Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Sheriff stop the bandits in the middle of a bank heist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWId-woeE4o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Born in Bexhill
Apr 9, 2007
If you are a level 10 scout and don't constantly use the Martini Henry rifle with the Kolibri secondary then you aren't achieving maximum Battlefield.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The hellreigle is off the chain. But I don't dig the medic rank 10 rifle at all

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

What's everyone's thoughts on medical pouch versus medical crate? I'm a big proponent of the pouches for the afford mobility and sheer healing speed but all of my RL friends are DIEHARD crate fans. I just don't see it -- but I'm welcome to be proven wrong. Whatever works best

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Tei posted:

There aren't this many incompetent players on a US server in an entire evening of games. Or if there are, they are definitely on my team / in my squad.

HOW did that first pack of dudes not turn around? ever?

omg chael crash posted:

What's everyone's thoughts on medical pouch versus medical crate? I'm a big proponent of the pouches for the afford mobility and sheer healing speed but all of my RL friends are DIEHARD crate fans. I just don't see it -- but I'm welcome to be proven wrong. Whatever works best

I was unaware that the pouch heals faster, which could change my mind. But I mean functionally if crate heals multiple people and reserves my use of Buttons for Other Purposes then the crate is way better. Not that I dissect my play in this way in reality, but I cannot be firing bullets for the ~1.5 second throw-a-pouch animation and even though I am straight up terrible at shooting, limiting my ability to spray n pray makes me anxious!

just... put out another crate if you need to get different people health?

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
For me, it depends on which map I'm on. For smaller maps I'll just place a crate where I know people will congregate, for larger maps I use pouches

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Ol Standard Retard posted:

There aren't this many incompetent players on a US server in an entire evening of games. Or if there are, they are definitely on my team / in my squad.

Is fun because if you have played Planetside 2 you see this has normal. People can really only focus on one direction, maybe two. In a place with 3 entrances, one of it is not guarded if the other two have attackers.

Is weird that this theory almost never work in BF1, I guest when people spawn need some time to adjust and are these people that kill you if you try to attack people from behind.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

This is like one of those "if you don't work with a smelly guy it means you're the smelly guy" things.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Chemmy posted:

Just got done with hockey practice. Gonna sleep for a couple hours and then get on.

GT: Iscariote

I will also be on in about 40 minutes.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
If y'all need a consistently average, low-ranking player with a can-do attitude and heart of gold alcohol, I'll probably be on as well

Tag: Guns of August

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Do medals reset your progress at the end of the week? Like, if I'm in the middle of the assault/smg medal, and just need to do the 5 kills in a life, but I don't get it before the reset, will it save my progress for next time it comes around, or will it be reset?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Am I right thinking that the vehicle medal is broken? The first requirement is do 75 vehicle damage but it seems to want me to damage vehicles 75 different times? That's a lot

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
Thanks for not letting me in your squad, jerks :(

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Laminator posted:

Oh hey, you're grohn! We shot people together :hfive:

Sorry I had to leave suddenly, some people came to look at the house (we're trying to sell). I asked one of their kids to move my controller every so often to keep from getting kicked. I'm going to laugh very hard if that somehow makes it into the buyer's feedback.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013

Laminator posted:

Heres a clip of the hellriegel i was tellin ya about so you know what to look forward to when you finally unlock it http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SKATER%20H8ER/video/24447900 and did anyone in the squad happen to record a clip of the horse just slamming into the tank earlier?

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Skater h8er posted:

Heres a clip of the hellriegel i was tellin ya about so you know what to look forward to when you finally unlock it http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SKATER%20H8ER/video/24447900 and did anyone in the squad happen to record a clip of the horse just slamming into the tank earlier?

lol

Should only take me about another 20 years to unlock all the class 10 weapons

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
I just completed the legion of the skull medal. Is it just me or is the general level of people that play TDM much lower than conquest and rush? I was consistently in the top 3 with k/d at least 2 for 6 rounds.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
^ I think it's just wider variation because electing to play TDM will kinda self sort people into "dedicated TDM players" and "people on other game mode walkabout"

Laminator posted:

lol

Should only take me about another 20 years to unlock all the class 10 weapons

At least u got the 10A to keep you company til hellreigel because it's the best gun anyway

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Elliptical Dick posted:

I just completed the legion of the skull medal. Is it just me or is the general level of people that play TDM much lower than conquest and rush? I was consistently in the top 3 with k/d at least 2 for 6 rounds.

I play it when I just want to run around and shoot mans for a couple of 10 minute matches instead of a 30 minute slog through conquest. I've noticed the same thing, I can consistently top the team in TDM. There's the skill level I guess, but the lack of vehicles and snipers, which accounts for like 90% of my deaths in conquest, probably has something to do with it. Conquest leaderboards tend to be dominated by tank and sky lords who go 50-1.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

That's why I play Domination and War Pigeons most of the time. Smaller maps, infantry based, a little more fast-paced than a Conquest/Operations/Rush slog.

I foolishly continue to refuse to use the 10-A except for Slug because I hate myself

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Laminator posted:

Smaller maps, infantry based,

I foolishly continue to refuse to use the 10-A except for Slug because I hate myself

I know ur a doctor now, u could probably get something published in JAMA about the pathology of this level of self loathing

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

expect a case report in the Journal of Bad Decisions in the near future

e: hahahahaha I'm in the top 2% in the world for 10-A Slug

Laminator fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Dec 11, 2016

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Finger Prince posted:

I play it when I just want to run around and shoot mans for a couple of 10 minute matches instead of a 30 minute slog through conquest. I've noticed the same thing, I can consistently top the team in TDM. There's the skill level I guess, but the lack of vehicles and snipers, which accounts for like 90% of my deaths in conquest, probably has something to do with it. Conquest leaderboards tend to be dominated by tank and sky lords who go 50-1.

