Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

In the most Levi's Stadium loving move ever, the Google Christmas party is there, tonight, the night before the game.

They better not let them on the field or else ehhh who loving cares its the Niners and Jets all these players are gonna be out of the league in 3 years whether they blow out a knee or not

I hope the NFL dies completely in the Bay when the Raiders leave. Also I hope the Bay dies, whether or not I'm in it is immaterial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TeeMerk posted:

Whoa there, always write letters to your favorite team as a child. It teaches a lot of things, just don't be an insane crazy bastard about it.

When I was a kid I wrote a letter to the Montreal Expos and they sent me lots of cool stuff back including an autographed picture of Dennis Martinez.

Sometimes players like getting letters.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Spoeank posted:

In the most Levi's Stadium loving move ever, the Google Christmas party is there, tonight, the night before the game.

They better not let them on the field or else ehhh who loving cares its the Niners and Jets all these players are gonna be out of the league in 3 years whether they blow out a knee or not

I had a former co-worker write me a letter a couple weeks ago.
Technically typed, but he mailed a piece of paper with writing on it to me which counts as writing a letter in my book.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chichevache posted:

I hope the NFL dies completely in the Bay when the Raiders leave. Also I hope the Bay dies, whether or not I'm in it is immaterial.

I'm leaving in 8 months and I will not miss the Bay Area one tiny bit.

It's a cesspool of tech bros and rent gouging.

(and people who can't loving drive to save their lives)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

I'm leaving in 8 months and I will not miss the Bay Area one tiny bit.

It's a cesspool of tech bros and rent gouging.

(and people who can't loving drive to save their lives)

You'll miss the food, but otherwise you're totally loving right. It's like the rest of the world exiles its lovely drivers to the Bay Area. Vietnam, the Mexican cartels, and the lamer 49 states banished their cross-eyed retards to San Jose.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Imagine being the one mongo racist who actually knows who the other Brandon Marshall is.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chichevache posted:

You'll miss the food, but otherwise you're totally loving right. It's like the rest of the world exiles its lovely drivers to the Bay Area. Vietnam, the Mexican cartels, and the lamer 49 states banished their cross-eyed retards to San Jose.

You forgot the 20 year old who speaks only Mandarin who owns a Maserati outright and lives in a Cupertino McMansion and is """studying at De Anza""" and totally isn't his parents hiding money in the USA.

But I'm moving to Sacramento which is where all the people too poor to live in the Bay area moving including all the people making the sweet Bay Area food.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

whats a jigaboo

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Ehud posted:

whats a jigaboo

It is the phone you give old people that just has one button that calls you and no one else.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Ehud posted:

whats a jigaboo

Someone who can't use google to look up a word. :haw:

It's a racial slur against black people because America needed more of those apparently. :911:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/807942261661110272
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/807943589070336000

this sounds about right

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Elephanthead posted:

It is the phone you give old people that just has one button that calls you and no one else.

this helps thankyou

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

We're not going to clean house, we're just going to keep you on as a lame duck while we get rid of all of the previously good players who have given up this year on your watch. Is that about how everyone reads that?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I think the Jets have been rebuilding drat near as long as the Jags have.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/status/807950321494487044

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

oh please let Chip Kelly have full control over personnel please please please please please

quote:

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports "it would be a surprise" if 49ers GM Trent Baalke was retained after the season.

According to La Canfora, coach Chip Kelly's future will be determined by the new front office. Baalke deserves some credit for being part of the team which hired Jim Harbaugh, but he inherited a roster on the rise from Scot McCloughan in 2010. Since then, he has managed to run Harbaugh, one of the best coaches in football, out of town while letting the roster devolve into arguably the worst in the league. Baalke's relationship with owner Jed York is the only reason he has kept his job this long. The 49ers need a big shakeup in the front office this offseason.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

FizFashizzle posted:

oh please let Chip Kelly have full control over personnel please please please please please

Nowhere to go but up anyway

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
You guyssssssssssssssssssss

https://twitter.com/30for30/status/807794593051934720

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

I feel like Baalke just needs a few more seasons to realize his master plan

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

remember those heady arguments circa 2011 when panthers and niners fans would argue over who had a better gm?

heh

heh

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ian Rappoport posted:

If the Bills decide Taylor is not their quarterback of the future, expect them to be active in the veteran quarterback market with a possible eye on Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo. Jay Cutler and Colin Kaepernick also could be on their radar.

This might be something of a hot take, but I think Tyrod Taylor is a better quarterback than Colin Kaepernick.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

That would be very dumb of the Bills.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Seahawks are going to run all over the Packers garbage D, won't be close

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Speaking of now-defunct football leagues I wonder what (if any) sort of revenge First Citizen Trump will try to enact on the NFL from the whole USFL debacle.

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

God willing.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

After making GBS threads all over army and navy yesterday he owes us a treason trial for roger goodell

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I almost sort of want the Bills to lose so they can just release me from emotional investment in this season, but now I have to seriously worry about them letting go of Tyrod.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

fsif posted:

This might be something of a hot take, but I think Tyrod Taylor is a better quarterback than Colin Kaepernick.

If it's an upgrade it's too marginal to consider doing. Makes no sense. Same with Cutler.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

mcmagic posted:

If it's an upgrade it's too marginal to consider doing. Makes no sense. Same with Cutler.

And with Romo's age and injury history who would seriously take him as anything other than a backup?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Chichevache posted:

*checks Denver's next opponent* oohhhhhh, that's why.

gently caress you rear end in a top hat

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

gently caress you rear end in a top hat

:wink: I'd have made the same joke if they played New England.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

:siren: DeAndre Levy is playing today! :siren:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Cowboys have the best GM (Stephen Jones)

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

fsif posted:

I almost sort of want the Bills to lose so they can just release me from emotional investment in this season, but now I have to seriously worry about them letting go of Tyrod.
All Tyrod needs is some stilts to see over his offensive line

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Don't forget Graham and Baldwin, they will get theirs I'm sure.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Flikken posted:

And with Romo's age and injury history who would seriously take him as anything other than a backup?

I can't believe I'm even reading this out of a Browns fan, but half a dozen teams, easily. The upside for 1-2 good seasons is well worth the risk, particularly if you are a contender missing a great QB

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

LightReaper posted:

All Tyrod needs is some stilts to see over his offensive line

Drew Brees? :confused:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

TheChirurgeon posted:

I can't believe I'm even reading this out of a Browns fan, but half a dozen teams, easily. The upside for 1-2 good seasons is well worth the risk, particularly if you are a contender missing a great QB

Because I've seen this story many times before.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Drew Brees? :confused:
Dude's shorter and found success, cool! Look I'll be honest this is nearing the end of my second full season as a follower of American Football so I don't know a ton about a lot of the QBs in the league - does Brees find success in the short range passing game down the middle?

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

LightReaper posted:

Dude's shorter and found success, cool! Look I'll be honest this is nearing the end of my second full season as a follower of American Football so I don't know a ton about a lot of the QBs in the league - does Brees find success in the short range passing game down the middle?
Yes.

Brees is as good of a QB at finding the passing lane to throw into as anybody who's ever played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

height is just a number

• Locked thread