Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

That's his right-hand man you're talking about there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i painted none of my bones but that wont stop me from getting on bones 4.

Is there some kind of alert I can set up for when it goes live?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/1513061270

If you go there and hit follow, I think it should notify you whenever Reaper starts a project

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

NTRabbit posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/1513061270

If you go there and hit follow, I think it should notify you whenever Reaper starts a project

Notifies you if they start or back a project. I wish KS would have a starts only option but if they do I cannot find it.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Cross postin' the Dragons Don't Share tower, and Mister Bones

NTRabbit posted:

:hb: OATH COMPLETE :hb:

Wait, what's that rattling sound?

Why it's Mister Bones, here to claim the challenge for me!

Also claiming WIP Photos with these 3 points captured between the bare white plastic oath, and the finished product above.

Got a feeling I'll add more flora to it in the future, just not sure what yet.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Because I truly am that much of a goober, my ReaperCon haul:

Ungorth, Cthon Summoner
2x ReaperCon Sophie
2x Grim Squeaker Mousling
Bonehenge Covenant Iconic
Disciples of Cthon Iconic
Duskwardens Iconic
Maggotcrown Iconic
Melusine Darkember
Female Wraith
Headless Mousling
Bat Demon
Winter Spirit
Spirit of Autumn
Giant Bats
2x Halloween Knight
Maggotcrown Antipaladin
Learn to Paint Layer Up Kit
Mouse Mummy from Darksword Miniatures
Priestess from Bombshell Miniatures
2x STAR Troopers from RBJ Game Company
Drummer Girl from Victoria Miniatures
10 Female Arcadian Rifles from Victoria Miniatures
Official Reaper Brand Superglue
3 Paint Sets from Scale75 (Elf, Unnatural Flesh, and Metal and Alchemy Bronze)
Arid Grasslands Kit from Secret Weapon Miniatures
Full Range of Minitaire Paints
Badger Patriot 105 Airbrush
About three hundred dollars worth of random minis from the melt table.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Playing a Pathfinder game where our GM has ALL THE BONES. Pretty dang sweet to have infinite badguys and NPCs

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Painted a Bone last sunday. Painted another one tonight. During the morning football I'm too busy watching six to eight games at once to paint, but by the afternoon it's down to just two or three I care about, and sunday night is just one game.

I'm finding a single human-sized Bone takes me about two or three hours of actually-painting to do. So let's see, I guess I'll need about... uhh... th... no, maybe about forty years of football seasons in which to paint all my bones, at this rate. Sounds about right! I'm sure by the time I'm in my 80s I won't have the hand-eye control to do it any more.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Talking of painting Bones, one down, hundreds to go (with Bones 3 hopefully turning up soonish too!)

Zark the Damned posted:

Autumnal Treeman. Jurnal for the orange and red leaves.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JackMann posted:

Because I truly am that much of a goober, my ReaperCon haul:

Ungorth, Cthon Summoner
2x ReaperCon Sophie
2x Grim Squeaker Mousling
Bonehenge Covenant Iconic
Disciples of Cthon Iconic
Duskwardens Iconic
Maggotcrown Iconic
Melusine Darkember
Female Wraith
Headless Mousling
Bat Demon
Winter Spirit
Spirit of Autumn
Giant Bats
2x Halloween Knight
Maggotcrown Antipaladin
Learn to Paint Layer Up Kit
Mouse Mummy from Darksword Miniatures
Priestess from Bombshell Miniatures
2x STAR Troopers from RBJ Game Company
Drummer Girl from Victoria Miniatures
10 Female Arcadian Rifles from Victoria Miniatures
Official Reaper Brand Superglue
3 Paint Sets from Scale75 (Elf, Unnatural Flesh, and Metal and Alchemy Bronze)
Arid Grasslands Kit from Secret Weapon Miniatures
Full Range of Minitaire Paints
Badger Patriot 105 Airbrush
About three hundred dollars worth of random minis from the melt table.

Is the patriot 105 one of the airbrushes able to hookup directly to the paint bottles? That always seemed so convenient even though I never had a project big enough to need that.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Nope, it has a little well on top.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Fauxtool posted:

Is the patriot 105 one of the airbrushes able to hookup directly to the paint bottles? That always seemed so convenient even though I never had a project big enough to need that.

The siphon feed airbrushes tend to have their own bottles. You can probably fill those up with a mix and store paint in them for later use, but honestly, for miniatures, that's hella overkill. Apparently it's great for big projects and such. For airbrush work on cars, etc... people tend to use multiple airbrushes, one with each color. The cost difference is easily made up by the time saved.

