Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

ibntumart posted:

Well, now I'm wondering if I should use this now instead of hoping it's around and usable in a few months. Have you tried re-rebooting and re-running to make sure it's just as easy to re-jailbreak as before?

I've just tried it, took 3 tries but it's working fine - and I usually had to try a couple of times with Pangu anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
If you guys are using the JailbreakMe WebKit, download the jbmepatch to fix the Pegasus vulnerability. In fact, even if you don't use the WebKit you should still download that patch for security purposes.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
Better suited for a Reddit post or something, but whatever.

With the Snapchat ban poo poo that's happening, I discovered that while I have used Phantom for years, when the notices started I deleted the tweak, and traces of it. I didn't prevent other tweaks from touching Snapchat, like Eclipse, Activator, whatever. Today, with no notice other than the initial warning, I can no longer login to my main Snapchat account on my 9.0.2 jailbroken iPhone 6. I can login to a spare account I test with. However, I can login to my main account in safe mode. I went to the Snapchat unlock page to make sure that wasn't it, nothing.

The only interesting part is the safe mode thing.

EDIT- Okay that was weird. Despite the UI showing me not logged in, I did just get a notification saying I got a new snap. I honestly don't know what's happening.

Super Deuce fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Dec 10, 2016

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Super Deuce posted:

Better suited for a Reddit post or something, but whatever.

With the Snapchat ban poo poo that's happening, I discovered that while I have used Phantom for years, when the notices started I deleted the tweak, and traces of it. I didn't prevent other tweaks from touching Snapchat, like Eclipse, Activator, whatever. Today, with no notice other than the initial warning, I can no longer login to my main Snapchat account on my 9.0.2 jailbroken iPhone 6. I can login to a spare account I test with. However, I can login to my main account in safe mode. I went to the Snapchat unlock page to make sure that wasn't it, nothing.

The only interesting part is the safe mode thing.

This was me yesterday. What I did was disabled Snap+ and Xcon in iCleaner Pro, and then I was able to log-on fine. I have activator too, but didn't need to disable it.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

The Iron Rose posted:

This was me yesterday. What I did was disabled Snap+ and Xcon in iCleaner Pro, and then I was able to log-on fine. I have activator too, but didn't need to disable it.

Man, I don't have Snap+ installed, and don't use Xcon. The hell could it be?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Super Deuce posted:

Man, I don't have Snap+ installed, and don't use Xcon. The hell could it be?

That I'm not sure about.

Try NoSub enabled for Phantom? It's no substrate mode for a specific app.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

The Iron Rose posted:

That I'm not sure about.

Try NoSub enabled for Phantom? It's no substrate mode for a specific app.

Thanks, I meant to get that earlier but forgot the name.

EDIT- No need. Figured out it was Pokémon go anywhere, which I haven't used in so long. The xCon build specifically for that game may have done it, because now I can login just fine.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

ibntumart posted:

Well, now I'm wondering if I should use this now instead of hoping it's around and usable in a few months. Have you tried re-rebooting and re-running to make sure it's just as easy to re-jailbreak as before?

I am using it now instead of Pangu after rebooting or killing my battery. It works great! Does take 3 or so tries but it works.

Don't forget to add it to your home screen so that it will be cached onto your iDevice in case you ever need to reboot and you aren't near wifi or the site goes down.

Ezrem
Jan 23, 2006

Zigmidge posted:

It's too bad I'm late to save you from ios thread bandwagons. The correct answer was iFile.

Actually, the correct answer is Filza.

iFile hasn't been updated for a while. File deletion has some bugs in it that can completely screw up your jailbreak.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Ezrem posted:

iFile hasn't been updated for a while. File deletion has some bugs in it that can completely screw up your jailbreak.

I didn't know about that. I've merrily deleted files in the past without knowing. Is this specific to any specific jailbreak or just the most recent one?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Ezrem posted:

Actually....

Thanks, I'll check it out but that is news to me and no doubt to this thread. iFile still works fantastically well and has never screwed up any of my jailbreaks.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Same here and I've had it for iOS 7 through 9. But I don't do a ton of deleting via iFile, so maybe I've just been lucky.

The Safari jailbreak on https://jbme.qwertyoruiop.com/ worked perfectly for me, by the way. I added it to my home screen and only had to run it the one time.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Stop posting ITT it gets me too excited :saddowns:

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Stop posting ITT it gets me too excited :saddowns:

Well, qwertyoruiop did hint at a 10.2 jailbreak in a couple of days and a Trident jailbreak for some 32-bit iDevices.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Since iOS finally has its own f.lux all i really need is some version of tage. Love locking my phone by title bar and of course the swipe up for closing/multitasking. Can't live without it

ios10 added their own version of swipe select right?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

ios10 is a weak substitute for flux and I can't find swipe select if it exists. I really want a jailbreak again :(

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I swore I remember reading someone touting the ~~innovation~~ of Apple to have swipe select built in. Maybe it was only 6s+ devices not sure

I'm tempted to update to the latest iOS in hopes of a possible future update. Then again, if apple drops a new iOS that patches out a possible JB they'll usually release it so people can JB within the signing window

GoodCleanFun
Jan 28, 2004

Zigmidge posted:

ios10 is a weak substitute for flux and I can't find swipe select if it exists. I really want a jailbreak again :(

It's only available on the 6s and 7. Force touch on the keyboard and then you can slide the cursor. Not as good as swipe select, but better than nothing.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

How is f.lux better than the iOS version? Curious which to run

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

How is f.lux better than the iOS version? Curious which to run

ios is like a switch is flipped, flux has a transition I don't notice which I think is important when you're going from blue to orange.

