political complaint that forums and twitter dudes of all stripes seem to have is that people are mean to them on the internet?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I just saw a CNN chevron quoting Kerry on "Syrian 'war crimes'"

They put "war crimes" in loving quotes

gently caress everything

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

The Muppets On PCP posted:

ugh, bayesian inference
as a frequentist, i

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
also the fact that there's a community of people outside of statisticians and epistemologists that are obsessed with bayes' rule is hilarious to me

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Woo our new sec of state is an oil company CEO

Wonder what countries he has circled on a map

have people freaked out about his friendly relationship with putin yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

have people freaked out about his friendly relationship with putin yet

I'm sure that's coming

Quick someone think up some plausible cabinet picks that would have been worse than what we're getting because I'm genuinely having a hard time coming up with any

• Locked thread