Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

KakerMix posted:

*frantically hides sexlab from installation before posting load order asking for help*

it's okay KakerMix, we can help you with your mod problems. Which SL mods are giving you a :ocelot: hard time :ocelot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

KakerMix posted:

*frantically hides sexlab from installation before posting load order asking for help*

It's ok. It's part of immersion.

I actually think the stormcloaks would be better if they weren't racist. If they were legitimate rebels trying to free the entirety of skyrim - nords, elves and all - from the empire they view as weak for bending to the thalmor, they'd be a more sympathetic faction. They'd have more support and that would fall into the thalmor's plans of destabilizing the empire.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Nah, I'm cool with helping the Stormcloaks based on the single fact that as far as I can tell they didn't have a torturer chilling in their basement.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Vanadium posted:

Nah, I'm cool with helping the Stormcloaks based on the single fact that as far as I can tell they didn't have a torturer chilling in their basement.

The stormcloaks didn't need a torturer in the basement because they had a necromancer in the attic, or did you forget about that guy*?

*guy may not actually be a necromancer

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

The stormcloaks didn't need a torturer in the basement because they had a necromancer in the attic, or did you forget about that guy*?

*guy may not actually be a necromancer

Who's that? Not sure if I forgot or just never got as far.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Wuthred? the Undying, Ulfrics court wizard.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Agents are GO! posted:

Wuthred? the Undying, Ulfrics court wizard.

He was grouchy but not committing war crimes as far as I could tell. Unless raising dudes from the dead is a crime!

Nissir
Apr 23, 2007
Man with no Title
Picked up Skyrim Remastered, last time I played I did the SPERG full conversion and played it with that and had a great time. Is SPERG compatable with the new version of Skyrim or am I missing the obvious?

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

You are. SKSEČ is not yet a thing and SPERG leans on it a great deal.

Nissir
Apr 23, 2007
Man with no Title
Well crap. Thanks for your quick response, is there something similar out there, or when they remastered it did they made the skill system better?

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

I think I got that guy jailed at some point? Wow this is all way too long ago. Is Ulfric on board with necromancy?

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

Nissir posted:

Well crap. Thanks for your quick response, is there something similar out there, or when they remastered it did they made the skill system better?

They didn't. People in this thread have been looking to Ordinator as a passable alternative.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Lazy_Liberal posted:

He was grouchy but not committing war crimes as far as I could tell. Unless raising dudes from the dead is a crime!

Yes, actually. They burn you for it.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

wiegieman posted:

Yes, actually. They burn you for it.

Not a crime within the College, just don't do it in front of the ~ignorants~

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Nissir posted:

Try Ordinator.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
For Skyrim SE, is anyone using Immersive Armors? I noticed in the mod's postings that the author is saying to not use the spell menu mechanic (seems using it a second time is crashing some people's games), so I'm a bit nervous about adding in the mod. Just checking to see other people's opinions on it!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i like ordinator more than sperg.

sorry.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Svanja posted:

For Skyrim SE, is anyone using Immersive Armors? I noticed in the mod's postings that the author is saying to not use the spell menu mechanic (seems using it a second time is crashing some people's games), so I'm a bit nervous about adding in the mod. Just checking to see other people's opinions on it!

I have it in my current game and haven't had any issues with it and wouldn't you know it I've opened that spell menu exactly one time. I'd say it's safe.

cams posted:

i like ordinator more than sperg.

sorry.

Same, fite me ivr

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Vanadium posted:

I think I got that guy jailed at some point? Wow this is all way too long ago. Is Ulfric on board with necromancy?

He's not the real Butcher of Windhelm.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Svanja posted:

I'm using Immersive Armours on SSE, but I've never bothered to go into the spell to configure anything. I'm not noticing any problems.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

It's ok. It's part of immersion.

I actually think the stormcloaks would be better if they weren't racist. If they were legitimate rebels trying to free the entirety of skyrim - nords, elves and all - from the empire they view as weak for bending to the thalmor, they'd be a more sympathetic faction. They'd have more support and that would fall into the thalmor's plans of destabilizing the empire.

Then people would be bitching ITT about how Bethesda doesn't know how to write nuanced factions and it's a laughable choice between good and evil and fallout new begans was just so much better, you guys

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Gay Horney posted:

Then people would be bitching ITT about how Bethesda doesn't know how to write nuanced factions and it's a laughable choice between good and evil and fallout new begans was just so much better, you guys

Sean???? SEAN!