Ezrem
Jan 23, 2006

ibntumart posted:

I didn't know about that. I've merrily deleted files in the past without knowing. Is this specific to any specific jailbreak or just the most recent one?

Zigmidge posted:

Actually....

Thanks, I'll check it out but that is news to me and no doubt to this thread. iFile still works fantastically well and has never screwed up any of my jailbreaks.

It's been around for a while now. Deleting from a search can wipe out your whole /Applications folder.

Meanwhile Filza works great and has an updated GUI. Your choice...

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

So there's some--probably 100% complete bullshit--buzz about a potential jailbreak. 10.1.1 is still be signed and it might be worth upgrading to that? But then I'd lose my jailbreak, bleh. But when new jailbreaks drop it's generally on an ios apple will still sign for the next short while?

Just ignore this post because I just have hope for a new jb even though it probably won't happen for a bit :<

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

So there's some--probably 100% complete bullshit--buzz about a potential jailbreak. 10.1.1 is still be signed and it might be worth upgrading to that? But then I'd lose my jailbreak, bleh. But when new jailbreaks drop it's generally on an ios apple will still sign for the next short while?

Just ignore this post because I just have hope for a new jb even though it probably won't happen for a bit :<

Every single iOS update there is buzz about a jailbreak release because that dev Luca posts about how the newest update is exploitable and proves it, jail breaking his personal phone. However he never releases a public jailbreak. Take this buzz with the tiniest grain of salt possible.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

ya it just sucks cause every so often something like this happens and everyone laughs it off then boom a jailbreak two days later

I'm a gullible idiot is what I'm saying

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
It's real. I'll stick on 9.2 until it all gets ironed out but it would be nice to actually use 10 like the rest of the civilized world.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
gently caress, I'm still on 8.1.3 and can't update most of my apps anymore because of version requirements

But do I really want to lose all of my sweet chat app tweaks

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
It's real but it isn't. It's not a one-touch .exe jailbreak like what Taig and Pangu have released. Also you'll have to install Cydia on your own.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

well w/e I downgraded to 10.1.1 here's to hoping something happens :pray:

Bill Barber posted:

It's real. I'll stick on 9.2 until it all gets ironed out but it would be nice to actually use 10 like the rest of the civilized world.

ugh need that awful app imessage sticker pack

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Dec 17, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not trying to get everyone hyped but per reddit a 10.1.1 root/kernel was released, whatever that poo poo means

Anyways what I'm saying is we may very well see a jailbreak soon. Might be worth it to go to 10.1.1 in case they close the signing window, up to you

I think you can save your blobs or w/e tho

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Dec 19, 2016

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

I'm on 9.1 so not gonna upgrade yet. Also not sure what saving your blobs does?

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
Didn't the TinyUmbrella/blob thing get fixed a long time ago?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I think in this case it would let you downgrade and jailbreak again if the 10.1.1 jb isn't a thing but i totally forgot how all that poo poo worked

lotta post on reddit about blobs so....

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I think in this case it would let you downgrade and jailbreak again if the 10.1.1 jb isn't a thing but i totally forgot how all that poo poo worked

lotta post on reddit about blobs so....

But you wouldn't be downgrading? You'd be upgrading?

I don't understand the downgrade thing. Everyone who wants to be on 10.1.1 can be since the signing window is still open.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Say you're on 9.3 or a previous firmware and jailbroken. You want to upgrade to 10.1.1 for the possible JB. You upgrade, there is no jb, you use the blobs to downgrade to 9.3 to JB again. Again, I think that's how it works. It's a bit complicated

Once there's JB buzz that means apple is gonna close the signing window very soon for that firmware

I mean y'all can do w/e you want tbh I'm just spreading some potential good news

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Pretty sure that saving your blobs (to be able to downgrade your IOS version to something that is no longer signed by Apple) does not work on anything newer than like a iPhone 4.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I saw a lot of posts about it on the subreddit but yeah I have absolutely no idea

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Don't do anything until something is released.

If you're currently in 9.3 and jail broken, stay as is. The kids on Reddit just love to get hyped up.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
In this case, that's bad advice. The root exploit for 10.1.1 already exists - it just isn't paired with some other key components yet - but the signing window could close any moment.

bobfather fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Dec 19, 2016

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
The blobs are used to install unsigned firmware. So if you're on 9.3.3, and if a 10.1.1 jailbreak is released, you can install 10.1.1 even if the signing window had closed.

HOWEVER, this is all in theory because it needs another program, Prometheus it be upgraded to work with 64bit devices.

Best case scenario, Prometheus is upgraded by year's end, which 10.1.1 will definitely be closed by. Worst case scenario, "soon".

Hamburlgar posted:

Don't do anything until something is released.

If you're currently in 9.3 and jail broken, stay as is. The kids on Reddit just love to get hyped up.

This. This so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!
I still own an iPad 3, and the last time I saw "there was a jailbreak available!" I upgraded to 9.3.3 only to find out that the jailbreak was only for the newer 64-bit devices. Did that change such that I should try again right now before the signing window closes?

• Locked thread