I don't know how easy those are to clean out quickly but they seem like they would be a pain.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Zark the Damned posted:

Talking of painting Bones, one down, hundreds to go (with Bones 3 hopefully turning up soonish too!)

Turning up soon? Latest update basically says this next shipment won't be in their hands until January, and then they will have... 80% of their product!

My bet's on March delivery. They've both said there will be a Bones4 in the spring, and it won't start until everyone has their Bones3 stuff.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

Ravendas posted:

Turning up soon? Latest update basically says this next shipment won't be in their hands until January, and then they will have... 80% of their product!

My bet's on March delivery. They've both said there will be a Bones4 in the spring, and it won't start until everyone has their Bones3 stuff.

That's basically what they're looking at, yeah. Best case scenario has all the stuff in their hands late January, with a February deployment. Bones 4 will commence shortly thereafter.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Y'know, as someone who back this last one as their first Bones Kickstarter, maybe they shouldn't be starting a new one until they actually deliver their last one. But apparently that's crazy talk, since I never see a company do that. Almost like companies are using constant overlapping Kickstarters to hide cash flow problems.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

A lovely Reporter posted:

Y'know, as someone who back this last one as their first Bones Kickstarter, maybe they shouldn't be starting a new one until they actually deliver their last one. But apparently that's crazy talk, since I never see a company do that.

This is exactly what the previous two poasts are saying Reaper is doing.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

If Reaper has any sense (and they seem to have a bit) they would launch their new Kickstarter right after delivery of the current one- that way they can say 'look at all the stuff we just fulfilled, we did it!' and plus all the people that backed the last one will be giddy from getting their stuff/addled by the offgassing of resin and plastic, and back the new one too.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Which is what they're doing. They expect to be done delivering around February, so they're planning to run the next Kickstarter around March. However, if the delivery is further delayed, it will also delay Bones IV. They will not start the new one until the old one is fulfilled.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Ashcans posted:

If Reaper has any sense (and they seem to have a bit) they would launch their new Kickstarter right after delivery of the current one- that way they can say 'look at all the stuff we just fulfilled, we did it!' and plus all the people that backed the last one will be giddy from getting their stuff/addled by the offgassing of resin and plastic, and back the new one too.

Yeah, I think it makes best finacial sense to try and sequence your kickstarters like this. The guys who are going to be doing sculpting + media etc for a new kickstarter are not your deal with Chinese outsourcer + payments + logistics people so it would be insane not to be preparing the next kickstarter because you're just wasting money and time on those people.

I agree reaper is best to delay launch until the other campaign has shipped (or at-least has completed shipped except for obscure geographies, if Brazil or South Africa is still waiting you might want to bite the bullet anyway)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

A huge percentage of customers for each kickstarter are going to be drawn from happy previous-kickstarter customers. Delivering what they wanted to those people is probably really important to do before going back to the well with the same customers. You also really don't want people commenting in your new kickstarter "hey where's all my stuff from the previous one, you jerks!" because that might kind of discourage your new customers.

So Reaper delaying until the previous KS is filled is very pragmatic and profit-maximizing for them and probably has less to do with some sort of sense that they owe their previous backers delivery before doing another.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
It's good business sense and makes customers happy. Win-win in my book, really.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I'm calling reaper making a game soon.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

djfooboo posted:

I'm calling reaper making a game soon.

If they do I expect it to have vague rules for armies rather than naming specific models, that way you can use anything from their lines for stuff. It'd be the smart way since they've got such an absurdly huge catalog.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I foresee a rules light dungeon crawl myself, not a tactical minis game. Like hero quest.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I suppose, but they've also provided enough minis options in the bones kses that an army game isn't out of the question either, or at least a warband skirmish one like deadzone/necromunda/mordheim.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I'm pretty convinced the genesis of Frostgrave was a guy looking to.do something with his Bones.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Reaper has several games, though I'm given to understand they're not terribly good. Warlord and CAV are the big ones (fantasy army game and not-Robotech respectively). They've also had a few other games over the years. Reich of the Dead, Cowboys and Gunslingers, etc, though I don't think any of those are currently going concerns even to the extent Warlord is. They did have a CAV Kickstarter, and got their mechs into Bones, much to the excitement of Battletech players who want cheap stompy robots.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

The latest update makes me a little sad I didn't get the huge cannon, even though I know I have no use or space for it. It looks great.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Any guesses on the lag between fulfillment and the season 3 minis being available for retail?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

They've said in their updates that at a minimum, they won't go to retail until fulfillment is done, but I suspect it'll be basically no delay at all, and in reality, there'll be a little crossover, like yes they'll only go to retail once they've gotten fulfillment done, but order fixing and special issues notwithstanding.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

They've said in their updates that at a minimum, they won't go to retail until fulfillment is done, but I suspect it'll be basically no delay at all, and in reality, there'll be a little crossover, like yes they'll only go to retail once they've gotten fulfillment done, but order fixing and special issues notwithstanding.

