Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Dias posted:

Orlandu is tempting but he only gets real good if you get him DW, right?

Orlandu is better than Gilgamesh even without DW, arguably on par with Luneth. With DW/Excalibur, he becomes death, the destroyer of anything not immune to holy damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

Kicked some pubbies too if any newer goons need more waifus on their list.

I snt you a request. I need all of you lightning, gregs and luneth havers

Im feeling a lot better after seeing my only 5* roll be an agrias. Shes really well regarded in japanese version, even though shes not top of th line bleeding edge OP

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

250 Lapis = Krillfish Number I lost count, but she's at 51% Trust now, and I have 4 more Korilla (Seriously? WTF kind of name is this poo poo? I have no idea how to say it.)

PaybackJack posted:

Sazh is a full breaker(at 5*80) if you want to spent the 30~ Giant Cacutuars to max him out. :suicide:

I would have been all happy that I pulled him yesterday if not for the fact that I already have Ingus. Just gotta level him to get Full Break...

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
My Zidane is at 90.3%, is it better if I just pull him out of the party and wait to get a Moogle?

Also as far as Sword TMs go, I'm going for Save the Queen instead of Excalibur because so far I've noticed elemental weapons have screwed us over more than they've really helped us. Is this an accurate observation?
Actually I should probably go for Sakurafubuki, although I've never pulled a Chizuru for Blade Mastery.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

HGH posted:

Also as far as Sword TMs go, I'm going for Save the Queen instead of Excalibur because so far I've noticed elemental weapons have screwed us over more than they've really helped us. Is this an accurate observation?
Actually I should probably go for Sakurafubuki, although I've never pulled a Chizuru for Blade Mastery.
Holy doesn't seem to be resisted nearly as much as the regular elements. The main issue with it is that in the arena you'll do 0 damage to Cecil using it, but it'll still rip up everyone around him

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

How does the crystal shattering into a crystal thing work? If its yellow to rainbow, does that mean its always going to be only a base 4 star but we decided to awaken it to 5 for you, or is there a chance that it could be a base 5 star? When I got lightning they didn't fool around, just straight rainbow crystal.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Rigel posted:

How does the crystal shattering into a crystal thing work? If its yellow to rainbow, does that mean its always going to be only a base 4 star but we decided to awaken it to 5 for you, or is there a chance that it could be a base 5 star? When I got lightning they didn't fool around, just straight rainbow crystal.

I got a gold that shattered into a rainbow and it was Amarant, a lovely 3* base so there are no rules, only pain.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Well, thanks to one of the goons I added today, I was able to beat the Elite Hanging Gardens. Well, technically everyone died but the friend Luneth I used, but I cleared it! It still counts!

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Rigel posted:

its just a fakeout. for reference , my dracwell is base 5, but he came from a blue crystal that reformed into gold then reformed into rainbow.
It gets silly when you do an 11 pull because the first one is always garunteed gold, but sometimes it'll sometimes show up as blue which makes it really obvious.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Yeah it's just a random visual effect, there's no difference between it and a crystal that started at whatever color

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

OK, how about the other way around. If the crystal shows up rainbow, is that always base 5 or is it sometimes awakened?

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Rigel posted:

OK, how about the other way around. If the crystal shows up rainbow, is that always base 5 or is it sometimes awakened?

It can be a troll, I have had a natural 5* Elza and a troll 5* awoken some-random-piece-of-crap in an 11 pull.

And I've had a blue reform up to rainbow and pop out Luneth on a single pull.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Rigel posted:

it can be something awakened. JP got an update a while back where all rainbows give base 5 and all golds give base 4, but we're still a few months before we reach that update.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So any word on a new years/christmas deal yet, doubly so if orlandu is involved? Me and some friends are doing a dumb giftcard santa thing and we're mostly giving eachother itunes/googleplay and steam because we're all terrible nerds and if there's nothing going on in this, the only game I'd currently whale for, it'd help to know.

EDIT: also what's the general opinion on this amazon app thing? The google play store is an annoyance to use because I don't have an actual android device so I can't access the playstore normally when trying to macro. Are there any drawbacks to using this version of the game if I don't plan to actually purchase lapis on it?

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Dec 11, 2016

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Guys, I just ran into a Bartz with the Golem Staff and Gale Barrage. Never been on the receiving end before.

It feels bad. It feels real bad.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

HGH posted:

My Zidane is at 90.3%, is it better if I just pull him out of the party and wait to get a Moogle?

.3% is about equivalent to 30 battles, so it's really just how anal-retentive you are about being as efficient as possible.

Elemental swords, sort of yes, sort of no. Having no element makes them useful in any situation. But the chaining meta relies on elemental weapons, so they'll shine way more than non-elementals, if you can get that sort of thing set up with your party. Nothing's really been tough enough to require it so far, but it'll come.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Free ticket on its way for iOS.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Are you getting the "A new version is available" thing too?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yep. Updated real quick and there was the ticket.