What kind of filthy casual allows themselves to die when tanking?

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Has the game been semi hosed for anyone else on the bone. Lots of black screen map spawns and weird lag issues that I thought where me but don't happen in any other game.

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled

DELETED fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Dec 11, 2016

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

FastestGunAlive posted:

What kind of filthy casual allows themselves to die when tanking?

I don't care how many lives it takes, how many mines, grenades, and rocket shots, I will blow up your tank. It's the principle of it. Nobody goes xx-0 in a vehicle while I'm playing. It's both my calling and my sickness. Unless you're on my team, in which case "that's one hell of a pilot!!"

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence

Finger Prince posted:

I don't care how many lives it takes, how many mines, grenades, and rocket shots, I will blow up your tank. It's the principle of it. Nobody goes xx-0 in a vehicle while I'm playing. It's both my calling and my sickness. Unless you're on my team, in which case "that's one hell of a pilot!!"

:911:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Elliptical Dick posted:

It's because anyone who picks TDM in a battlefield game clearly doesn't have much history playing video games

Born in Bexhill
Apr 9, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

It's because anyone who picks TDM in a battlefield game clearly doesn't have much history playing video games

This. All my friends from work who play call of duty and destiny and poo poo all play this mode by default. Needless to say I never squad up with them for long. I'm also a Battlefield elitist so

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
TDM is okay... if I want a short match, I play Domination instead of Conquest. Most people playing Dom think they are playing TDM anyway...

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
I'm such a filthy hypocrite. Since this game came out I've been gritting my teeth and cussing every time I get killed by the Martini-Henry.

Now that I finally unlocked it I cna't get enough of it. It doesn't hurt that I keep mumbling to myself, "Fire by rank!" when I load it up. Zulu is one of my father's favorite movies.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I've decided to play support recently to get to rank 10 and it's probably my best class. Only gun I've clicked with is the benet mercie storm which is have 600+ kills with. My SPM is by far the highest with support. 650 vs my next highest which is assault at 560. For a class everyone seems to poo poo on I'm doing quite well with it.

I also recently have found the joy of artillery trucks. A dumb person on the other team left a full health arty truck sitting there so I took it and kept it the rest of the game. It's hilariously fun to poo poo on people with. This is coming from someone who never fucks with vehicles

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

The mercie storm is really good, pretty accurate, and if handled properly, it can get up to 3 kills a clip.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

God tier support gun is the mg15 suppressive, its loving brutal with a 200-round box mag and a loving scope and bipod. Prone it's laser accurate and fired in short bursts you can outsnipe the snipers!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I play support a lot, and I basically never get to lay down and use my weapon as god intended. I pretty much always get sniped if I stop moving.

Benet Mercie is my fave, with the BAR replacing it when I need something more assault-rifle-y.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Born in Bexhill posted:

This. All my friends from work who play call of duty and destiny and poo poo all play this mode by default. Needless to say I never squad up with them for long. I'm also a Battlefield elitist so

Playing BF with my Destiny friends was shocking for me. Hear them bitching about tanks and stuff. But them in Destiny it took 2 years for people stopping to take A in Shores of Time. What this tell me is people is greedy and blind by default, teamwork is something that people need to learn and is not like a big door that is obligatory to use, but a side hidden door in the side that not everyone know it exist.

I don't care. BF1 is a game that is fun even when you lose, if you don't let yourself get into a frustrating loop.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Biplane posted:

God tier support gun is the mg15 suppressive, its loving brutal with a 200-round box mag and a loving scope and bipod. Prone it's laser accurate and fired in short bursts you can outsnipe the snipers!

On the right map it's a god gun. On ballroom you can lock down C completely by yourself

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
It's your fault we lost! And you! And you! :argh:

http://i.imgur.com/dUlGt5J.gifv

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
^lllmbo^

Zipperelli. posted:

Do medals reset your progress at the end of the week? Like, if I'm in the middle of the assault/smg medal, and just need to do the 5 kills in a life, but I don't get it before the reset, will it save my progress for next time it comes around, or will it be reset?

it will be reset because DICE hates you

I was unaware that the pouch heals faster, which could change my mind. But I mean functionally if crate heals multiple people and reserves my use of Buttons for Other Purposes then the crate is way better. Not that I dissect my play in this way in reality, but I cannot be firing bullets for the ~1.5 second throw-a-pouch animation and even though I am straight up terrible at shooting, limiting my ability to spray n pray makes me anxious!

just... put out another crate if you need to get different people health?

whenever you put down a crate the old one disappears.

Honestly the half second it takes to throw the pouch is a great way to get in the habit of using cover without getting pinned to it. you should try it.

frank.club posted:

Am I right thinking that the vehicle medal is broken? The first requirement is do 75 vehicle damage but it seems to want me to damage vehicles 75 different times? That's a lot

it goes by real quick using an AA gun or a fast firing vehicle:

-flanker tank
-AA truck
-any fighter plane if you like to dogfight
-any gunner seat if you don't

Tei posted:

:allears:

y'all can blab about your viderogame Skills and your kay/dee's and your win/cry ratios but the winner is the one who plays with panache and pizzaz and his dick out

also something about "fun?" :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I got 75 vehicle damage shooting at planes with my machine gun. I don't recommend that, but it worked fine.