Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
It sure is a shame Obama didn't take everyone's guns to prevent that record number of mass shootings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Twelve by Pies posted:

It sure is a shame Obama didn't take everyone's guns to prevent that record number of mass shootings.

Don't you know? Criminals can instantly and magically get any gun at any time, no matter what the law says, it's why the laws are bad and only punish law-abiding white people.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
speaking of which, we're short on guns this week

good loving luck not getting shot by police for carrying that thing around while black

shoot everything always

firearms, mad dogs

since when do angels carry weapons?

more shooty

might as well not have any laws ever

UN

sparta

there was recently an incident near me where a plainclothes officer and a black man bumped each other in a crosswalk. Butthurt dbag cop detains the guy and brings him up on assault charges. Plus interfering with police for the women who filmed the arrest.

what?

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

I don't know if the words or choice of art is more confusing to me....

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
"the pen is mightier" - stupid lib

"I'll kill you unless your speech agrees with mine" - enlightened conservative

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Defenestration posted:

To be fair, the archangel Michael usually is shown with a sword on statuary and in art, as is Uriel.

That said, the archangels also don't give anyone else a weapon or tell people how cool they are to have and use.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Grimey Drawer

Prism posted:

To be fair, the archangel Michael usually is shown with a sword on statuary and in art, as is Uriel.

That said, the archangels also don't give anyone else a weapon or tell people how cool they are to have and use.

do they ever use those swords on anyone in the Bible or otherwise?
Is this a saints get shown with the instrument of their martyrdom thing?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Defenestration posted:

Yes to being shown fighting. Michael is God's general in the Book of Revelation when he and his angels fought and defeated Satan, and is generally shown as a warrior saint in art. Against humans, less so.

It's still a real dumb post on their part. I particularly hate the pseudo-religious justification for MAH GUNS, despite (or maybe especially because) I'm not religious. What, God told you to shoot everybody who disagrees with you?

(don't answer that, I know they think it's a good idea)

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Defenestration posted:

Depending on which flavor you subscribe to, there's the war from when Lucifer rebelled against God? Pretty much the angelic civil war.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Prism posted:

Yes to being shown fighting. Michael is God's general in the Book of Revelation when he and his angels fought and defeated Satan, and is generally shown as a warrior saint in art. Against humans, less so.

It's still a real dumb post on their part. I particularly hate the pseudo-religious justification for MAH GUNS, despite (or maybe especially because) I'm not religious. What, God told you to shoot everybody who disagrees with you?

(don't answer that, I know they think it's a good idea)

That and being a Christian, you know Jesus said the whole "live by the sword, die by the sword" sorta thing.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

negromancer posted:

That and being a Christian, you know Jesus said the whole "live by the sword, die by the sword" sorta thing.

Jesus thought it was important to bring a weapon to a protest, it forces law enforcement to react, sell your clothes if necessary! But if you've got one, that's plenty, don't worry about it, and for the love of God, don't actually use one or Jesus will have to use his magic healing powers. It's about sending a message, not hurting people.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Famethrowa posted:

the crazy is coming from inside the thread

but I guess if orgoneblasters.com says it happened, it must be true

I've been banned before and will probably be banned again for speaking out against the more . . . Luciferian aspects of the elite.

The fact that my predictions always come true and become part of the accepted "goon narrative" after the fact doesn't matter. It's 2004 all over again where the people who were always against Iraq are obviously insane but the cheerleaders for Iraq that have since reformed and now see it as a bad thing are serious people we need to listen to.

Learn to swim.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

A timeless classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8op1VGu-nvY

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Joe Friday putting those Boomer whipper-snappers in their place.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Defenestration posted:

Prism posted:

When God kicked Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden, he placed an angel with a flaming sword at the entrance. I would assume that if a human tried to enter the Garden of Eden, the angel would have used the sword on them.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Jesus thought it was important to bring a weapon to a protest, it forces law enforcement to react, sell your clothes if necessary! But if you've got one, that's plenty, don't worry about it, and for the love of God, don't actually use one or Jesus will have to use his magic healing powers. It's about sending a message, not hurting people.

This isn't true. The reason Jesus told his disciples to buy swords was to fulfill a prophecy. He explicitly states this in Luke 22:37, "For I tell you, this scripture must be fulfilled in me, ‘And he was counted among the lawless’; and indeed what is written about me is being fulfilled." Jesus needed the swords so that it would look like he was among criminals. When the disciples said they had two swords, he figured that two swords was enough to make them look like they were up to no good.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Shbobdb posted:

I've been banned before and will probably be banned again for speaking out against the more . . . Luciferian aspects of the elite.

The fact that my predictions always come true and become part of the accepted "goon narrative" after the fact doesn't matter. It's 2004 all over again where the people who were always against Iraq are obviously insane but the cheerleaders for Iraq that have since reformed and now see it as a bad thing are serious people we need to listen to.

Learn to swim.

you technically aren't wrong until you bring in batshit crazy conspiracy theories into this

"luciferian" :eyepop:

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Famethrowa posted:

you technically aren't wrong until you bring in batshit crazy conspiracy theories into this

"luciferian" :eyepop:

The luciferian project destroyed Mars/Atlantis. It's not batshit, it's a critical example of why the idea and ideal of the "individual" fails.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Shbobdb posted:

The luciferian project destroyed Mars/Atlantis. It's not batshit, it's a critical example of why the idea and ideal of the "individual" fails.

:eyepop:

i literally have no words

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Famethrowa posted:

:eyepop:

i literally have no words

The truth is hard. I understand the speechlessness and terror that one feels in the face of truth.