I know they won't be out before the KS is fulfilled, but I wondered what the wait might look like. I have some buyers remorse about a couple of figures I passed on and want to grab them once they hit the shelves.

E: Unless someone that ordered the core set would be willing to sell me the Savage Worlds minis and maybe the 116 Foo-dog and the 128 Mastiff. (I'm in Canada)

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jan 9, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-3-the-search-for-mr-bones/posts/1778776?ref=backer_project_update

quote:

I didn't order a certain reward. Will I be able to buy it later?

All reward items from this project will be available for retail sale a few months after fulfillment is complete. All backer rewards will be shipped before any rewards are made available for sale at stores or conventions.

They say "a few months." That likely doesn't include error fixing, but Reaper is pretty quick about error fixing once everything ships out. I had no errors in Bones II, but in Bones I they gave store credit for the two individual minis I had problems with (one missing, one with a limb missing). I think for larger errors they had stuff shipping within a week or so of fulfillment completion.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I think the only two Bones errors I've had to date were with Bones I, and were packaging errors in China: one of my giants had two left hands, and another was missing a head, or something like that. I sort of expected them to just throw a new mini at me, but nope, got the individual pieces just exactly as noted and in pretty short order without any fuss. A+ would did kickstart again

e: Ha, here was my temporary solution at the time:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Cool. NBD. I was just wondering.

Finding pseudo historical/steampunk minis that don't cost an arm and a leg after shipping is tough. Some of the bones fit the bill for looks right, is cheap, and I can source locally.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

Bad Munki posted:

I think the only two Bones errors I've had to date were with Bones I, and were packaging errors in China: one of my giants had two left hands, and another was missing a head, or something like that. I sort of expected them to just throw a new mini at me, but nope, got the individual pieces just exactly as noted and in pretty short order without any fuss. A+ would did kickstart again

e: Ha, here was my temporary solution at the time:

Still say you should've gone with Fistbody.

quote:

"Call me Balgran," the man said, sipping his ale.

"Er, I don't mean to pry," Eridan said, "but how, pray..."

"So, there's this spell, right?" Balgran said. "Curse, sort of thing. Wizard fires it at you, and it turns you into a swarm of evil hands, all of which rush about killing your friends."

"I've heard of it." It was also forbidden by the Council of Magecraft, like most spells that turned your victims into swarms of things.

"Well, I was fighting Vorun the Black--You'll have heard of him, he turned the Arilberg council into giant rats--and he decides to give it a whirl. Only, he hadn't quite gotten the hang of it, yet." Balgran sighed. "One minute, I'm a normal fighter, the next, well, I'm as you see before you. I'm afraid it's hereditary. One of my sons is normal, but the other one, well, he's a handful, is all I'll say."

"How--" Eridan began, then decided there were things he simply didn't want to know. Politely, he took his leave of Balgran Fistbody, Warden of the Barrow Moors.

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

Bad Munki posted:

Pretty sure it took more than a year to get all the B2 stuff into the store after fulfillment. They added a few things at a time, probably so they didn't flood the retail channel with new product all at once. (there was some stuff I decided not to splash out for in the KS that I decided I wanted later and had to wait for.)

However all is not lost - they had B2 stuff for sale during convention appearances before it was in the online store, so if you can make it to PAX west or one of their other shows where they are selling minis, you should probably score.

After KS fulfillment for sure though. If they sold anybody anything before fulfillment was 100% done after all the delays they'd get hunted down and scalped.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Feeling pretty stoked I got the Mythos expansion now!

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

I'm sad that I didn't have the budget to get it.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

senrath posted:

I'm sad that I didn't have the budget to get it.

Second, though at the time it was the least interesting of the expansions to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I appreciate how forward they continue to be with these updates letting backers know exactly where the containers are and what the future holds. Also the fact that they'll be attending shows and it each show they specifically state that they will not be selling any bones 3. I understand that it's in their best interest to be this forward because many people that back Kickstarter are a-holes that can be really annoying if babies don't get their toys now now now.

I hope all the containers are at sea and there isn't still one to go.

• Locked thread