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
It doesn't matter what idea you throw at any of their games if it has a "but still written by bethesda staff" caveat, yeah. They can't do nuance or consistency which is to say they cannot write a good story.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Skyrim feels like basically the 2016 election and I'm ashamed to say I sided with Ulfric Trumpcloak because holy poo poo gently caress the Thalmor.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

doctor 7 posted:

Skyrim feels like basically the 2016 election and I'm ashamed to say I sided with Ulfric Trumpcloak because holy poo poo gently caress the Thalmor.

That's just it tho Thalmor are stronger with a divided enemy. Ulfric is not going to be able to protect Skyrim from them if the entire Empire (which includes Skyrim) could not.
Does Ulfric have ~the voice~ because they start off by saying he shouted the high king apart but did he really?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

KakerMix posted:

That's just it tho Thalmor are stronger with a divided enemy. Ulfric is not going to be able to protect Skyrim from them if the entire Empire (which includes Skyrim) could not.
Does Ulfric have ~the voice~ because they start off by saying he shouted the high king apart but did he really?

Ulfric trained to be one of the Greybeards when he was younger, but left to go be a soldier/nobleman. He basically murdered the high king, who was barely old enough to rule and didn't have Ulfric's experience or power, and probably would have joined him anyways because he was a huge fan of Ulfric's.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

KakerMix posted:

I just finished up the civil war quest with the stormcloaks and he used unrelenting force often in solitude.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

KakerMix posted:

he did train with the oldfarts for an extended period of time

as for the fight itself, he just fightin' worded the boy on his rear end and then poked him with his sword a li'l, he'll dispel the rumor himself if you ask

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

And there's some debate on whether his use of the Voice was called for, since Torygg was just a kid who couldn't really hold a sword. On the one hand, everyone knew Ulfric trained with the greybeards, and Unrelenting Force seems to be the easiest Shout to learn, so him using in battle wouldn't be that unexpected. On the other hand, it was sort of a dishonorable move (like tripping someone up), which isn't really a Nord thing to do.

And here's a Stormcloak-related mod.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

My position on the Skyrim Civil War is that I want to beat up both sides and take their things.

Skyrim may belong to the Nords, but everything in it belongs to me!

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

IIRC the Windhelm dungeon is covered in racks and chains and is literally called the bloodworks. But they don't have an NPC down there called The Torturer so I guess it's all above board...

Strategic Tea fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Dec 11, 2016

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I bet they don't need a dedicated torturer because Ulfric does it personally. He's a freak. Ulfreak.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
Thanks to everyone for noting their experience so far with Immersive Armors. I will give it a go!

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Svanja posted:

Never had a problem with it.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Technically it was perfectly within Ulfric's rights to challenge Torygg to mortal kombat for that chair, and it was the latter's fault he didn't train with sword or Voice like all the (ancient) higher-level draugr you run into.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I don't know, a Dunmer ultranationalist could probably justify siding with Stormcloaks as loving over the empire that defiled their homeland, and making sure it never happens again. They also may want all the dark elves in Windhelm to go back and help rebuild.

And this for valid reason to join Stormcloaks, as far as specifically Dunmer are concerned. Tweak it little to "Empire abandoned us and we had to liberate ourselves", you have both Dunmer and Ra'Gada.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Made the rookie mistake of installing Organized Bandits in Skyrim at start and quickly grew tired of it. 10 levels later and I'm still finding T-posing, headless, naked bandits occasionally. Am I going to have to live with this, or will it eventually stop happening since I assume it'll only happen in areas I went too near when I still had the mod active?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

yeah but chinese romans are way cooler than some feudal losers :agesilaus:

they aren't even vikings because where are the longships???

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Strategic Tea posted:

yeah but chinese romans are way cooler than some feudal losers :agesilaus:

they aren't even vikings because where are the longships???

Making trips back and forth between Solstheim.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

GuyUpNorth posted:

Technically it was perfectly within Ulfric's rights to challenge Torygg to mortal kombat for that chair

But he didn't bring an arcade cabinet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Cat Mattress posted:

But he didn't bring an arcade cabinet!

The dude that gets beheaded in Solitude specifically said the game was Fair Kombat, do you know how rare those are?

EDIT
Here is a dual wield blocking mod for SSE

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Dec 11, 2016