Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.
Novas and VomitCrows are going to be more prevalent than ever. Have fun losing a component to each alpha!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Novas for life

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

NihilCredo posted:

By the way, if PGI doesn't understand the difference between "asynchronous" and "asymmetrical" that might explain why their game design is such a mess. :laugh:

If you have ever watched any of the dev streams, Russ doesn't understand 90% of terminology related to anything. The fact he remembers to breath is remarkable enough.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Asynchronous multiplayer in mwo would be hilarious. One team logs in and plays for one minute, then the other team does, repeat until everyone is dead.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Fil5000 posted:

Asynchronous multiplayer in mwo would be hilarious. One team logs in and plays for one minute, then the other team does, repeat until everyone is dead.

I'm hanging out for serial multiplayer. Or hotseat multiplayer.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Jack2142 posted:

Cyrano4747

How utterly incompetent was that pubbie Timberwolf jfc that was awful.

Oh. My. loving. God.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Fil5000 posted:

Ironically this what happens when clans stack scouting and then never touch it when they won it. Can't get it back in time if ghost drops are the only thing you can get.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Not super happy about the DHS buffs, heat needs to be more restrictive, not less if you ask me.

Also loving lol at the SHS buff, pretending as if its a viable option and not just a mech tax.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Ok, stuff seems better than when I last tried the game. Guess waiting 4 years for updates will do that.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Ash Rose posted:

Not super happy about the DHS buffs, heat needs to be more restrictive, not less if you ask me.

Also loving lol at the SHS buff, pretending as if its a viable option and not just a mech tax.

Definitely agree. Heat is absolutely not a limiting factor on too many mechs already.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
operation Hunchback Hoedown is go.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Ash Rose posted:

operation Hunchback Hoedown is go.

What builds are you using with that??

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Artificer posted:

What builds are you using with that??

I don't know the specific builds but, the pubbies wasted all their multipliers for their sniping map and got rolled by the brawling hunch bunch.

E: Most people were using AC20s + pulse, 2 LBX10, or UAC5s.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Their brands were still on fire and their hooves were made of steel
Their horns were black and shiny and their hot breath he could feel
A bolt of fear went through him as they thundered through the sky
For he saw the riders comin hard and he heard their mournful cries

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
3 MLs + AC/20 for me.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
gauss and 3 ML for me

also that ruled and I love you all very much

next time we roll Vindicators

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I revealed the secret of the hunchcave

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Misery is real good, guys.

And I've been playing with nongoon friends for a while. Hopefully will join you guys again soon. I converted one of them to love Brawling.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Just a quick poll before tuesday quickplay faction warfare poo poo, should we go clans or IS? this is for GIRL and WoL

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

TeeMerk posted:

Just a quick poll before tuesday quickplay faction warfare poo poo, should we go clans or IS? this is for GIRL and WoL

Aves was gonna pick a IS WoL contract that had the highest cbill bonus. I still think a lot of WoL lack clan mechs, or at least enough for a drop deck. Besides, if this reiteration of CW turns out to not be poo poo we may have a resurgence and I'm sure most of the come backs won't have Clan mechs.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

In that case, I think HIGBY should too, just to allow max goon cooperative opportunities.

Edit: spirit bear with 2 large lasers, an ultra ac 10, and a lrm 20 with artemis. why

Artificer fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Dec 11, 2016

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Murdering people with mist lynxes in anticipation of mist lynx rocket murder electric boogaloo

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

TeeMerk posted:

As a completely unbiased clanophile, clans mechs are better for CW.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Artificer posted:

Edit: spirit bear with 2 large lasers, an ultra ac 10, and a lrm 20 with artemis. why

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
The hunch bunch was hilarious and amazing.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
OK so QP FP are going to be on regular maps, right? So whats a good IS dropdeck since you won't really know the map and can change it up like in Invasion mode lobbies? I haven't played CW since you could have multiple dropdecks, can anyone tell me how that mechanic works?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

TeeMerk posted:

OK so QP FP are going to be on regular maps, right? So whats a good IS dropdeck since you won't really know the map and can change it up like in Invasion mode lobbies? I haven't played CW since you could have multiple dropdecks, can anyone tell me how that mechanic works?

Last time I did CW, I rolled three Warhammers with similar builds and a light.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

TeeMerk posted:

This Instructional Video will tell you/us everything we need to know and bring to the match.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Good IS CW mechs:

Pokey types:
BLR-1G, BLR-2C, GHR-5P, BJ-1X, BJ-3, ENF-4R, BLK-KNT-7-L, GHR-5P, Jester, the Warhammer line, BNC-3M, Top Dog, STK-4N, TDR-9SE, MAD-3R, Sparky, TBT-5J, WVR-6K, HBK-4P

Brawly types:

AS7-S, AS7-D-DC, GRF-3M, GRF-2N, HBK-4SP, SHD-2D2, Oxide, CPLT-A1, CP-10-Q

Dakka mechs for Hot Map:
BJ-1 with AC/2s, MAL-MX90 with AC/5s, Black Widow with AC5/UAC/5, Sleipner with UAC/5, Jagermech with UAC/5s or dual gauss

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Atlas, Atlas, Hunchback, Locust.

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.
Hey folks, I dropped for about six months. Whats this I saw vaguely about some kind of skill tree or something? Have I missed any big updates in the past half year?

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Commoners posted:

Murdering people with mist lynxes in anticipation of mist lynx rocket murder electric boogaloo

fwiw, getting repeatedly killstolen by a myst links is shameful. and hilarious.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

johntherussian posted:

As a completely unbiased clanophile, clans mechs are better for CW.

Yeah but isn't it nicer to play with goons regardless of mechs?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Darius099 posted:

Hey folks, I dropped for about six months. Whats this I saw vaguely about some kind of skill tree or something? Have I missed any big updates in the past half year?

so what's gonna happen is that all modules and most quirks are going away. Instead of the old skill tree you can now spend XP to pick and choose quirks within a limited set. You can focus on weapon quirks, armor quirks, speed quirks, quirks that replicate the old modules like radar derp, or some combination of the aformentioned

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Darius099 posted:

The skill tree change won't happen until sometime next year. Right now, skills are the same as they've been.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Heh, skoll wandered in to the wrong forum and got 7 days off.

I'm sad I didn't jump on last night, having been on the wrong side of a hunchrush a few times, I'm guessing it was hilariously fun.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

veedubfreak posted:

Heh, skoll wandered in to the wrong forum and got 7 days off.

Good.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
good lord, the quad c-uac2 hunchback is a certainly a thing

:stare:

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.
it can fire a round every 90milliseconds!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

Artificer posted:

Yeah but isn't it nicer to play with goons regardless of mechs?

No

• Locked thread