Welcome to the struggle, comrade.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Twelve by Pies posted:

When God kicked Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden, he placed an angel with a flaming sword at the entrance. I would assume that if a human tried to enter the Garden of Eden, the angel would have used the sword on them.

I guess the the bible left out the part where the first humans tested the fence and were chopped to confetti WH40k style by a 4 meter tall, vengeful, sword wielding demi-god.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Dec 11, 2016

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Shbobdb posted:

The truth is hard. I understand the speechlessness and terror that one feels in the face of truth.

Welcome to the struggle, comrade.

I can't tell if you're trolling or you've gone batshit insane like Baloogan and McDowell before you.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Twelve by Pies posted:

This isn't true. The reason Jesus told his disciples to buy swords was to fulfill a prophecy. He explicitly states this in Luke 22:37, "For I tell you, this scripture must be fulfilled in me, ‘And he was counted among the lawless’; and indeed what is written about me is being fulfilled." Jesus needed the swords so that it would look like he was among criminals. When the disciples said they had two swords, he figured that two swords was enough to make them look like they were up to no good.

That's what I meant. By bringing a sword (or two), they aren't treated as just a bunch of buds hangin' out.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

That's what I meant. By bringing a sword (or two), they aren't treated as just a bunch of buds hangin' out.

Great, so Jesus was the original open-carry enthusiast.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Literally the same people who were saying "if a SWAT team no-knock raids me without prior warning I will treat them like any other member of the public who steps onto my property with ill intent, come back with a warrant, announce yourself clearly, and ask permission [crying AR-15 over Bill of Rights]" a few years ago.

Which isn't completely unreasonable, you go around breaking into people's houses at night while armed and without announcing who you are, I'm not going to judge a panicked resident who sends a few bullets your way.

The right wing media response to BLM has driven some of those people into uncritical militarized police support.

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

the_steve posted:

Great, so Jesus was the original open-carry enthusiast.

I see no reason to put swords and guns in the same bucket.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

archangelwar posted:

I see no reason to put swords and guns in the same bucket.

Carrying weapons in a bucket seems irresponsible anyway.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?

Jesus christ, they just keep going and going and going...

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

jivjov posted:

Yeah, it's a good way to get im-pail-ed. :mmmhmm:

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Grimey Drawer

Scholtz posted:

Yeah, it's a good way to get im-pail-ed. :mmmhmm:
monster

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

jivjov posted:

Can't be any worse than the lack of following through with basic safety procedures often observed of open carry enthusiasts. Obviously as long as the bucket is open, of course.

Joshmo
Aug 22, 2007
I just want to backtrack slightly about angels murdering people because you guys missed a great one... it doesn't specifically state this one had a sword, but he did straight up kill 185,000 people in a single night. (And apparently they all woke up to see themselves dead?)

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/2kg/19.html#35

quote:

19:35 And it came to pass that night, that the angel of the LORD went out, and smote in the camp of the Assyrians an hundred fourscore and five thousand: and when they arose early in the morning, behold, they were all dead corpses.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Joshmo posted:

I just want to backtrack slightly about angels murdering people because you guys missed a great one... it doesn't specifically state this one had a sword, but he did straight up kill 185,000 people in a single night. (And apparently they all woke up to see themselves dead?)

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/2kg/19.html#35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRrFUPqk0rE

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Defenestration posted:

firearms, mad dogs

"I'm going to start attributing everything I say to George Washington."

~ George Washington

quote:

Since forever.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Grimey Drawer
Flagboy patriot are troops

Oh so not the traitor confederate flag?

yeah that one

literally true

psh signs don't mean anything nothing is signified

people that wave the flag of racists do. next

These people are so mad about a flag not flying in a random town maybe hundreds of miles away that they threaten to burn down the town hall
Constitution loving PATRIOTS

if this is what gets us Star Trek society, I am so down

I can't tell if they're for or against this

feelings

sure if all you want to happen in the army is for hot shirtless men to hurl shells...

propaganda

hell yeah legalize assault for a certain class of people that's the ticket

oh no someone spit on me that's attempted murder - someone who is definitely not in need of a safe space

i like this one, posting it again

sorry their freedom of speech trumps your feelings about the flag

whatever you do don't use those freedoms they fought for you ungrateful swine

grow up

illegals. just imagine this another dozen times in various iterations

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

I half-expect a future post about "it's understandable when a veteran hits his wife" at the rate they're going.

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
In case you encounter someone saying the War on Poverty didn't work and that we now have more poor people than ever (like in the macro from a page back), share this graph please.

Edible Hat fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Dec 11, 2016

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

sweart gliwere posted:

I half-expect a future post about "it's understandable when a veteran hits his wife" at the rate they're going.

I don't have the post now but I have seen it argued that the reason that veterans end up homeless is because war essentially turns them into such beacons of masculinity that they can no longer be accepted into the sissy civilian life. (not in those exact words obviously)

That they swear, have tattoos and scars. That they aren't sensitive to peoples feelings and that they are free with their opinions.

That war somehow turned them into some pirate/lumberjack hybrid. Too awesome for mere mortals.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

sweart gliwere posted:

I mean, it is, in the sense that PTSD makes for a hell of an extenuating circumstance. It just means that they need to get admitted to psychiatric care in addition to whatever other consequences they suffer.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

the_steve posted:

Depending on which flavor you subscribe to, there's the war from when Lucifer rebelled against God? Pretty much the angelic civil war.

If only God had respected lucifers states rights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Defenestration posted:

sure if all you want to happen in the army is for hot shirtless men to hurl shells...
I'm pretty sure that's actually Navy, so again, if all you want out of your armed forces is a bunch of hot sweaty shirtless dudes playing with their big guns...
:gay:

Also, didn't the Army need a shitload of sensitivity training as part of integration?