Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Urbz has as many national titles as Florida State does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Leaf Lock posted:

Florida fans have such a hateboner for Meyer to this day that they do everything except outright call him bad (only because they can't) so it's easy to get that impression. It's as if 2009/2010 were just last season to them. I understand there isn't much to talk about since then.

I don't hate Meyer. I think his exit and sob story nonsense is pretty slimy. He's a great coach but he had some holes in his game. Which is exactly what I said.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
"Saban's defenses sometimes have trouble with mobile QBs"

"Stop saying Saban is a bad coach!"

Leaf Lock
Oct 21, 2010

:duckie:Caprisun Major:duckie:

LeeMajors posted:

I don't hate Meyer. I think his exit and sob story nonsense is pretty slimy. He's a great coach but he had some holes in his game. Which is exactly what I said.

That may be, but I've seen others openly wish for his demise ever since he took another job, which is clearly slimy. Like they wait on bated breath for him to keel over so some sort revenge or justice will be complete.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Leaf Lock posted:

That may be, but I've seen others openly wish for his demise ever since he took another job, which is clearly slimy. Like they wait on bated breath for him to keel over so some sort revenge or justice will be complete.

*Raises hand

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

MourningView posted:

Urbz has as many national titles as Florida State does

He do.

That Works posted:

*Raises hand

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Urbz doesn't have the ACC meatgrinder to deal with, though. :colbert:

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Joe Moorhead is definitively not in the running to be Temple head coach, whatever that means.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Happy for Fickell, he shouldn't be excluded from a HC shot because of that interim year. REALLY happy if someone takes Warriner, though I do worry about holding the recruiting class together with losing assistants, it is shaping up to be perhaps the best ever or close to it.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

florida should hire ron zook

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
I'm frankly astonished Fleck looks like he's staying at Western Michigan. There is literally no way he can be a more appealing hire than he is right now. Oh well.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Leaf Lock posted:

Florida fans have such a hateboner for Meyer to this day that they do everything except outright call him bad (only because they can't) so it's easy to get that impression. It's as if 2009/2010 were just last season to them. I understand there isn't much to talk about since then.

Seems like they'd have a little more respect for the greatest coach in program history

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

swickles posted:

"Saban's defenses sometimes have trouble with mobile QBs"

"Stop saying Saban is a bad coach!"

*runs through door out of breath*

"don't you EVER insult Nick Saban!"

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Kerry Coombs is staying at Ohio State and will have an expanded role on defense. :toot:

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

So who does Temple hire now? Schiano?

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Web says they talked to Old Dominion's Bobby Wilder. He's been there since '07 and was at Maine before that.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/brucefeldmancfb/status/807974742330249218

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Schiano is not going to a G5 job.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
he already coached Rutgers, it's not like has standards

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MourningView posted:

There's a good opportunity for a Tampa Bay joke here too.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Komet posted:

So who does Temple hire now? Schiano?

the players want to promote Phil Snow, so

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

MourningView posted:

Temple is a better job than Rutgers at this point

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Charlie Strong to USF is official.

https://twitter.com/usffootball/status/807995933208313856

Guess I have another team to root for now.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

That's a great hire for USF

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

stop putting more great recruiters in the dumb state of florida

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

stop putting more great recruiters in the dumb state of florida

RealTalk that makes Mac the 4th best recruiting HC in the state of Florida and we're likely to have real issues if Strong can manage to keep Taggart's momentum.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Actually if Lane Kiffin is hired at FAU, Mac is 6th. Butch Davis is a good recruiter for fiu

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Strong at USF may cut in to UF's QB recruiting

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Dilber posted:

Actually if Lane Kiffin is hired at FAU, Mac is 6th. Butch Davis is a good recruiter for fiu

Ah gently caress, forgot about Butch. And Lane would definitely make him 6th. gently caress me.

:sadwave:

pillsburysoldier posted:

Strong at USF may cut in to UF's QB recruiting

Divide by zero error encountered

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Seriously amazing hire for USF

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

RealTalk that makes Mac the 4th best recruiting HC in the state of Florida and we're likely to have real issues if Strong can manage to keep Taggart's momentum.

So if I've got this right:

1: Jimbo
2: Richt
3: Strong
4: Butch
5: Mac
6: TBA pending incoming Lane Train

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

C. Everett Koop posted:

So if I've got this right:

1: Jimbo
2: Richt
3: Strong
4: Butch
5: Mac
6: TBA pending incoming Lane Train

Something like that. UF may end up with better classes overall due to facilities and 'SEC,' but Strong/Butch are objectively better recruiters than Mac.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I say this without irony, Florida needs to bring back Zook as a recruiting coordinator or something like that.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Komet posted:

Temple is a better job than Rutgers at this point

lol no

In actual news, Drew Mehringer is leaving as Rutgers OC for Texas. It's unclear if he'll be the OC in name only or a position coach. His offense was terrible this year, but they didn't have the personnel to run it. And thus continues the curse where Rutgers has to hire a new OC every single loving year.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

swickles posted:

I say this without irony, Florida needs to bring back Zook as a recruiting coordinator or something like that.

Zook was an amazing recruiter, so I say yes, but only if he's also head coach again, or co-head coach with Muschamp.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

swickles posted:

He's a special teams coordinator with the Packers now. Also not sure how eager he'd be to go back to the place that started a website calling for him to be fired before he'd coached a game

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
lol @ the florida fans panicking that the guy that had a losing record at Texas with a historically bad big 12 is going to run them out of Florida

watch out he might re-hire shawn watson and gain seventy yards against you in a bowl game

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Scionix posted:

lol @ the florida fans panicking that the guy that had a losing record at Texas with a historically bad big 12 is going to run them out of Florida

watch out he might re-hire shawn watson and gain seventy yards against you in a bowl game

Florida lost to the Charlie Strong coach Louisville Cardinals in the Sugar bowl in 2013.

He's also a good really good recruiter, irrespective of the results on the field.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
He didn't do well at Texas but he did really well at Louisville. I don't think Strong's a bad football coach, just perhaps Texas wasn't a good fit for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
I feel like Winston Smith from 1984. "Charlie Strong has always been a good coach at Louisville. He was never a bad coach at Texas. "

*turns back to government camera, writes in diary KANSAS*

• Locked thread