Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
MEGA SUPER ULTRA FNAF SPOILERS, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

Sprite cutscenes: Purple guy/Ennard walks down the sidewalk with his neighbors waving at him. After the second one, however, the skinsuit Ennard made from the purple guy begins to rot, until it looks like a zombie. Ennard abandons the skin, which collapses to the ground... until it abruptly stands back up, very much alive.

FInal cutscene: There are two Purple Guys. William Afton, and his son, Micheal Afton. Micheal's dialogue is slightly ambiguous, as it can apply equally to events shown in Sister Location and Fnaf3. The cutscene itself shows the burned-down Fazbear's Fright from 3, and Springtrap, unharmed, walking out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Sounds bad

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Yeah, it's putting things into a bleak direction to be sure.

I think it's interesting that despite the jump scare moment from Circus Baby in the first Sister Location trailer you never see her move in the entire game + DLC; and according to some you potentially never speak to her at all.

I wish we had gotten to see Ballora moving off her track. Cawthon described her as moving like a spider. Maybe have been too complex to really render for him though (not from a skill thing, but an indie budget/time thing).

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Those theory videos have got to be pissed every time Scott just takes all of their ideas and stomps on them with vague plot elements until he finally releases a good chunk and NOPE, you were all wrong every time!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Crabtree posted:

Those theory videos have got to be pissed every time Scott just takes all of their ideas and stomps on them with vague plot elements until he finally releases a good chunk and NOPE, you were all wrong every time!

That's probably the entire point.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Crabtree posted:

No way, I bet they love it. And people like watching them especially when new stuff comes out and completely changes what everyone thinks the deal is. I think that's a lot of the fun of the mystery with these games

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Okay, take this from the top. There is a purple man. He is a security guard at Chuck E Cheesy and kills kids in the back, except the kids' ghosts possess these animatronics and one day he gets trapped in an animatronic suit and dies. Is he possessed? I don't know. Then..there's a kid at home and he's running around and kills himself? Someone is bit. In the new one, you're a security guard and eventually an animatronic takes your skin and tries to get out of Cheesy's. Fill in what I'm missing.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Bogart posted:

Okay, take this from the top. There is a purple man. He is a security guard at Chuck E Cheesy and kills kids in the back, except the kids' ghosts possess these animatronics and one day he gets trapped in an animatronic suit and dies. Is he possessed? I don't know. Then..there's a kid at home and he's running around and kills himself? Someone is bit. In the new one, you're a security guard and eventually an animatronic takes your skin and tries to get out of Cheesy's. Fill in what I'm missing.

The kid gets his head crushed by a lovely old robot way before ANYTHING else happens as far as we know. That's 4. His ghost might be the thing that made all the robots alive. Then the killings happen, fnaf 2, the robot poo poo gets possessed on top of being alive. First game happens, Mike Schmidt works for two weeks and gets canned. Then it's twenty years in the future, and at some point the guy who killed the kids comes back, and uses a glitch in the bots to destroy them and tie up loose ends. He accidentally frees the kids souls in the process and gets locked inside a crappy mascot suit/robot hybrid that malfunctions and kills the gently caress out of him, turning him into a zombie robot thingy that's even worse than the others, and is eventually discovered. At this point, he's also the only one that's still functioning, again, as far as we know; after the tourist trap museum he's relocated to burns down, he's sold and his fate is unknown. A recent revelation is that the man actually inside the zombie suit may have been the son of the actual child killer.

Sister Location is about a new place in an even more futuristic time about a creepy doll robot girl that accidentally sucked a little girl into her robot gears and insides and ground her up. This also caused the other bots around her to be possessed(?) And created an rear end in a top hat evil AI named Ennard who's ultimate plan ends with the player character skinned and Ennard wearing it to escape his confinement at the facility the game takes place in. The skin however rots, and Ennard escapes out of it into the sewer while the skin returns to life and looks exactly like the child killer from the early games.

Trap sprung whatever, I like the games even if the fanbase is poo poo. Scott's a cool dude and pretty humble afaik.

Edited for clearer wording.