It was a Kain. Gungnir at 60% now.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Has anyone done the free tickets for switching to the Amazon version of the app? Do you have to stick with the Amazon version if you do?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Tengames posted:

it can be something awakened. JP got an update a while back where all rainbows give base 5 and all golds give base 4, but we're still a few months before we reach that update.

lol. OK, I think I'm fine with it being completely random. If its random you know its 5 star something. You see its blue it shatters into yellow you are thinking "ooh, could be good", then it shatters into rainbow "OMG", then its some awakened 5 star troll poo poo. Or maybe the hype is paid off and you get something good, who knows!

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Skyridge posted:

Has anyone done the free tickets for switching to the Amazon version of the app? Do you have to stick with the Amazon version if you do?

Yes and no

Are there any iOS emulators? Then again, seems like it'll be a pain in the rear end to download and set up on it just for a single ticket.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Uh, well hello Lightning #2 of the week, drat. Maybe I'll get that 70k Moogle now, heh.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
At any point in the JP version do they allow you to have different equipment loadouts for different teams? It's a gigantic pain in the rear end that equipment is locked to characters, or that if I want to switch my Lightning from an Arena to an event build, I have to go manually change that every time.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Skyridge posted:

Yes, they will know if you switch and delete your bedile, cyan and shadow.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Nuebot posted:

So any word on a new years/christmas deal yet, doubly so if orlandu is involved? Me and some friends are doing a dumb giftcard santa thing and we're mostly giving eachother itunes/googleplay and steam because we're all terrible nerds and if there's nothing going on in this, the only game I'd currently whale for, it'd help to know.

EDIT: also what's the general opinion on this amazon app thing? The google play store is an annoyance to use because I don't have an actual android device so I can't access the playstore normally when trying to macro. Are there any drawbacks to using this version of the game if I don't plan to actually purchase lapis on it?

Rumor mill is that we're getting Christmas exclusive units like we did Halloween, and won't be getting Orlandu until after that in January.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

KataraniSword posted:

Orlandu is better than Gilgamesh even without DW, arguably on par with Luneth. With DW/Excalibur, he becomes death, the destroyer of anything not immune to holy damage.

And if it's immune to holy damage just drop the Excalibur for StQ or something else and settle for doing only marginally crazy damage instead of "I can out perform entire parties" damage.

Nargiddley
Jul 30, 2006

Wow, just signed into the app through amazon to get the 3 tickets. My luckiest 3 Tickets ever.

Started with a Fang, going as expected so far.

Next Blue reforms into Gold reforms into Rainbow, my first playing since global release, hoping it's Lightning instead of a troll. It wasn't but I'll take the Luneth that did pop out.

Went for broke and used the 3rd, Zidane.

I think that is my luck used up for a while.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Skyridge posted:

Just claim the 3 tickets and switch back to Android. They'll still be in your inventory.

I have yet to find a decent iOS emulator to claim the last free ticket though.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Got Hope off the daily, decided to try my luck with a ticket...

YESSSSSSSSS :getin:

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Fenrir posted:

Got Hope off the daily, decided to try my luck with a ticket...

YESSSSSSSSS :getin:

Are the Knuckles really that important? Kinda meh TM no?

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Vax posted:

Only good fist for a long while if you've got Snow's TM

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Vax posted:

Amazing TM if you have Snow's to go with it and Bartz, or eventually 6* Firion.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Everybody's getting good pulls but me. I got Panelowned. Yesterday I got Duaned.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cartoon Man posted:

Everybody's getting good pulls but me. I got Panelowned. Yesterday I got Duaned.

i haven't pulled anything good in forever, other than that agrias i snagged not too long ago but also a third agrias isnt SUPER exciting right now

it just feels like everyone in this thread has a base 5* because we all rush to add their ridiculously strong units :v:

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Fenrir posted:

Amazing TM if you have Snow's to go with it and Bartz, or eventually 6* Firion.

I actually have Firion but not Snow. Also Orlandu will probably be there when Firion gets his 6*. So yeah....

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Vax posted:

I actually have Firion but not Snow. Also Orlandu will probably be there when Firion gets his 6*. So yeah....

Whatever bullshit magic I had that summoned 5* bases has died, so I've already accepted that I won't get Orlandu just like I didn't get Gilgamesh or Elza. But Firion I have, and I've got a small army of TMs that I should have ready for him when he awakens.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Fenrir posted:

Whatever bullshit magic I had that summoned 5* bases has died, so I've already accepted that I won't get Orlandu just like I didn't get Gilgamesh or Elza. But Firion I have, and I've got a small army of TMs that I should have ready for him when he awakens.

Dont kid yourself, you lucky bastard will pull him on your first daily and a second one on an 11 pull most likely.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Vax posted:

Dont kid yourself, you lucky bastard will pull him on your first daily and a second one on an 11 pull most likely.

People said that about Luneth, Greg and Elza and welp :v:

That said, even if I don't get Thunder God Cid, I'll be alright with this here swole as gently caress pinku waifu:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Fenrir posted:

People said that about Luneth, Greg and Elza and welp :v:

That said, even if I don't get Thunder God Cid, I'll be alright with this here swole as gently caress pinku waifu:

For someone who isn't a whale it's awfully suspicious that you have two TMs from a base *4, within a week and a half of release. I've been dropped a few lapis refreshes a day since Snow came out and my Zidane is only at like 45%.

I guess you found a new job and got paid eh?

• Locked thread