Jukebox Hero fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Dec 10, 2016

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
sounds kinda dumb but I watch anime so I can deal.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
I'd be willing to bet it's more made up as he goes along than planned, yes.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Jukebox Hero posted:

Trap sprung whatever, I like the games even if the fanbase is poo poo. Scott's a cool dude and pretty humble afaik.

Same here, FNaF is delightfully demented. I also think a lot of complaints about the fanbase is a coded form of "drat kids today don't know what's good" and possibly resentment over a handful of people who built successful YT/Twitch careers from featuring the game. The poo poo part of the fanbase are mainly the creeps who sexualize the most kid-friendly* horror series since Goosebumps; theory-crafters get annoying, but again I think a lot of them are literally kids/preteens so I don't get irritated. Scott himself is humble, donates generously, and flew out a few personalities to visit the FNaF haunted attraction in Vegas this past October as a thank you/way for everyone to see a bit of what the limited show was like.

* The most graphic the game gets is rendered in Atari-era pixels, there's no overt violence, the voice acting/script is PG at most, lots of comedy (both silly and dry/dark). Lots of folks don't like jump scares, but FNaF's scares are the digital equivalent of a jack-in-the-box, a toy lots of kids are still familiar with - or their parents are.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Jukebox Hero posted:

Edited for clearer wording.

Agreed. I never even played the games and still interested on his next move with his story.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

You know. I quite like Gravity Rush, but part of me wants to see a new Siren game. I was just thinking of the possibility of a PS4 Siren game using VR technology where you can quite literally see through the eyes of Shibito and other monsters. They could even reuse the gimmick from Siren 2 where one of the playable characters in blind and that's reflected in VR and you have to sightjack to see and orient yourself.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Bogart posted:

Except from the new super special hard ending of the latest game, Springtrap might just be the killer's kid and the purple body is actually him rotting away while being some sort of messed up undead cyborg corpse? Like he actually was a purple man before he was trapped and rotted away for 20 years and maybe the robots were made to kidnap/murder kids all along? This franchise's story has so many broken pieces to it that it feels like its never going to have a narrative and is probably better off without one, but the fandom just needs those theories.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Honestly if I managed to make something that exploded with theory crafting each game would have contradictory plots just so I could see what bullshit people come up with to make it work

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I like some loving dumb and vague stuff and every time I try to read theory post on FNAF it's the dumbest thing

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
They look like animatronics to you?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Isn't Scott a big-rear end Jesus freak? So strange he's making mad bank of a horror game series where the backstory is the violent deaths of children.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
dude, the bible has people turning into salt and lots of incest. children murder is so whatever.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

s.i.r.e. posted:

Isn't Scott a big-rear end Jesus freak? So strange he's making mad bank of a horror game series where the backstory is the violent deaths of children.

Let me read you a passage from biblical canon that no one likes to talk about, my favorite, 2 Kings 2:23-5.

quote:

23 Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” 24 When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number. 25 And he went from there to Mount Carmel, and from there he returned to Samaria.

This is a book where a man summons 2 bears to horrifically maul, kill and/or devour 42 kids for calling him bald. People are turned into salt for looking back at horrible devastation. The world is flooded. And depending on certain fan theories the official wiki didn't like, angels got down and hosed with humans to create cannibal half-breed giants.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Dec 11, 2016

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Did Jesus do it or is just somewhere in the Bible? Cuz there's lots of people who follow Jesus but don't like much of the bible

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

oldpainless posted:

Did Jesus do it or is just somewhere in the Bible? Cuz there's lots of people who follow Jesus but don't like much of the bible

The apocryphal stories about Jesus as a kid have him doing poo poo like smiting another kid dead for talking poo poo and then later resurrecting him because oh poo poo mom might yell at me.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

It would be fun if someone did a horror story in biblical times. You don't even need to reference Christ, there are plenty of moments where men do horrible things and then come face to face with something otherworldly.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

al-azad posted:

It would be fun if someone did a horror story in biblical times. You don't even need to reference Christ, there are plenty of moments where men do horrible things and then come face to face with something otherworldly.

The reason they refer to angels as 'one like X' is because they're actually saying 'This thing was so loving crazy I can't describe it in human terms but this is the closest I can get.'

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
my favorite angel is the chariot wheel made of hands covered in eyes.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Are nephilim canon because I want to believe angels wanted to bone us

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
the only reason anything in the old testament is 'canon' is that vikings liked it more than the new testament.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Tired Moritz posted:

Are nephilim canon because I want to believe angels wanted to bone us

Totally canon in Ethiopian Christianity!

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Normal Adult Human posted:

my favorite angel is the chariot wheel made of hands covered in eyes.

There's a reason that the first thing Angels say to people is "Be not afraid", because they're all monstrosities of Lovecraftian proportions.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Kokoro Wish posted:

There's a reason that the first thing Angels say to people is "Be not afraid", because they're all monstrosities of Lovecraftian proportions.

Partly, but also partly because even when they're passing for human they are sacred while humans are profane (being of this earth) and so the very presence of a higher being inspires pants-making GBS threads terror and awe.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Hadith 3234 posted:

Whoever claimed that (the Prophet) Muhammad saw his Lord, is committing a great fault, for he only saw Gabriel in his genuine shape in which he was created covering the whole horizon.

I'm sorry Lovecraft but sky blanketing angel is scarier than morbidly obese squid face.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

al-azad posted:

Bayonetta

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Also Mega Ten, God is the franchise main villain pretty much.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Night10194 posted:

Partly, but also partly because even when they're passing for human they are sacred while humans are profane (being of this earth) and so the very presence of a higher being inspires pants-making GBS threads terror and awe.

True, but go back over how they are described. Because that poo poo is some sort of insanity that can only be explained by "and this random goat herder ate tons and tons of mushrooms" and even then it's a bit crazy.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I mean, whenever angels show up on the scene, the first thing they usually say is 'Do not be afraid!' Because they are wheels made of eyes.

And I can't speak for everyone, of course, but I'm not trying to spring any traps -- the hosed up lore of this silly Chuck E Cheese game fascinates me to no end.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

MysteriousStranger posted:

True, but go back over how they are described. Because that poo poo is some sort of insanity that can only be explained by "and this random goat herder ate tons and tons of mushrooms" and even then it's a bit crazy.

Sometimes, but sometimes it's just 'I saw one like a son of man.' And even then they're terrified

Angels are cool and the idea of demons from the old Enochian sect are also cool because they're the immortal part of the Nephilim that couldn't die with the mortal part during the flood (because it was a higher being and so water wouldn't kill it) wandering the universe as disjointed and hateful spirits that fundamentally disorder creation by their existence, to the point that eventually God is gonna need to hit the reset button. That was their explanation for breaches of theodicy (the justice of god) and bad things happening to good people; it shouldn't happen but it does because loving immortal turbo-demons that are half the existence of the spawn of humans and angels are running around loving everything up and even God is powerless to wipe them clean without rebooting the universe.

Basically 2nd temple Judaism came up with cosmic horror (or at least a relatively disenfranchised sect that was pissed off about the current priestly sect controlling all of the kingdom's governance did) after they ran into Zoroastrianism when the Persians beat Babylon and released the captive noble classes.

Night10194 fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Dec 11, 2016

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Tired Moritz posted:

dude, the bible has people turning into salt and lots of incest. children murder is so whatever.

"Blessed are those who smash your infants against the rocks"
-The word of God

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Crabtree posted:

Let me read you a passage from biblical canon that no one likes to talk about, my favorite, 2 Kings 2:23-5.

This is a book where a man summons 2 bears to horrifically maul, kill and/or devour 42 kids for calling him bald. People are turned into salt for looking back at horrible devastation. The world is flooded. And depending on certain fan theories the official wiki didn't like, angels got down and hosed with humans to create cannibal half-breed giants.

This is hilarious and I'd approve of a horror game based around Bible stories because that's crazy.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Crabtree posted:

I don't see anything in that passage that says the bears weren't animatronic. FNaF is canon in the Bible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
New Testament Jesus love and peace stuff is nice but Old Testament is metal as gently caress.